The Silence
[html]

OOC: Mommy plz kthnx --Also, I didn't really know how to start this so i did my best?

The young woman had been adventuring with her mother, Ghita taking her to Halifax for the first time! Sophia was extremely excited to go out of the borders of CD and to go to the human city. " Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy!" the thoughts ran in her head a million miles a minute, as did her legs dancing around her mother, for four months, she sure was getting big, as well as the fact that she was already used to her lanky legs that were starting to shoot from under her. She danced backwards in front of her mother as Ghita walked along. Sophia was rushing, getting out pent of puppy energy that she had in the morning all the time. Eventually she'd wear herself out and have to nap, but she wasn't all too worried about nap time yet. Mom could still carry her, she was still small enough for it. She'd probably always be smaller than her mother, even though she wished to be as big as her big burly brother, Aro. Sophia often would tease him about being fat just because he was as big as a bear compared to her. He was a boy though, and that was the reason she was not as big as him. Because she wasn't supposed to be as big as he.

Sophia had calmed way down by the end of the trip from Crimson Dreams Territory though, for it was a very, very long adventure, and they would still be walking for more of the day before they got there. Momma, I want you to teach me that other language you know. the girl had caught her mother talking it at one point, and wondered how she knew how to speak it, when Sophia herself only knew how to speak English. Ghita also had a sweet accent that Sophia wanted. Does Aunt Savina, and Uncle Ehno speak it too? What about Uncle Anselm? she always addressed Anselm as her uncle, for reasons unknown, probably just because she wanted to. Make small talk for the adventure ahead.

<style type="text/css">
.sophia001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#7aff00; letter-spacing:1px; }
.sophia001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:veranda, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#d2eabc; text-align:right;}
.sophia001 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.sophia001 {margin:0 auto; width:373px; background-color:#4a0300; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... hia001.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #d2eabc; padding: 200px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: veranda, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#d2eabc; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... itaban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

TT-TT I had a good, long post, but then I lost it. So this will be crap. XD But I loved the start! <3
Wc: 800~

She'd be lying to say that she hadn't been waiting for this day for months.

Ghita had never been that much of a girly-girl, to say the least. Her four-legged form had been in the forefront for three years, never requiring any attention to make something more of what she had, in stark contrast to her bipedal form. Five piercings were all that adorned her body, three in the ear and two in the lip, but that was barely worth noting - her prides and joy, what set her body apart from the rest. Her pelt was a dull dusty colour, accented with silver at the tips and an ivory underbelly, all hues decidedly average and nothing to look at twice.

Now, everything was different. She was a mother, the pillar and rock to two of Crimson Dreams' youngest pack members, the one that she hoped they'd go to at their first heartbreak, their first joys... even seeing Sophia bounce along the path as she did now was uplifting to her heart. She couldn't help but let her ebony lips peel back to reveal pearly teeth in a wide smile, holding a bell-like laugh from disturbing the air around them. Keeping one eye trained at Sophia at all times, her mind was left to wander as she walked towards the city, a faint smile always present.

Had this been what she'd been grieving all this time without knowing it? The loss of her other litter, back in Italy with Carlo, at first the grief had been simply for the lives that had died inside of her. But she had missed so much more without knowing it, every small moment that Aro and Sophia gave her was a gift that she hoped they'd one day understand. Every day with Jazper, Aro and Sophia had become so much more, the parents becoming an efficient parenting machine, keeping both youngsters out of trouble when the other required some alone time, or some distance. There was no room left in her heart for grief, the sheer size of Jazper and Aro explaining enough.

But how much one-on-one time did the parents really get with the kids? Ghita knew that Jazper took Aro out for a day, a special Knight ritual that the mother didn't know much about, but Ghita hadn't been holding up her end of the bargain. It was true, giving birth to Sophia and Aro had taken a lot out of the young fae, but she had been sitting around for too long now, stagnant in the attention her children so well deserved.

