PLOT - SNOWSTORM - Phoenix Valley
Hi everyone! As a boardwide plot, there will be a snowstorm blowing through Nova Scotia starting February 5th through the 7th or 8th. It's gonna be a really bad one, and considering how north Phoenix Valley is, we're going to get hit. Hard. The damage will be excessive, driving the Valley in a slightly new direction--figuratively AND literally. There may be a slight shift in territory (we are overdue for an extension anyway), since a lot of the territory's going to collapse in.

[html]Here's what we have planned out:

• FEB 5: Three Moons' Ranch: Roof flies off, half the building damaged. Innards are filled with snow with extensive water damage, stuff is strewn everywhere, all the windows are broken. All books in the library are destroyed; the stone hearth is fine, though the chimney breaks; all items from the kitchen are strewn everywhere. The ranch was the base of operations, Jefferson/Geneva/Pripyat's home, and in the center of the territory.
  •    Plot & Thread Opportunities:

• Anyone in/around the ranch house can be in the middle of it. There is nothing collapsing inside, as the roof flies elsewhere.
    • Aftermath: Repairing the roof (spring through summer 2011) -- A non-mandatory pack thread will be made; private threads between members/Jefferson also available
    • Aftermath: Jefferson, Geneva, Pripyat move to a new location
       Plots happening here:

• Jefferson digs out Xeris from barn collapse rubble

• FEB 5: Three Moons' Ranch barn demolished, livestock killed. The barn connected to the ranch house is completely destroyed by the ranch's roof that flies off; half of all livestock is lost, as well as all but one or two horses.

• Anyone inside the barn at the time will be crushed. Injuries vary depending on player preference; characters can be killed, trapped, minorly injured, completely uninjured, or in need of rescue here.
    • Aftermath: Extensive trading with other packs will be necessary to get back horses and livestock. Good for ambassadors!
    • Aftermath: Need to find a location for the animals until the barn is rebuilt. (Hint: There might be one in the territory extension!)

• FEB 6: Eagle Tower collapses. The old tower topples over and crumbles completely. It stays partially intact until it hits the ground, at which point its structure loosens completely and bricks are strewn everywhere.

• The tower would provide good shelter from the storm, until it falls over...
    • Anyone in the tower or directly beneath where it falls over would be seriously injured or killed. A serious search party would be needed to dig out any trapped beneath the stones, dead or alive.
    • Aftermath: None. Will be listed as a territory of debris.

• FEB 6: Red Vine Hollow's roof breaks open. A tree falls through, breaks a wide hole open in the roof. Bricks crumble down into the dusty rooms. No inside damage other than minor snow/water damage; all walls remain intact, as the building is built like a small fortress.

• Considering how tough the building is, it's an excellent shelter from the storm. The roof breaks open from the tree, but the tree remains there in the roof and lets in light and snow; other than from falling bricks, there is little risk for injury.
    • Red Vine Hollow is very hard to get into, so a thread with characters mid-storm desperate for shelter would be excellent here, trying to fight their way into the building. After the roof collapses, it becomes a permanent entrance, the tree climbable from the ground in order to get in.
    • Aftermath: None. Territory will remain the same with damaged roof.

• Saunder's Mill (FEB 7) and Estrelas Praias (FEB 8) are completely demolished. The gale-force winds crumble the mill into the river, and the nightclub's roof completely collapses in on itself, heavy from snow.

• Anyone inside the Saunder's Mill would be killed or drowned.
    • Anyone inside the Estrelas Praias nightclub could wait out the entire storm safely; the roof breaks from the weight of the snow at the tail-end of the storm; any still inside could be crushed, trapped, minorly injured, etc.
    • Aftermath: None. Both the mill and nightclub are listed as debris territories.

• FEB 5-8: Several cabins are demolished. The countless cabins that dot around the territory are halved, whether by falling trees, collapsing roofs due to snow, blown over walls, etc.

• Characters who own or reside inside a cabin can choose to keep it or lose it to the weather. Set up your own plot with that!
    • Several unowned cabins also collapse; due to the convenience of so many cabins being around, it is likely they will be used as shelter from the storm, but can also be used plot-wise to fall on members, etc. Again, all that is up to you!
    • Aftermath: A new map will be made, listing the remaining cabins still standing. All members with claimed cabins (and any who WANT one; see Policies) must PM the leaders the placement and status of their cabin. No cabins will be rebuilt, unless characters want to personally take on the job.

