Highway to Hell, [P, J]
WC: 889.
Location - Devil's Demesne, Jacko's Pop & Gas stop.
Also, sorry for not using post tables at the moment. Work computer, thus can't access my codes, etc. Apologies.

-------

The heat was strange for this time of year – bearing down on the ground with vicious rays, sweating out animals and plant life alike. The highway seemed to stretch out for miles; the horizon torn apart by the tarmac, yellow and white lines speeding off into the distance as though arrows in a labyrinth. They led into shade perhaps, or maybe fresh water – but the walk would be futile, especially with a day like today. The occasional bush scattered the roadsides, sprigs of yellow grass collecting around and in the cracks of the road – the place seemed almost desolate, like something somebody would see in a twisted reality, reminding perhaps of a book that lingered in many of the abandoned libraries of Nova Scotia; ‘The Hills Have Eyes’.

The occasional buzzard circled in the distance, marking the place of death with its keen stare and the screeches that food was nearby. It was clear that there was no death at present, for the lack of crowding by the flying vermin – they flocked when death was there and food was available. They simply were waiting, and building slowly in numbers. It was a sad day for what, or who, ever was being stalked by the scavengers – but then again, perhaps it was their own stupid fault for strolling that far away from water and shade in this heat, especially with the sun so high in the sky.

It seemed, even though this land was Inferni territory, there was not a soul in sight. Yet, with the distant howls of an ocean breeze, scents travelled lightly with them. One, however, was not of the coyote brand – a wolf was in the midst, and she came alone. Obsidian in colour, her fur lay clumped with sweat, beads dripping off her fur as she strolled aimlessly along the roadside, occasionally kicking a rock in front of her – boredom was a frequent visitor, and though the scenery was impressive, this female had other things on her mind. With each foot hitting the ground in unison, footprints of sweat left on the path, it was clear as day that something was bothering her. Whether it was the midday heat, or something completely different, that knowledge lay deep within the crevices of her mind – but either way, the excessive fiddling of the straps of her tattered rucksack displayed crystal irritation, and if a stranger were to stumble upon her, she may have even confided in them.

Slinging the green bag atop her shoulder, which had obviously slipped down her arm with the paces, Lucia’s ivy coals examined the horizon carefully. It appeared to the untrained eye that nothing laid ahead – more dirt and heat, and perhaps a side of death to accompany it. Yet, a small smile of hope drunkenly sprawled across her face, as those desperate eyes fell over a gas station. There was a small ray of survival in the female’s glance now, as her pace quickened and the breaths which were once deep and slow folded into sharp, quick inhales and exhales.

Increasing to a small jog, the ebony bitch reached the broken down station. Examining the building, it became apparent that nobody seemed to be around. The rusty pumps still marked their last sale, though Lucia doubted they still possessed anything of use – maybe rain water which had leaked in through the cracks, but even that was unlikely. The sign, which read ‘Jacko’s pop and gas stop’, seemed to be covered in something which could only resemble the excrement of birds – a few bullet holes to boot. Shaking her head, Lucia was amused by the fact that she had even looked around. It was irrelevant what the place looked like, she was just grateful to be in the shade. The thought came to mind to look for water in the cashier’s booth – maybe a bottle or two lay in the shattered drink coolers, but from a glance through the smashed windows smeared in dirt and god-knows what else, Lucia decided against it.

Reaching one of the pumps, Lucia slung the rucksack to the floor with a small thump. A cloud of dust flew into the air, but it quickly dissipated into the atmosphere. Allowing a sigh to pass her lips, Lucia slid onto her rump, back against the base of the gasoline container. Extending her arm, she shuffled through the myriad of things which lay hidden inside the innards of her bag. Pulling out a cigarette and matches, she placed the stick between her lips. Striking one of the matches against the box, she lit the end and inhaled deeply. “Beautiful,” she muttered to herself, leaning her head back against the shady container, and closing her eyes slowly. It was not apparent to the trespassing female that she would soon have company – the slow breeze opposed her, drifting scents on a different pathway. Simply sitting there, minding her own business, the thought that this would cause an issue did not enter the abyss that was her twisted mind. Exhaling, she puffed again on the cancerous twig of tobacco between her lips. Smoke covered her face, and her muscles rippled with relaxation underneath her pelt of black. “What am I going to do?” she spoke, clearly to herself, still dragging on the cigarette, eyelids still sealed shut. “Where do I go from here?”
[html]

556. :O

The borders were something that required constant attention. The silver-shaded hybrid had greeted and accepted several new members to the clan as of late, starting with her trio of grandchildren, Sepirah, Enkiel, and Mkhai. Her own daughter had finally returned to face the music, though Eris had been suspiciously quiet, avoiding the hell out of her mother. Kaena had not seen the sable-furred woman since she first joined up with Inferni, and the ashen Centurion was vaguely displeased with this. Jezebel had returned to their midst, something which Kaena was rather pleased with—she had liked Jezebel quite a lot, and it was good to have a medic on hand, now that Fatin had passed from them once again.

Maybe Kaena should have been happy; she should have been glad that she was smart enough to avoid the russet wolfess again, for Fatin had disappeared quickly once more, just as Kaena suspected she might. But despite knowing she had saved herself more pain, there was still a certain bitterness on her tongue, clinging to the roof of her mouth. What had they lost? What had they given up? For so many years, they'd been neighbors—so close, and yet so far, unable to break from their respective homelands. Fatin had too much tied into Jaded Shadows, and Kaena had too much tied into Inferni. Neither could leave. And then both places burned, and the Shadows pack fell to ash. Inferni rose again, and Fatin had come... but she had not stayed.

