as we dance on the graves of the misbehaved.
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/rp/rurik/erin_ruriktable2.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Let me know if any of the housing crap is not okay? Big Grin Toliy can of course go where he wants, but I figured for at least the first night they'd hole up in the hotel. xD Backdated to March 15. ((420))

After the meeting with Vigilante, the trio of werewolves had headed almost straight for the hotel. They had a bunch of stuff to drop off, and Rurik was already vaguely aware of the area's existence as well as Strelein's residence there; it was one of the things that Strel had said during the tour. Neither Liliy nor Anatoliy had ever seen the interior of the Miracles pack territory, so as they made their way along the Shattered Coast, they peered around with interest. This area was already one Rurik had browsed through, though he had paused once or twice to take in the lovely views over the cliffs and facing the ocean. Rurik's children certainly weren't exact copies of him, no, but at least they seemed to share a mutual liking for the sea.

They had found the hotel easily enough; it was a rather large building, after all. Getting in had been the real trick—it had taken Rurik several minutes before he found the gate leading to the entrance. The overgrowth surrounding the hotel gave it a rather ominous look, but Rurik wasn't concerned in the least; he knew this would be a great place to settle. They'd picked a trio of rooms on the third floor, similar to the arrangement back at their Halifax home—there was at least one room in between each of them to afford them some amount of privacy, but they'd selected the same general cluster of rooms. Rurik wasn't certain this arrangement would be permanent, but for now, it worked. After settling their things down, the silver-furred werewolf had bid his children good-bye, telling them they were free to explore or do whatever they wanted, really. Rurik wasn't an exceptionally involved parent; he didn't believe in smothering his children, but he was always there if they needed him.

Creeping up the stairs, the silver-furred werewolf admired the condition of the building. Certainly, the wolves of the Miracles pack—his pack now, he reminded himself—had done some work to restore it, but still, it was remarkable. The Russian wolf padded up to the second floor, flicking his ears this way and that to try and detect some sounds. He would have expected more to live in the hotel, but he supposed there was a hell of a lot more territory than he had been given the opportunity to see. There would be time to explore it all later, he was certain. For now, though, he wanted to share the news with Strel.

<style>
.rurik-gifterin002 b {color:#74A5AC;}
.rurik-gifterin002 p {text-indent:25px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
300+
longtimetakingsuuuck

Strelein had not be aware of his friend's arrival in the kingdom, nor had he any idea of who the newcomers were when he saw their belongings suddenly taken up space. A brief glance at one of them, a girl younger than himself, sent his interest below usual levels. If it was a girl old enough to be on her own, chances are the other three taken rooms were of her family or her female friends. While that would only provide work for the Lady in Waiting, it did not mean anything significant above that. Well friendship was nice, but the dreaming male had too much floating in his head to not imagine a life with a delicious relationship to be swept up in. Anyone could tell when his mind ran away with unrealistic thoughts; his eyes got all shiny and his voice took on a noticeably dreamy look.

Strel, working on some miscellaneous project for his own personal use, had returned to his room to gather some more materials. Most of the cloth that he had once stacked in the downstairs dinning room had been moved to his lovely, painted room for storage. The small stacks of the stuff gave the room a significantly more muffled sound, silencing much of the echoing that had been prominent in the room. A bunch of scraps of similar color had been pulled together into curtains, of a blue tone to match the little blue on the walls, and gave more privacy. Leroy's interruption warned him of a chance for people to peer in on him. Privacy was something that the redhead began to lavish in, once not having a drop of it.

Emerging from the room, light shining in bright from the curtain pulled away from the window with a braid of soft, fashion-useless silk, the Marquis had about four yards of cloth. Not focusing on the hallway, the redhead turned to close the door with his free hand, balancing the material on the other stiff arm. Looking half not there, he turned toward the other male, not really noticing his form. Then, focusing on the Russo, Strel's vacant face suddenly took on an actual emotion. It was as though he was half in rapture, though most of it was filled with surprised. "R-Rurik? What are you doing here?" Strel almost dropped his cloth but managed to keep it in his arm by drawing it against his chest.

