like a river runs to the sea
[html]

ooc: PV April thread prompt 1.

Golden eyes focused on the horizon. The sun was rising above the treetops, brilliantly illuminating Phoenix Valley. A couple of rain clouds lingered in the distance, but it seemed for now that the sunshine would stick around. Xeris was standing by the shoreline, her feet warmed by the sparkling white sand. A small boat was moored in the shallow water, awaiting its occupants. Xeris kept her gaze steadfastly toward the distance, watching and waiting for Pendzez to arrive. The two of them had volunteered to help the pack out by checking on the supplies in Sanctuary Mansion. The white wolfess was excited; this would be like a thrilling adventure to her.

The children were at home and had been told not to leave the cabin. Xeris had made sure that they had plenty of food and supplies with them and assured them that their parents would arrive home before the end of the day. Though it was rather difficult, the ivory-furred wolfess was coming to terms with the fact that her children were becoming more and more independent and growing up. She still worried about them, and always would, but trusted them with following their parents' orders today.

[/html]
Pendzez was just left the cabin to see if the children were fine. He had informed them that they were not to leave the cabin under no circumstances. There was plenty of food and water for them til the two parents returned home from their venture to the Sanctuary Mansion as they volunteered to do He had made sure to Delwyn to absolutely not to leave, even if his curiosity was telling him otherwise. He knew how adventurous the pup was and got into trouble before. However, he was trusted to stay with his brother and sister in the cabin.

He had followed the path to the boats, where there he found Xeris waiting for him. He approached her as a smiled formed upon his lips. "Hello, my dear." he spoke lightly to her as he stood next to her with his arms around her waist. "You seem to be more beautiful every day." he spoke again lovingly to her.
[html]

It was not long before Xeris' golden eyes caught sight of her mate approaching, and she smiled, embracing him. "Hello, love." She smiled again at his compliment. He had always been so kind and she appreciated it. "Are you ready to go?" she asked, gesturing toward the boat. "I don't know much about navigation or where exactly this mansion is, but I think I'm ready."

Thankfully the sea was fairly calm today, the water clear and smooth. Xeris hoped that the trip to the small island wouldn't be too rough or long; this was the first time she would ever be on a boat and she wasn't sure what it would be like. She had already loaded the boat with the supplies that Jefferson wanted them to add to the mansion's stock: some wood, dried food and herbs. Looking out into the distance, she could barely see the outline of the island on the horizon. She wondered what kind of things they'd find there.

[/html]
Pendzez had his embrace returned to him. He was looking forward to exploring the mansion with his love, just the two together. Pendzez had been to the mansion once before with DaVinci. It seemed a long time ago. Pendzez was still young back then. Now, he was more wise and... actually, more mature than his past life. He was a father now, but even before then, he was becoming more like an adult.

Pendzez looked to a boat with a sail. There was a good breeze coming in from the west, so the two could catch a sail boat. "Well, my dear, I have been there before. I should know where it is." He moved to the boat, getting it ready for the trip across the water. "Do you think it's best to keep the pups at home alone. I mean, you and I know what Delwyn is like."
[html]

ooc: late silver is late, sorry!!

Xeris was happy to hear that her mate had been to this place before, for she certainly hadn't. In fact, she had never been on a boat before at all. She walked closer to the boat, looking it over. There would be plenty of room for both of them. The sail gently flapped in the wind, despite being closed for the moment. The reflection of the swaying boat and the gently moving fabric rippled in the water. It would be a good day. She thought to herself that she'd have to ask Pendzez about his earlier trip to the mansion. She wondered what it was like.

She smiled at Pendzez's comment about the children. "They're growing up," she replied. "And besides, if they take after you, they'll be fine on their own. I'm not too worried." The white wolfess walked over toward the boat. "Well, shall we get going?" Carefully, she set one foot in the wooden structure, balancing herself as it wobbled a little, and then climbed in rather awkwardly. She would let Pendzez take the lead here; he knew much more about this sort of thing.