Today the hybrid had already prowled about the forest, where she generally found newcomers or other trouble to attend to. Now she she had little else to do, and so she headed up through the center of the coyote clan's territory, past the caves and past the moors. The western edge of the territory was her favorite; she enjoyed those rolling hills and the pale grasses that grew here, hardy and staunch against the winds. The silver-shaded hybrid followed the highway absently, coming to the first gas station. She almost passed it by when the wind shifted, and a strange scent caused her to halt in her tracks, her mismatched ears pricked upwards. One was chewed to bits and only half-mast, but the other was straight uprwards, too large and disproportionate to her skull size to be a wolf's ear. Her russet-splashed muzzle twitched as she inhaled again, and she whirled around, spying the figure leaned against the gas station's pump. Her remaining eye narrowed, and for a moment she thought it was Eris—the figure was virtually the same in coloration. The scent was not the same, however, and the hybrid stalked over to the other canine, aggression and anger showing across her face.

“What are you doing here?” she demanded, circling about the other canine, retaining her distance. This was a strange direction for a trespasser—the majority of the pack wolves lived to the south of Inferni, and the silver-shaded woman had certainly not expected this on coming to this remote edge of Inferni's territory. “You know this is Inferni's, right? We gotta start lining our whole border with skulls, eh?” the hybrid said, her voice raised in agitation. She paced back and forth in front of the other canine, sizing her up. Did she need to call Gabriel for this one?

<style>
.kae-disorder p {padding:0px 35px 10px 35px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.kae-disorder b {color:#ffffff;}
.kae-disorder {background-color:#40245F; padding-bottom:217px; padding-top:10px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/kae_disorder.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family:trebuchet ms; font-size:13px; color:#A376B4; letter-spacing:.1pt; word-spacing:1pt; line-height:14px; width:420px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
WC: 679.
Great post Big Grin

-------

The hybrid came upon her like a silent storm, circling her like a cat toying with its prey. Her singular yellow optic seemed to burn into Lucia’s skull, seeking answers and studying her like a case subject from a laboratory. It was apparent that this female was sizing her up, looking to see if strength could overcome wit. Lucia had no doubt that this scarred bitch could hold up her own defences, but the egotistical side of the ebony wolf mocked her – not directly, but definitely in the confines of her mind. Throwing the cigarette to the ground, smoke wafted up by the gasoline cylinders – in most circumstances, it would of been considered dangerous to do such a thing, but with the unlikelihood of any gas remaining in the containers, there was no fear... Just the pretty thoughts of an explosion, with thick black clouds bellowing into the sky. That would of been a sight to see – and it was a possibility in the future perhaps. The black female was a schemer.

Glancing up at the grey-furred canine, Lucia shifted her body and rose to a stand. Watching her silently, the obsidian trespasser clicked her tongue against the roof of her mouth, savouring the taste of nicotine and smoke which lingered inside her. Nodding slightly, as though contemplating the idea that she had not broken any laws, words fell casually away, almost rehearsed in tone and as emotionless as her face. She was a blank canvass, and apparently held little fear for the idea of skulls on the border, or even death for that matter. All she had wanted was to find her lover – maybe this superior female would understand? That was a definite possibility.

“I mean no disrespect,”
she growly calmly, “I saw your borders, and I share much pity for the souls you took to display your strengths. But I also congratulate you for the excellent display of violence. It is very intriguing...” She felt her ebony lips curl into a placid smile. It was probably a bad move, as it could make the older bitch feel uncomfortable, but Lucia was not one to mind. She kept herself as herself, and though she did display respect, she did not alter her personality. What was the point in that? She was not a fake, and if she was to explain her reasons for being here, she would have to display the whole truth – lies would get her nowhere.

Picking up her rucksack off the ground, the bottom of it covered in dirt – sprinkling the occasional stone to the ground as she slung it over her right shoulder, Lucia kept her malachite coals firmly on Kaena. “I did not trespass by accident,” she admitted, flicking back her auds as though the words had struggled to come out of her mouth, “I was looking for Snake.” Her heart skipped a beat – a common thing whenever he became the topic of conversation. She didn’t see him much. He was a coyote, herself a wolf. It was not deemed appropriate, thus she had come here to plead her case, and hope that the higher ranks would smile upon them. She didn’t want to hide, she didn’t want to lie. It was not in her nature... that, and she was crazy about the warrior coyote. “I wanted to remind him how I feel about him...” she paused, studying the hybrid; she was unreadable, closed off from the ebony wolf. “I’m not supposed to feel like that. I’m a wolf, obviously... and this pack,” her eyes travelled over the landscape briefly, but hastily returned back toward the grey and red Centurion, “—this pack does not approve of my kind. I am purebred, thus I am not worthy to fall for the type of legend that Snake is. He is a beautiful soldier, and an amazing lover – and I apologise for my trespass of your land... I just,” Her eyes fell to the ground, a moment of weakness in her apparently calm, solid clarity, “—I just had to see him again, you know?”
[html]

Yours too. :O! <3 (587)

The silver-shaded hybrid had not found a trespasser on their land for some time; perhaps they had made a good enough example of the loner who had dared traipse over their borderlands and shatter the skulls lining their forested border during the last summer season. Of course, there was the war, but that manner of trespassing had been a different breed entirely—those canines had come to kill; they were not interested in merely smashing skulls and causing havoc, they wanted blood. The Dahlian war was over, however, and in any case this female did not smell of Dahlia. Even so, this was the first trespasser in a while, and the monochrome coyote was no more pleased with this one than any of the others.

“You're on the wrong side of the border. That's disrespect,” the silver-shaded woman said flatly, drawing back a pace or two from the other woman as she stood and flicked her cigarette to the ground. Kaena was not afraid, but she had grown far more wary since her attack in the fall, and she did not wish to place herself in anything remotely resembling an extremely dangerous situation. This was one wolf on the border—as with any time, the silvery Centurion could have called all of Inferni down to this spot with a howl, and had her torn to pieces. She did not, however, and the hybrid even fell silent, the steady growling from somewhere deep in her throat ceasing as the sable-shaded woman said a name she recognized.

