At Least the Weather's Nice
[html]

Hello 'Soulers Smile Time for my second character to find herself a home.

Word Count: 353

1. Character Name: Tangi Maslin

2. Character Birthdate (including year): July 27th, 2009

3. Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci

4. Gender: Female

5. Your e-mail: I'd rather not, PM me if required :]

6. A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M): Same here :]

7. How did you learn/hear about 'Souls?: I already play Yumiko Tsume from AnyWaya, but before that I Googled 'Wolf RPGs'

It had certainly gotten warmer, compared to the time the red wolf had spent travelling to reach her destination. It was a nice day, the birds were out, sun was heating the air to the perfect temperature, and the ground was only slightly spongy underfoot from melted snow. Tangi strode with her head held high, ears perked for the approach of another wolf, her hands swinging to and fro at her sides. If wolves could whistle she would have been. It was one of those days, for her.

As the scents of a dominant, protective wolf crossed her nostils, she stiffened and stopped midstride. She spun around, paranoid, only satisfied that she was alone when she spotted no other. Knowing she was near the border of packlands, Tangi pulled her feet together, tucked her tail safely between her legs, and flopped into the sunshine near a marked tree. She spread her arms out wide to soak up the generous rays, her nose flaring constantly in its search for another.

She could feel her happiness threatening to slip away, pulling at the frayed edges of her consciousness. With all the willpower the female could muster she held it in in place for just a little while longer; it was the one mood of hers she truely enjoyed. Despite her efforts it slipped through her grasp and left her with just her usual, 'normal' calm intensity. With a sigh, she sat up and put her hands on her knees. She supposed, sitting so close to the border of some pack, she should alert someone to her presense. With that Tangi howled, long and rough, mournful yet hopeful. Why it had those tones even she didn't know, but she did know the unknown call would attract someone's attention to her presense.

Ready for a longish wait, she shifted her hands to lean on them behind her back, her legs stretched out in the midday sun and the back of her arms in the shade of the marked tree. Soon, or so she figured, they would greet her. If only she could not lose herself before then.

She's some messed up form of bi-polar (it's more of an insanity that sometimes erases her short-term memory, so I realise it's a pretty extreme bi-polar; I just couldn't think of another term that EXISTS for it Tongue), in case you're confused <3

<style type="text/css">
.Tangi01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#565659; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Tangi01ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#838383; text-align:right;}
.Tangi01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Tangi01 {margin:0 auto; width:361px; background-color:#191b16; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... 462177.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #838383; padding: 150px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#838383; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Bless you a million times over for providing me with something to distract me from physics! But because of aforementioned physics, this may suck just a tad. <3

It was strange to feel the warmth of the sun on her shoulders, but the light gray shewolf accepted this blessing gratefully. Truly, it had been too long since she had been able to dwell outdoors with warmth radiating enough to envelop her. It created a feeling of comfort and familiarity. It had been almost a year to the day that the Savant had found solace in the Valley pack. And that year had changed nearly virtually everything for her.

Geneva lingered in the long unruly grass which had grown quite quickly and unexpectedly with the coming of spring. The wind blew it slightly and her ears perked when she heard the wind rustling the uneven stalks. It was a moment of peace that she stole, taking a moment of pleasant solitude out of her duties. She found peace in performing each task of the day as well, knowing that her pack, family and friends, were secure as she did so, but she also enjoyed her chances to relax as well.

A howl, melancholy and hopeful, rang through the atmosphere. Geneva sat up, propping herself up on her elbows as she considered the call. It was a strange sound, a blending of different notes, of different wants, it seemed. Curious, she rose soon after and chose a quick pace. She was directed toward the borders, her ears erect atop her head should the call ring out again.

The Savant was without a working sense of smell, and so she had to rely on other means in order to locate the source of the call. Luckily, she knew her pack land well enough to surmise the probable location of the call, and she was moving quickly enough that if the creature who called out waited, she would reach them soon enough. The lime-eyed woman was not disappointed. She saw a red colored femme lounging against a tree at the borders. Almost certain that it was she who had let loose that mournful call, Geneva approached with ease and curiosity. "You called?" she asked mildly.

[/html]
[html]

I'm always happy to be a distraction XD Also I GOT THE 'NICE ONE'! >w<

Word Count: 331

A scent twirled on the wind to reach Tangi's nose, one that was most certainly female and authoritative. She could tell they weren't the one who scented the tree she sat near, but that merely told her that another ruled with the female; a male, most likely. Just as the red wolf was pondering getting to her feet, a grey female with striking green eyes approached. To Tangi's surprise, despite the aura of authority surrounding her, she was as calm and relaxed as one having lunch with a close friend. It was rather odd for the girl to consider.

She heaved herself to her feet, using her own knees as support, and gave a polite nod to the stranger in response. Not feeling up to wasting her words now that her joyful mood had left her, Tangi got straight to the point. "My name is Tangi Maslin, and I hoped to join your pack." She kept her ears low and tail respectful, and made sure not to show her teeth too much. She gazed up from beneath her furry brow at the monochrome wolf with respect clear in her eyes. Despite everything she knew about herself, she was determined to join this pack.