[/html]
He set his sword down in the boat as he untied the rope holding the vessel to the dock. He hopped in himself, grabbing the rope and pulled on it to unroll the sail. In a moment as the wind caught the sail, the boat started to move towards the islands. "From how fast we are going, well be there in about ten minutes." he said as he sat down on the seat part of the boat, moving his sword close to him.

he looked to Xeris as she was still standing. "While we wait, I suppose we can chat along," he said smiling. He never really had anything to talk about to her, but she probably did. Pendzez never really heard much about her old pack, but he didn't want her to feel upset from it. All he heard that her father kicked her out for being a Luperci, but there had been more to it, he was sure, but he kept his mouth shut about it. "Have I been teaching you Japanese, lately?" Japanese was the next thing that came into mind.
[html]

ooc: still laaaaaate sorry

Xeris watched her mate climb into the boat with her, before shifting her golden eyes to the sail that unfurled in the breeze. He seemed to be fairly skilled with this sort of thing, and for that she was happy. The boat would arrive at the island in about ten minutes, he said. That wasn't very long. Xeris moved over toward the mast, placing a hand against it and leaning on it gently. She looked over into the water, which was clear and beautiful, sparkling in the sunlight. Her thoughts were interrupted by Pendzez's question.

"Not lately," she replied. "But I'd quite like to learn some more." Xeris had always thought it interesting that Pendzez knew two languages; she didn't think anyone would be able to put in that kind of time and effort. But the foreign tongue was fascinating to her, and beautiful. She sat down beside Pendzez and looked to him, waiting to see what he had to tell her.

[/html]
Link in OOC to Google Translator, just in case. Smile

Google Translator

Pendzez watched as his beloved mate sat down nexted to him, eager to learn more about the language that was he was fluent in. Japanese had different grammar than English, but to actually pronounce the words were partly easy and partly hard. He had to start off with somethings easy, that way she would get used of the language change of the words. The words in Japanese are sometimes longer than English.

He looked upon her as he thought of something to start off with for a basics. He should probably start with the greetings and farewells before striking a conversation. "Ok then. こんにちは、 Xeris。お元気ですか?" He spoke so fluently and slowly so she could get the wordings. "Hello, Xeris. How are you?" he spoke as a translation. "Kon. Ni. Chi. Wa. Kon'nichiwa. Hello."
[html]

Xeris listened to Pendzez's Japanese lesson. It was such an odd language--then again, it was an odd thought that there were so many languages and so many ways to say the same things. Someday maybe she'd go to a place where a different language was spoken. It would be an interesting experience. "Kon-nich-iwa," the woman repeated. "Konn-ichi-wa." She played with the word for a moment, testing it. "Kon'nichiwa, Pendzez!" Xeris smiled, happy that the lesson was going well so far. Of course, it would probably get much more complicated soon, but for now she would focus on the basics.

The white wolfess' golden eyes strayed from her mate for a moment to look out on the horizon. She could see the outline of the mansion in the distance, getting closer with every moment. They would be there soon. Her heartbeat quickened a little bit at the thought of what awaited them inside. It would be an adventure. The kids would probably be jealous. Perhaps they could go out to the island as a family someday.

[/html]
Pendzez heard the words of Japanese spoken from his mate's mouth. He was so happy that she spoke, even though it was one word, in a different language. He didn't want his over excitement to get the better of him as he was currently being a teacher. He was a fighter, a poet, a singer, a spiritual wolf, a, as Ty would say, husband, and a father. He was certainly proud to teach someone a language that no one else would be able to speak. "Very good. Now, お元気ですか? O. Gen. Ki. Desu. Ka. O genki desu ka?. How are you?"

Pendzez followed as she broke her sight from him to look at the mansion. He gazed at the building, remembering the last time he went there. It was with DaVinci, the former Pundit. It was an interesting experience. He smiled as he said, "The last I was here was with DaVinci. You remember him, right?" It was that male wolf that let her into the pack, but it has been a while, maybe she did forget him, but he knew she would.
[html]

He seemed happy that she was learning, and this made Xeris even more pleased than she already was. Pendzez spoke a phrase, a bit more complicated and longer this time. "O gen-ki desu ka?" she sounded it out like he had. It seemed simple now, but surely the more complex words and phrases would up the difficulty of learning. She decided now to combine what she had learned. "Kon'nichiwa, Pendzez! O genki desu ka?" she spoke, the syllables sounding a little strange due to her still rather poor knowledge of the language. But the white wolfess smiled, knowing that she was making progress.

