Knowing whom I serve
300+
[html]

For Vigilante

The leadership of the pack had changed. Though it seemed to have little, if any effect on daily life. The absence of the prior king had left it's mark though and not everyone was as unaffected by the change as the amber hued fem was. Ruri certainly suffered from the loss of Jac. Anann had not visited the Dauphine or Marshall since the event. Though she did attempt to fill the gap left at the stables in Heath's absence. Knowing that Ruri needed him far more than the horses at the stables right now.

It was seldom a goal of Anann to seek out her pack mates. She had a meet a few now and figured the number would grow over time. However, she was determined to meet the new king sooner rather than later. She had no concern with his ability or right to lead the pack but she did feel that she should know who it was she followed. Even if he rule was loose. She would follow no man blindly. Having waited for things to settle down after the pack meeting, Anann now road towards the once port town where she had heard Vigilante might live.

The hotel where the meeting had been held had been full of many scents and Anann wasn't quite sure just which scent she should be searching for. The fact that few of the houses in the area seemed to be in current use and so the process of elimination was swift. A bluish-green house smelled of a family, as well as the scent of a horse. One Anann did not recognize from the stables. Dismounting, Anann walked to the door, giving a quick rasp of the knuckles she waited for her knock to be answered. Rem stood where she had dismounted, standing still and poised as a statue.

<style type="text/css">
.anann003 b {font-weight:bold; color:#8fb5b6; letter-spacing:1px; }
.anann003ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#c7dadb; text-align:right;}
.anann003 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.anann003 {margin:0 auto; width:347px; background-color:#000200; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ann003.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #aebabb; padding: 200px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#aebabb; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

I am super sorry for the delay! 300+ words.

Nádherné stared at the doggish man, nostrils flaring at the intrusion to his sizable makeshift stable. Vigilante had decided that today was a good day to tidy up the inside, so he had turned the blood bay stallion loose. Unfortunately, the stallion was less than amused by the sight of the King kneeling in his stable, and that was making things difficult. Vigilante finally stood, emerald eyes glaring at the stallion, though it was not real anger or annoyance. The man and horse had a strange relationship. Vigilante did not ride Nádherné, and he did not use him for anything. Generally, the stallion stayed by the house, something he did of his own choosing. His homemade stable did not even have a door. The relationship between them was one of friends, he supposed, though he did not quite know if that was an appropriate description. Really, he just took care of the horse, because the horse had chose him ages ago.

"Fine," he said, brushing at his knees some as he stood, knowing that there was a bit of dirt on both of them from kneeling for so long. "You win. I will let you be." Vigilante ran a hand down the stallion's nose, an affectionate gesture for the stallion that he still found so mysterious. Leaving Nádherné to do whatever it was that he did when he was alone in the back yard, the doggish man entered the house through the back door. He did not get very far down the hallway before a knock sounded at his door. Without a moment's hesitation, the King changed his direction to the front door. When he opened it, he recognized the woman from the meeting, though he was unsure of her name. "Hello," he said pleasantly, curious to know the reason for the visit. It was not often that he had visitors at his house.

<style type="text/css">
.vigitrees1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#223E61; letter-spacing:1px;}
.vigitrees1ooc {font-style:italic; color:#86D9AD; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.vigitrees1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.vigitrees1 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#70B186; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... itrees.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 215px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#485D57; line-height:11px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
300+
[html]

no worries dear

After knocking at the door and taking a step back Anann quickly ran her fingers through her short mane and hackles. Giving herself a quick once over to make sure she was as presentable as she could be. It was only a matter of a few seconds before she could hear someone at the other side of the door. Proud and confident she still felt the edge of nervousness as the door came open. Having only seen the new king at the meeting she didn't know exactly what to expect. She had some idea though and knew this would be a much different meeting the one she had had with the previous king. Jacquez had been an arrogant man that loved to have his ego stroked, among other things she was sure. It was his arrogance and pride that had somehow drawn others around him. Perhaps if she had been there at the time she might better understand how the seemingly rogue dog had come to be a king, other than his simple lust for affection.