Snake was not unfamiliar to her—he was the Hydra of the clan, part of the trio of warriors that made up the ranks just below herself and Gabriel. They were the most trusted of them all, and the ash-colored woman actually balked at that name, the rage fading from her face, draining away to mere suspicion. Before she could ask what the trespasser desired with the Hydra, she explained, and surprise dawned on the one-eyed woman's face instead as the shadow-furred woman continued, explaining how she felt and how she thought Inferni felt about wolves. Now there was a vague sense of shame within her, and her golden-colored eye wandered away from the other wolf's face, no longer quite so confident. As the other canine finished speaking, she sighed softly. “Well, this clan doesn't approve of your kind when you act like our borders aren't there,” she mumbled, almost as if she was attempting to excuse herself. “Though I can understand why you'd want to see him,” the coyote began, now looking back at the sable-furred female. “But next time you ought to wait at the borders or call for him. Some of us would attack you on sight—I might have, on a bad day,” she said truthfully.

“What is your name? You don't carry any pack's scent. Do you roam alone?” the hybrid asked. She did not yet reveal that they had, in fact, allowed wolves in the clan in their history—Kaena certainly could not make such a decision alone, and she would have to call Snake to ascertain the truthfulness of this wolf's statements. Gabriel was the Aquila, and he would have the final say on whether or not this wolf had the right to call the clan home. The silver-shaded woman had known love a few times in her life, and she also knew what sorts of maniacal things it was capable of making one do.

<style>
.kae-apocalypse p {padding:0px 25px 0px 25px; text-indent:10px; margin:0px 0px 20px 0px;}
.kae-apocalypse b {color:#A61514;}
.kae-apocalypse {width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/rp/kae/endoftheworld.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:243px; padding-bottom:5px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#FFFFFF; word-spacing:1pt; line-height:8pt; letter-spacing:.1pt; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #A61514;}
.kae-apocalypse-border {border:1px solid #000000; width:402px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 751

It appeared that the honesty on why this ebony wolf had stumbled across the Inferni borders had a better effect on the sable-furred hybrid than planned. Malachite coals watched as the Centurion’s aura seemed to shift – the once territorial behaviour switching, it appeared as though she could understand, and perhaps relate to Lucia’s situation. It was surprising, but she was grateful – the mind of the ebony wolf wasn’t prepared for a fight, so avoidance was the better policy it seemed.

She nodded quietly to the words of the older female. It made sense, even if the words spoken seemed like a cover up. “Understood,” her gaze crossed over the body of Kaena, examining each of her scars and wondering where each of them came from. The tattoo intrigued her as well, the chaos star – it glared out like a bad omen. Lucia placed it down to a family emblem – after all, she was sure she had seen it elsewhere before as well. “I would have called him, but I was worried.” Lucia had no idea why she was opening up to this woman, nor why she felt strangely obliged to in the first place – the shift in mood on the Centurion’s face had made the atmosphere all that more comfortable, and the words seemed to flow out as casually as the vultures searched for cadavers. “I didn’t know if he wanted to see me anywhere else but out there, you know? Being a wolf and all, I didn’t know if it would cause him grief. That’s the last thing I would want for him. He’s just too good for that.” Lucia’s maw spoke the words easily, but her brain was questioning her. It couldn’t grasp how the bittersweet bitch had become so wrapped up in all the romantic clichés, and sweet words. It preferred her to be violent, and if not a little bitchy from time to time. That was her true form, apparently. But, as everyone would experience every now and then, denial’s a beautiful thing.

The topic of conversation spilled over Lucia’s identity as quickly as the topic as her arrival had come to an end. There was little hesitation between the two subjects, and Lucia almost had no time to collect her thoughts; she was almost a prisoner in her own mind at times. It was one of her weaknesses. “I’m Lucia,” she paused, not really interested in giving her last name. There was nobody around from her family – so it was of little importance. “I don’t have a pack,” she admitted dully, there was a faint tone of distaste on her tongue. It was almost jealousy – she had a small urge to belong somewhere, and even though Snake filled part of that void, it was still as though something was missing. Each pack she had examined seemed to have a reason why she didn’t fit there – too peaceful, too quiet, not enough minds like hers. Maybe she had come up with all the reasons herself, or maybe they were the truth. It was unclear. Either way, the hole was increasing with each passing day, and today was no different. It was sometimes so bad she wished the ground would swallow her whole. But, like always, it never did.

“I wander.” She continued to open up, the remote wrinkles in her brain telling her to shut up and keep herself to herself. Lucia had a policy – she didn’t trust anyone, but yet she found herself beginning to trust this silver female. The question was why – and it remained unanswered. “I live alone, I hunt alone. I fight alone.” She sighed to herself. “Snake has given me a reason to live,” she fell back into that cliché frame of mind again, almost not knowing she had. “But I’m sure that’s enough of the mushy stuff, right?” She smiled lightly, trying to show kindness as best she could. It wasn’t her strong point, but it was worth a shot.

Extending an arm, the obsidian loner fiddled with one of the pockets of her bag. Pulling out another cigarette – clearly a way to hush the anxiety in her veins, she placed it between her lips and casually lit the butt. Inhaling deeply, smoke wafted out of her nostrils and mouth in unison. The taste was ultimate bliss. Her whole body shivered slightly, a chill of relaxation tickling her spine. Looking at Kaena, she held out another cigarette with her spare hand, the other hand clasped around the smoking stick. “Want one?”

