Bright White Sunshine
[html]

All welcome! Only one, maaaaybe two, please! 300+ words.

It was mid-morning as the secui-formed King travelled away from his pack's territory. Things were still very calm around the Miracles pack, and Vigilante was interested in knowing more about the packs in the area. It seemed logical to begin with their closest neighbors, the pack of Dreamers. He did not know much about the pack. He knew Mati Church was a member there, and he knew that both Haven and Princess had been there at some point in their lives. Besides that, he could not recall whom he might know there. He was interested in strengthening the pack's relationship with those in the area, though, so he travelled without hesitation, covering the ground relatively quickly in his larger, even more muscular form. It was not a far journey, either way, and it was covered quickly.

As he approached the heavily-scented borders of the pack of Dreamers, the Miracles King slowed his approach out of respect. He had never done anything like this—was he meant to howl to announce his presence, or was he meant to wait ujntil someone came across him? He was not particularly picky about who he spoke with, as he simply wanted to get to know a bit about the pack. Since he expected to be there for at least a bit, he sat, curled tail settled on the ground behind him on the off chance that someone would find any form of a dominant stance unwelcome. He wanted to be as far from imposing as possible. From what he knew, the pack was a pleasant one, and he was pleased to know that they were neighbors. He remained where he was, some feet away from the actual borders, contemplating whether or not he was meant to call for someone to speak with, to learn more about the pack nearby.

<style type="text/css">
.vigitrees1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#223E61; letter-spacing:1px;}
.vigitrees1ooc {font-style:italic; color:#86D9AD; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.vigitrees1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.vigitrees1 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#70B186; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... itrees.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 215px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#485D57; line-height:11px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... itaban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Hope you don't mind me!
Wc: 764~

It had been a while since Ghita had been able to move around - and she'd missed the land every second she lay in the Manor. Still recovering from when the barn had collapsed on her, the dust-coloured fae hobbled around jerkily, lacking the usual grace she and the rest of her pack possessed. Even though weeks had flown by, and her ribs had knitted themselves back together, her hind leg was not co-operating, and was a constant source of worry and stress for her.

So Ghita moved. She moved to take her mind off of things, moved to experience her newfound home, moved to let the entirety of the land swallow her up. There were so many sounds that danced on the fingers of the wind, so many scents that lapped at ebony nostrils, and so much to see that darted just around the corner of the eye. Ghita was a child of nature, that much was certain. Even as a Marino, named 'of the sea', the tug to the outdoors was uncanny.

But perhaps it sprang from her days as a nomad, wearing her silver piercings she still carried today in her lip and ear, roaming the Italian and Canadian land as if it were her own canvas, and she were tracking inky pawprints across, letting the liquid sink into where she had been. Or it was due to her flighty nature, always having to be moving & distrustful at best; Then again, that could be a by-product of her encoded need to move.

Whatever the motivation, it was Ghita who had taken it upon herself to perform guard duty this day. Too prideful to remain cooped up in the Manor, but not foolish enough to leave her stick behind, the fae hobbled along, supporting herself by gripping the solid tree branch as casually as it could, while in reality her ivory fingers were growing sore under the pressure. She had only travelled a few miles along her mate's usual pathway when the scent of unfamiliarity burned in her nostrils. A huntress rivaling Diana herself, she paused, letting the wind determine location, intention, and pack in a few single seconds.

The scent was one she did not recognize, meaning the intruder's pack had to be one of the three she had not met; Dahlia de Mai, Cours de Miracles, or Phoenix Valley. Nothing was betrayed in terms of a fear-scent, and the smell was relatively still, so Ghita guessed this was more of a friendly visit. And the final factor - the male was not that far away.

Picking up the pace slightly, with the friendly wind at her back, ruffling her fur, the Optimed fae hobbled as fast as her condition allowed towards the border, a few minutes passing before she finally met the source of the scent. A darkened muzzle gave way to a lightly tanned body, intelligence sparkling in dark eyes that seemed almost impossibly wise, as if her companion had been around the block a few times. Shifting her position as she came into sight, Ghita felt a prickle of something mirroring self-consciousness at the back of her neck; In her rush to rid herself of imposing surroundings, the fae hadn't bothered to clothe herself. It wasn't uncommon for wolves to be without dress, and Ghita was new to shifting in this new frame, but she couldn't help but feel that she should have some material protecting her frame.