Thus Anann used a much simpler approach this time, unlike the flare she had used when tracking down the last king. "Hello, sir. I hope I did not catch you at a bad time." She bowed her head in respect, lowing her eyes for but a moment before returning to the proud posture she typically held. Submissive nature was not something she practiced but she was not above showing due respect to her superiors. "I was hoping I could get to know my king. If you have the time that is." There was no pressing business that had brought her here. Just the simple need to know who it was that was in charge of things. From what she saw before her now and what she had seen at the meeting she had no reason for concern. Simply it was hard for Anann to think herself under the command of some one she never met nor held conversation with.

<style type="text/css">
.anann003ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#c7dadb; text-align:right;}
.anann003 {margin:0 auto; width:347px; background-color:#000200; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ann003.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #aebabb; padding: 200px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#aebabb; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

300+ words.

It was rare for anyone to seek him out at home, though he supposed that it would be different now, considering his new position in the pack. Before, he had been the Constable, someone known but whose duties were mainly regarding the protection and security of the pack. He had remained someone that was not of immediate interest to most of the pack members, as far as he was aware. Of course that would change now that he was the King, but it still came as a surprise. He took it as a sign that, at the very least, this member accepted him as the new leader. There had been no open objections at the meeting, but he could not help but harbor the mild concern that problems would arise. He knew that many of the pack members were very fond of and very loyal to Jacquez, and to have his dethroning announced by the new King could have easily angered some of the members. It seemed that it hadn't, thankfully.

"Absolutely," he said, holding the door open for her. "My mate and adopted daughter are not at home, but we could talk inside if you would like, or outside if you would prefer, though my stallion is out back and he is none too pleased that I just cleaned his stable," he admitted with a chuckle. Still, the back deck had a table and chairs, worn from the weather and the decades without the humans, but still usable. He would leave the decision-making up to her, however, as he did not know if she would want to leave her own horse outside unsupervised, or if she would even feel comfortable inside his home. Some considered it imposing, though he thought that if he invited her in, then it certainly was not.

<style type="text/css">
.vigitrees1ooc {font-style:italic; color:#86D9AD; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.vigitrees1 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#70B186; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... itrees.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 215px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#485D57; line-height:11px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
300+
[html]

The back porch sounds like a nice spot =)

The friesian stallion had stood attentive and still. Waiting only to see if his wolf companion would be staying or if they would be promptly leaving. As soon as things seemed to be going well he trotted off, head still held high. There was no way he was going to simply stand around and wait until she was ready to go. He wanted to search the town, he loved the fruit bearing trees that could sometimes be found near the abandoned old dwellings. While there wouldn't be any fruits this time of year he would remember their locations.

Anann paid her horse no attention as he fled the scene. He would stay within range of her whistle and it wasn't like she had any real control anyways. Truly a team of equals. Her relationship with the horse was something few would understand. He had been a large part of her upbringing, much like a father. He was the foundation her life was built upon. They understood each other completely and their trust was boundless.

It was her relationship with the horse that had kept Anann from the racist views that had filled the culture of her last home. Many would be appalled at the idea of her under the leadership of a dog king. A sentiment she obviously didn't share as she stood before him now. She respected his position but she was not nervous to stand before him as some might be. The talk of his stallion naturally catching her attention. "Would it be alright if we could go out back, then? I would like to meet your stallion, if that's alright." She hoped it would not seem intruding. She smiled warmly before suddenly realizing she had failed to give him her name yet. "Oh my, how rude I've been, I'm Anann Kelevra." She said extending a hand. "Jacquez accepted me shortly before disappearing, I believe."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Slight PP, hope it is okay! If not, let me know. And sorry, very short.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Anann." He paused, unsure of whether or not she knew his name. "I'm Vigilante Haskel... I'm really not sure if I properly introduced myself to everyone that the meeting, I'm afraid. Out back is fine," he said, leading the way to the back door and exiting, holding the door for her. As they stood on the porch, Nádherné glanced at them briefly, snorting in what most would perceive as discontent. Vigilante, however, knew that it was just the stallion's way of greeting them. The dog King moved down the three steps from the deck, running his hand down the horse's nose. "This is Nádherné," he said, "and he decided one day to follow me here. We have a very... Odd relationship, I suppose." Vigilante chuckled, before turning to her again. "Does your horse often wander?" He did not see a problem with it, exactly, but it did seem a bit strange that he had just taken off.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