<style type="text/css">
.lucia b {font-weight:bold; color:#91ba5a; letter-spacing:1px; }
.lucia .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#808000; padding-top:325px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.lucia p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #5c7628}
.lucia {margin:0 auto; width:363px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... l/lcpt.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 650 I didn't really specify Kae's form beforehand so if she wasn't Optime before SHE IS NOW BY WAY OF MAGICKZ*~*~*~*~ (there were sparkles involved)

In Character

The silver-shaded woman knew of some who would disapprove of the relationship between a coyote and a wolf, but neither herself nor Gabriel were among those. Kae had always been a hypocrite—despite her supposed hatred of wolves, she had courted many of them over her lifespan, and she had loved a few of them. Her son also obviously was not one to look down on relationships that crossed the species line, as wolfish a hybrid as he was—though Kaena did only know of one of his lovers, a hybrid herself. Even so, she did not think it was a part of Gabriel to disapprove of such relationships. “Some might. The leadership doesn't care, and that's what matters after all, hm?” the hybrid woman said, shrugging her shoulders. She thought no less of Snake for having forged a relationship with a wolf, though it surprised her to hear of such a thing arising with Snake. He seemed a far more stoic type. “Snake is good to Inferni. Anyone who would place less stake in him for who he chooses for his affection is a fool,” the hybrid woman said harshly, though she knew this to be the truth—the tawny-furred man had been nothing but loyal to the clan since the very beginning, and he was among the uppermost tier of their ranks.

“Kaena Lykoi. Centurion of this clan,” she said, introducing herself with little flair. Her surname was flair enough. To hear that the other woman was a loner was a relief; the silver-shaded woman could not overlook the pack lifestyle. It brought immediate distaste to her where wolves were concerned—at least the ones who roamed alone weren't all wrapped up in ranks and everything else that accompanied pack living. “Not a fan of pack life?” the coyote inquired, having lost all of the aggression that was once in her—this sable-shaded woman was interesting, and she had revealed something about Snake that the hybrid had been previously unaware of. “I understand,” she said, strangely. “Before Zarah and Inferni, I had nothing. I don't think I really wanted to live. It might sound strange loving a woman or loving a clan, but it's the truth,” the silver-shaded woman admitted. Even if she had been too scared to tell Zarah, even if Zarah had died before they were able to consummate their relationship, before they were able to even tell one another how it really was—the coyote woman knew she had loved her in some twisted way. There was no question the hybrid loved the clan as family; it was family, for the most part, and in its own way, the entity Inferni had become as Lykoi as the family itself. “Sure,” the hybrid woman said, reaching forward to take the cigarette, leaning forward to light it.

“Well,” the hybrid said, leaning back with her own cigarette, finally taking a seat by the wolf, though she did keep a respectful distance of personal space between the two of them. “A few times in our history we've let wolves run with us. Mostly my lovers,” she said, laughing, though it was a sickly sort of laugh—there was nothing funny about the line of dead men Kaena trailed behind her. Anyone she had professed to love or even bore a child to was dead. “If you're serious about Snake...” the coyote added, peering at the woman with her single remaining eye. “Maybe it could be arranged.” The coyote knew she could not decide such a thing; Gabriel would have to be called to evaluate this, and Snake would have to come to support this woman's claim—if she was a raving wanderer who'd mistaken a moment of generosity from the usually stoic Hydra, her moments of life were numbered. However, the silver-shaded coyote did not think Lucia was lying of such a thing—it explained the trespassing, anyway.

<style>
.kae-funeral p { text-indent:25px; padding:0px 40px 0px 40px; margin:0px 0px 20px 0px; }
.kae-funeral b { color:#A4F62D }
.kae-funeral { background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/ ... header.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #577104; width:446px; padding:166px 0px 1px 0px; text-align:justify; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#e4f7c9; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:1pt; line-height:12px; }
.kae-funeral-text {font-family:georgia; font-size:11pt; color:#A4F62D; word-spacing:-.5pt; letter-spacing:0px; font-weight:bold; font-variantConfusedmall-caps; margin:0px 40px 0px 40px; border-bottom:1px dotted #CCFF00; width:366px; line-height:18px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 695

Studying the canine carefully, Lucia’s eyes narrowed slightly. Her words spoke clearly that some may cause minor disruptions in her relationship with Snake. That, in her opinion, would be a problem – one that given the chance, she would resolve quickly and quietly – wolf style. Nodding understandingly, the ebony femme smiled as best she could; it was hard to be fully relaxed these days, especially with her life hanging on a thin thread. She was out of her comfort zone now, and if the leaders of this pack chose it fit, she could be dead by sunset. It was no matter, however, as she was more concerned with seeing her lover again – and being allowed to call it official. There was nothing else she wanted, nothing more she could think about – he was her everything, and she prayed the feelings were mutual.

“Yeah, I suppose. I hope the leadership do respond well,” there was concern in her voice, and, if she were honest, a little bit of anxiety. “I imagine he is. He is a good man. He has never done me wrong, and I doubt he ever will. He has been nothing but nice to me – and if I’m honest, I probably don’t deserve such things.” She looked away, a dark cloud of memories sliding across her face, but the moment passed as quickly as it came. She smiled again, returning her attention back to the Centurion.

“It’s nice to meet you, Kaena… I wouldn’t say I was a fan of either, but if being in a pack means being able to love – that sacrifice is one I’m willing to make. I guess I am a loner at heart who craves social acceptance.” She chuckled lightly to herself, “Weird, huh?” There was a mild light-hearted glimmer in her voice, as though she was slowly beginning to feel comfortable around this female. She hoped that this would not be their only meeting – they seemed to share similar experiences, and one day, maybe, they could share such words. “It doesn’t sound strange,” she confirmed, “I have loved a woman before on my travels. It did not last long, as I never remained in one place, but my god, she was pretty. But hey, what can you do? Life hands you things for a reason – and it’s clear to me, that the reason I came here was for Snake…” she grinned, her malachite coals alight with admiration and desire for the coyote male. “…I’m happy with him – and he makes me feel amazing!”

