Out of sight, out of mind.
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... mes_v2.png); background-color:#000000; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 335px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; border-bottom-left-radius:0px; border-bottom-right-radius:0px; border-top-right-radius:10px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:0px; -moz-border-bottom-right-radius:0px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:10px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:0px; -moz-border-bottom-right-radius:0px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:10px;">

ooc: Form;Lupus

Strange things had been going on in the pack for these last few days, and yet X'ies could not quite place his paw on precisely what the cause was. It seemed that the ancestors had let loose the mischievous spirits of the taken pups and they were now playing tricks upon him, their way of mocking him as a would be father. Or perhaps it was punishment for not quite embracing the joy that possibility brought. But then again, such was the nature of his cynicism. For X'yrin the prospect of being a mother was guaranteed, her joy would know no bars or limitations. For him however the word "possibility" hung in the air like a dark cloud covering an otherwise sunny day.

He had not shown no joy at the idea of her puppies coming into the world, but nor had he shown the excitement of the father of these children. For indeed, he was ot sure if he was. Whilst true he understood why this possibility had to darken his joy the consequences of such things were in the Lambda nature. He could not ignore it and gleefully squeal like the happy mother. He would embrace her pregnancy as one would with any pack member. But till he saw the grey coat and inquisitive eyes develop. He could not be sure just who had been their sire.

Regardless it was in preparation for this new birth that these odd occurrences' began to happen. With the remnants of the bear fur he had made X'yrins cloak with he was now crafting a blanket with which to keep the puppies warm with. However much of what he was using to craft this was going missing. The odd cut of fur, some thread. He would turn his back and all of a sudden it would be gone, vanished into thin air...the only source of evidence to the culprit, the sound of wings, and an owl feather at the mouth of the cave. An owl feather...the sign of a Lambda's wisdom..Perhaps it was a sign.

"....Perhaps they are telling me I am old enough to be losing my memory and my wits..."

Word Count: 362

[/html]