Nearby a bird sang his melody to the world, sweetening the air between the strangers. The grey woman looked kind enough, although undoubtedly she could be agressive; how else would she have gotten to her lofty position? Certainly not entirely through her looks (although she was beautiful). Tangi's own fur was thick and coarse, not at all silky like the other's. She had bathed only a week or so ago (recent for her) and she licked any blood out of her fur just the other day. Despite herself, she wondered what this woman saw as she gazed with lime eyes at the younger girl. As she waited for some form of acknowledgment or response, the red wolf sniffed and kicked at a chunk of grass at her paws.

<style type="text/css">
.Tangi01ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#838383; text-align:right;}
.Tangi01 {margin:0 auto; width:361px; background-color:#191b16; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... 462177.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #838383; padding: 150px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#838383; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Happy Easter, if you celebrate it!

There was no questioning the red femme's motives here, if her tone of voice and her body language were any indication. Geneva was glad to see this younger wolfess, Tangi, was putting border etiquette to use. Geneva was not usually one to stand on ceremony, but since her time as a sub-leader had stretched on, she had come to appreciate the necessity for some formalities. Observing border etiquette was sometimes very necessary, and it helped the gray female gauge the character and attitudes of outsiders who wanted something involving the pack.

Tangi spoke plainly, something that Geneva also appreciated. Although Geneva was even-tempered and could endure small talk, she found plain discourse much more suited to her purposes, especially regarding those she did not know especially well. The Savant nodded in acknowledgement of Tangi's words before she spoke. Although Tangi's countenance belied patience, some of her youthful impatience was evident in the way she kicked a clump of grass. Geneva saw this, but did not comment on it or think too much about it.

"I thank you for your candor, and your honesty, Tangi Maslin," Geneva said, using the girl's full name. Although she was in a position of authority here, she could also observe some courtesies, and she would address the girl with the name she had provided, unless she indicated that she preferred to be addressed differently. "My name is Geneva Stockholm, and I am the Savant, the second in command, here. This pack is Phoenix Valley," Geneva said, providing information as succinctly as possible. "Could you tell me a bit about yourself - like where you came from, why you wish to join here, some of what you can offer...and, something you wish to learn or gain?"

[/html]
[html]

I'm not religious, but I enjoy a good ham Tongue Happy Easter to you too!

Word Count: 331

The kind stranger called her by her full name, exactly has Tangi had provided it, and she respected that. She began to respect the grey female for in turn she was equally respectful of some young child wandering nearby her packlands. It was a rare thing. "Please, call me Tangi." She said with a subtle smile, speaking quickly when the woman paused for breath. Then she finally learned of her own name, Geneva Stockholm. It had a very simple sound to it that Tangi couldn't help but appreciate; it was harsh yet soothing all at once on the tongue.

Geneva seemed very paitent and not like one to abuse her power. After all, she had said she was the second in command here (Savant, was it?) and yet she was out and about, greeting homeless wolves at the borders. It didn't appear to be out of charity or pity but actual desire to greet these newcomers and make them feel at home. "It is an honour to meet you, Geneva Stockholm." Again Tangi's smile showed ever so subtly as she greeted the Savant with the same courtesy she had shown Tangi herself. The red femme had always been polite as long as she had yet to get to know a fellow wolf. Those who just barged in and took over the place were disgusting in her eyes.

Then came the questions. She had known they would come, but she was still somehow unprepared. Her eyes fell to the grass she had so impaitently toed, an her ears seemed to flatten a little lower against her skull. She was nervous, so nervous, that she was practically another person. Yet her voice was still clear, if a little quiet and shaky, and she told Geneva what she could. "I come from West of here, a small pack called Fiume that was just my family and another. Why'd I leave?" She paused, eyes welling up with spontaneous tears that she wished she didn't feel. "I left because my twin sister Kakahu died. I... wasn't the same anymore. I couldn't stay there, and I wandered. After a month or so I wound up here. Why I want to join... Phoenix Valley wassit? Because it's nice here, I've seen plenty of prey, and while I haven't met anyone 'sides you you seem really nice." As soon as Tangi had finished talking about her past her mood switched and her tears evaporated leaving behind her usual, quieter, calmer self. While she hated talking this much especially about herself, she knew that this impression mattered.

A bird flew out of the tree she had lounged against, and twirled around the pair before heading on its little birdy way. Tangi tracked it with her eyes until it left her sight a moment or two later; she was thinking and needed something to pay attention to. Biting her lip, she thought of her skills. Without even bothering to second-guess herself she told Geneva what she could do. "I'm real good at fighting. I would always beat my siblings when we were kids, and I won against the other family in my old pack in competitions. Other than that, I'm good with horses. They warm up to me quickly, and I can ride them well too." In all honesty she'd only ever seen one horse, but it had been wild and one hell of a fight to tame and she'd done it while her sister watched slack-jawed.

Something to learn. That was tricky, yet Tangi knew the only answer she believed in. "I want a horse of my own. That way I could be a horse-back warrior, or somethin'." Out of nowhere red flashed before her eyes and she snapped without thinking, "Well, am I good enough for your high-and-mighty little pack, huh?"

Tangi came to her sense with barely a heartbeat and clamped a hand over her mouth, horrified. She'd thought she had been under control. She looked at the ground, defeated, mumbling, "Sorry... I didn't mean it..." What had she done now?

She's starting to sound Southern in my head... hm... also I had to make her be a little more crazy; she was starting to sound too tame Tongue

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
This is taking too long and I can't join in ICly. Sent you a PM. Smile

[html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your
profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up . Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.

[/html]