short is fine and omg at all the joiners lately xD

Anann had learned the name of the king from the others. Though she had not known his full name. The pleasure is all mine. She said as they made their way through his home. Lovely home you have. She add simply being polite. She hardly looked around his home as they passed through its walls. Feeling its contents were hardly any of her business.

She couldn't help but chuckle lightly as they were greeted with a snort as they stepped out on the deck. So similar to the attitude of her own equine companion. The black stallion reserving his knicker as a greeting to a select few. Most earned a snort and if very unlucky a well aimed snotty snort. Magnificent stallion. Beautiful color. Anann commented as she followed him down the few steps. She had never seen a blood bay before. She held out a hand to let the horse sniff her if he wished. She never tried to force the first contact with such a creature, that was to be their decision. Nice to meet you Nádherné.

Rem and Anann had their own odd relationship. Often hardly worth the trouble of explanation. oh yes. He has always been free to come and go as he pleases. He won't be a bother to anyone, I assure you. So long as they didn't bother him anyways. She felt sorry for anyone that might attempt to make a meal of the fierce horse. So, do you ride? He said their relations was odd but she had little idea in what since he had meant.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

I know. :o So many! WotD: Fathom. 300+ words.

Nádherné sniffed the strange woman's hand, but that was the extent of their contact. He nudged Vigilante's shoulder roughly, a strange and fond greeting for the luperci, before he moved away from the two of them, having already grown bored with their presence. The two were close, but they both tended to leave on another alone, and that seemed to suit Nádherné just fine. The dog mutt shook his head half-heartedly as he watched the stallion stalk away from them. The horse certainly had a mind of his own and an occasionally abrasive personality. Their bond was different than the bond shared between Haven and Drogon, certainly. For one thing, Drogon seemed to actually listen to what Haven had to say. Nádherné probably could not have cared less.

Vigilante moved back on to the porch, gesturing the chairs for Anann to sit and relax. He would sit after she did, as was only proper. In response to her question, he shook his head. "No, I don't. I think that might be part of what is odd about our relationship. I do not ride, and have no intentions of doing so, and I do not use him for any working purposes, either. I suppose he just... Lives here, and we're friends." He idd not know how to explain it at all, but he did enjoy the relationship he shared with the stallion. He could not fathom why the horse had chosen to follow him home that day, but he was very happy that Nádherné had.

Judging from what she had said, he could only assume that she had not been a member of the pack for more than a few months, at best. "How are you liking the pack?" he inquired, curious to know what she thought of living here.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
300+[html]

She felt the warm, moist air from the stallions nostrils on her finger pads. It was the extent of their introduction but it was satisfactory for the amber hued woman. She liked the horses attitude and couldn't help but be amused at the rather rough affection he gave the king. There is nothing wrong with that. I find it quite reassuring that you're able to see him as more of an equal than a creature of servitude. It helped gauge the character of Vigilante. She found his name rather strange but as of yet she had found no major fault in the man nor heard anyone speak ill of him. She had never been able to say that about the womanizing king he had replaced. It seemed everyone had found some fault in the collie king. Though everyone had their fault as no soul was perfect.

Anann took a seat on the porch. Oddly enough the only problem Anann had had so far settling into her new home was the lack of responsibility she now had. Used to helping guide a city of hundreds she found herself a bit lost at times with her lack of duty. It seemed most in the pack were self sufficient. Its quite different from where I came from, but I like it here quite well. I find myself with more free time than I know what to do with I suppose is my only complaint. She said with a light life. All in all she couldn't be happier with were she ended up. First day in this region I ran into Heath in the neutral territories. He ended up giving me a tour of the place. Rem had lost a lot of weight on our journey east so I bartered with him for room and board for the stallion. You can blame him for my ending up here I guess.