Shaken out of her thoughts by the light tone that Sophia voiced, Ghita's whole body turned back towards her auburn daughter. It was if her very hormones, her very instincts had changed once she became a mother; her senses were always tuned to the well-being of her offspring. They could be a handful at times, it was true (and how Savina managed to do it with three puppies was beyond her - even with more on the way!), but every handful she scooped up with earnest, overjoyed to be a part of their lives.

"You want to learn Italian, caro?" Looking down to her daughter, Ghita barely fought off the need to scoop her into her arms, breathe in the scent of puppyhood and bury her muzzle in the downy pelt that belonged to her offspring. The need to be with them was constant, to hold them everlasting, causing a mixture of joy and agony to settle around the mother. Chuckling now at Sophia's request, she nodded, re-tying her light-hued sari around her hips. "Yes, your Aunt and Uncle speak it to - we all lived in Italy at one point."

Barely able to stifle a giggle at the mention of 'Uncle' Anslem, she couldn't imagine the Inferni male knowing any language other than English. Apparently the bond that the Marino sisters had with him was apparent to the youngsters, and Ghita had to smile at that. Anslem was a friend of the family, but his current warring situation caused her to worry, desperate for news of his well-being. "Nono, Anslem doesn't speak Italian. Cousin Cambria knows a little as well, though."

The topic effectively extinguished, Ghita's mind turned towards what they could find at the stores in Halifax. Marveling at the fact that Sophia and Aro were nearly at the time when Crimson Dreamers learned how to shift, she couldn't help but remember how she had only learned last year, from Jazper himself. In fact, clothing for the youngsters hadn't been Ghita's idea; She'd been too perplexed at the sudden age of her children. It was Jazper that brought up the need for clothing. "Do you have anything in mind as to what you want to get here?"
[/html]
[html]

OOC: <3 that post itself is pretty long. I'm afraid of what the other one looked like.

You could say that ever since Sophia was able to open her eyes, to see her mother, she was always adoring the beautiful features of her. Sophia was jealous of the piercings of her lips and ears, always wondering in the back of her mind when it would be her turn to do the same, and she also admired her father's sun around his eye. She also couldn't wait until she was able to shift into those big other forms too. Op-ti-me is what the adults called it and Secui; she wasn't as excited about Secui as she was Optime though. She also wondered what she'd look like when she shifted. She was sooo excited for it! Her momma had explained that it would be soon that she would be able to learn and that they were going to go shopping of sorts for some nice clothes that she can wear when that happens! "You want to learn Italian, caro?" her mother responded, and Sophie nodded her had furiously. "Yes, your Aunt and Uncle speak it to - we all lived in Italy at one point. Nono, Anslem doesn't speak Italian. Cousin Cambria knows a little as well, though." her mother went on to speak to her.

Ooooo, reallyness? It didn't seem Anselm could speak another language anyways. the young girl asked her mother, golden eyes gleaming with curiosity and a crooked smile on her girly little face. What was it like there?! the curious pup asked about her mother's homeland. She wanted to know everything about the place called Italy. Where is Italy, momma? she asked, cocking her head up at her mother as she walked along side the woman.

"Do you have anything in mind as to what you want to get here?" the woman asked the girl. Sophia gave a little hum, meaning that she was thinking hard about what she would want to get from here. I want a pretty dress, like you have. And...Maybe some pants like daddy has! she spoke, wagging her tail as she let her golden eyes look back up at her mother. I also want something to match my tie that daddy got for me. she spoke, gesturing down at the black and white striped tie that she wore at all times around her neck, ever since he father had traveled home with it when he was at his music store in Halifax. OH! Momma! Can we also stop by daddy's music store place?! He said I could pick out a violin for when I can play one! the excited woman spoke. You would think that the woman would follow after her father and learn how to play the guitar first, but Sophia was always mesmerized when it came to the beautiful hums of a violin being played in a beautiful pattern of notes.