Her fur was still ruffled where the ribs had recently healed, and on her leg she wore a brace that was impossibly foreign, strange to anyone but the Dawalian healer who had placed it. Only now did she stop to ponder the wisdom of her decision, wondering how much protection she could offer if the visitor was indeed hostile. But injury would not stop the Italian fae, for fire seemed to run in her veins, interfering with her better decisions. Approaching the border assaulted her senses with scents of many wolves, friends even, as she could only imagine the strange companion was experiencing as well. Clearing her throat slightly, Ghita shifted her posture once more, trying to stand tall on humanized legs that only half-obeyed. "You're getting quite close to Crimson Dreams territory." She stated, always one to get to the point. Her ebony sister was the diplomat - a fact that likely landed her the command of her home pack. Quizzically, the fae now tilted her head slightly, letting the silver weigh down her ear as she awaited his response, curious as to how she would need to react.

[/html]
[html]

Of course not! ♥ 300+ words.

Though the King was still debating whether or not he was meant to howl to announce his presence, it seemed that the decision was made for him as he watched the Dreamer woman approach. He took in the sight of her, wounded and bandaged, and he immediately wondered what might have happened to her. The male always questioned the origin of injuries when he saw them, though she seemed to be on the mend now, regardless of how strange the contraptions she had on—the brace on her leg and the stick she used to walk with—were. He averted his eyes from her injuries politely, not wanting to be perceived as rude on what was meant to be a diplomatic meeting. He intended to learn more about the pack.

"I am aware," he said politely after she spoke, "and I hope that I have not come too close. I was debating whether I was meant to call to announce my presence, but you happened across me before I could make my decision." He paused, offering her a good-natured smile to prove that he meant no harm. "I am Vigilante Haskel, the new King of Cour des Miracles. I was merely interested in learning more about the neighboring packs," he explained. Under the rule of Jacquez, there had been only one instance that he could think of that an effort had been made to strengthen the relationship between packs. He felt that the horse race with AniWaya had been very effective, but he wanted more than that now. He wanted to know more about the packs in the area, not only for his pack's sake, but also because he felt it was his duty to do so as a leader.

His tail still lay behind him against the ground, the curled fluff of long fur down completely, a far from dominant position for it to be held in. The woman had not yet introduced herself, so he asked, "May I ask your name? Perhaps you could teach me a bit about your pack." As an afterthought, he added, "I know Mati Church, as well as two former members, Haven Aatte and Princess Chance. I wanted to know more about where they came from."

<style type="text/css">
.vigitrees1ooc {font-style:italic; color:#86D9AD; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.vigitrees1 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#70B186; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... itrees.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 215px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#485D57; line-height:11px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... itaban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Great! ^^ Sorry this is short & sucks, just in a bit of a rush to get out the door. ><
Wc: 438~

Although she still remained on the defensive, it was clear that Ghita trusted the male somewhat, and relaxed. Her posture eased, and though she remained upright, Ghita decreased her effort to stand formally, and let her walking stick take most of her weight. Unable to not notice the pointed glace away from her injuries, the proud fae's ears twitched in annoyance and shame, the silver dancing off of the three hoop earrings in her ear.

Nodding as Vigilante spoke, she appreciated the politeness in his tone, letting the meaning of the words sink into the soil before her. She met his grin with her own, ivories revealed from ebony curtains as naturally as it could seem. "You're close, but not at the level of offense." Hopefully she'd be able to relieve his worry, and help the male on his way quickly. The longer she spent out without her pups the longer she stayed on edge slightly, wondering and worrying like any mother hen.

"Ask away then, I'm happy to answer." Unaware that Cour des Miracles even had a new King, the fae bit her tongue to keep from prying. It was certainly a pack matter, something she wouldn't intrude on. Ghita would trust Vigilante to do the same, the fae certain that she would keep her pack's secrets within the pack. Even as she was Savina's sister, at times she couldn't help but overhear some of the difficulties Crimson Dreams faced. None of those secrets would go astray, however. Not today. Not by her lips.

