The Naming of Things
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... ddlebg.png); background-repeat:repeat-y;">
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... e_top2.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

300+

It had rained the night before and the air was fresh and crisp as Nayati stepped out of his hut and into the morning light. The man stretched his arms over his head, arching his back to wake up his sleepy body. A nice morning ride would do the trick, and so with Onawa plodding beside him he left the village in the direction of the stable to retrieve Iye from the stalls. He hadn't ridden the dapple gray stallion much since their arrival at the new tribe lands. It had been a long and trying journey and he figured that the horse could use some time of leisure to relax and replenish his strength. Picking an apple from a nearby tree, he entered the musky building, the scent of horseflesh invading his nostrils. As if sensing his presence, the stallion's face leaned out from his stall and he issued a playful whinny. Nayati grinned widely as he walked up and offered Iye the apple. "Hello brother, would you like to go out and stretch your legs?" He was busy munching the apple, but a flick of his ears signaled that he indeed was.

When Iye was finished with his snack the Utina lead him out of the building and into the fresh air. The horse shook out his mane and flicked his tail, clearly enjoying the spring air. Skillfully Nayati hopped onto his back and twisted his fingers into the smokey mane. A gentle pressure was applied to the horse's sides and the trio was off at a fast yet casual place, simply enjoying the lovely morning and the feel of the wind on their faces.

The pace had slowly to a walk and Nayati's pale gaze lazily scanned the area, not expecting to find anything of particular interest. He was very much mistaken in this assumption though as he caught sight of a blond wolf hunched over something in the near distance. Curiosity piqued he guided Iye in the other wolf's direction. When he was close enough to her to speak without yelling he called out a greeting. "Hello there, what is it that you've found?" He tried to peer over her to see what had captured her attention, but was unable to view what was so enthralling.

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... bottom.png); background-position:bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat; height:52px;">
[/html]
[html]

wc 300+

Her black nose sniffed and snorted as she took in the wonderful scent of spring. It was her second ever, but she knew what to expect and ah, it was so wonderful. Her favourite season was drawing closer and the world was starting to pulse with life—or would any day now. There was a fine line between winter and spring. One day change and spring was carried along with the breeze and one would know that the cold season was over as one listened to the steadfast rhythm of icicles shedding their damned tears.

Right now with her loyal Kinigisdi by her side she was hovering over life in all its glory. Or, what soon would be. The pale blonde woman thought back at the day she had first seen her Baby Duck. Now everything was changed. Her long neck friend had gone missing for a little while and when she now had found her beloved swan pet again it had been guarding these oddly shaped rocks. She was no child any longer and understood that this was no magic rock.

She was unable to understand how it had happened though, because she was not amongst the brightest individuals around. Baby Duck had a friend at one point while she was travelling with the wandering tribe, but one of the hunters there had shot it down and eaten it. That was life. Noir was as reluctant to hunt as ever, but she understood that it was a necessity. She did not know how the eggs had managed to get in and out of Baby Duck’s body, but there was a reason for that as well even if she could not get it. She was blue eyed as few could be.

She had spent hours standing over the eggs and Baby Duck, and it was not long ago that Baby Duck had wandered away, probably to find food on its own since Noir was too busy staring at the moving eggs. It was something magical about this. Ears flickered and she turned her face to the speaking male on top of a horse. It was strange how she could get completely lost in something. She did not know this man, but he was a part of Aniwaya and therefore he was Noir’s friend. ”Hello, Friend, I am Noir and I am guarding Baby Duck’s babies!”

Then, a noise forced her golden gaze back. HATCHING NOISES! The woman’s mouth turned into a small “o” and she started to make small squeaking noises in excitement, dancing slightly on excited feet. ”I think babies are coming ouuuut!”

<style type="text/css">
.likealotus b {font-weight:bold; color:#7b445a; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.likealotusooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3c252e; text-align:right;}
.likealotus p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.likealotus {margin:0 auto; width:350px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/l ... alotus.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #4b313e; padding: 0px 0px 200px 0px; font-family: Verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7c5367; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... ddlebg.png); background-repeat:repeat-y;">
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... e_top2.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

300+

She had only turned to him when he spoke to her, and he guessed that whatever it was she was watching was incredibly interesting. Despite her adult appearance, she exhibited the strong aura of youth that was quickly reinforced as she answered his question. Though her answer was a bit puzzling and one of his brows arched in confusion. Baby Duck's babies? A baby couldn't have babies. Instead of asking the girl to explain though Nayati dismounted and came to stand by her to see for himself. A clutch of eggs lay in front of her and he now guessed that this Baby Duck wasn't actually a baby at all, it must just be what she called the duck. "Oh yes, I see!" he said with a smile. He loved that with spring came new life, he had always had a soft spot not only for pups, but for any baby animal. The name Noir tickled his memory and he knew he had heard that name only a few days earlier. "I am Nayati, are you Tayui's daughter?" Dawali had said something along those lines, hadn't he?

