Tick Tick Tick
[html]
OOC: darn shorties lol

Today was a reather quiet day the rain had started down as a drizzle so he stayed inside the Chien Hotel in hopes at keeping dry, he was sitting in the main room rather than his own room. It would feel like he was too cooped up in his own room, at least here he had more room. He also knew the egg was about to hatch, he didn’t know when but he could feel the movement of the chick inside. he was excited and he didn’t know what to do with himself, he wasn’t going to check on his trap today, it was too rainy and he was sure he didn’t catch anything although the bait was probably soggy by now, he was pacing around the room watching the little egg, he’d uncovered it, and was staring at the grey speckled thing moving this way and that. He was so excited he didn’t know what to do. He knew this would be the best thing that ever happened to him in his life. Only a day before he thought that his egg wasn’t going to hatch and now here it was full of life, he unstrapped the sling to hold the twitching egg in his hands before him. What could be better than this?

<style type="text/css"> .niro-a01 b{font-weight:bold; color:#4B73D8; letter-spacing:1px; } .niro-a01 p{text-indent:25px; padding:0px 10px 10px 15px; margin:0px;} .niro-a01{width:425px; background-color:#BCC7E7; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/nirotable.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 265px 0px; font-family: 'trebuchet ms', sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3A4A6C; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style> [/html]
[html]

;P No biggie hun.

WC: 607

The day had begun soft and heavy, the heavens hanging low as fog before opening quietly into a drizzle. Most would prefer to be inside on a day like this, tucked away warm and cozy beside an open hearth or beneath a feathery blanket… but not Sylvie. The ten-month old teenager had been out and about, gypsy movements gracing her light Optime gait as the mists curled about her slim frame. After dancing with the ghostly tendrils of heaven’s dreams for naught less than an hour, the sopping wet she-dog slipped into the door of the Chien Hotel, carefully passing over the well-known creaking boards in the entranceway.

Shadowed fingers played and dappled across the young woman’s soft body, creeping out of whatever crack or crevice the rickety building could offer. Droplets of water clung to fluffed pale chocolate fur, glistening in the firelight of the Chien Hotel’s creaking hearth as Sylvie paused to take a quick look around. Vagabond’s amethyst gems sought little consolation from the quiet main lobby, where naught more than a week ago Vigilante had been crowned the latest ruler of their humble pack. What a day that had been, her own reintroduction to the world of her cousins and comrades alongside Vigi’s ascendance into his rightful place. A number of determined goals had surfaced in her mind, one of requiems and charities to those she knew pained by Jacquez’s vanishing act, one of those with whom she planned to reconnect… Caillen, her closest friend, Alaine, her loving foster mother, and Ruri, her blood sister, and one spanning the entire pack, covering meeting and learning from them all.

Nodding her agreement with these plans, Sylvie offered no one in particular a smile. With a gypsy’s flare, the teenager swept into the room, her soft yellow dress, now a tad too short in light of her developing figure, touched light kisses upon soft thighs before settling into a somewhat flattering position about her body. She took note of a fellow packmate eying a treasure in his hands, its twitching shell testament to the golden life within preparing to come forth into the world. Intrigued, the teen padded over to the male in question, lovely lilac eyes wide with child-like wonder. She had never seen an egg hatch before… this would be a definite first.

“Pardon my intrusion, sir…” She said, her speech fluid, hinting only slightly of her once prominent French accent. “But, would you mind if I watched your… pet hatch?” For lack of a better term, pet seemed to fit best. The egg surely held something awesome, or the male would not have it, right? But what was in it? Familiar troves of questions probed the girl’s mind, reminiscent of her younger days. These did not spill forth from slender maw as they once did, however, instead they stayed swirling about in her mind, curiously poking about.

Her thoughts jumped back into the present as she realized her lack of manners. Offering a somewhat roguish smile, Sylvie quickly gave an introduction of herself. “Oh! I’m sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. I am Sylvie Ciel… Alaine’s… um, daughter, and Ruri’s… little sister.” She was still deciding on just how to title herself with the other dogs and wolves of their pack- she was Ruri’s little sister, and as Ruri was highly ranked, she didn’t want to make it too obvious lest people thought she wanted them to tread lightly with her. Alaine, as the healer, was highly respected, and also had a well-known rank. But how did one mention this without seeming… too proud? She would work on that.