Gritting her teeth that she'd forgotten to introduce herself, Ghita made an effort to remedy that quickly. "Ah. Right. I'm Ghita Marino." She had never been the diplomatic one; Savina always had the nose for manners and customs to give. Then again, the fae was unsure if she should even call Vigilante something else, along the lines of 'King' or 'Your Majesty'. In the end, she decided against it, content to just use first names. That's what she'd want in the reversal of roles, anyways.

Hearing Mati's name mentioned caused a soft smile to settle across her face. "I know Mati well, she's a family friend of ours. I knew Princess Chance briefly before she left, but I'm not sure I met Haven Aattee. You see, I've had my comings and goings with pack life." Only touching on the fact for a brief moment, Ghita's history was laid out for Vigilante to see. However, as soon as she realized this, the fae could only hope that he'd have the class to not bring up the past and open up Ghita's old wounds.

[/html]
[html]

That was not short and it didn't suck, you silly! xD 500+ words.

The Miracles King tended to keep to himself, and he had never been one to speak more than necessary. Where some found solace in speaking until they were stopped, Vigilante preferred the exact opposite. He had always spoken when necessary, but very rarely for the sake of it. When he had been promoted to Constable, he had made a concious effort to change that. He wanted to be more available to the pack, and he had wanted the members to feel comfortable around him. When he had taken over Jacquez's rank, he had made even more of an effort. He was interested in not only strengthening the pack, but the relationship it had with the other packs. He was growing to be more social, he supposed.

As such, the shepherd-malamute mutt waited until Ghita had finished speak entirely before he responded. He believed that it was more proper to treat women with such respect, rather than to interject his own comments in the midst of their speaking. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Ghita," he said amicably. He did not comment on her battered condition, and he would not do so. If their conversation turned in that direction and the explanation came to light, he would ask—he was curious to know what had left her in such a state, but he did not want to pry. Similarly, he would not question why she had been in and out of the pack some times. "We all have our reasons for where we go and what to do. As long as you've found your peace, then it does nolt matter how many times you've been here."

"Mati seemed like a nice girl, as does Princess. I trust Haven completely, and as far as I know, he's been in the pack for just a little longer than I have, which is almost a year." It generally took some time for the man to trust someone, but he had grown to trust Haven some time ago. Vigilante trusted the younger man to keep their pack safe, and that was something important. He would never allow someone he did not trust protect his pack, including his mate and the girl he'd adopted as his daughter. The King would not trust simply anyone to protect the family he'd found here, and he was glad to have Haven there to do it. He could not think of anyone better suited for the job of a Knight than the Aatte man himself.

"Truthfully, I do not have much for specific questions," he admitted. "I was hoping to learn a bit about your pack—its leaders, its members, its culture—and I would be more than happy to tell you a bit about Cour des Miracles, if you were interested at all." Vigilante felt strange knowing that he was not knowledgable of the pack's leadership. Their other neighbors, AniWaya, he knew some about the leadership there, due to the horse race competition that had been held between the two packs. Crimson Dreams, however, he did not know anything about.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Sorry this took a while! My exams are done now, so I'm back!
Wc: 505~

"And likewise." Courtesy ran in the Marino family, Savina's pull to it seeming the strongest. It wasn't that Ghita didn't know how to be polite, just that she didn't know why. Sure, there were some scenarios where Ghita's brain (it's somewhere in there) kicked in and told her to be polite, but most of the time she was just who she was. Without courtesy where it wasn't due, or any false expectations. Ghita was who she was, no bones about it.

She could feel his gaze lingering on her battered and foreign leg, the stare practically making her leg itch under her brace. She was grateful that Vigilante had the class not to ask, but still, that didn't help her feelings. She was ashamed to seem so helpless, so useless. Especially in front of someone from a differing pack... This was not the first image of Crimson Dreams she wanted to present.

Her respect for the male rose considerably as the time wore on, listening to what he said. Perhaps in another time, another place, they could be good friends. If Vigilante wasn't tied up with leader duties. It'd be nice, she thought, but unlikely, and she had accepted that long ago, with others.

