light bringer
[html]
(300)
         Like a shadow, he crept though the grass mainly unseen, keeping his small body low to the ground and his senses alert. Something ahead had drawn his attention and slowly, painstakingly he moved into position, heading for the kill. The rabbit moved. He burst into action, becoming a lightning fast blur of silvery fur and snapping jaws that laid deadly fangs deep into the rabbit’s flesh. Blood stained his muzzle, and with a quick jerk of his head the rabbit’s neck was broken. He was a small hunter—even smaller due to his age and breed, but he would grow to be about average size for his father’s species, who had been large enough in his own right. The murder had been for practice, not sustenance, but his mother had raised him in a place where food could go decidedly scarce at times, thus he’d been taught not to waste good flesh when he had it within his jaws.

The rabbit dangling from his jaws, he sought a rocky outcropping that the sun had warmed as best as it could in these chilly conditions. The dead carcass was carefully lain across the rock at his side as he stretched out on a smooth surface to sunbathe. Always, his posture was carefully refined, with his head held high and his ears alert for danger or company. His flank was pressed against the stone with his forelegs out before him and his hind legs stretched out to the side. He desired warmth, though his coat did the trick in keeping out the cold. He despised this weather, but short of becoming a god and changing the season there wasn’t much that he could do about it. So he soaked up the sun and reflected on recent events.
[/html]
[html]
ooc - homnomnom i have not threaded with you before :O cass is in lupus form for a change. plus spoilers from the strel/cass thead.

Today was a day for different things. Cass had spent the last couple of days holed up in his loft in the mansion with his recent plunder from Halifax he found with that queer wolf. His new found companion, the raccoon he named Gadget, was keeping him some company as well. The hybrid had left his companion trustingly in the loft (hoping he didn't tear up the place. Oh well he'd know when he arrived back.) and left out, in his lupus for to go on a run, which was weird, mainly because Cassius never really went out for "runs". His goggles and bandanna adorned his head and neck as he set out, taking his run out in Inferni's countryside. His brown fur glistened in the sun as he sprinted across the grass, enjoying this wonderful day. Cass was glad spring was now here, mainly because that meant it was closer to summertime, and that meant hot weather. To Cassius, hot weather meant the Nova Scotia area would be like spring in Louisiana. And spring in Louisiana was Cass' absolute favorite time of year. Hot weather was a favorite of Cassius' because his fur was thinner as a result of being raised in that weather.

His purple eyes were filled with glee in this break in cold weather. His bandanna whipped in the wind as he sped up through the beautiful plane that was Inferni territory. His claws dug into the ground with speed and excitement. Cassius was unusually happy with his run and the overall day that was bestowed before him. However, it was interrupted by a figure that appeared in the distance. It looked grey, but Cass saw a collection of red around the facial area. Being so blinded by his own optimism, he did not care whether the figure was hostile at all. He felt so social that he was practically hoping for some company to talk to. he decided to walk over to the small figure, thinking that saying hi was in order. Even if it wasn't, he wanted to do it anyway. Cass got a better look at the figure, which looked like a coyote, but at the same time, didn't. It looked like it was mixed with something else, but the goggle toting coy did not know of this mysterious species. He faced the coyote mix, who had blood on his muzzle from the kill it had recently made. Cass shrugged and nodded his head to the child. "Howdy," the hybrid barked cheerfully, "I reckon I ain't seen y'all 'round here a'fore. Y'all new?"

Word Count: 400+

[/html]
[html]

Bright and chipper greetings were not his style. His eyes narrowed at the stranger, remaining silent and simply watching him before anything else. But he was a guest here, thus he needed to play nice. He’d have to swallow his pride and speak to the stranger even though he didn’t particularly want to. At least he wasn’t grinning like a fool. “Yes,” he said, speech short and clipped. Anything not of his blood was less than interesting, and he saw no crimson star branded onto this beast’s flesh. He was a peculiar sort, with bizarre attire, but attire alone did not damn one. It was blood and demeanor above all—and while Mkhai was a prince he didn’t know what yet to make of this creature.

