[M] today is still in front of us
[html]

Private for Fae and NPC'd Anselm. Mature because there's some death going on. :c Backdated to April 3rd! 500+ words.

Nala was as happy as a clam to be with Anselm finally, he was indeed. The pair walked along the new borders of the clan's territory, and Nala was filling the air with as much chatter as he possibly could. It had been quite some time since he had last seen the larger male, and the young coyote had a lot to tell him about. Nala had promised Anselm upon his acceptance that he would be useful to the clan, and he had tried his hardest to live up to that promise. It was natural enough that he would become as attached to Anselm as he had upon their first meeting. Nala, being a very simple-minded creature, had needed someone stable to look up to, and Anselm had provided that for him.

"I helped Inferni a lot!" he was saying, his voice high-pitched and very obviously excited. He waited until Anselm asked him about it before launching into a very excited explanation of the ways he had helped the clan, just like he had promised he would. "Some guy from Dahlia de Mai came here a long time ago and I beat him up until he left, but it was weird, because he could stand up on two legs!" At the time, Nala had ignored this fact because he had so desperately wanted to prove to everyone that he could be useful, and he certainly could not be useful by being distracted by the man's strange stance. It still seemed so weird to him that some canines could do that—he couldn't!

"Then, I went to Dahlia de Mai to try and scout and stuff, 'cause that's helping, right?" Anselm nodded, and Nala grinned widely. "But then this girl, she tried to stop me, and she was from Dahlia de Mai and stuff, so then we fought for a while. I got her face really good!" Of course, he had sustained injuries too, but he had not noticed if any had been long-lasting. And, he could not leave out the most exciting thing that he had done to help the clan win the war! Nala could only assume that they were going to win, anyway, because it was not over yet, but he did not think it would be possible for dahlia de Mai to win. The coyote clan was just too awesome for them to lose, and that was that.

"Then, I went with Kaena and everyone, and I ended up fighting that lady who had the puppy, because that's why we were there, right? Yeah, anyway, everyone else started fighting and nobody had gone to her yet and I knew that was why we were there, so I fought her! I didn't hurt the puppy, though, 'cause that would have been mean," Nala had been incredibly proud of himself that day. "She hit me with a rock, though, and that was not very nice," he added, most unhappy with that fact. It had hurt, and she had been cheating because he could not do the same thing to her, because he did not have hands like her.

<style type="text/css">
.nala001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#143214; letter-spacing:1px; }
.nala001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Geneva, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#362e25; text-align:right;}
.nala001 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.nala001 {margin:0 auto; width:377px; background-color:#87726c; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... la001a.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #362e25; padding: 140px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Geneva, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#362e25; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
I am so sorry for the horrible wait. I will pay close close attention to this thread and keep my replies quick. I didn't mean to spoil this for you. :/

She was looking for blood again. Seeing it drain out of the wounds of that runty coyote had given her a nice taste, and her fight with Jedidiah had increased the satisfaction. She wanted more. Never had she pictured herself as a violent wolf. Before Nala, there had never been reason for the gray wolfess to bare fangs and claws. But things changed; she understood that. New hungers were discovered all the time, and this was one that could not be ignored.

Fae crossed the borders with alert senses, quadrupedal form carrying her easily along the invisible line inside of Inferni territory. She paused when two canine figures came into view, chilly eyes narrowing skeptically. One of the creatures, the smaller one, was tastily familiar. She still had scrapes upon her face from his claws, and thirsted for revenge. The girl sped up, moving toward them and pausing provocatively close, her skinny ribcage rising and falling as adrenaline rushed through her veins. We meet again, she said to Nala, though her cobalt eyes traced the golden form of the other, larger creature. There was going to be a lot of trouble, for her as well.
[/html]
[html]

It's okay! ♥ 300+ words.