<style type="text/css">
.rainbowflag b {font-weight:bold; color:#1938a2; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ooc {font-style:italic; padding: 10px 30px 10px 10px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#510f5f;}
.rainbowflag p {text-indent:25px; padding:10px 5px 5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.rainbowflag {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#287dc0; background-image:url(http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii73 ... flag-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0F475F; padding: 250px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#0F475F; line-height:13px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ROAR YOU SUCK AND ETC <333 also omg rainbow flag table is WIN <3 ((344))

Rurik felt like he has when he had first landed on the shores of this continent—completely and utterly lost. This place was huge. It was looking like he'd never find Strel. To be truthful, Rurik was a little worried about adjusting to pack life again; he was something of a free spirit, though he loved company, and he thought the pack would be just such a place to acquire damn good company. It would also be good for Liliya and Anatoliy to be here; they would better learn the ways of pack life. He had no worries about his own ability to fit in, but he couldn't help his nervousness; it occurred to him that he only really knew Strel. What if the rest of the pack consisted of a bunch of jerks?

Rurik had only just met Vigilante, and while the man was courteous and quite pleasant, he was also required to be. Constable indicated some kind of upper rank, at the very least a good scout—Rurik was unfamiliar with the ranking system of this pack thus far; he would have to learn it just as he had learned the ranking system in the old land. The pale-furred werewolf was pretty sure this was a good pack; he didn't think Strel would hang out with the wrong crowd. The russet-headed male didn't seem like it, anyway. Speaking of which, his scent was everywhere on this floor; Rurik just couldn't pin down where exactly that scent came from.

The silver-furred werewolf continued down the hallway until he quite nearly walked into the man he was looking for; the Marquis was carrying a whole bunch of cloth, and at the sight of the new Seigneur, he quite nearly dropped them. The question brought a broad grin to Rurik's face, though it was, of course, a fair bit mischievous. “Well, all-ooo there, packmate!” he said, emphasizing the last word, his smile practically bursting off of his muzzle. “Thought maybe I ought to drop by and pay a visit to the new neighbor, you know?”

<style>
.rurik-giftsam b{color:#227c9b;}
.rurik-giftsam-liliya {color:#38B0D9; font-weight:bold;}
.rurik-giftsam p{margin:0px; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; text-indent:45px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
300+
It was going to say 'Join the Rainbow Nation' but it didn't work too hot xD

Packmates? Strel's eyes widened quite a bit at that little tidbit of news. When had that happened? Strel had been out like a light last night, but he doubted it had happened quite that late. Maybe he had just not heard them at all whenever the hell it had happened, but the look of overwhelming excitement on the new Seigneur's face transfered easily to the redhead's lips. "New neighbor?" he added, the tone oddly vacant compared to the look on his face. It was all only very barely registering in his slightly preoccupied mind, and the information was sinking in drop by drop. Strelein's hands relaxed around the material in his arms, letting it slip neatly into the crook of his arm as his free hand jabbed a finger into Rurik's chest. So, at least it was real and not a strange dream of his.

Narrowing his eyes in scrutiney, the Marquis crossed his arms, cloth getting in the way once more. "What are you doing here? I figured you'd live in one of the old houses further in the kingdom with your kids." Then, jabbing his finger again into the other man's chest, he pulled an angry face. "And why didn't you come see me sooner? Inconsiderate bastard." Strel huffed, turning around and half slamming open his door in his rather passionate performance. He winced visible as the doorknob crashed into the wall, though it thankfully managed to not make a hole in the wonderful mural painted there. "I take the time to show you around and you don't find me," he mumbled, leaving the door ajar. It was honestly an act, though there was some legitimate emotion. But maybe it was going a bit too far.

"Come in, already, Ru-Ru, or am I going to have to get rough?" he called from inside of his room, figuring he would impress Rurik with the paint job Mati did before they moved up to the other man's room to figure out how to fix it up. Strel's mind was already on the job, thinking how to help the man and his kids glorify their rooms now that they were here. And, thankfully, he still had paint cans in his closet in case they wanted something like that. "When did you get here? Yesterday? The day before?" His tone was back to normal, as though he had not just half-yelled at the Russo. Ah well, he will never be a terrific actor.

