M - a most beautiful ruby red
[html]
WARNING This thread contains: drug usage starting with the 2nd post. Reader discretion is advised.

+3

A journey north from D’Neville in Inferni’s south eastern most point along the borders through the Forest of Nod had brought the young Equites to Occasus Promontorium. Now that the war was beyond the clan, Silas looked at the territory in new light. April was here and spring was upon Nova Scotia. Even in Inferni’s borders life was beginning to blossom and its promise reassured the Russian about his decision to live amongst the coyotes of the clan. Ever since his own hands had spilled blood, the boy had been toiling with internal conflict. Somehow, it seemed as if the clouds were parting and Silas had found some sunshine in his life.

Though it wasn’t often that Silas was found on four legs, he had retied the blue bandana around his neck and trailed the borders in lupus form. Though agile and lithe on two feet, he knew any journey among the territory would be quicker this way. Plus, it had been quite a while since Silas had traded in the dexterity of his Optime form for the compact, mobile lupus form. It was a nice return, and as he walked from the forest into the sunniest place in Inferni, Silas was reminded of his childhood home in Russia.

It was here that Gabriel had called together the clan when they had needed to readjust their borders. The world around them had seemed much darker that short time ago, but today’s appearance was deceiving of the past. The sky overhead was a brilliant shade of blue and the sun touched every possible spot along the ground here. No wonder many of the coyotes found themselves lying in the sun up here.

A tent was situated along the top of a hill and Silas decided to make his way towards it. He wasn’t sure who exactly had moved themselves into the spot, but by the looks of things, it seemed inhabited. Tail swishing contently behind him, Silas rounded the hill easily, stopping a few hundred meters away from the camp to see if anyone was inside. "Hey zhere. Anybody home?"

<style>
.silas-family p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.silas-family b {color:#1B2A5B;}
.silas-family-ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.silas-family {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; width:400px; background-color:#BAD6DA; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/silastable.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:175px; text-align:justify; }</style>

[/html]
[html]

I forgot to reply to this. I'm sorry! XD

On a typical day, Razekiel would have been awake hours prior to that time. In fact, he would have not only been wide awake, but already outside and basking in the sun and wind, grinning ear to ear, and successfully high on life in more than one fashion. However, he had been awake late the previous night, and though the coyote loved sleep ever so much, the smell and flicker of an attractive campfire before his little tent was so appealing, and he couldn't resist. The weather was getting warmer and soon such fires would be few and far between considering the onslaught of warmth the summer would bring, and Razekiel knew to take advantage of that cozy comfort while he still could.

He had woken up prior to hearing a voice outside his tent, of course. A joint had been rolled and lit promptly as soon as the prince had sat up, and clouds were already puffing out of every point of exit in the tent's fabric. At the sound, however, Razekiel's ears perked and he poked his head out the entrance, eyes and mind not yet terribly warped by the devious substance. A grin brightened his face at once, recognizing the friend he had made shortly upon returning to Inferni, that one time he had ventured out of the clan's land. He hadn't done so many time since, briefly recalling that strange mistress Lolita the last time he had. Mother Earth certainly had crafted some interesting people.

"Silas, my brother!" Razekiel beamed, joint clenched between his teeth as he crawled out and threw open his arms. "You are a member here now, yes? I saw you at the meetings, man; I didn't know you were one of us." He referred to familial ties, as Razekiel always assumed Inferni was completely composed of Lykois and Poers, and somewhat refused to believe anything else. "What brings you to my balmy dive, man?"

<style type="text/css">
.razflowers b {font-weight:bold; color:#413037; letter-spacing:1px;}
.flowersooctext {font-style:italic; color:#674E58; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.razflowers p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.razflowers {margin:0 auto; width:350px; background-color:#FDFEF8; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... rtable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #413037; padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#674E58; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

No worries! Things are a little hectic with finals and all, anyhow. :} +3

His treading ceased, and Silas let his hind quarters fall so that he reclined to his haunches. Though the weather wasn’t terribly warm yet, seeing as how spring was just barely upon them, the youth let his tongue loll from his muzzle lazily as he looked to the tent expectantly. Movement could be heard from inside as the Vexillarius shuffled to move to the opening of his tent. When the cool blue gaze fell on the masked face of his acquaintance, Silas’ maw opened further into a toothy grin. "Razekiel!" It was a pleasant surprise to find the lighthearted stoner camped inside his tented abode. Somehow, the Russian decided that this fit the man – Occasus Promontorium just fit his demeanor.