Soft noises also attracted his attention and his blue gaze looked over the moving eggs. Noir danced about excitedly and Nayati couldn't help but be infected by her happy-go-lucky nature. He remembered feeling similar excitement when he was young and saw eggs hatch for the first time. The male got down on his knees to be closer to all the actions and excitement of new life. "I think you're right Noir." He watched the eggs intensely, waiting for the first sign of a beak or bill to pop out of the ivory shell. It was a special treat to be able to be so close to a bunch of hatching eggs and witness the event and he was happy to have stumbled upon the scene.

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... bottom.png); background-position:bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat; height:52px;">
[/html]
[html]

--

She squirmed with excitement as the man got off his high horse and stood down next to her. She had been blind to most things as she had stared at the eggs, but now her golden gaze rose to the horse and she grinned brilliantly as a hand rose in the direction of the horse. She hesitated though, was uncertain if the horse would want a pat on its muzzle or not. She had learned that not all animals welcomed contact from other species, but this was a horse and surely it would like to be patted by Noir? Instead her hand offered the four legged animal a silly little wave before she turned her attention back to the male wolf and the moving eggs.

Life could not get more exciting than this. She remembered back the day when she had seen Baby Baby Duck hatch out from its egg. He She had been all lonely and without mommy or sisters or brothers, but there were five eggs gathered and they would have both a mommy and lots of siblings. Oh boy! If possible, her grin widened as he spoke her mother’s name. ”Yes I am!” Nayati sounded like an odd name, but she had heard weirder names in her life. It was an odd name in a very pretty way she thought. The soft noises stole both of their gazes now though, and the girl tried her best to stand still as she crouched down next to the male to get a better look.

A low, crunching nose sounded and she saw a baby beak poke out of the egg in the middle.

<style type="text/css">
.likealotusooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3c252e; text-align:right;}
.likealotus {margin:0 auto; width:350px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/l ... alotus.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #4b313e; padding: 0px 0px 200px 0px; font-family: Verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7c5367; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

300+

Nayati didn't really notice Noir reaching out to Iye, his concentration on the eggs, but the stallion didn't miss the motion. For a moment his ears flicked back. The dapple gray was an even tempered beast, but he was used to only being touched and handled by the Utina hunter. Still, he could sense that the girl meant him no harm and only wanted to be friends, so his ears returned to their neutral position. Still, she seemed to think better of touching him and offered him a wave instead. The smokey horse shook out his mane and let out of a soft whinny, his own greeting to the girl. Nayati looked back at his horse and then to Noir. Smiling, he said, "I think you've made a new friend. His name is Iye." Iye was a reserved horse and usually just ignored most other luperci, it was a compliment that Noir had elicited a positive reaction from him.

The man nodded his head, glad that he hadn't mistaken her parentage. He didn't see too much of Tayui in Noir, but perhaps the older woman had been similar to her daughter when she was that age. There was no time to ponder such things though as the miracle of new life was happening right before their very eyes. It transported him back to his youth, when he had found an abandoned robin's egg and taken it back to his mother. She had helped him to keep it warm so it might hatch, and it did. Sadly, without its parents to care for it, the chick did not survive long. These chicks would have their mother, and no doubt Noir also, to care for them. They would grow up strong and healthy. Then the first sign of emergence appeared, a tiny beak breaking forth from the confines of the shell. "Look Noir!" She probably saw it too, but he had become just as excited as she was. The egg began to rock back and forth more forcefully and the beak disappeared before poking out again, working to enlarge the hole.

[/html]
[html]

--

The squeal of joy stayed silent in her chest when the Nayati man said that he thought that she had made a new friend. Ive was a very fine and pretty horse. She had already decided this, as she loved horses in general, but she wanted to make horse sounds back and pat the pretty fur. Too many things were going on for that, and the hatching egg was the most interesting happening at the moment by far. She sucked in the fresh spring air and held her breath in awe. She would have been close to death with excitement if she had been alone, but sharing this moment with someone else magnified the glorious moment tremendously. As the man spoke up in awe with her name, the young woman let her pale hand catch hold of the man’s upper arm and squeezed it softly as she whined with excitement. She was going to be granny Noir!

