A Paradox with Flies
[html]

1. Name: Marika Violet Russo

2. Birthdate: January 1, 2008

3. Luperci

4. Species: 95 % Wolf, 5 % Dog

5. Gender: Female

6. AIM: beauty risk

7. How you found 'Souls: I nam the Kansas.
wc 367

The rain gave the air a fresh scent, one of renewal and growth. It was accordingly a good time to begin something new and thrilling, which Marika had planned since the middle of winter while she was visiting Sobirat'sya. The ship had landed in Nova Scotia about a week ago; afterward, she had spent a few days making sense of the area and its land, figuring out where it was that she needed to go. She carried nothing with her. She did not like attachments, and had never found anything that she deemed worth keeping other than the jewelry she wore. Without burden, she could travel freely in her lupus form, which gave her the most comfort, especially when her feet had a long way to carry her.

Marika knew that Rurik was in Sobirat'sya just before her; it was there that she'd learned of his existence. She had been unable to find a ship that would sail her close to where she thought her grandfather must be. Instead, she'd arrived farther South. The rain made traveling by scent difficult, cloudy skies blocking her view of the stars. But at last she had arrived. She smelled of the sea, having remained along the coastline for days since her arrival, and her earth-toned fur was rain-soaked, curling at her elbows and ribcage. Otherwise, the young girl was healthful and bright in every aspect, and she aimed to take advantage of this as she sought sanctuary in this strange place.

The scattered trees thickened around her, and the air was sweet with their damp scent. At last she was able to stop, sensing the borders of the pack she wished to become a part of. The scent of shared blood was potent enough for her to realize she had been successful in her search. A satisfied smile appeared on the Russian woman's dark, moist lips. Confident, she turned her pale muzzle skyward and emitted a song to the sky, to inform the wolves that there was a trespasser at their borders. Her hindquarters brought her to sit in the damp grass, where she would wait for as long as it took. She had all the time in the world.

<style type="text/css">
.donotforget b {font-weight:bold; color:#e2c5d3; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.donotforgetooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#d69060; text-align:right;}
.donotforget p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.donotforget {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#875d4e; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... forget.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #3f2b24; padding: 0px 0px 225px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#c6bb6e; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
table by gen

[/html]
[html]

-has zero concept of posting order- xD 300+ words.

For the first time in what felt like forever, Vigilante was taking a lazy day for himself. He wanted to spend it with Ayita, but he hadn't the faintest idea of where she had gone off to. It disappointed him to know that, since her brother's arrival in the pack, she had bee seemingly more scarce around their house. The Constable was glad that they had been reunited - could he really begrudge them that, when he so badly wished he could have that with his own sister? - but he was saddened by her lessened presence in the house and with him. They were still happy together, of course, but often times he found himself alone with nothing but his work to do. It seemed that he was constantly keeping himself busy with his duties to the pack, and it was nice to have a day to relax.

Of course, it did not last long and he had not completely expected it to. Since his promotion to his rank in November, the dog mutt had been keeping himself busy in hopes of doing everything that he could for the pack and the life he had made for himself here. As the howl sounded, the Constable rose from his perch on the front porch, shaking out the thickened fur of his secui form. He was not bothered by the call in the least, and he trotted in the direction of the border the call had come from. It seemed that they were growing as a pack continuously, and he rather liked that. As he approached, he quickly appraised her. The scent was faintly familiar, but he was certain they had never met. "I am Vigilante Haskel, the Constable of Cour des Miracles. Is there something that I can help you with?"

<style>
.vigi-foryou b {color:#4E5E86; font-weight:bold; }
.vigi-foryou p {padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; text-indent:25px;}
.vigi-foryou {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#293041; letter-spacing:.1px; line-height:13px; width:375px; background-color:#FFFFFF; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/vigi2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

-does not have this either-
wc 329

She was not surprised that her call was answered punctually. Marika sensed that the area was dense with canines, and this pack was no exception — it seemed most likely that someone should hear her sooner than later. Yes, she had the patience to wait, but she was ever so anxious to get settled in. Her unfailingly self-assured nature left her feeling certain that she would be accepted into this pack, that she would find her place easily. Throughout her life, Marika had been searching for somewhere to belong. She wished for this to be that place, among these wolves. She felt fortunate that there were others of her bloodline here to make things seem all the more befitting.

The large, tawny figure appeared in the distance less than a half hour after her call had sounded. Marika shook out her face and upper half, creating a small (perhaps even dainty) shower of water that sprayed from her moisture darkened fur. Before he had paused before her, she took a moment to study him, taking note of his dominant stance appropriate for his large frame. She could see that he was not entirely wolf, but he was a handsome creature all the same. Practising etiquette, the small triangles of her ears folded back, her raven feather piercing falling against her cheek as she did so. She relaxed her shoulders to make her body appear smaller, much as she hated these niceties. Too bad they were necessary. "Allo," she greeted in return. At last, she knew this pack by name: "Cour des Miracles." She loved its sound. "My name ees Marika Violet Russo, and I am from Russia. I've come here seeking 'arbor, and I would like to join your Cour des Miracles," she spoke in a rolling accented tone. There was no smile on her face, but she watched him with expectant bi-color eyes, full of anticipation and perhaps a bit of excitement as well. "If you will have me."