Talk. Think. Walk.

<style type="text/css">
.sylvie-everythingyouneed b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffebff; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif;font-size:11px;}
.sylvie-everythingyouneed i {font-weight:italic; color:#ffebff; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif;font-size:11px;}
.ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;text-align:right;color:#ffebff;}
.sylvie-everythingyouneed p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.sylvie-everythingyouneed {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#9390b9; background-image:url(http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l65/J ... point0.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:5px double #ffebff; padding: 430px 0px 20px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#ffc6ff; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
WC:449

OOC: this is what a Golden eagle looks like!: http://www.wildlifeextra.com/images/golden-eagle_chicks.JPG

He was watching it so intently he didn’t see the sopping wet wolf come in at all, or move around, he didn’t even hear it, all he could hear was the little ticking of the beak of his newly hatching eagle against the thick armor that held it. Until he heard her speak. Then he turned around, his heart going to his throat and was a younger wolf near him, at her question, he smiled, although it hurt to hear his new companion be called a pet, he didn’t blame her, everyone thought that until he made sure they understood, it was a companion and a friend, and he didn’t really own it, although it would have many limitations than an actual wild bird.

Yes, go right ahead, and he won’t really be a pet, he’ll be my companion.

He said, holding the egg in cupped hands toward the younger wolf, the beak was starting to break through the shell now, his heart about almost stopped but he heard her introduction and his attention went on his wolf companion.

It is very nice to meet you, I have met Ayita as well as Ruri, they are very nice wolves, I’m glad that we are of the same pack,

He was going to add about how she didn’t look a whole lot like her mother, and he couldn’t even tell the similarities of her sister, but when she’d hesitated Niro decided not to mention anything, he knew when to keep his mouth shut. Then he turned his face back onto the tiny little hatching, it’s beak was fully out for a few secnds before pulling in, he could see the slime from the fluid that was in the egg, and soon the slimy beak forced the hole bigger. This was the most magical moment Niro could ever have. To see the coming of a bird of prey, who was now struggling to get out of the most easiest things to break, soon its journey through life will start and he would be the one to guide through. He hoped he would be a good imprint father to the bird. The head of the bird was out, entirely engulfed in the goo from the egg, he too what shell the bird had already broken, being careful not to touch any other part of the egg, he knew this was a journey the chick must take on his own or he wouldn’t survive. And if he did, he’d be quite weak. He only helped with the already finished shell, and cleaned a little off with a towel he’d had in his hands when he found out the chick was going to hatch.

<style type="text/css"> .niro-a01 b{font-weight:bold; color:#4B73D8; letter-spacing:1px; } .niro-a01 p{text-indent:25px; padding:0px 10px 10px 15px; margin:0px;} .niro-a01{width:425px; background-color:#BCC7E7; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/nirotable.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 265px 0px; font-family: 'trebuchet ms', sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3A4A6C; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style> [/html]
[html]

Hmm. Didn't know the chicks were so small. O: Golden Eagles are among the larger of the Raptors, if not the largest living, aren't they?

WC: 517

Despite her considerably noticeable entrance, the wolf brute before her hasn't noticed young Sylvie's presence until she had spoken, that lilting french accent calling him back from his excitement. He appeared startled as he realized her existence, somewhat taken aback by her almost phantom-like arrival. But at her question, his startled expression faltered, and was replaced by a handsome smile. His response made Sylvie gleeful- she could certainly watch the young bird hatch, and now that she knew a better word for the wolf's relationship with the bird, the lovely lilac collie could make use of it next time.

"Oh, thank you very much!"

Said she, eagerly bending over his outstretched hands for a better look. She was shorter than he, for certain, so she stood partially upon white-dipped tippy toes to see still better as the little chick began to break the shell, its' beak poking and prodding through the sticky membrane beneath the hardened white armor. What kind of bird would hatch, she wondered? It was certainly a raptor, judging by the curve of its little beak, but of what sorts? It was here she remembered to introduce herself, but the wolf-boy's response had her curious.

