Beneath the Black Web
[html]

Lyris Stryder
You belong to me,

My snow white queen

Form :: Lupus [ Required ]

The owl. A curious creature. One that seemed to have no restraint of how far they could twist their neck- one that had eyes so large it was unnerving. Eyes that shimmered in the darkness, and eyes that were oddly pale in the sunlight. And then there was that hoot.

Lyris didn't like the hoot. It sent an icy finger down her spine; caused evergreen eyes that were black in the dark to dart to and fro nervously. The high, clipped sound danced through the silent forest, purposely drawing away from the producer, just to scare her a little bit more. Just to push her a little farther forward- kick her shins and get her to run faster.

White paws thudded the ground, leaving scuffed up dirt and fluttering leaves in her wake. Her body moved fluidly, more gracefully than it had in while. But she was charged by adrenaline- by fear. She didn't know what sparked it- maybe that cursed owl. But she was afraid. She was beneath the black web of the canopy, and she was afraid. So young and so alone. Her terror had pushed all thoughts of sickness and all pulsing headaches away. She just needed to get out of that dang forest. Get out. Get out. Get out.

A splash pushed her over the edge. A terrified yelp; high and shrill- burst from her jaws. Wildly, Lyris flipped her head about, trying to find the source. What was going on? Taking a stroll from Sangi'lak territory was not one of her brightest ideas. Alone under a dark moon and a silent forest, blacker than black- that was a recipe for disaster.

Her heart thudded against her rib cage almost painfully. She frantically turned. Where did the splash come from? Who was there?

Oh.

She had leaped right into a river; it was her own paws doing.

A breath that she had not known she had been holding seeped from her throat in a wave of relief that almost knocked her over. It was alright. She was alone. Safe. For the moment.

The cool water lapped greedily at her sugar-white fur. Lyris blinked down at the river like a mother would a curious child. What did it want? Drink, Lyris. And she did.

Slender muzzle submerged in the chilly liquid, making the hairs stand on the nape of her neck; but clearing her mind. The caress of the river against her scarred jaw was nice- it helped her think. She was at a river. It was nighttime. It was quiet. She was alone.

For now.

Word count :: 433 | OOC :: Freaked out Lyris amuses me. c;

There's nowhere to run, so let's just get it over.

Soon I know you'll see, you're just like me.

My snow white queen...

[/html]