How about you, how do you like being leader of this merry band of misfits? It had been her first impression of the pack and while she found herself content and making several friends she still rather liked her crude summery of the pack. It seemed many had ventured here for a fresh start.

<style type="text/css">
.anann003 b {font-weight:bold; color:#8fbbb5b6; letter-spacing:1px; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

♥ WotD: Macabre! 300+ words.

"I think he appreciates it, as well," was all that he said in response. Though he had no proof of the sentiment, Vigilante did not expect that the stallion would stay with him if he were not treated as an equal with the utmost respect. Nádherné would not tolerate being treated as anything less, absolutely, and the caramel-colored King could not ever see himself treating the stallion as anything less than a trusted equal, either.

The Haskel man listened to what she had to say intently, jade eyes studying her while she spoke, dark ears absorbing each word as they were vocalized. He always focused on what the others were saying in a conversation, but it had become even more important to him now, if possible, that he had risen to the respected rank of King. Most seemed to enjoy not having to do anything specific, but he could understand the restlessness that came with sitting by idlely. "Have you considered picking up a co-rank to have a more specific sense of duty? We have many, and if you enjoy working with the horses, I'm sure Heath would appreciate the help. He is a good man." He did not have the problems with Heath that their former King did.

A faint smile graced his muzzle, and he took a moment to consider the question. Truthfully, it was still a strange sensation to realize that Jacquez was truly gone and he had been accepted as the King. "When Jacquez originally asked me to step into the rank of Constable, he had told me it was because he wanted a strong, physically, leader. He was missing an arm, and Ruri is blind. He said that I was level-headed and strong and would make a good leader. I like to think that I have lived up to his expectations, and then some." Certainly Jacquez had never expected Vigilante to usurp him, but it had been unavoidable, given the circumstances. "Being here as the leader of the pack is much different than what I had originally expected," he admitted, thoughts turning to his macabre history, "but I enjoy it. Now, I would not trade it."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
500+
[html]

Chatty Anann is chatty O.O

The stables was an obvious suggestion for Anann to find something to do with her time. The problem was she already spent a significant amount of time there whether it was just working with her own horse or helping Heath with the other duties that the vast stables complex and the horses that resided there demanded. Still she didn't know a whole lot about the co-ranks that the pack offered. Though she did know Heath as the Marshal and that Haven was the pack's knight. And she couldn't forget the odd red-headed man that had told her he was the pack's tailor. To be honest I really don't know what all co-ranks are available and which would suit me best. She was not afraid to admit to her lack of knowledge, how else was she to learn what her options were.

Indeed, he is a good man. I have been helping out Heath quite a bit at the stables already, actually. I even took over for him for awhile..after Jac's disappearance. Ruri needed him far more than the horses did. No one could argue that, the poor woman had taken the loss of the prior king quite heavily. I also plan on doing a bit of training with Haven. However Anann no longer sought to live by the sword. While she was happy enough to train and spar with the Miracles knight and she would pick up arms with out a second thought if it was ever needed of her. However, she did not want to be esquire to someone with less experience than herself nor did she wish for the rank of knight even if it was available.

Anann was far from lacking when it came to skills and perhaps why she found it so hard to be idle. Or perhaps it was vise versa. Aside from the horses and the swordplay. I am also skilled in preserving hide into buckskin. The tanning method resulted in a rather water-resistant leather that's uses were near endless. Once I've got the leather I can make bags and pouches. I also line some with bladders and stomachs to water skins. I even repaired some of the tack in the stables. The only thing I can't make is clothing. She was not sure what of her other skills she wished to divulge to the king at this time. Although if asked point blank she would not lie to him. She was comfortable with omission but not flat out lying. Besides her tales of cavalry command would probably seem far fetched coming from a seemingly unscarred woman. Though her honey-hue pelt hid more than her fair share of healed wounds.