<style>
.marika-a01 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.marika-a01 b {color:#635E25;}
.marika-a01-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.marika-a01 {background-color:#C6B76F; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/feb20 ... _table.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:390px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#746A34; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; margin:0 auto; text-align:justify; }
</style>
table by sie
[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait. x.x; I apologize if my post is missing any "e"s, I sorta-kinda-maybe-really broke my "e" key and it reuires a lot of force. >_> 300+ words.

The steady expansion of the pack was pleasing to the Constable, and it occurred to him that it might be worth something to discuss a possible territory expansion with Jacquez and Ruri at some point. They had a large number of members and the pack's territory had stayed the same size since the pack's formation. Thruthfully, Vigilante thought that it would be best for the pack. Not only were they getting a large number of new members of late, but he assumed that, since the pack was well-established and flourishing, families would soon begin to crop up all over the place. That was already meant to happen with Jacquez and Firefly, but a woman loyal to Haku Soul had taken away that joy. An expansion was something to think about, anyway, and something that he was planning on discussing with the other leaders of their fair little kingdom eventually.

Vigilante listened in silence as she explained her presence on the borders of the pack. Her reason was the same as most wolves', but that was not the part that intrigued him out of her short speech. "Are you a relative of Rurik, Anatoliy, and Liliya Russo?" he inquired, curious to know if it was another member of the silver Russian's family. It would be ironic if she were not, as she had a similar accent to the one they posessed, as well as the other Russian female, Zasha. He did not know where Russia was, but it could not be terribly far if they had easy access to Nova Scotia. "Our pack is always welcoming of new members, but first I must ask what it is that you can provide for the pack." The Constable was not the type to turn anyone away unless her saw a very good reason to, though he had come close with Gunner. The secui man did not make his judgements based on what they could do for the pack but for the way they conducted themself during this initial meeting.

<style>
.vigi-foryou p {padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; text-indent:25px;}
.vigi-foryou {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#293041; letter-spacing:.1px; line-height:13px; width:375px; background-color:#FFFFFF; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/vigi2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Oooh, I broke the "i" once on an old laptop. Pain in the ass, I know. Smile
wc 260

The young girl's speech was practised, rehearsed on that long boat ride across the beautiful Atlantic. Really, what else was there for one to do? She wondered if it sounded mechanical to the man, and hoped not; she strove for creativity in what she did. But she was young, and still learning. Often the girl was impatient.

At his question, a knowing and perhaps even satisfied smile spread across her gaunt face. Her family was here. It was the last confirmation she needed, and the success of it left her very pleased. She nodded smoothly, her tail giving a single, brisk wag above her curvaceous form. "Yes, I seek them, also. Rurik is my grandfather; the other two aunts and uncles, I think." This time her grin was directed right to the tawny-furred male. She was flattered that he had asked her such a question, rather than keeping everything clean-cut and businesslike. But she understood that the latter were needed qualities of conversations such as these, and next he asked of her something that was, she presumed, standard, and she answered the best she could.

"I am an healer, an apothecary," she spoke, stumbling slightly over the difficult English word. Healing was something that came naturally to her, as she loved the feeling of helping others mend. She wanted to add that she could dance as the gypsies danced, but how could this benefit the pack? Perhaps she would share this little bit about herself with others, after her acceptance. "I would love to assist your pack in this way."

<style type="text/css">
.donotforget b {font-weight:bold; color:#e2c5d3; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.donotforgetooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#d69060; text-align:right;}
.donotforget p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.donotforget {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#875d4e; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... forget.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #3f2b24; padding: 0px 0px 225px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#c6bb6e; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
table by gen

[/html]
[html]

Sorry, short and weird... I'm not feeling so hot but didn't want to leave a joiner waiting. ^^;

The accent and the surname had given him hints about a possible relation, but he certainly had not expected to hear her say that Rurik was her grandfather. The silver man had hardly seemed any older than he was, if that, and Vigilante was not even a father yet. It was nice to know that the man had more family in the area, though, as it could lead to potential further expansion of the pack and the Constable would not wish anyone separation from their family. "They arrived here not too long ago, though I think they were in the area longer before joining us," he said, just incase she might be interested to know, before moving on to the more pressing matter of business. "Welcome to the pack, Marika. Did you have any questions or concerns?" Like most of the joiners he responded to, Vigilante saw no reason to turn her away from the pack.

<style>
</style>[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.

[html]

No problem at all! This post is just to wrap this thread up. Thank you Meghann!
wc 211

Vigilante continued to demonstrate his accepting nature in speaking to her about her family, giving her a few further details about when they had arrived at Cour des Miracles. She was surprised that Rurik had not come here right away and took a second to wonder what her grandfather had been doing all this time. But she would find out soon enough. She could not stop smiling at her new leader, mismatched eyes bright with gratitude. "Yes? I'm happy to have come to the right place," she responded. Yes, it had taken a great deal of time and careful thought to decipher where she would find her grandfather and other family members. She simply couldn't deny herself the satisfaction of having done this so efficiently.

She shook her head to his question, still smiling openly, allowing her tail to swish steadily between her heels. "Not at the moment. But I'll come to you if I think of anything," she winked harmlessly, but never abandoned her submissive poise. "Thank you, Vigilante. You have been very helpful." She gave a small nod to confirm the truth of her words. Now she had the day to spend in relief, for she had found exactly what she had been looking for. Family, and her sanctuary.

<style>
.marika-a01 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.marika-a01 b {color:#635E25;}
.marika-a01-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.marika-a01 {background-color:#C6B76F; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/feb20 ... _table.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:390px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#746A34; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; margin:0 auto; text-align:justify; }
</style>
table by sie
[/html]