"And then, I helped everyone move the spikes with the skulls on them when the territory was moved yesterday, but first I was trying to get some flowers for you, so I could tell you about everything. But now I'm telling you now!" Nala said while Anselm nodded, occasionally interjecting encouraging and quite possibly proud comments. The young coyote was very excited to finally have the chance to tell Anselm about everything he had been doing that he could hardly keep his mouth shut, but it did not seem to bother the larger golden male in the least. Nala was glad he had met Anselm; aside from Minos, the Optio was his best friend! Knowing Anselm had also given him something to strive for, as he really wanted to make sure Anselm and the rest of Inferni was proud of him.

Nala was trying to think of what else he could tell Anselm when a familiar scent reached him, the words from the angry female following quickly. His eyes widened as he whispered to Anselm, "That's one of the Dahlian wolves I fought!" Beside him, Anselm bristled, knowing that he was better equipped to chase off the wolf than Nala was, but the young coyote had already stepped forward, tail raised high, his stance commically defensive. "Go away, you, I'm talking to Anselm and you don't belong here!" he said, puffing out his chest before turning to glance proudly at Anselm. Finally, a chance to prove himself while Anselm was actually there! Nala was worried that Fae would try to attack Anselm, but there was no need to fear—Nala would protect him, of course, and he would do it really well. He had to, because otherwise, Anselm would not be proud of him anymore and then he would not like him anymore, and that would be very sad.

<style type="text/css">
.nala001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Geneva, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#362e25; text-align:right;}
.nala001 {margin:0 auto; width:377px; background-color:#87726c; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... la001a.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #362e25; padding: 140px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Geneva, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#362e25; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<3

Fae didn't care that she'd interjected directly into their conversation. She only wished that there wasn't any conversation at all. She wished Nala was alone. But she was already full of energy from her fight with Jedidiah — she was drunk with it. Inhibition existed somewhere in her young being, but with wavering judgment, it didn't matter so much to her that Anselm was there. She saw Nala's eyes light up with pride as he turned to speak to the larger canine and pitied him again for that bothersome split second.

I don't care that you're talking to Anselm, she said as means to drive her lingering uncertainty away. You hurt me, retard. A sardonic smile fell into place as she rolled fluidly into a position of attack, limbs loose as the rest of her body trembled with electricity and potential energy, ready to spring. Her smile morphed into a snarl, distorting the scrapes on her face in a nearly frightening way.

[/html]
[html]

Maybe have her get her teeth on his throat in your next post, then I'll post once more, then you can post her ending? 300+ words.

Anselm was bristling with anger at the intrusion, not the type to simply sit by passively while others fought around him. Nala, however, was determined to fight this fight alone to prove to Anselm that he really could do this on his own. He wanted to prove his worth to the golden male and to Inferni as a whole, and besides, he apparently had a score to settle with this female. When he had gone to Dahlia de Mai to fight whoever he found there, he had not anticipated that it would be a big deal later. After all, the naive coyote had come to realize that a war was fought with battles. For him, it wasn't personal—it's just the way it apparently was.

At the insult, Anselm stepped forward with teeth bared, but Nala quickly leapt at Fae, screaming, "I am not a retard!" All his life, Nala Garner had been insulted and told he was stupid, or dumb, or retarded, or slow, and he was not any of those things. When he had come to Inferni, he had wanted those insults to stop, and they had, for the most part... but to hear it now was too much for the young coyote. Before Anselm could do or say anything else, Nala's body had collided with the wolf's and they were tumbling down the hill she had come up originally. He wanted the upper hand and he wanted to win, and he hoped that he had taken her by surprise.

As their tumbling bodies came to a stop, Nala felt disoriented, and for a moment he could not gather his bearings. It took him a moment to realize that, despite his original intentions, her body was sprawled over his much smaller form. He scrabbled, trying to fight his way out from beneath her while Anselm ran down the hill towards them, but it seemed to be of no use; he could not get a good enough amount of strength to push her off of him yet.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
slight pp, i hope it's okay?