While Anann had rambled on about her skills and trades, she had looked mostly at the back yard and surroundings. Rather enjoying the porch. Perhaps Heath was right and she should build one on her yet-to-built cabin. While Vigilante spoke however, she looked only to the king, taking in his every word. His words bring a smile to her face. I haven't known you long, I realize, but I think are much more suited for this than Jacquez. He had charisma, but I found it hard to see much else in him. Her judgment might have been a bit harsh, after all she had hardly known him either. At his last statement Anann nearly had to bite her tongue to keep from asking a rather inappropriate question. If it was best for the pack, would you leave it then? She was thankful her brain-to-mouth filter worked well, most of time.

<style type="text/css">
.anann003ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif;

font-size:12px; color:#c7dadb; text-align:right;}
.anann003 {margin:0 auto; width:347px; background-color:#000200;

background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/allifitz/an

ann003.jpg); background-position:top center;

background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #aebabb; padding: 200px

0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#aebabb;

line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Late Meghann is late! xD; 300+ words.

The newly-crowned King listened with interest as she spoke of the skills she posessed, some of them surprising him. He did not know her well at all, of course; before now, only by name. However, he had not expected her to have much interest in swords, if only because it was something not many worked with here. He knew that Haven did, but otherwise, he had never seen anyone using a sword. It was something he did not see often, which was likely the only reason it surprised him the slightest bit. "You seem well-versed in many things," he mused. "Perhaps you might find that you enjoy teaching others about your skills?" Aside from listing every single co-rank the pack had, he did not know how he could help her find something suitable, but he could give her ideas. "If there is anything that interests you, perhaps there is a job similar, or one could be created for you." Making a new and official duty based on something she was interested in was not impossible.

He found is comforting to know that Anann thought him suitable for the job. "I think it is better to hear it from those that don't know you well," he admitted, considering the idea. "Those that know you well want to make you happy, or they want to support you. Those that don't know you... If there is something unfitting, they don't seem to worry about pointing it out. It's so different from where I come from," he added ruefully. The idea of letting the words settle on just that, however, did not sit well with him. The statement left it too open-ended, and questions could be asked. Now that he was the King, though, he wondered if it was even acceptable to be vague about his past. He frowned slightly, then decided to ask her a question to direct the conversation. "What was it that brought you here?" Well, it was not much of a way to alter the course of the conversation, but it was enough of one to satisfy the dog mutt of a King.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
300+[html]

Table by Gen
haha I never realized how much time Anann actually spends teaching people things, til Vigil brought it up. Actually I'm kinda interested in Reeve, but I don't know how to bring it up cause I think Anann would find it a little rude to ask for such a position because she realizes how little she really know about the surrounding packs. Though she does want to learn and it would give her a reason too.

Knowledge had always been important in Tosawi. It was the core of what the city was and the only thing left behind by the last race that held any real value. At least in the eyes of the wolves that had built Tosawi. So it was only natural, with her family being at the top of the hierarchy that she had ample education as well as training. I have never really thought of teaching. Though if someone asked for her help it was as if she would turn them away. She mulled it over, not sure if it would really be the best thing for her. My leather is how I planned to make myself of use, but I will lend a hand wherever it is needed. There was little in life that Anann had ever done purely for herself. Perhaps it was breed into her as much as it taught, to put the good of the many before the good of one. Back home some of the responsibilities I took were making sure there was enough wood to feed the winter fires. Plantings and harvesting happened as they should. She did not know if those were things that were already taken care of or if everyone was responsible for themselves here. It was a much different lifestyle here.

Anann doubted it was easy to be king. Oh, it was good to be king, yes, but easy, doubtful. Or afraid to fall from your good graces. She added to the end of his list, knowing all to well what he spoke of. Tongues also wagged more freely to a turned back, though she had heard nothing ill of Vigilante. In truth she had not heard any words of gossip from her pack mates really. The only exception would probably be the red-headed tailor.

In truth, Anann did not want to talk anymore about from where and why she came. The subject seemed unavoidable though and she had expected would come up eventually, it always did. Fate I suppose. She said half jokingly. I found myself on the wrong side of an unjust war. Fight or Leave. Those had been her only options really. I could not fight for a cause I didn't believe in. A cause that would stain the city and all who dwelled within. So I traveled east, until I ran into Heath. Though the smell of the sea had already told her she had traveled as far as she dared.