"They are both wonderful wolves. I hope they're okay." Nodding, she took in the details with some surprise, wondering how a canine that was so new to a pack could rise to leadership so quickly. Needless to say, she was impressed. Shifting her weight from her good leg to her walking stick, she moved her body, stretching out the muscles that connected it to prevent them from clenching up and cramping. "Alright, that sounds like a fair enough trade." she stated, nodding her head. Biting her lip, she found herself asking the question she was loathe to ask, only more proof of her weakness. "Do you mind if I sit? It might take some time."

Lowering herself awkwardly to the ground, the fur connected with the ground with a small 'thump' to clear the distance. As soon as the leg wasn't the sole means of her balance, the grace that was usually associated with the brown-and-gray fae returned. The chestnut hair tumbled down her back like the sea, and her walking stick lay like a lapdog beside her. "Well, our leader is Savina Marino - my sister, and her right-hand wolf is Anu. I'm sure you'll meet one or the other soon enough."

Her sister was a social enough creature, it only seemed like a matter of time before the two crossed paths. But having explained the obvious, there wasn't much more that Ghita could drag to mind. "We have different ranks for our young, depending on what skills they show from the start. That might indicate what co-rank a wolf could take on in later years. For instance, I'm training to be a courser - the main hunter and the one who tracks the herds that moves through our territories. We don't really have any special ceremonies, particularly. Anything else I can tell you?"

[/html]
[html]

OMG I SUCK. O_O; Sorry!

"Not at all," Vigilante answered simply. Certainly, he did not mind if she sat on her own pack lands. He was sitting, as he had been upon arrival, and he did not perceive it as a sign of weakness for her to wish to sit to talk with him. In fact, having her remain standing as she was seemed as though she was still on edge about his presence. He wanted her to feel comfortable and accepting of him being there, and if he was unwelcome, he hoped she would state it as such. Jade eyes studied her face politely, as he could sense that she was not exactly comfortable with him looking at her leg. He hoped he had not been rude in the way he had taken in her appearance; he had only been hoping to remember her clearly as someone he had met and spoken with from the neighboring pack.

He absorbed the information, storing both names for later use. Vigilante sincerely hoped that he would meet both Savina and Anu at some point in time, just as he hoped to make better acquaintance of Dawali in AniWaya. He felt that it was important to make acquaintances where Jacquez had not. "How long has Crimson Dreams been a pack in this area? Cour des Miracles is just under a year old now, by a few days. Our former King simply disappeared, and as the third-in-command, I stepped into his rank. Now, I am trying to learn things where he did not," he admitted.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Nono! Not at all! ^^ I'm just glad you still want to continue!
Wc: 327~

Honestly, it did set Ghita on edge to have to sit in her own land. Not because she didn't trust Vigilante, but only because it was a marked sign of weakness, being unable to stand on her own legs for very long. Her injury had taken lifetimes to heal, and the pain was a constant companion now, glueing to her frame like a blood-red shadow that hesitated to leave. Lowering her frame to the ground also pulled the corner of her lips towards the centre of the earth, causing the first pinpricks of a frown to ripple across her face quickly. But it passed quickly, like the wind whipping through grass, almost as if it never showed.

The fae listened intently to Vigilante's question, although a wince of regret quickly formed on her face. Still she paid acute attention to what the other wolf spoke, nodding where appropriate and flicking her ears in surprise when the Former King was mentioned. She hadn't heard of that particular piece of news before, and wondered if Savina was privy to that knowledge as well. "I hadn't known that; I'm sorry to hear it." Silently, the fae wondered if the King would ever be seen again. Biting her lip, the fae searched through her memory to the long-winded chats she'd had with some of the older members. "I think we're just under two years old, although I could be wrong. I haven't paid much attention to the history, admittedly."

It seemed inconceivable to Ghita to have her pack placed in that position. To the huntress, such a disappearance would seem impossible, for she knew her land as well as anyone could, and a disappearance would require a reason, a desire to lose oneself. But she didn't dare to voice her opinion, and lingered in the shadows of courtesy, inclining her head in thought. "By no means am I an expert, but you sound like you're doing a good job so far."

[/html]
[html]

<3 300+ words.