• FEB 5-8: Miscellaneous general destruction. Trees fall all over the territory. Crumbling rocks, avalanches, and anything else you can think of is liable to happen.

• If you want something to happen to your character that can't be fit into any of these other scenarios, you can figure it out here somewhere.
    • Frozen-over lakes are liable to have thin, breakable ice!
    • Aftermath: A new map will be made, listing the remaining cabins still standing. All members with claimed cabins (and any who WANT one; see Policies) must PM the leaders the placement and status of their cabin. No cabins will be rebuilt, unless characters want to personally take on the job.

• FEB 5-8: Outside-territory damages. The snowstorm is board-wide, and thus all 'Souls packs and territories will be affected.

• Your character can also be injured or otherwise affected by the blizzard outside of Phoenix Valley. As always, if plotting in other packs, normal rules apply. Neutral territories can also be plotted in, thus non-Valley members can also aid in rescue or vice versa.
    • REMEMBER: If you choose to plot outside the pack, remember in-character traveling times! It is completely out-of-the-question to be in the AniWayan general area one day and back in the Valley for the rest of the storm the next day. Especially due to the storm, traveling is near-impossible. Your character might need to buckle down in another pack or shelter to wait it out before they can get home.
    • If your character has family members in other packs you want to get involved with somehow, you can head this route. Let us know here if you do, and then please keep any plots not directly related to PV outside this thread.
    • If you need/want PV to run a search party for your character outside the territory, that is plausible too--just know that we can't do something that for more than one character, tops. Tongue

• Other things we are considering to happen. If one of these interests you, let's talk about it!
    • Sanctuary Island floods, mansion destroyed
    • Members stranded at the Raven Beacon island; lighthouse is unharmed by the storm but boat sinks, etc.
    • Mirror Lakes flood, causing damage to the Mirror Lakes Villa
    • Large group thread of everyone taking shelter in any one place that is unharmed -- just a thread of everyone being paranoid, waiting out the storm
[/html]
There will be a non-mandatory pack thread held FEBRUARY 9th. It is non-mandatory because, obviously, there may be individuals who are missing, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to get there. This pack thread will be going over what happened to whom, and all members present will be required to post ONLY ONCE to report what they saw and any other information they have.

Please, work together! Post here some ideas you'd like to see happen, what you can do with your character! DATES HAVE BEEN SET to pre-date/post-date accordingly if/when needed and to generally keep everyone in order as to what has already happened or hasn't. REMEMBER, you CAN be involved in more than one plot! While we don't expect you to have a roof drop down on your character four times in the span of the few days' worth of snow, we are encouraging members to both be victims AND rescuers! Here's the place to chat about what you'd like to happen, how you want to be involved, and what you'd like to do in the aftermath of the storm!

I will be updating this post with what's going on and where, so we can keep track of it all. Smile

---

Jefferson will be losing an arm completely; I won't go into details how, but I do have a plan how! I would like this to be due to a rescue mission on one of the final days of the snowstorm, and it will need to involve one of his personal family members (Geneva, Pripyat, Addison, Miriette, Gael). This will be a private thread only between any from that family that want to be there. He will not require rescuing himself, and will be able to save whomever it is he was trying to rescue in the first place, as it is a life-or-death situation for that character.

JEFFERSON IS AVAILABLE FOR RESCUING ANY MEMBERS AT ANY TIME DURING THE STORM (pre-arm loss). He is not the type to stay in one place when his pack's in danger, so expect him to show up in a majority of threads available to him. I will also be available for private threads, just shoot me a PM or post here! Big Grin
Oh this is going to be fun! And Jefferson losing his arm? That will be interesting. o_o

Lin, would you be interested in a Jefferson & Xeris thread on the 5th at the barn? Xer could just be going to visit Jefferson to talk about his plans for dealing with the weather, and then the storm starts getting bad and she hides in the barn and parts of it fall on her? And Jefferson has to dig her out or whatever.