Watching Kaena take a drag on the cigarette, it sparked Lucia’s memory to enjoy her own. Lighting the end, she inhaled deeply and felt her veins tingle with pleasure. There was something always so satisfying about getting a fix – and even though she sparsely did drugs, her cigarettes were her greatest vice; well, bar sex anyway. “Is that so?” she questioned curiously, “I did not peg you for one to love wolves.” She didn’t mean it disrespectfully, but considering her rank in this clan, it came across as though she was deeply respected and considered someone to keep on your side. She prayed that would be the case here. “What happened there? You still with any wolves?” She inquired, hoping that she was not pushing her boundaries, or sneaking to close to the personal life of Kaena. It was not a dig on purpose, but Lucia liked to get to know her companions – and whether she was trespassing or not, that was the same situation now.

The obsidian female’s eyes lit up. She couldn’t hide the excited smile on her face. “Can it?” She felt like jumping up, but instead she inhaled again on the end of the cancer-stick, and watched Kaena’s face. She was trying to read her. But it was difficult – she seemed closed off, and to be honest, Lucia couldn’t blame her. “I would love that!” she barked, “Very much so! I would forever be in your debt!” Her coals were on fire, her heart racing like a drum against her ribs. She felt herself go dizzy – butterflies in her stomach. Could she really be with Snake? Oh God, she hoped so.

[/html]
[html]

663 :o

The silver-shaded hybrid cocked her head to the side and smiled at the woman's comment. “Half of the leadership approves,” she said, tilting her head almost imperceptibly downward, trying to implicate herself as that half of the leadership without sounding cocky about it. For once in her life, the sable-shaded female did not want to appear arrogant. It was not that she lacked pride in her rank; she thought she fit this role rather well, far better than she did in the leadership seat of the clan. The sable-shaded woman spoke very highly of Snake, and she seemed to know him well—Kaena did not know Snake quite so well, but all she knew of him spoke the same thing verbatim. “I'll agree with most of that, but we all need our pleasures,” the scarred woman said, rolling her shoulders in a shrug. Maybe hers was senseless violence—her mind did not linger on the loner wolf she had killed some weeks ago in a fit of rage. That might have easily been Lucia—maybe. The fact that the loner did not haunt her was a telling sign—she had killed without reason, she had perpetrated violence without cause, and she did not even care.

“Well, clan life is different from pack life. I was never able to stand pack life, but Inferni's been my home for the better part of a decade now.” She had tried living in a pack once before—it had not ended well for anyone involved. After that, the wolves wouldn't take her—maybe they had smelled their compatriots' deaths on her fur. The hybrid woman cocked an ear toward the other canine, smiling in an almost awestruck way—how different were these attitudes from those she had encountered in the past? The hybrid woman remembered the looks she and Zarah had been given even amongst their own kind—but it had been years since then, and the silver-shaded hybrid had outlived her almost-lover by the better part of five years now. “They're dead, I think. Maybe not all of them, but they may as well be,” she commented, rolling a shoulder in a shrug. “Too old for love now, but you're young yet,” the coyote said, drawing on her cigarette and looking away. It hurt to dredge up these memories, but there was something in her that was broken; there was some part of her that could not be fixed, and the scarred woman knew this better than anyone know. Haku had smashed whatever part of her that was still capable of loving anything not family to bits.

“Doesn't matter though—I have my family and I have my clan. That is all the love I need,” she said. This was as undeniably truthful as that broken part of her, and this part of her ran far deeper than what even Haku could touch. The love for family burned in the scarred coyote, and even as she had writhed in pain many times in her life, that love had pieced her together again. The sable-shaded wolf seemed more than excited at the prospect of becoming one of the coyote clan. Kaena had already taken a liking to this wolf, despite her trespassing—given the circumstances, Kaena could almost see why. Young love was a desperate and passionate thing, and in an almost grandmotherly way the silver-shaded hybrid was willing to overlook it. “I would have to call Snake himself and my son, the Aquila of the clan. The final decision rests with him.” the hybrid said. She looked to Lucia once more for confirmation, and needed only to see the green-eyed woman's ecstasy at this new prospect before she threw her head to the sky and called out for Snake and Gabriel, beckoning them to come to her location. There was no particular urgency to her voice, but perhaps some spark of amusement in the high-pitched tones the hybrid threw to the sky would hurry them along.

<style>
.kae-begin .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.kae-begin p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.kae-begin b {color:#E9B52A; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.kae-begin {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://tbd.sleepyglow.net/kaena/ipb/kae_begin.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:180px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #E9B52A; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#C57622; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.kae-begin-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.kae-begin .separator{width:320px; border-bottom:1px dotted #E9B52A; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Most often, the only time anyone called for him was either for an emergency (which this was not) or some mundane task that required the Aquila to vote yay or nay. This, as it turned out, was once again becoming the dominant of the two and in a very small way, Gabriel missed the rush. He was a creature that thrived in combat, a soldier through and through, and he did not ease into civilian life without a small sense of regret. Their war was over, Inferni’s was, and now all that remained was Haku. The beast would come—of this he had no doubt.
     His pace was easy, a loping thing that spoke of the thin coyote blood in him, and it carried him towards the source of the sound. It was there he found his mother and someone he did not expect. A somewhat cruel smile broke across his face, and his eyes glimmered with mirth. Coming to a stop he settled almost instantly to his haunches. “Visiting friends?” The coy-wolf asked.