"He was a sailor at heart, and the fact that he stayed on land for so long surprised more than a few of us," he said. Vigilante was not concerned about Jacquez, where he had gone, or whether or not he was in good health. Realizing that their King was gone had not been a surprise, and he supposed he had expected it. The only part that had bothered him so incredibly was that the former King had not said a single word to Ruri, and Vigilante had seen the distress she had gone through, and was still dealing with. That was unforgivable, in the new King's mind. "I am sure that he is fine, wherever it is that he ended up." He did not speak it, but he also suspected that the pack was much better off now with a sturdy King, as well.

Vigilante was glad to hear that he seemed appropriate for the role of King to someone outside of the pack. He wanted to seem capable and able, even if he was still nervous about the idea. That was part of the reason that he had ventured to Crimson Dreams. He doubted Jacquez had ever made much of an attempt at forging relationships with the other packs, and he intended to do so. "Thank you," he said humbly. "Admittedly, I'm a bit nervous, but I am glad to hear that I seem to be doing well." He paused, contemplating the question that had formed in the back of his mind from what she had said earlier about coming and going in the pack. "I do not mean to pry, and I hope I am not out of line in asking, but I can't help but wonder. If something has pulled you away from this place before, do you think it will again? Or have you found a new reason to stay?"

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

^^
Wc: 326~

Nodding at Vigilante's words, his sentiment was all too familiar to the fae. She hadn't known Jacquez personally, but already he sounded a lot like herself, except where he took to the seas, Ghita took to the land. A prickle of discomfort rose the hairs on the back of her neck, but the tinder-coloured fae tried to push those feelings away, lock them down to be examined later. Even as the male spoke on, he sounded as if he could be describing her own situation, eerily so.

"The important thing is that those nerves don't show - I think that's the best thing you could do to lead." Ghita's experiences with leadership had been few and far between, only leading herself and her nomadic pack for a brief spell, but she knew from looking at the other nomadic leader and her own sister that it was good for a pack to have a stable leader, even if they were only trying to figure things out for themselves. "At least in my experience, a pack seems more stable and confident if it's leader does, but that doesn't mean to lie to your pack. Then again, who'm I to be giving leadership advice?" Her last statement was followed with a laugh, more regretful than lighthearted in any case.

Prying seemed to be exactly what Vigilante was doing, despite his statements against. Flicking her ears once more with discomfort and irritation, she let the silence stretch for a few moments before responding, wondering how much to disclose. "I will not lie and say that the pull is still there. But I have a mate now, and two lovely children. I've gotten to know my family more and more, and the love for them is what keeps me here. The pull isn't as strong any more, but it's still there. I suspect it always will. But are you asking for my own input, or insight into your former King's actions?"

[/html]
[html]

Sorry, I've been neglecting Mister Haskel here. :< 500+ words.

Vigilante suspected that what she said was true, regardless of whether or not she had been in the position before. A pack was very much like its leader, as a leader was meant to represent the pack and hold its members together. He hoped that he was able to present a good image to both his pack members and those that met a member of his pack on the outside. "It is good advice, at any rate," he said. The caramel-colored King did not know what to make of her tone when she said that, but he did consider the words helpful. He had never expected to help lead a pack, and he had certainly never expected to lead a pack of dogs and mutts. Despite this, he did, and that was all that mattered. He needed to be a good leader for the pack that had been dropped on him, the pack he loved.

"I think it is a bit of both," he admitted. "There were—are—members of my pack that loved him very much. My Dauphine, my subleader, was raised by him. She was distraught by his leaving, because he did not say a word to her. He left his daughter without a word. I suppose I am looking to understand why, though I know that no one could tell me the answer but Jacquez himself. This is just me looking for possible explanations, I suppose." There was more to it than that, but Vigilante did not know how or what to put into words. The Haskel dog mutt could not imagine simply up and leaving his pack, but he had left his family quite some time ago in Kaktowik.

The circumstances had been different then. The pack he had been born and raised in had been nothing like the packs here. After the death of his sister, his only family members left had been his parents, his nieces, and his nephew. They would not have forgiven him. There had been more distant relatives—cousins, aunts, uncles, those sorts of family members. They were not the type of family members he could not imagine leaving. They would not miss him. It was different in the case of close family members, like Ruri and Jacquez's daughter, Jontae. He was not able to understand the former King's actions now, and he supposed he never would.