Golden gaze was glued to the hatching egg, and so she failed at first to take notice of the enraged cripple swan trotting full speed towards the two wolves.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

short :x

It was always better to witness such magical moments with someone else with you, at least he felt so. There were some exceptions, such as one's journey to find their Spirit Guide which were private and a necessary solitary venture. For almost all other things though, Nayati was much more keen to be around those he shared his life with. While this was the first time he had met Noir, this experience would bond them instantly more so than a regular everyday conversation would. The girl's hand grasped at his arm and he smiled broadly over at her, the physical contact allowing their excitement to flow even more between them. Quickly though his attention was back on the chick struggling to emerge into the world.

The approach of the mother of these eggs also went unnoticed by Nayati, that was until he felt a painful, sharp, acute pressure on his rear. Barking in surprise he jumped up and felt the beat of wings against his legs. Startled eyes looked back to see a very angry mother swan.

[/html]
[html]

sorry.. 300+

Baby Duck had always been sort of weird, but she had never seen it like this. Golden eyes threatened to pop out of the young girl’s head as Nayati barked and jumped into the air. Noir, crouched down next to the male, lost her balance and fell on her side. She did not let a moment pass before she started to crawl away from the enraged bird. As she had never seen the bird in this state she had no idea what to do. Perhaps they should run for their lives? The girl immediately thought that was a wonderful idea. Then she decided to hesitate. That wouldn’t be the right thing to do to your child. Poor Babyduck was scared and confused. The girl’s whined pathetically and moved to wrap her arms around the crazed bird. The swan quacked and thrashed, but she couldn’t have it kill her new Nayati friend.

It did not pack at her face luckily, but Babyduck was a very angry mommy swan. She turned away from the eggs and started to waddle away with the crazy animal. A good ten feet away she carefully released it before she stomped on the ground in an attempt to scare it away. Perhaps it was wrong to scare away mommy from babies, but there were lots of babies and they were only looking. To her surprise the swan started to waddle in an upset circle around the scene instead and Noir moved back to Nayiti and the eggs. She was uncertain if it was the swan, wolves or the egg itself, but where a small beak once had once stuck out was now no hole at all. The girl made big eyes until she saw that it somehow had been turned. ”Oh no poor baabyyy” the girl cooed unhappily and carefully turned the egg so that up was up again and not down! ”Poor baby so much work to get out.”

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

psh, no need to be sorry! 300+

The bites from the swan were surprisingly painful and he winced as he tried to gently deflect the attacks. He knew that she was only trying to protect her eggs and he didn't want to hurt her in any way. If only he could make her understand that he didn't mean any harm to her or her clutch, but sadly he doubted that he could convey that to the enraged avian. Noir seemed just as surprised to see her friend so angry and for a moment he too thought it might be best if they just took off and left the swan and the eggs alone. But then the younger AniWayan came over and carefully grabbed and picked up the mother swan, carrying her away. When the swan was set back down it didn't rush back at him like he thought it would, but started in an agitated circle around them and the eggs.

Nayati rubbed his backside as Noir walked back over, his pale blue gaze watching the mother warily. He didn't want another pecking or he wouldn't be able to ride Iye for a week. As the girl spoke and turned the egg he saw that it had somehow been turned down where the hole wasn't visible. Birth never seemed to be an easy ordeal, not even from an egg. At least when mammals were born it wasn't the baby that had to do all the hard work, it was the mother's job. This was an odd dynamic that he had never considered before. "It does seem to be a lot of work," he agreed. Minutes passed again as the cracks in the egg grew and more and more of the little swan became visible. Just when it looked like it was about to emerge completely it tipped over and it's webbed feet wheeled in the air. Smiling softly the man carefully picked up the egg, placed hold over his palm and lifted the remains of the shell from the small newborn.

It looked up at him curiously and he slowly lowered his hand to the ground, both so that Noir could see, but also so if the little swan decided to jump off his hand it wouldn't fall from high up.

[/html]
[html]

--

Nayati had to be a super kind man. The poor babybabyduck was struggling, but before the girl could reach out to help it, the pale man had already done so and helped the tiny being out of its prison. The girl’s lips pursed and she wondered how the small baby could breathe inside the egg. How did babies breathe inside mommy bodies? Suddenly this was all she could think of as she stared at the little grayish duckling suddenly standing in her friend’s hand. She could not guess how it was. Perhaps the eggs and mommy bellies were magical on the inside. The small animal seemed to breathe normally now while it was on the outside. Strange. The girl peered down into the remaining pieces of the egg, but she saw no magic dust or anything special about it. She turned to Babyduck and cooed happily. ”Babyduck come here and look at babybabyduckies!” As so very often with the strange bird, it seemed to understand what its mommy said and began to waddle towards the two wolves again, though it seemed to have calmed down quite a bit. It quacked as it usually did and Noir clapped her optime hands together merrily as babybaby duck squeaked back at its mommy. So cute. Happy happy happy time and still there were lots of eggs that had yet to hatch.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]