"Yes, joined zhe ranks and been living in zhe mansion." Instantly the most beautiful image rushed into the youth's head, only deepening the grin already present. It was often that the smallest ideas brought the boy’s mind back to the same image. Those ruby red eyes made his stomach feel weak. "Just decided to do some exploring of zhe lands, yeah? Since zhe shift and all, zhought eet might be a good idea." Even though this area had been part of Inferni before, Silas had never actually wandered this far in the clan’s lands.

"Ees eet zhe same?" He tossed his muzzle, indicating the joint that was held between Razekiel’s teeth. He didn’t recognize the smell right away, but had a feeling this wasn’t the same cigarettes Razekiel had been smoking when Silas had first met him. The scent was sweeter and somehow seemed the cling to the air. It intrigued the youth, though he should have already known what the rolled paper’s contents were. After all, Silas had snuck some of his father’s own cannabis and replaced the tobacco of one of his cigarettes to try. The high he felt has been pretty wonderful, but Silas was smart enough not to take from his father again without asking. Sooner or later the senior Russo would figure out that his stash was diminishing faster than he could smoke it.

<style>
.silas-family p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.silas-family-ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.silas-family {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; width:400px; background-color:#BAD6DA; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/silastable.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:175px; text-align:justify; }</style>

[/html]
[html]

--

When had he and Silas met? The Russian was one of the first faces the coyote stumbled upon when he'd first returned to Inferni and meandered the surrounding areas. In fact, Silas had been the first outsider he'd met, not to mention how the two had become acquaintanced before Razekiel had even started to learn faces of the clan he now called home. Much had happened since then, many moons had passed over them, and yet Razekiel felt no different. From the looks of his foreigner comrade, little had changed in Silas as well.

The prince brightened at Silas' news—how had he snuck around Inferni without the hippie's notice? Razekiel noticed the dreamy look the Russo adopted and questioned it mentally, supposing that there was some deeper reason for his presence than what was being said, but the concept was quickly forgotten with the contented torrents within his head.

"What, this?" Razekiel pulled the joint from between his teeth and peered at it, only then recalling that the smoke they'd shared before had been nothing more than a tobacco cigarette. Silas didn't seem to know the difference—strange considering the coyote knew who else lived in the mansion and shared in the habit—and Cassius had been just as clueless when they'd last spoken, too. How was it so many had ducked out of the way of such wonderful drugs? He grinned. "Not at all, man. This here's pot—waaaay different, man. Sends you on a one-way trip to paradise. Kinda helps you chill, man." A contented look on his face, Razekiel held the joint up for his friend to share in.

<style type="text/css">
.razocean b {font-weight:bold; color:#883E4A; letter-spacing:1px;}
.razoceanooc {font-style:italic; color:#B93B45; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px;}
.razocean p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.razocean {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#FE9E2A; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... zocean.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #233036; padding: 0px 0px 110px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#B93B45; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the delay! +3

Silas nodded – he should have known. It wasn’t to say that the Russian had not been around pot before – he had definitely experienced the drug before and the coyotes on the opposite side of the mansion often kept their hallway reeking of the substance. However, Silas was still naïve and didn’t know all there was to know about marijuana or any other drug for that matter. Perhaps he was curious to find out more, but he didn’t mind just going along with life questioning. Either way, he realized what the scent was now and nodded when Razekiel plucked the joint from his own teeth and offered it to Silas. Though he considered it for a moment, Silas shook his head, dismissing himself from sharing. With the way the sun shone down upon this area of Inferni, Silas was sure that as soon as the chemicals worked their way into his body, he would be lulled into a comforting nap and his surveying mission would be shot. Plus, the boy remained in his lupus form and figured smoking would be a little more awkward by having Razekiel have to help him out. At least now he knew where to go whenever he wanted to gain a high.

"Zhanks for zhe offer," he told Razekiel, hoping the Vexillarius wouldn’t take offense. "Eet ees nice place here," Silas offered, looking around at the established campsite. Silas grinned a toothy smile as he turned his icy gaze back on Razekiel. "You leeve alone?" So far he had seen nor smelled any evidence that Razekiel had company, but that wasn’t to say that Silas wasn’t overlooking something. He wouldn’t be surprised if perhaps another hippie was stashed away inside the tent, smoking more of the sweet smelling cannabis. Perhaps a mate, though Silas had never spoken to him about that subject and the man was still too much of an acquaintance for Silas to make any guesses.