Did he just say "Ayita"? But her foster mother was Alaine. Hadn't she said Alaine? Frowning slightly, the she-dog took in the male before her. She still didn't know his name, but judging by his leanly muscled body, and his young face, he wasn't much older than Sylvie, perhaps by a few months... and then she paid closer attention to how absorbed he was in the hatching fledgling. Perhaps he had misheard her, because he was so sucked into the hatching before them? Of course, a hatching egg didn't wait for anybody, so instead of immediately correcting him, like she wanted to, Sylvie paid more attention to the egg he held.

The tiny little hatching's beak was fully out for a few seconds before pulling in, coated in the slime from the life-giving fluids within the enclosed egg, and soon the slimy beak forced the hole bigger. It appeared to struggle to get out the most easiest thing to break- something Sylvie did not yet understand. It was so simply for her to pick up an egg and crack it with her claws, or drop it upon a rock... but this little thing was having trouble. Her thoughts whirled with reasons as the white, sticky head peeked out, entirely engulfed in the stringy, clear stuff it had survived on since being laid. She watched as her pack mate took what shell the bird had already broken, being careful not to touch any other part of the egg. The silvery male only helped with the already finished shell, and cleaned a little off with a towel he had.

Sylvie pondered this too. Why didn't the male help the chick at all? Surely, if it was to be his companion, as he said, he would help it hatch, wouldn't he? Help it come into the world with strength and ease? That would mean helping it break the egg. And yet this strange wolf didn't. Why?

Talk. Think. Walk.

<style type="text/css">
.sylvie-everythingyouneed b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffebff; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif;font-size:11px;}
.sylvie-everythingyouneed i {font-weight:italic; color:#ffebff; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif;font-size:11px;}
.ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;text-align:right;color:#ffebff;}
.sylvie-everythingyouneed p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.sylvie-everythingyouneed {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#9390b9; background-image:url(http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l65/J ... point0.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:5px double #ffebff; padding: 430px 0px 20px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#ffc6ff; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... /Niro2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:60px; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; line-height:13px; ">

OOC:Oh hey I made a erally cool boo boo lol and yeah they are pretty small compared to their full size, it's amazing, I did learn from a kids show... that even dinosaurs like the t rex, brachiosaurus didn't lay eggs any bigger than a basketball(which is only slightly bigger than an ostrich egg) due to the shell being too thick to let in the air that the baby animal needed ^^ YAY for learning. anyway I made a really cool boo boo hahaha i'll pretend it's an on purpose one too lol.

WC: 357

-------

It wasn’t long before the chick had made room enough for his whole body to squeeze out, this was what Niro had been waiting for. He looked at Sylvie and nodded towards the chair and put the struggling chick on it, he wiggled and squeezed trhough, his too big talons pressing against the opposite wall of the egg, hidden. Niro felt like a proud father as he watched the bird slowly come out. He was entirely entranced in the eagle before him, now forgetting his pack mate, it was not time for talk but to cheer the bird on as it came into the world. And finally his last leg pulled through the damaged egg. Niro was ecstatic in such a way that his glee on his face showed both his companions he wanted to dance around the room. This was what he’d been waiting for, for several weeks!

He carefully took the cloth he had and stared cleaning the whole of the bird where the shell was still stuck to him. The little eagle was shaking now and his beak was open mostly because he was tired, but also because he was hungry, Niro grabbed some of his dried meat he had as rations and started chewing at the small piece he had in his mouth and then took it out, to put it inside the bird’s beak who snapped at it willingly. Niro was just too happy, then he remembered the packmate he’d entirely ignored, and flushed. Remembering what he’d forgotten he tried to be courteous at all times, but he was just too excited about it all.

I am So sorry! I just got caught up in this, my name is Niro, Niro Takekuro, it really is a pleasure to meet you, and I’m glad you got to witness this with me.

He said hoping that made up for some of his rude behavior. His mother had taught him better, and he felt ashamed for that reason. Niro gave Sylvie a smile. It was nice to meet new faces, even after he’d been here fr so long, this whole pack was so widely spread.

[/html]