<style type="text/css">
.annanfence b {font-weight:bold; color:#d1a876; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.annanfence-ooc {font-style:italic; padding: 5px 30px 5px 30px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#d1a876;text-align:center;}
.annanfence p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 25px 1px 25px; margin:0px;}
.annanfence-border {width:370px; border:1px solid #876439; margin:0 auto;}
.annanfence {margin:0 auto; width:368px; background-color:#fcf2e1; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... gtable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fff; padding: 0px 0px 265px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#876439; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
.annanfence-divider {width:250px; border-bottom:1px solid#876439; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

300+ words.

That reminds me that I never.... answered a PM I remember getting. As for the Reeve co-rank, I think any thread with a pack member/about a pack where she learns anything would count as a thread? :3

Vigilante had taken some time before he had decided he wanted to learn to work with metal, and it had been even longer before he had felt comfortable asking for the official co-rank of being a Blacksmith. He was not concerned that she would never find her job. "You'll find something you enjoy doing officially, I'm sure, although you could always be a jack of many trades, so to speak, if you enjoy it." As it had always been stated, it was not required for members of the Miracles pack to do much to live there. Vigilante was not as lenient as Jacquez had been in regards to this—he felt that the pack's members should do what they could to pull their own weight and then some—but it was not as pressing here as with other packs.

The King grimaced inwardly. "I suppose that's also very possible, though I hope I am considered approachable about things." Vigilante did not want to think that his pack members were afraid to bring up any concerns with him. He tried very hard to make himself available to his pack members, and he was willing to try even harder if it was necessary. Anann was proof enough that there were at least some pack members who did not know him well who were still able to approach him easily. That pleased him a good bit, indeed.

"That is very respectable," he said. "There are many who do as they're told without much thought, and it is honorable that you chose not to fight for something you did not believe in. Are you happy with the decision you made?" That was the most important part, of course, and he hoped that she did not regret it. It was not worth living with regrets. He knew this personally.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
300+[html]

So sorry for the wait on this x.x

Anann would find one way or another to make herself of some use. She was hardly the type to loaf around and take the fact that she had a home and pack for granted. Simply she did not know how to live without some sort of responsibility. Not after so much of it had been placed on her at such a young age. She was not spiteful of the fact and had learned how to shoulder such pressure remarkably well. Perhaps what she really needed was to learn to calm down and relax, enjoy the finer points of life a bit. "I'm sure you're right." In time she would find where she would be of the most use. Cour des Miracles was slowly but surely becoming the place she felt she belonged.

The words had slipped from her maw, a thought that had made itself known. "You seem approachable enough to me," she said with a smile. She was sitting on his very porch, was she not? She had sought his audience, but she had not quite expected to be invited into his home as she had been. "More so than I expected, honestly." Her father had also claimed the title of king. He had not been an approachable man at all. Jacquez too, had had a certain air about him that could make some find him intimidating to approach. She had found that real kings were far from the men described in fairy tales.

The choice to leave had not been an easy one to make. She had struggled for a time with feelings of regret and remorse. The act was against the very core of her upbringing and the responsibilities she had shouldered. Still she believed she had made the right choice and in the end she had been able to come to terms with what regrets she did have. Dedicated enough to her decision that she had discarded her true surname in exchange for the title given to deserters and traitors. "I had my regrets, for a time. It was not a choice I had wanted to make, but I did not want to look back on my life with shame, excusing my actions because it was what I had been told to do." Conscience and Virtue were not something to be discarded because they became inconvenient.

<style type="text/css">

.ananngitz01a b {font-weight:bold; color:#cccccc; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ananngitz01a-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#232323; text-align:left;}
.ananngitz01a p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.ananngitz01a {margin:0 auto; width:417px; background-color:#0f1012; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... evra01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #cccccc; padding: 240px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#272727; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.ananngitz01a-border1 {width:419px; border:1px solid #2d2921; margin:0 auto;}
.ananngitz01a-line1 {width:387px; border-bottom:1px dotted #1a1a1a; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]

Same. >_>; We could prolly wrap up soon?