“You’re not a Lykoi,” was all that he said, stating the fact rather than forming it into a question as he already knew the answer. He was told they were all royalty, with a distinct nature that this beast didn’t seem to share. Oddities existed, but they were so deluded anyway they may not have even counted. He was arrogant and bold, with an ego the size of Africa. But he was also yet young and unworldly, with a head full of stories and pagan fantasies to keep him far from living in reality. He didn’t feel any need to associate with anyone outside of his bloodline, and as he’d been informed of how many resided within this place, he felt perfectly within his right to ignore the rest.

table by sie.

<style>
.mkhai-a01 p {padding:0px 25px 5px 25px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.mkhai-a01 b {color:#420E01;}
.mkhai-a01 {background-color:#C3AB82; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010apr/mkhai.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 200px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: arial, serif; font-size:11px; color:#1E140A; letter-spacing:.1px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.mkhai-a01-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.mkhai-a01-separator{width:350px; border-bottom:1px dotted #911E01; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
ooc - BTW i will forever use this specific table whenever i thread with you. so i know you can read it.

Cass wasn't one to judge, let alone one to judge by blood. He had an extremely small family, no match for the whole Lykoi clan. He was used to the small family mentality, but when he moved north, he did not expect any super large families like this. He kind of like the whole group though. They were very pleasant to be around (probably only because he was a coyote and a part of Inferni), and were quite... interesting. One Lykoi Cass had a particular interest for was Halo, but he never mentioned her to anyone. Razekiel was a weird hippie, but he seemed pretty okay. Kaena was.... well she seemed normal. Anselm was pretty cool as well. Otherwise, Cassius hadn't met any other Lykois or De le Poers. Cass tilted his head at the boy, who didn't seem like he spoke much. "Uhhh, alright then," he responded awkwardly.

Immediately, the boy noted that Cass wasn't a Lykoi. Why did this matter? He wasn't a Lykoi, but that didn't mean he wasn't allowed to be in Inferni. Inferni was welcome to all coyotes and hybrids. Cassius shrugged his shoulders and sat before the boy. "Yer right, I ain't. And?", he questioned. "I done assume y'all are?" he didn't mean it in an accusing way, or a snobby way, but the kid couldn't have possibly brought that up so randomly if he wasn't related to the Lykoi bloodline in some way. Nobody else had said anything about his not being a Lykoi, because frankly half of Inferni wasn't Lykoi/de le Poer blood. It didn't matter to Cass though. He didn't judge this kid so far. "M'Name's Cassius Arphralos, 'er Cass fer short if y'all prefer." He nodded towards the assumed Lykoi kid. "And y'all?" He meant for the child's name, hopfully this kid wasn't so pompous as he seemed.

Word Count: 300+

[/html]
[html]
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll42 ... est-63.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-top:0px; background-color:#000000;background-position: top;">
<3

He’d been raised as royalty, thus he behaved as royalty. Of course, his rights had been questioned back home, leading him to eventually arrive here, but he’d been mostly sheltered from such information by his adoring mother. His father may have been a demon, but he’d held no ties within Egypt. This was the rest of his royal line here and thus far they seemed to rub shoulders with the likes of anyone. He felt disillusioned. “Obviously,” the little prince said coolly, feeling himself growing irritated.

He couldn’t tell by just looking at him? It fully mattered to him what blood this beast possessed, for anything else made him less of a man within the hellion’s eyes. Blood mattered above all. Heritage was everything. It seemed ridiculous that this coyote couldn’t tell that. He should be kissing his feet, not questioning his judgment. The look on his face remained faintly disgusted. “Mkhai,” he replied, remembering that he had to play nice. He didn’t want to socialize with those not of his blood, yet he knew that he had to. What luck.

[/html]
[html]
ooc - Sorry, but dumb fucktard friend drama makes for a douchebag cass :l

Unfortunately, Cass was already getting displeased with the way this kid was holding himself up so high because of blood. Cassius was quite a modest person by comparison, even Halo told him not bring himself down so low compared to others. That was when he mentioned his talented mechanic ability to the Lykoi woman, who seemed to admire it. Quite a few members of the clan (and people outside the clan as well) greatly appreciated his talented hand in machinery. It wasn't exactly the most common skill, but Cass loved it as some loved their family. It was one of his most favorite pastimes and made his own impact in the clan with it. Back in the conversation, he hadn't seen this child before, and since he was so young, he had probably never set foot in the clanlands previously in his life. Cass would've crossed his arms, if he was in his Optime form, but he didn't plan on meeting such an arrogant child. Cassius snorted at the kid's reply, certainly not appreciating his disrespect. "Hmph," he grunted.