[/html]
[html]

After war, it was hard for him to figure out what to do. So, when the call came for him, he wasn’t really doing anything. He had been in the northern part of the territory, in the foothills of the mountains, looking around. A summons wasn’t really what he had expected, but he did not question it—the blond coyote immediately set off for where it had come from. Somewhere in the Demense, he guessed. Snake was not exactly the swiftest coyote to ever walk the earth, so he took a little bit of time to get there. When he did, however, it was a group of wolves who set his mind buzzing. Gabriel, Kaena, and Lucia. Originally he was afraid that they had caught her trespassing and there was something to be paid (which was partially true), but the energy amongst the assembled canines wasn’t apprehensive enough for that.

Must be something else. The Hydra slowed to a walk as he approached, dipping his head politely to the leaders of the clan as he glanced over to Lucia. Her expression was easy enough to read; she was happy about something. He supposed he should feel better about this, too, so he tried to lighten up—though you can only make lead shine so much. Smiling was usually not in his repertoire, and it was not within his ken now. But he managed to look… a little less serious than usual.

Social things were never his strong point—he wasn’t sure where to stand, so he stood a neutral distance away from everyone. “Hello Kaena, Gabriel, Lucia,” he said in his usual flat tone, and his green gaze kept flickering between them, always trying to pick up information, gauge expressions. “What’s going on?”

[/html]
[html]

WC: 1118. ;D

It was beginning to darken; it was almost alarming how quickly time had passed by. Lucia had not take into account how long the two females had passed words, nor how long it had taken her to actually get here in the first place. She imagined that from the right spot, the sunset would look amazing – but whether that was true or not, she had other matters at hand. Ones that was much more important than one sunset. She was sure she’d see a thousand more yet. These thoughts faded quickly, Kaena’s voice breaking the silence. It was nice to feel relaxed again, especially around such a powerful authority figure as the older female. She seemed kind at heart, and that, in some ways, was what Lucia wanted to be… maybe in the future, she would be the one standing in Kaena’s place with the next generation; now that, was an interesting image.

Kaena’s words rattled aimlessly in Lucia’s head. It was hard to imagine a life without some sort of contact other than family – especially for Lucia, who in fact had no family. That had been crushed and buried in the dust a long time ago, and though it was no real fault of her own, she still blamed herself every once in a while. That was just how it was, and she did little to question it, or look into the matter further. Watching the older female carefully, she nodded with understanding at her words and laid a small smile across her lips.

“I think I understand,” she said simply, her tone reflecting a minor distaste of the idea – after all, what feeling was better than being loved by another in ways family couldn’t offer? Lucia couldn’t relate, but to her, the greatest sensation in the world was being underneath her lover and feeling the emotions and pleasure it gave her. There was nothing better than that to date, and she doubted there ever would be.

Shivering slightly, as though disturbed by the amount of deep thought she had put into the thought of family, Lucia quickly shifted her position – only just realising the dull pain in her legs from being in the same stance for a while; it was strange how much Kaena captivated her – she would be a great teacher, that was for sure. But whether she would learn from her in the future… well that was a different matter entirely. For now, she would listen – and that, hopefully, served its purpose good enough for her to be accepted into this clan. All she wanted was Snake, and it felt like her heart would snap in two if that was not given.

Speaking of the devil, Lucia’s auds perked up at the sound of the Centurion’s call. She had been so far gone in her head that the last sentence or two had drifted without sound through her brain. As her viridian coals scanned the horizon, searching silently for Snake, it came to her attention that she was nervous again. The anxiety came through her as though she had fallen into an icy lake; shivers made her muscles twitch, and her pulse raced through each vessel. She could feel her heart slamming against her ribcage, and in a strange way, it almost actually hurt.

Like a roll of thunder, or perhaps just a sleek demon in the dust, Gabriel came into sight. Lucia’s heart almost stopped – a remote wrinkle in her brain telling her that she had lied in their previous conversation some time ago. She had whispered of friendship, not a relationship. It was as though the black female would burst into tears – but she didn’t. She kept her cool; facially blank, but almost dying inside. Watching him come toward Kaena and herself, Lucia’s spine tenses almost nervously, but she just about managed to drop her stance as a mark of respect to the Aquila.

Visiting friends…
The words rolled off Gabriel’s tongue almost instantly. Lucia’s malachite orbs dropped, almost shamelessly. She couldn’t think of anything to say – it was strange really, the idea that she could get on fine with the mother, but the son almost caused her to have a panic attack right on the spot. Smiling weakly, not able to look up at the leader, she bit her tongue in an attempt to reply. Wincing, she inhaled deeply, and parted her maw. This time, the words flowed beautifully – calmly. But for the trained eye, it was clear – she was a train wreck.

“Oh, well… Snake and I… About that, we’re sort of together…”
She wanted the ground to open up and swallow her whole, but having got this far, she pushed herself to go the extra mile. Looking up at Gabriel as best she could, the ebony female spoke once more. “I’m sorry I didn’t go into detail when I met you before,” she apologised, “I just… didn’t want him getting into trouble.” She tipped her head, trying to read a reaction. Would he be angry? She wasn’t sure, but just as she thought she was getting a read on the male, another male crawled into her peripheral.

Snake, in all his beauty, strolled casually across the landscape toward the three of them. His expression seemed as blank as she remembered it, the first time she had ever asked him for a lighter. That was a good day, and as she reminisced, she almost forgot the reason she had came here in the first place. Shaking off the thoughts, she couldn’t help the Cheshire smile that stole her façade when Snake stopped by them. Her heart sank slightly when his over all body language seemed to discard their memories as rubbish, but in the back of her mind she prayed it was just a respect thing for Gabriel. Watching him intently, the fire back in her eyes, she couldn’t help but speak. Even though in her head, she guessed it was the Aquila’s time to talk, she had to say something, anything. She had missed him terribly, and she wanted to tell him that.