<style type="text/css">
.rainbowflag b {font-weight:bold; color:#1938a2; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ooc {font-style:italic; padding: 10px 30px 10px 10px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#510f5f;}
.rainbowflag p {text-indent:25px; padding:10px 5px 5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.rainbowflag {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#287dc0; background-image:url(http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii73 ... flag-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0F475F; padding: 250px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#0F475F; line-height:13px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

http://sleepyglow.net/rp/rurik/rurik_bottledrage.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 245px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;">

Yell at me if I've got his room wrong. XD 338.

It seemed to take Strel a moment to absorb what the silver-furred elder had said; while the russet-haired man seemed to be slowly understanding what the hell was going on, the Russian wolf's grin was spreading slowly, amusement blossoming in his brilliant blue eyes. “Yarp!” he responded, though he didn't offer anything else—he was rather enjoying Strel figuring it out. A bony finger prodded outward and jabbed the silver-furred man in the chest; he let out a short "oof," though the grin across his pepper-dusted muzzle did not fade even a little bit. Strel seemed annoyed, but Rurik's good mood would not be deterred so easily; as the other man continued speaking the silver-furred man continued to grin, glee sparkling in his sky-colored eyes.

“Well, I only jes moved in earlier today, goluboy,” he said, the grin widening to almost impossible lengths across his muzzle. As the other canine whirled around and put on a show of storming into his room, the werewolf laughed, for the russet-haired man had left the door ajar. Now, if that wasn't a clear invitation, he wasn't quite sure what was. Creeping forward, he poked his head inside, peering around with inquisitive aqua-colored eyes. The room was as he'd expected it—orderly, neat, and brimming with various fabrics and other sewing implements. Rurik expected no less; Strelein was a master of the trade. Rurik's already-broken-in, extra-comfortable pants were evidence of that, to say the least. “Sorry I did not come running right upstairs to findya. Zhis place is goddamn huge anyway,” he said, creeping a little more into the other man's room. He was hesitant to make himself right at home; however close he perceived their relationship to me, it might be entirely different in Strel's head. “I am only stayin' here temporary-like, though,” he warned. The plan was only to stay here until he'd secured better residence; not that he wanted to be away from anyone in particular, it was just that the little seaside town was perfect for his purposes.

<style type="text/css">
.rurik-bottledrage b{font-weight:bold; color:#BC2B26; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:trebuchet ms, sans-serif; font-size:13px;}
.ruri-br-liliya {color:#770501;font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:trebuchet ms, sans-serif; font-size:13px;}
.rurik-bottledrage p{text-indent:35px; padding:0px 15px 15px 15px; margin:0px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
300+
it's just got a bed, a large dresser, a stack/pile of cloth, a closet, and then the mural all around. Not really all too much.

Strelein snorted at the Russian, wondering what kind of places he thought were small. The hotel was not that big! It was just a few floors of rooms in two different directions, but it was still not large. Alright, well, maybe it was a little bit big, but it was so very much no huge, not compared to the things that soared high in the city. Had not the Russian stayed in the city? So why on earth would he consider this place huge after staying there? What a silly man, seriously. "Alright, alright. I get it, you were lazy. No need to make up such wild lies there, Ruru," he said, tone as playful as ever. Strel stood leaning against the wall near his window, fingers playing with the curtain's lower hemline. A thread had been pulled loose somehow and now he could only fidget with it. He probably made it worse.

"Three people moved in, I heard, so I know one of them is you. Is your...family here too? Did they come to this place with you way back when?" Strel did wonder what the Russian man's family was like, but he was not too hard pressed on meeting those kids. It was not like he knew much about them other than their gender and the fact that they actually did exist. He wondered what kind of woman had given him those kids and all manner of things about how they and their father got along. Those questions were solely because of the way that the Marquis was; curious. "Where do you plan to go after this? To a house inside the Kingdom?" he asked, changing the topic slightly. He did not know how the man felt about his family, after all. Then, realizing his rudeness, he gestured to the made bed with his hand. "Oh, please, sit." He gave himself a mental note to find some chairs or small couches or futons to place in this room, since it would be more private than lounging in the living room or his studio.