Mkhai was his name. It was certainly an unusual name, like Cass' was, but it sounded quite foreign to the Southerner. Remaining in the sitting position, the hybrid gave Mkhai a hidden glare. "So Mkhai," he began, the name tasting like poison on his tongue. "Y'all related to Kae an' all. Who're yer ma an' pa? I s'pose one f'em 're Lykoi folk, right?" Cassius could notice the disgusted look Mkhai had on his features, which bothered him further. Well they already had something in common: they didn't like being in the presence of one another. The feeling was mutual, and Cass gave the boy a deep purple stare. The child's red eyes looked quite familiar, but he couldn't place a finger- er paw- on where he'd seen them before. He had to have been related to some Lykoi that was in Inferni during his time here.

Word Count: 300+

[/html]
[html]

Omg, he's such an ass. <3 Feel free to make Cass just as douchebaggy as you need, lmao~!

Cassius was growing just as annoyed. He sensed this, and it amused him. If anything, he wished to throw fuel on the fire and feed from his negative emotions, seeing just how far he could push him before he’d break. He smiled. His smile was wicked and unclean as he watched the other speak through blood-red eyes. A game was all that this creature was good for. “Of course. How else could I be a Lykoi without Lykoi parentage?” he asked, an amused indifference taking hold of his outside demeanor. He wondered how to go about pushing this creature’s buttons without breaking too many rules within the clan. He was new to this area and this land, and he didn’t wish to ruin it just yet without leaving a visible mark. “Now that we’ve established my heritage, what of yours? That accent reeks of the lowest of the low. I can barely understand a word that you’re saying.”

Mkhai’s first language hadn’t even been English, and yet he felt decidedly proud of his own language comprehension skills. Overall he was immensely proud, but anything to put himself above others only heightened his arrogance. He’d learned first the bare minimum of his second tongue from his mother and from his teachers, then from traders that’d visited and passed through Alexandria, and last from any and all books that he could lay his clawed hands on. A prince must be educated—far more educated than any commoner that resided within the city. “Did they come from the junkyard you were born in?” he asked, wrinkling his nose at the other’s outward appearance and peculiar style of dress. He was just being offensive now, and he loved it.

table by sie.

<style>
.mkhai-a01 p {padding:0px 25px 5px 25px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.mkhai-a01 b {color:#420E01;}
.mkhai-a01 {background-color:#C3AB82; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010apr/mkhai.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 200px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: arial, serif; font-size:11px; color:#1E140A; letter-spacing:.1px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.mkhai-a01-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.mkhai-a01-separator{width:350px; border-bottom:1px dotted #911E01; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
ooc - omg i am currently in Georgia and i am surrounded by southern accents Big Grin

A very "proud" individual such as Mkhai was something to handle carefully for Cassius. He didn't want to get sucked into a fight, nor did he want to be rude and ignore him. He had to stay on a balanced line in between, although that line was bound to get blurred. Cass stayed in a neutral status as much as he could, although he couldn't help showing some irritation. "Yeah, tha's true," he responded simply. He left it at that. Then Mkhai continued with his pompus words, and Cass remained composed. "Accent don't mean nothin' 'bout a person or where they're from." This kid probably wouldn't listen, but he still felt like he needed to voice his own opinion. "'S what a person does for their pack, 's what matters. And fer yer information, I done came up 'ere from Nawlins. Took me two years."

Cassius was technically American, and so only knew English. His accent may be a little different than what most were used to. He was proud of his heritage, no matter how insignificant it was. It was probably just an American way of thinking. Mkhai, however, did not have the "American" way of thinking. Mkhai obviously thought that Cass was quite uneducated, since he acted as if Cassius knew nothing. That happened to be the complete opposite of the truth. "Well," he started in a very "matter-of-fact" fashion. "I din't come from no juckyard, even though I'd be done proud 'f it. I may be done more educated than y'all think. I earned my status in this here pack, an' i suggest y'all respect yer elders."

Word Count: 200+

[/html]