Nothing more was seemingly needed to be said about her finding a job within the pack, so Vigilante allowed the subject to drop as she did. Everyone found what they were meant to do with time. He had been born and bred to kill sinners, and though he believed what he had done was right, he was now meant to lead this pack of misfits and mutts, drawn together by a wayward former King who had just as quickly abandoned them. This was nothing that he could have expected for himself, but Vigilante had found that he was happy in the position he had seemingly fallen into. The King could not imagine going backwards now. He was glad, as well, to hear that she found him approachable. "Thank you for telling me that," he responded honestly. It meant a great deal to hear it spoken aloud by someone who hardly knew him.

He nodded as she spoke, processing the words and even relating them to his own life. It was a similar situation in that he had worked his way through his regrets, making his way through them so that they no longer plagued him. "It is important to be comfortable with your decisions in life, even if it means moving past your regrets," or at least, it always had been for him. Eyes of knowing jade moved across the yard, settling on the form of his stallion once more. They had found one another and he suspected that having the horse to care for had helped him move away from his past.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
300+[html]

This post is terribad I sorries x.x we can close it here?

"It is a hard lesson to learn, that doing the right thing is rarely the easy thing. Easier than living with a heavy heart though, I imagine." Anann's upbringing had focused on taking the action that was best for the whole. Her own needs had never been of much importance to the woman. Finding there was more gratification if making sure the needs of those around her were taken care of. It was only in her absence that change would be possible in Tosawi and change was sorely needed.

Anann was content sitting on the porch in her king's company. Content with the man she found herself serving. She had known little about him before her visit, which it's very purpose was to expand that knowledge. There seemed to be some sort of mutual understanding between them. While neither of them spoke in depth of their pasts his words held something that made her feel he truly understood the underlying point. "Vigilante, I want you to know you have my loyalty and my respect." She had looked him straight in the eye she spoke, though bowing her head once she had finished. "It's been a pleasure getting to know you today, my lord." Being far more formal that she typically was, though she felt such was fitting for the circumstances.

"I had not know what to think of my new king before this day." She had not been overly concerned, but still the sudden change in leadership had been unexpected and the man taking the throne had then been unknown to her. "I do believe the proper man is on the throne, you seem...righteous, if that is not to bold." There had been a wisdom in his words. And he seemed to have a cool and level head. "For now though, I think I will take my leave and let you get back to your day. It has been a pleasure." She gave him a warm smile before letting out a whistle. The soft beating of hooves could be heard growing closure in the distance.

<style type="text/css">

.ananngitz01a b {font-weight:bold; color:#cccccc; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ananngitz01a-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#232323; text-align:left;}
.ananngitz01a p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.ananngitz01a {margin:0 auto; width:417px; background-color:#0f1012; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... evra01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #cccccc; padding: 240px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#272727; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.ananngitz01a-border1 {width:419px; border:1px solid #2d2921; margin:0 auto;}
.ananngitz01a-line1 {width:387px; border-bottom:1px dotted #1a1a1a; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]

works for me~

The regret and pain he had felt after Martyr's sacrifice had been an extremely heavy burden for him. The regret was for himself for listening to what he had been raised to believe, and the pain for knowing that she had wanted that end so that she might end the troubles her son was causing. It had been in vain, though, hed learned this past winter when Lolita had found him. Pello had not changed in the least, and rather, got worse. That had reopened the wound, but he had always done what he felt was better for the whole. It had been his upbringing. What he wanted had little to do with it, had never even affected it in the least.

The King listened intently as she spoke, taking in what she said while keeping his expression as calm as possible, a faint smile present. Inwardly, he was incredibly pleased knowing that she felt that way. Jacquez had been well-liked by many of the pack's members, that was for certain, even if he had not been the most responsible of kings. The caramel-colored dog hoped that other pack members felt the same way as Anann, and he also hoped they might share such thoughts with him. "Thank you. That means a great deal to me," the Haskel man said, speaking honestly. "I am glad you came by today so that we could speak like this. It was a pleasure."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]