<style type="text/css">
.sanctuary b {font-weight:bold; color:#b1f4ff; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.sanctuaryooc {font-style:italic; padding: 10px 31px 5px 31px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#4f7eba;}
.sanctuary p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 31px 5px 31px; margin:0px;}
.sanctuary {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-color:#001650; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... uary-2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #052d61; padding: 0px 0px 68px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#a1c5f1; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

The Russian werewolf grinned and rolled his eyes, stepping fully into the room at last. He eyed the large pile of fabrics approvingly, wondering which of them had gone into the making of his new pair of pants. Rurik was very manly in the keeping of his pants; he rarely retired them, and it was hard to find a pair that was jus tperfect for his purposes. Strel had gotten the size just right, though, and since they were custom made they fit even better than Rurik could have imagined. “Oy, oy. I got a lot of my shit to carry, too, you know? A housewarming geeft would be very very nice, though,” the male hinted, crossing his arms and turning up his nose. It was customary in many parts to give things to people who were freshly moved in—naturally he did not expect this to be the same here and he knew these customs probably weren't the same here, but he could still tease Strel about it, of course.

“Aye. Mine daughter Liliya and mine son Anatoliy. They are downstairs for now, in their own rooms. They are so beeg now, I would think maybe they move out!” he declared. He was happy to still be close with his children, and he missed Silas terribly, but the silver-furred werewolf was not one to whine or complain; he was glad that his children were growing up. They seemed to be developing into fine individuals, too—the silvery Russian loved all of his children deeply, and he was glad to have them along. “I vill probably live by the sea,” he confessed, not knowing much more than that. There was nothing he wanted more than to be near the ocean at all times, able to lean out of his window and smell the salty air. ”Spasiba,” he said, tilting his head. Absently, he closed the door behind him and wandered toward the bed, settling down and then splaying himself across it, crossing his arms behind his head. “Very comfortable,” he remarked. He imagined Strel had done something about the covers. He was quite skilled in the area of fabrics, it would seem.

<style type="text/css">
.rurik-hell b{font-weight:bold; color:#E4DED8; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ruri-hell-liliya {color:#CEC4BB;font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.rurik-hell p{text-indent:35px; padding:0px 15px 15px 15px; margin:0px;}
.rurik-hell {width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/rp/rurik/ruri_hell.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 278px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#B6B1AD; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
300+
rah rah omg, so so very late.

Strel rolled his eyes very visibly, wondering how subtle Rurik was trying to be. Because he failed, quite hard at it. And if it were on purpose, well than the cocky little bastard. Just because he moved in did not mean the redhead owed him a gift. In fact, Rurik should be grateful that he was not kicked out by the Lord for his impudence. "Well, you're lucky exceptionally lucky I don't toss you out the window for sauce," he retorted, wondering why on earth the Russo thought he would have a gift to give. "You got yourself a gift already, so you get to be happy with it for the year." There was an allotment of one wonderful piece a year free of charge. The rest would have to be bought and paid for. Absentminded, the redhead fidgeted with the curtains, readjusting them as he talked back to the older male.

"Daughter and son? Is the son free?" There was a roguish twinkle in his eye as Strelein turned to eye Rurik, lips twisted into a matching grin. If the son was anything like the older Russian, then maybe they could be, ah, changed. "And he can always move out if he wants, closer to my rooms of course," he added coyly, as though it would have never occurred to the new Miracles man. But it seemed as though the man was going to take his kids away from the Hotel, to the sea. It made sense. Rurik was seriously some kind of closet pirate. The redhead was kind of surprised the man actually stayed on land at all. One would think he would hiss at the ground the way he lovingly saw the sea. "You should live out in a hut on a wherry or something and float along a peninsula."

Rurik was correct. Strel had done something to the covers; he had restuffed a few and sewn up holes. Over all, he managed to create a patchy coverlet and funky bedding. Strelein pulled a face at Rurik laying himself down all over it. Grumbling, the redhead promptly went and fell, controlled mind you, across the Russo, linking his hands on his chest even as he could feel the other male's body under his spine, curving it. "Yep, and you took all of the space. Get your own mattress, dear."

OOC ending: Eventually, these two boyos end up somewhere and DO IT. Then they get all awkward and eventually just disperse from each other because they're all "D: omfg what did i do". Yay!
<style type="text/css">
.sanctuary b {font-weight:bold; color:#b1f4ff; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.sanctuaryooc {font-style:italic; padding: 10px 31px 5px 31px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#4f7eba;}
.sanctuary p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 31px 5px 31px; margin:0px;}
.sanctuary {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-color:#001650; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... uary-2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #052d61; padding: 0px 0px 68px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#a1c5f1; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]