<style type="text/css">
.sophia001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#7aff00; letter-spacing:1px; }
.sophia001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:veranda, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#d2eabc; text-align:right;}
.sophia001 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.sophia001 {margin:0 auto; width:373px; background-color:#4a0300; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... hia001.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #d2eabc; padding: 200px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: veranda, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#d2eabc; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... itaban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

I've learned to fear an active muse. XD Next post has them arriving, you think?
Wc: 814~

Staring down into the beautiful golden pools that were her daughter's eyes, Ghita was largely unaware that her piercings were envied that much by her daughter. To the wearer herself, they were precious enough, leftover mementos of a time best left alone, but happily remembered. The silver glinted in the sunlight as the pair walked, casually throwing rays of light around wherever she walked.

Honestly surprised at Sophia's request, the last thing that she expected Sophia to want was to learn the language that had isolated her mother for months and months at a time, before English had finally taken root. Turquoise optics spoke of her puzzlement as clear as day, her left ear flopping as she tilted her head to the side. "I suppose Uncle Ehno, Aunt Savina and I could teach you if you really wanted - a mixed perspective is always the best way to learn." She herself had put this practice to use, speaking with as many wolves who spoke English as she could before she finally learned.

Letting out a laugh at her daughter's insight, Ghita nodded, letting the gurgling brook of emotion die out before gracing her daughter with a response. "It does feel weird to try and imagine, doesn't it?" As far as Ghita's (limited) knowledge of Anslem went, it certainly did not include any other languages he spoke, so, naturally, it was hard for Ghita to imagine which one he could speak other than English. In this light-hearted moment, mother and daughter were so alike, forgetting their past and looking to the future, laughter wrapping around the two faes in a warm embrace.

What it was like in Italy was a whole other story, however. As many wolves knew now, Ghita's time in Italy had been less than pleasant, the background coloured with betrayal and loss. Even amidst the grief however, she had managed to find some joy. The countryside around where her family lived for a while had been beautiful, the land the nomads travelled paved with wonders along the way. But she'd be lying to say she missed Italy with all of her heart. "Italia..." Even as her lips formed around the word, the accent Ghita still carried with her was more pronounced, the emotions that came from the country evident in her tone of voice.

"It was very beautiful. Savina, Ehno, and I had some good times there..." Some, of course; but not all of the time was as happy as Ghita had wished. "Hm? Oh... Italy is very far away, Caro. Too far away to reach now..." Not only was the water impossible to cross at Sophia's young age, but the metaphorical waters of hurt and sorrow were tempests that Ghita had no desire to weather anytime soon.

Sophia's eyes might belong to her mother's mate, but the crooked smile was all her own, a myriad of what Ghita once wore as a carefree pup and her own spunk added to the end. Lost in the wonder of her daughter's features, the young life that she had Jazper had created that night now bounding beside her, every moment that she could spend with Sophia and Aro was a moment never wasted, moments that always inspired awe in the mother's heart. Ghita was so absorbed in her own musings that Sophia's voice floated around her, trailing off into "like you have." Blinking in surprise, her mind raced a mile a minute to reach the point that her daughter was at, assuming that the conversation had turned to the clothes she desired.

"I haven't tried some of Daddy's pants before - do you think they'd be comfortable?" It was innocent conversation enough, one that would make the distance to Halifax melt away as the words carried them along. Nodding, Ghita remember the infamous tie that Jazper had brought back, much to her daughter's delight. Although the auburn-hued fae's style was different than Ghita's, that didn't mean that the mother couldn't appreciate the taste; it simply wasn't what she would wear. Ghita preferred clothing that wasn't restricting, that let the wind still race across your skin as you ran while remaining decent. The sarong Ghita had taken to wearing (formerly called a sari by a muddled-rper) was as versatile as the huntress, becoming a skirt and a full body wrap depending on the mood of the day.

Music was one of those things to Ghita, the magical mystery behind the pane of glass. How it was made was transparent, the effect on her greater still, but how the notes that spun out of the instruments had such an affect on her was beyond Ghita entirely. Seeing herself as a dog too old to learn new tricks, she'd never expressed any desire to learn music, but was overjoyed that her daughter did. "Si, of course! We have all the time we need. But why a violin?"

[/html]