Fae did not know if Nala was actually retarded or not; in fact, she thought that perhaps he wasn't so much stupid as he was naive, unthinking of the consequences of his words and actions. His eyes were bright and there was life in him, life that she now wished to exhaust. What a pathetic girl she was, to extinguish such a potential for learning and fulfilling the world, but she so thirsted for blood that she was blind to the mistake she was about to make.

All the while she was feeling the anger build from the yellow canine. He did not appreciate her trespassing, she expected. Oh well. She only wanted Nala to attack her, to feel her teeth in his skin. The moment finally came, Nala springing from his place with the suddenness of a hawk's dive. He had surprising momentum, knocking her off balance and sending them both a tumbling heap of fur and limbs down the hill Fae had just ascended. As they fell, she put herself on alert, preparing for any advantage she might gain from his hasty attack. And what an advantage she procured. They landed, her larger frame upon his; she anchored her paws to the earth, letting her weight fall upon his smaller body. Her bloodshot eyes found his — this had been so very quick, but it mattered not. She had what she wanted.

Fae dove right for his throat, not wishing to tarry any more. Her teeth gripped the main pipe, a thick band of flesh beneath his skin and fur, and she pulled with all her might. Now, to wait for the delicious fountain of blood.

[/html]
[html]

PP is fine, silly, since we planned it. ♥ FARE THEE WELL, NALA! D: Left the Anselm part very vague, so you can post again with him quickly killing her, ja? :3 300+ words.

As they tumbled, Nala had fought to gain control over the situation. Thus far, the young coyote had been doing very well in his defending of Inferni. However, things just were not working out this time—that was not okay, because Anselm was there this time. Nala wanted very much to prove his worth. As they his the ground at the bottom of the hill with a sharp pain shooting through his back, chocolate eyes turned to look at Anselm as he quickly approached them. The Optio was moving quickly to reach them, but they'd had the momentum of falling and grappling to move them significantly more quickly than he could, despite the fact that Anselm was trained and very capable. Things just did not work out right, at the moment.

And that was what he saw as Fae's teeth surrounded his throat: Anselm rushing to his aid. That was how it was meant to be, anyway. Nala would not look at Fae as she ended his life. The young boy's last image was the canine he had come to revere as his idol. The blood spurted from the force of her teeth pulling his throat from his body, but the life drained from his eyes quickly. His end was a swift one, and his only regret was that he had not succeeded in killing Fae. He'd wanted to protect Anselm, and even if he had not succeeded in killing her, at least he had distracted her enough that he felt like he had protected Anselm.

As the young coyote began his journey through the second part of his existence, his earthly frame lying still in a pool of crimson, Anselm turned on Fae. She had murdered Nala, and that was not forgivable. The Dahlian would die today for that.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OH YEAH!

A swell of hot pleasure poured into her body from her head to her belly as she tasted the strong flavor of blood. This was the best high she had ever experienced. It was better than anything she had ever done to bring herself relief, for with this relief came a powerful quieting of the anxiety in her mind. She didn't care for her victim to face her. He was nothing to her. She didn't want his fear and respect, she wanted his blood. As his body fell limp at the complete gravity of death, she loosed her grip on his throat, letting it ease from between her jaws. Vermilion stains covered her maw up past her eyes to her forehead, and its liquid form slid down her throat, tasting better than wine.

She was too caught up in her discovery. For those few moments she had forgotten about Anselm, who awaited her with anger she felt only when his body threw her off her kill. She could see blood in his eyes now as he bore down upon her — he was much heavier than she, a beast in comparison. Perhaps the tawny wolf was more fearful than Nala had been. Cobalt pools were suddenly wide with terror, her entire body stiff as rock and unable to react further than her front limbs could reach to push futilely into his chest. The tables had turned: Now it was her throat being torn open, her blood spurting like a gruesome fountain. His eyes were the last thing she saw before she lost consciousness and took her place among the flames.

[/html]