cold hard ground
[/html]
[html]

the horse

Word Count → 787, 7 points

It had been days Elody had kept to herself, shielded herself from the face of Anathema just until things cooled. Perhaps she had been a tad too rude to Pride, after all--Perhaps her impulsive mouth had gotten the worst and best of the youth, and quite simply it was recognized as a formidable and very hard to break weakness. And she hadn't seen much of Zayden for a while to come. Perhaps he had gotten sick of her, or perhaps Itzal. It seemed the yellow-eyed Dasa had pulled the poor hybrid's strings just enough. And quite honestly, it hurt a little within the gut of the young Lykoi to imagine her first companion to walk out of the lands in the snap of his fingers. So simply she moped, laying comfortably in her bed of furs, often sleeping the days away, as if the world wasn't to be pleased with her lack of usefulness. But what value did she have to offer? After all, Zepar was subordinate and it appeared the appointed duties were to hang around and help out when needed...But no major tasks were to be utilized.

She believed she was dreaming, that the soft whisper of footsteps into her quarters were simply an illusion, and her sleep had been brought on quickly enough to bring her to the world of dreams. In her sleep, she twitched and curled her body into a soft circle, until the finger lain themselves upon her cheekbones. Green eyes fluttered open, the expression of surprise filling in the once-peaceful way her face had arranged itself in relaxation in sleep. And almost nose-to nose, Ellie met a dark face with violet eyes staring back at her. The voice urged Come on Ellie...I need to show you something-- When refusal came with a shake of her head, strong arms heaved her upwards, a blanket still clinging to her slim form. What, Zayden? Her voice was muffled with slight irritation and sleep, and confusion with the light. It was hard to tell how long she had slept, perhaps a few hours, or perhaps it was morning by now. The dark of the deep caves made it difficult by far. The darker coymix said nothing, but smiled conspiritorially in the girl's face, which simply further annoyed the sleepy Lykoi. Elody made no move to squirm out of his arms, having no actual route to dart to. Why are you kidnapping me? Elody growled softly, mock-biting his shoulder. Naw not kidnapping...I really, really have something to show you." Zay winked, his feet bringing them closer to the exit of the caverns. Vaguely, the youth wondered where they were going, shaking her mop of unruly auburn locks, and burying her muzzle into his shoulder. She had not realized that the stables would be their destination, and it wasn't until the scent of livestock reached her tender nose until her head was brought up to glance. Zay set her down on her feet gently, wrapping the blankets around her shoulders and disappearing into one of the stalls.

What he did took her breath from her lungs.

It was until after the words For you. That Elody regained her breath, because this was a seriously stunning creature. It stood valiant and stoic, long-legged but not a huge horse by far. The main coloration appeared to be black, if not obscured by large splashes and speckles of ivory. Her words were hard to form. What...How--Did you? Shrugging, Zay lead the horse back into the stall, a large grin on his face. A trader. He was far north, and I decided to get it for you...I traded my katana for him. His name's Sabre. In shock, the Princess's voice was creaky and weak, replying incredulously Seriously! Your Katana? Why would he trade in his father's weapon for a horse?

Nothing else came from her coyo-muzzle except for that of a hysteric giggle, not sure if this was reality or not. But she flew into his arms, enoying being caught and spun into a circle. It was almost a close moment until the young man muttered It's your job to muck it out. A wild grin plastered itself on his face, touching the ends of her curly hair with a finger.

It took a while to find themselves back at the cave system, decidably, Ellie would pay a visit to her beautiful equine later. They reached her room, and Zayden stopped her, awkwardly placing an arm around her shoulders, purple eyes wide, voice soft. He's only using you...I can give you much better Elody. He sounded boyish, vulnerable. Simply, Elody smiled, leaning into his shoulders. I don't know, maybe you should stick around more.

<style>
.erodyfour .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.erodyfour p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.erodyfour b {color:#014fa4; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.erodyfour {background-color:#b09ec4; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... _stock.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:490px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; outline:1px solid #000000; border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color:#ffffff;}
.erodyfour .inner {margin:0px 10px 260px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none dotted dotted dotted; border-color:#000000;}
.erodyfour .wordcount {color:#014fa4; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #000000; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
</style>[/html]