If she doesn't end up too badly injured after that (I haven't decided what the extent of her injuries would be. nothing too bad though), she will also be available for rescuing people, as will her NPC son Carwyn who would probably join her on any search parties she goes with.
Yup, sounds good to me! Jefferson's in charge of the animals in the barn, obviously, so we could always start in the ranch and then head over to the barn, where he starts making sure the animals will be okay and either during it or on their way out it collapses in on them and he can dig her out from there. Might that work better? Big Grin
That would be good, yeah. She could show up and offer to help him out and then that stuff happens. Big Grin
Since Gael and Jefferson are I guess on a tolerate each other agreement, perhaps he could be able to fit into some of the plots with Jefferson.
I was thinking that Tala would try and spend the storm in her cabin, but it will be destroyed a few days in. A tree will break through the roof, causing it to collapse and break down one of the walls. Some of the debris will fall and knock her out, but not seriously injure her. She will wake up very disoriented, cold and have a wound for a while, but nothing overly terrible. She might need some help to realize what's going on and snap back to reality. She can help search for anyone trapped, but she will still be disorientated and groggy for a while.

Any takers on the one to help her get back on her feet while groggy?
Hmm I like the idea of Pripyat being stranded away from his family with some others initially maybe with some others if anyone is up for the "OH CRAP WE CAN'T HELP OR LEAVE OR DO ANYTHING" kind of thread... and then him leaving to go help. Which could either end in him actually helping out people or him being the one to need help. If ya want Lin, Prip can be the rest daddy loses an arm? I would love to give him that guilt trip.
I'd be cool with Prip being the one that he has to rescue with the arm thing. Everyone's like, "How do we get him out without getting hurt ourselves?" and then Jefferson just dives in to do it and then he gets hurt himself. >_> Because he's an idiot.

Fy'Ra> It depends where Gael is at the time of the snowstorm. I'm not sure he'd be in PV territory, still?
Kelsey: If Tala needs somewhere to stay after her house goes down she can come hang out with Xeris, who is also going to get knocked on the head and be disoriented, so they can be confused together! XD

Also, Lin should send out a PM about this or something. PV NEEDS MOAR PLOTS >:[
He'll be in the area once he finds out that Heath is gone. He'll probably figure he'll find his sister near Jefferson so I'm sure he'll be near PV in the time of the snowstorm.
Okay Silver Big Grin They can be head wound buddies. Noah's pulling her out, they can end up there. Also, yes, MORE PLOTS are needed haha.
That's fine then, Fy. Big Grin Gael can be part of PV's stuff, I don't mind. ^^ Feel free to get involved with anyone else's plots, in that case. 8D

And yes Silver, I'll be sending out a PM. P:
Are there any specific to Jeffrerson?
If someone wants to play along I honestly wouldn't mind killing off Twila. D:

For some odd reason I can't get into her character at all, and I've been seriously trying. I've been contemplating picking up another character, and I couldn't really forgive myself if I just made her disappear altogether so I think a death would be appropriate.

So if anyone has any ideas of how dramatic they want this death to be I'm all up for it Big Grin I'm up for her being saved, and then being taken away again by the storm. For anyone who wants to put a little bit more guilt onto their character, and make them think that they could have possibly saved her, go for it! Big Grin
I'd wouldn't mind doing something along those lines with you Twila. I'm still pretty fresh to the pack, but I definitely want to get in on some of this winter storm stuff if at all possible :3
Ren can help in rescue efforts with the barn and tower collapsing, like getting to the barn too late but maybe arriving on scene to help dig someone out of the tower collapse when going to check if everyone is ok. But, majorly, of course ^.^ the trading and such for livestock to help her get the ambassador co-rank. I also dont mind if she gets injured somehow, she could use a little ruffing up ^.^ ooo i'm so excited
*Is currently sat at the borders trying to join*

but if im allowed to join then i wanna play too :3
Davyn could be available for rescuing folks, and from what I can tell, the storm would go down in history. His den might be affected by the flooding of Mirror Lakes, so he might need rescuing himself.
Falgar could help by patching up who ever needed it. His skills may still be basic but he knows enough to heal some injuries. He can be up for rescuing whoever needed it and to locate any lost member as the raven that is always with him could find them a bit easier. I also don't mind the injuries, I just hope he doesn't loses something else xD
Jace and Temo will be wandering around with a big bag full of meat that they brought if anyone needs food Big Grin