“Hi Snake,” she exhaled her words in almost one breath, excited and pent up like never before. Even the scar on her face seemed softer today. “It’s been a while. I’ve missed you…” And then silence. Lucia’s eyes dropped. Paranoia began its nasty tricks, swallowing each section of her mind and telling her things she hoped would not happen. Would Snake return her kindness? Would he have kept to their word of relationship? Or would he send her to the slaughter, and have her banned from the lands forever? Her heartbeat increased, as she waited – waited for her verdict, and wondered emotionlessly, would she die today.

[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 403

The silver-shaded coyote would not have guessed that her son was already acquainted with this sable wolf; she did not know of Gabriel's habits and how often they brought him out of the clan's territory. Kaena herself did not often venture far from her home—it was both fear and shame that kept her home. As the shadows grew deeper and longer, the silver-shaded hybrid fidgeted, awaiting her compatriots. Inferni's territory was big, but now it was not quite as oddly shaped as it had been before—length-wise, the beachfront territory had been a terror to wander up and down. Even so, it butted against the ocean and was relatively easy to defend, and so Kaena did not wish to complain so much. Besides, that place was long dead and burned.

As Gabriel approached, he spoke to Lucia and made himself comfortable, settling to his haunches. He was utterly comfortable here, of course—this was his domain, and Lucia's nervousness seemed amplified by his calm. There was no instinct within the hybrid to increase the coal-colored female's anxiousness, yet she remained quiet. As much as she had come to like Lucia in the short time they had known one another, there was no question where the scarred Centurion's true loyalty was, and for that she was unapologetic. Freindship would never override her loyalty to the clan. The silver-shaded hybrid's head twisted about to greet the arrival of the second canine she had hailed, Snake.

There was relative calm now, and the silver-shaded hybrid found this somewhat amusing, although entirely fitting, given what she knew of Snake. No doubt he was the stoic counterpart of this dynamic; Lucia had proven to Kaena that her love was feverish and powerful almost to the point of foolishness, given the way they had initially met. The coyote woman looked from one face to the other, and nobody seemed willing to mention the reason they were all hanging about here today. Sighing quite softly to herself, the scarred hybrid smiled wearily. “Well, I don't think I have to explain you two to each other, hm?” she asked, glancing from Snake to Lucia. “She's ah, involved with Snake. Maybe to the point of wanting to run with Inferni,” the coyote said casually, though she knew the magnitude of the request—in all the clan's years, there had been three or four wolves in all allowed to call themselves ‘Inferni.’

<style>
.kae-razor b {color:#56275E; font-weight:bold; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; }
.kae-razor p {padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; text-indent:25px;}
.kae-razor {font-family:trebuchet ms, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.1px; line-height:13px; width:375px; background-color:#FFFFFF; padding:10px 0px 134px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/rp/kae/kae_razor.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

He was certain that the poor girl was going to panic. Though she was remarkably calm, Gabriel had spent years observing faces and other tell-tale signs of strangers. Lucia’s actions were different then before and seemed almost forced. She could not look him in the face. Gabriel barely looked at his mother, intent on seeing what the girl had to say. The explanation did not surprise him much (aside from the fact that Snake had a girlfriend) and he found her concern for the boy charming. That or she was a damned good liar. As he thought this new information over, the man in question found the troupe.
     Gabriel watched the sandy coyote quietly, finding something different in him, but something he could not pinpoint. Calm as ever, Snake didn’t seem phased that his lady friend had come calling. He seemed less phased that the leaders of Inferni had found her first. When Lucia spoke to him, Gabriel again looked to her. There was the change—she seemed to perk up as if the sun had finally found her. Yet in that silence Gabriel was certain he heard her breath shorten. Was she afraid? Maybe. She was as unreadable as his Hydra.
     At his mother’s voice, both ears turned back and focused on her. It was clear Gabriel was surprised by the request, for he shot the Centurion a look of disbelief only to turn back to the couple almost instantly. His face became a gargoyle’s mask of stone, eyes sharp and focused now on Snake. “And what do you think of that?” He asked, his voice a low rumble that veiled any opinion.

[/html]
[html]

Snake didn't even have to look at her to know she was all nerves—there was a tension in the air, and it was not coming from any of the members of Inferni. Unfortunately there was a distinct lack of connection between any emotion he might feel brush by and his expression, so he struggled to reassure her. Words were sparing things for the man, especially in the presence of his superiors. While he knew no one else in the pack was, Snake was militaristic—he usually did not consider speaking unless a superior directly addressed him. But he knew he had to do something, lest she have an emotional breakdown here and now. So as she said she had missed him—that was not something that anyone had really told him before—his blank facade slipped for a moment before reassuming itself. He nodded, a small motion, though it was something. His olive eyes appeared a few shades softer.

It wasn't until Kaena spoke that he learned of the source of the tension, and this meeting in the first place. There was the slightest lack of belief to his expression as he considered her siding with Inferni. It was not that he feared commitment (honestly, Snake didn't think about things like that—he lived day by day), it was more just the atmosphere between wolves and Inferni nowadays. A good few wolves didn't take kindly to the clan, and he couldn't imagine how they would react to a wolf who lived with them. Quite frankly, he was stunned. He couldn't believe someone was willing to do something like that for him. He blinked, composing his thoughts as he realized Gabriel had asked him for his opinion.

"If she is willing and you both approve, I agree." Snake had never been one to mince words, even when it came to things like this. But he did think that this seemed a little callous (not that he knew how to fix it; it seemed like a perfectly logical thing to say), and so he added with a somewhat furtive glance toward Lucia, "I will care for her." That was as close to heartfelt as he could get.

He didn't know how they would react. He could follow the movements of an opponent so exactly he could know where they'd be, how to avoid them, and how to dispatch them within seconds. But he didn't think he'd ever be able to understand how thoughts and emotions worked their way through others. It was not logical, and it was not rational—therefore it was beyond Snake's ken.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 586.