She noticed Pendzez looking toward the mansion as well, and he again mentioned that he had gone there before. He also mentioned DaVinci. It had been a while since Xeris had heard that name and even longer since she'd seen the wolf it belonged to. "Yes, I remember him. He was the first one I met here," she replied, thinking back to almost a year ago when she had first arrived in Phoenix Valley. "What exactly were the two of you doing out here?"

[/html]
Pendzez listened carefully. Of course, he would correct her if she would somehow say one of the words wrong or something like that. However, Xeris was doing well. She is a quick learner. He listened to the question she asked from learning those two parts to put them to together to make the question. He was in smiles, almost getting to the point in tears. "Very good. You are a quick learner," he said in a complimentary way, smiling at her.

Pendzez thought back to when he and DaVinci was at the mansion on the islands. Pendzez was just fishing that down, wearing a straw hat, laying back in the boat, waiting for the bait to be taken. It was then that the former subleader asked if the white male would come along. Yes was the answer. Yet, who knows now where he is. Da had not been seen for a long time no. "Well, I think he was looking for something, and asked if I would come along."
[html]

Xeris smiled at her mate's compliment, and listened to what he said about DaVinci. Pendzez didn't give a lot of detail about his and the former subleader's trip to the island--perhaps he didn't remember. But that quickly went out of her mind as she realized that the boat was getting very close to the little island. She could see the mansion much more clearly now. Xeris turned to Pendzez and pointed at the island. "Look, we're almost there," she commented. "Wow, I wonder how long that mansion has been out here..." It was odd, seeing such large buildings. Back at her birthplace there were hardly any buildings, and if they did still exist they were dilapidated and overgrown with plants.

"Right, so we're going to make sure there is enough stock for the pack," Xeris said, more to herself than to Pendzez; she was thinking aloud. She wondered what kind of things they would find inside. As the little boat came closer and closer to the shore, the white wolfess felt her heartbeat speed up a little in excitement.

[/html]
Pendzez was quick to notice as well that the boat of coming close to the docking port of the island. Everything still looked the same as it was when he came here with DaVinci. Nothing much has changed, except that there were more plants. He looked at the mansion, which still stood in it's place. Judging by it's condition, it looked like it was around during pre-revolutionary France era, maybe later. "Looks like... eighteen hundreds." he replied.

Now, the current objective to this little trip was stock up on supplies. Xeris seemed excited about this. Pendzez imagined she would be. He too was a bit excited. The boat then came inches to the end of the port. Pendzez grabbed rope as the boat touched the dock. He disembarked, tying one end to a pole and the other to the boat. After, he extended his hand to Xeris to help her off.
[html]

Xeris was fascinated by the concept of architecture. How could someone create something as elegant and complex as this building? And furthermore, how could it withstand the test of time for so long? Humans were such an interesting thing to think about. If only she could read, Xeris would try to find out as much about the former dominant species as she could. Her father would have punished her heavily for thinking such thoughts, but she dismissed this notion. That was the past, and this was now. She could be whoever she wanted to be. And right now, she wanted to be the one to explore this mansion. According to Pendzez, it had probably been around since the 1800s. Xeris wasn't sure exactly how long ago that was, but she figured it must have been quite a while from the wear on the building's walls.

She took her mate's hand as he helped her out of the small boat, and stepped forward onto the island. It wasn't far to the entrance of the great building, and Xeris' curiosity had soon led her to its doors. It was so much fancier than the family's own little cabin in the Valley. Whoever lived here must have been important. "C'mon," she said to Pendzez excitedly, as she pulled gently on the door. It gave a creaking sound as it opened, its hinges rusted and worn from the years gone by. Her golden eyes peered inside; there wasn't much lighting but she could make out a hallway and several rooms. "Where should we go first?"

[/html]
Pendzez could see that Xeris was excited and was intrigued by the design and architecture of the mansion. As his lovely mate took his hand, he helped her onto the dock. When she made it, Pendzez moved to make sure that the boat of secure and that it wouldn't float off. Making sure he had his stuff and sword, he followed after Xeris as she made her way to the front door of the human forsaken mansion.