Lifting his eyes to meet her gaze once again, Vigilante offered her his usual calm smile. "I believe I should be going soon. I do not want to leave for too long of a period of time. It has been a pleasure speaking with you, Ghita." He now had more knowledge of the neighboring pack, and perhaps he had managed to get a bit more insight as to Jacquez's actions. He was not certain of this, but he thought that if he gave it a bit more thought, he would be able to see a bit of reason behind the former King's disappearance. The fact that he had left was not the problem. Vigilante did not understand why he had not said good-bye to anyone, had not officially turned the pack over to him.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Daw, poor boy! D: And thanks for the thread; should we lock it up?
Wc: 378~

Nodding at his statement, the Italian fae was secretly relieved that he valued her advice. She didn't know much about Vigilante at all, let alone his past, and only knew that he was the Alpha - or King, of Cour Des Miracles. And she was a Lieutenant in her sister's pack, but just a Lieutenant. Ghita had never had to face some of the harder decisions a pack leader had to make, and frankly - she was glad of it. She didn't trust herself to be able to have the wisdom her sister possessed, and make the best decisions for the pack as a whole. Generally, the fae was narrow-sighted, and that wouldn't do for a pack leader.

The fae paid as much attention as she could to what Vigilante was revealing about his pack, not just because it was good for her - and Savina - to know about Cour des Miracles' current state of affairs, but she genuinely was interested in what he had to say. Perhaps this was some indication of the past, showing Ghita in a strange manner what had happened while she had left Crimson Dreams for the moment. Perhaps members of her pack, her siblings in particular, had reacted similarly?

"It was probably hard for Jacquez to leave Dauphine behind, although his logic can be questionable." The fae's tone of voice indicated the confusion she held for his decision - if Ghita herself were ever to leave Crimson Dreams, she'd at least tell Jazper and Savina & Ehno, but she would never be able to leave her own pups behind. Maybe it was a mother's bond? "Explanations have the annoying tendency to sometimes be things you'd wished you hadn't uncovered." Speaking from experience, of course, Ghita brought up her concern, knowing that she wouldn't mind not knowing certain things about her own past.

As Vigilante prepared to take his leave, Ghita returned his smile, slightly relieved that she wouldn't be quizzed on Crimson Dreams' history much longer, but sad to see him go. He'd seemed like an dignified companion, and she wouldn't mind speaking with him further in the future. "It was a pleasure to speak with you, Vigilante. If you ever find yourself in Crimson Dreams once more, seek me out."

[/html]
[html]

You can post again or have it closed up. I enjoyed this thread! 300+ words.

His life had started out scripted, and everything he had done had been planned and thought out in advance. Vigilante had not been given many choices when he was a young dog, and for some, that might have caused them to wander often and not want to be tied down. The opposite was true for Vigilante. He had come to this area because it was far away from his birth pack and so that he could settle down and have a family and a normal life. He had a small family now, though he was not as progressed in that as he had originally hoped for. He had a lot more now. Not only did he have a pack, but he was the King. The pack relied on him extremely, and he felt right knowing that he would be there for the pack. It was still strange, though, something he had never expected to have.

There were questions galore that could be asked about Jacquez's disappearance, and while Vigilante was glad to have gotten more insight as to why the former King would have simply left without a word, it would not do him any good to spend much more time dwelling on it. "I suppose you are right. Perhaps my pack and I are better off not knowing his reason. I know we will survive, regardless, and I hope that those that were close to him feel at ease soon." The only real stake he had in Jacquez's absence was the fact that he now led the pack and some members would miss their former King immensely. Vigilante would need to handle that delicately.

He offered her a smile as he stood, preparing himself for the journey home. Ghita had been a joy to talk to, and Vigilante had learned something over the course of their visit. He was glad that he had made the journey to Crimson Dreams. "I will be sure to do that, and the same goes for you, if you happen to be in the area of Cour des Miracles any time. I hope to see you again, ghita," he said with a smile, turning and beginning his walk back home.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]