<style>

[/html]
[html]

I'm sorry too! Do you want to fix the dates on this or something to make it more recent? Just an idea since we've both been lagging a little. x_x

Razekiel was undoubtedly disappointed at his refusal, but nonetheless offered some slight shrug. His soft, gentle smile went unwavered, and the joint he had plucked from his lips was just as easily returned there, inhaled generously before releasing a delightful cloud of smoke from his teeth and nostrils. Clearly the coyote was enjoying the high in full force; it had not occurred to him once that lupus Silas would have had difficulty smoking anything without the convenient use of thumbs. Razekiel was dense in that way, of course, sometimes failing to see the differences in physical forms when he dwindled so heavily on personalities instead.

Ultimately, he took no offense. "More for me," he smiled, pausing to raise his arms in the air and stretch his long, lithe back. He was a skinny thing, Razekiel was, hardly more than skin and bones. His clothes hung so loosely off him, it was if he were some sort of walking clothesline, but the Lykoi hardly seemed to notice. Silas, on the other hand, he recalled to be of some heavier build, muscular perhaps, but the coyote in all his free loving was still straight as a nail, and hadn't bothered to inspect his friend's body much further than that. "Is beautiful place, Silas my friend! I live alone by name only, man, but the Great Mother's all the loving company this flesh needs!" He was enthusiastic, perhaps too much so, for his shoulders sank a little not long after.

"I left many things behind in the place I once was, brother," he said, his smile shading blue. Razekiel paused, the prince bothered to say no more on the subject, and instead turned his straw-hued eyes to his Russian comrade. "Each time I see you, you are wandering alone yourself."

<style type="text/css">
.razoceanooc {font-style:italic; color:#B93B45; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px;}
.razocean {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#FE9E2A; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... zocean.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #233036; padding: 0px 0px 110px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#B93B45; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

That works for me! What date would be good for you?

"Ahh," he simply responded. Razekiel had a funny way about him. It wasn't just his heavy smoking habits or the extraneous bobbles and clothing he wore, and it extended even beyond the eccentric way he spoke. Whatever it was about him, or perhaps the combination of all of these things, Silas appreciated it. He instantly felt comfortable around the older male, feeling the Vexillarius was almost always in a content mood and never seemed to stray anywhere near becoming cross. There was a lot Silas didn’t know about Razekiel of course, but what he did, Silas enjoyed.

"Yus, vell," he paused, unsure of how to explain his own tendencies to be alone. "Mine family ees leeving een Cour des Miracles." That didn’t explain why Silas wasn’t with one of the other members of Inferni. Truth be told, Silas didn’t really know any of them well. Of course in passing he had come to learn names and ranks, and the sort. But most of them he didn’t really know. Somehow, he was okay with that he supposed. "Ees your family here? Een Inferni?" Silas didn’t think that they had talked much of family on their first encounter, but maybe that was what held Razekiel here.

<style>

[/html]
[html]

I dunno. Mid-June? XD

His family lived in Cour des Miracles? The concept of this was simply appalling to the very family-oriented Razekiel—or at least he considered himself as such, temporarily forgetting that he had massacred the only clan-like group that he truly called home, slaughtered his youngest daughter, and dumped his remaining children on his then-lover. Such memories were fleeting and easily looked over for the smoke-induced male, and he chose to focus on the present rather than the past. His family—the family he'd been born into, related by blood—had awaited his return in Inferni since he left, and with open arms he had been accepted back. Razekiel was no longer one of them by personality, but by blood bond he remained there, content, and called Inferni the place of his family and his home.

"Your family is far away?" he mused, tipping his head lazily to the side. "I don't understand, brother. Why would you live here and not with them, man? Family is life, man, heart and soul." He tapped a fist against his chest and made some determined-looking face that broke quickly into a grin. Silas questioned him on his own family, of course, and Razekiel's boyish grin only widened from there.

"Yeah, man, Inferni's my home. Kaena's my mother, Samael's my brother... we're all related, man. I'm somewhere in the middle." He cackled, spun his shoulders a little, and flicked dreadlocks from his eyes. "I don't really fit in, yeah? Something about Inferni, man—we all leave, but we all come back."

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]

[html]
OOC Ending: So Silas and Razekiel talk some more about family and things, before Silas decides to continue his exploring trek and bides Raze farewell. Big Grin
[/html]