Pendzez stepped inside after Xeris, looking around the place as the memory of last time came back to him. If memory serves well, there should be a a lot of stuff remaining from last time. "If I remember correctly, there are eight rooms upstairs, six rooms downstairs, an attic, a basement, and a garden along with a greenhouse around the back." Pendzez stepped forward a few steps before deciding the best course of action. "How about we check up there first. I'll check the rooms on the left, you check the rooms on the right. We'll let each other know if we found something."
[html]

From Pendzez's description, it sounded like there was quite a lot of space to explore. He seemed to have a good idea of how to go about their mission, however, and she was thankful for that. Xeris nodded, and looked over toward the right side of the hall. "Sounds good to me," she replied, taking a few steps toward the closest room. There was no door in the frame there, and so Xeris walked right through it, eager to see what she could find.

The room was some sort of old parlor. Fancy furniture stood still in place on all sides, covered in a thick layer of dust. Xeris studied these human items carefully, amazed by their peculiar nature. While they were somewhat similar to the simple furniture back in the cabin, these things were, under the dust, more colorful and elegant. The white wolfess poked and prodded at fluffy cushions and throw pillows, marveling that the humans had been able to create such a wide variety of objects.

On the opposite wall was a door. Xeris turned the handle gingerly and it creaked open, revealing a room full of boxes and crates. Was this part of Phoenix Valley's emergency supply? She peered cautiously into one of the old wooden boxes, and found it full of large bottles. The bottles themselves contained some kind of dark-colored liquid. Xeris' father had told her, when she was young, of the "spirit drinks" that made humans into angry monsters and came in big glass bottles. She decided that this was obviously a human storeroom and not one of the Valley's, so she left, closing the door behind her. She then returned to the hallway and moved toward the next room. Perhaps she would find something in there...?

[/html]
Maybe skip the searching bit and just say that they found whatever?

Pendzez had went to his direction he chose as Xeris went hers. The white male went left, like he said, to check the rooms for any supplies for the pack. He went to the first door he came upon, turning the handle as he pushed it open. The creaking of the door emitted light echoes in the room. It was fairly dark, but still light enough to see what was inside. He found lots of stuff.

He walked inside the room, examining each object that he passed. This would have to a study room because he found a lot of books, by humans of course. It would be little or no chance to find a book written by a wolf. He looked up and down each column of shelves, examining each spine of the books. There was so many, some even written about animals. One caught his attention, which looked like it spoke about the old myth of man becoming a wolf. He had heard of that myth. Just sounded impossible to say the least, but he did take the book and kept it in hand.
[html]

Xeris continued to wander about the empty house, and continued to find most of the same sorts of things as she had found before. She wondered where the Valley's storage was. Admittedly, Xeris wasn't searching particularly hard, being more fascinated by the human artifacts that remained. She soon came upon another closet, and opened it up. It still did not have the storage she was looking for. Instead, it contained clothing--very fancy clothing. Xeris looked through it briefly, but didn't see anything particularly exciting. She closed the old, squeaky door again and continued to the next room.

This next room, she found, was bigger than the others. It, too, was filled with boxes. The white wolfess leaned over and looked into one of them. Inside, she found more bottles, but these contained water. The next box contained what seemed to be meat, with a salty smell and very dry-looking. This had to be it. "Pendzez!" Xeris called out, hoping her mate could hear her. "I think I found it!"

[/html]
Pendzez had left the study room as he walked to the next room. He opened the door, again, another door with a squeak. When he peered inside, he found it was a different room. He saw a bed, surrounded by heaps of stuff. He walked inside, taking each step carefully, but felt a slight pain in his foot as he stepped on something that cracked, like glass. He looked down, finding an old human frame with broken glass, with a picture still inside. Ignoring the cut on his foot, he picked up the frame, carefully brushing of the shards of glass as he looked at the picture. Two adult humans along with their child. They stood upright. They must have been the old human owners of the mansion.

His ears perked up as he heard Xeris call out to him. She reckons she found the supplies. "Alright." He looked back to the picture, walking to the bedside table, placing it the way it was made to, with the support leg on the back. He walked out of the room, going to the room Xeris called from. He arrived, walking inside to Xeris. "You found something?" he asked, his hand still holding the book regarding the Lycanthropy myth.