As each member of Inferni took turns to speak, Lucia felt like she could curl up and die. The anticipation was killing her slowly, tearing at her brain from the inside-out. If there was ever a good time for the ground to open up and swallow her that would be now. Trying to keep her face free from her emotions, she kept her eyes on Snake. The slightest glance from him seemed to calm her, and that seemed like a big sign that they were meant to happen. She had never felt this way about anyone, and she hoped that if anything, that was the vibe they were getting from her – not the nervous mild panic attack in which she was having deep beneath her skin.

Listening to Snake speak, she tried her best not to feel a little downhearted with his responses to Gabriel. Though he had stated he would care for her, he had not been open about how he actually felt about the ebony wolfess. Trying not to get too paranoid about it, Lucia tried to let it go over her head as though it was nothing but a soldier trying to keep good composure in front of his general, but she knew it would haunt her later – she would have to ask Snake about this later, if or when she got the chance.

“I know I could be a great help to Inferni,”
she finally piped up, trying not to sound too much like she was sucking up. She wanted to keep some of her dignity at least, but in the long haul, she was willing to do anything for Snake, and she hoped he knew it. “…I would be willing to go to the moon and back for him,” she added, nodding slightly toward Snake’s direction, “I won’t be any trouble, I promise!”

Her words trailed off. Now she sounded too desperate. It was best to quit whilst she was ahead, and try to not give the impression that she was a whiney, worthless wolf with little in the sense of dignity, and no independence. Watching Gabriel carefully, she tried again to read him, much like she had done in their last meeting, but he was blank, completely empty. What was he thinking? It worried her – she already knew Kaena’s thoughts, so she paid little mind to the possible expressions on the Centurion’s face – it was the Aquila that bothered her, he seemed so stern. Maybe one day she would find out why – but until then, she would assume in her mind, and leave it be.

Switching her gaze back to Snake, she then tried to read him. On the beach, it had been easy after a while – she wasn’t sure if that had been because of their situation, or because she had just been having a good day. Either way, it wasn’t working now. Was it the environment, or had Snake had a change of heart and failed to tell her about it? She could feel her worry building, and if someone didn’t speak soon, she was surely going to explode. Shifting uncomfortably in the silence, Lucia coughed quietly, as though subtly hinting to move things on a bit. This was torturing her – the wait, the anticipation. All she wanted was to nuzzle up to her lover for the night, and share the passion they had on their first time together – that was her happy place, and waiting for the permission to be there was surely beginning to crucify her.

[/html]
[html]

Could wrap up after this round, probs. ;O

The scarred woman was no stranger to love, though throughout her long life, it had escaped her each time it had briefly touched upon her. Maybe the closest she'd gotten was Ahren, and now he was a ghost—she had thrown him away, shoved him out and away from Inferni. The silvery coyote had it ripped from her with Zulifer, and she had destroyed whatever had existed between her and Zarah once. Every one of them was a ghost. By all rights, the coyote woman could have been pained looking over this freshly blossomed love before her. Instead, she was not—Kaena had never been particularly jealous of anything. Such tendencies rarely surfaced within her, though as with any other, the capacity for them was well within her.

The silvery coyote's ears flicked as she listened to each canine speak their piece, having little else to contribute to the discussion herself. The very fact that she had called Gabriel here was implicit approval; if she had not thought it was a good idea for this sable-shaded wolf to run with them, she would never have hailed him. Her golden-yellow eye peered most curiously at Snake, as he seemed to accept this as stoically and calmly as he accepted any other duty within Inferni. This did not strike her as odd, of course—it was well-within the tawny man's usual demeanor, but even so, perhaps she had expected to see some strike of fire within him. Maybe he reserved that for only those closest to him. Her gaze fell back to Lucia as she spoke, and the hybrid woman smiled faintly at this, though it was not without her own sadness somewhere behind it, perhaps longing for what never was.

<style>
.kae-begin .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.kae-begin p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.kae-begin b {color:#E9B52A; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.kae-begin {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://tbd.sleepyglow.net/kaena/ipb/kae_begin.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:180px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #E9B52A; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#C57622; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.kae-begin-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.kae-begin .separator{width:320px; border-bottom:1px dotted #E9B52A; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

With his mother’s mind made up, and Snake as animated as Gabriel had seen him, the Aquila had been certain of his decision long before the girl had begun speaking. His stony expression softened, and he shook his head with a gruff laugh. “Relax,” he said. “You’re welcome to stay, provided you obey our laws.” A glance to Snake was all the communication he spared to his silent Hydra. Focusing back on the girl, Gabriel’s ears rose to a black crown on his head. Even though his displays of dominance were subtle, he was certain that as a wolf, Lucia would see them. That he could expect from her.
     “You are not going to advance in our ranks. You are below all the coyotes here, and must show them respect to them. I expect you to obey orders as all my coyotes do—if we go to war with wolves, you are to fight. If you find someone crossing our borders without permission, you are to remove them.” Everything else she needed to know, he reasoned, Snake could explain. Wolves, in Gabriel’s opinion, served little purpose within Inferni. Still, a body was a body. Especially if she could fight (and eventually provide more members), and even more so if she could take orders. “Not all of our members are going to be warm to you,” he added. “So be ready for that.” With his final advice, the Aquila rose and made his way off. His part was done.

[/html]
[html]

Expecting any kind of emotional support from Snake at the moment was much like expecting a man whom until recently had been blind all his life to point out colors—there was a learning curve. Snake had been almost completely stoic for a year now, and just because he managed to feel something now didn't mean he knew what to do with it. No, that would come with time, if ever—as for now, things were all business. It escaped him exactly how rare it was for a full-blooded wolf to be accepted amongst the ranks of Inferni, though he could imagine. They had gathered together to resist whatever malevolence the wolves of the area would hold against them—a wolf taking up residence amongst them might very well be making enemies of both sides. But if there was one thing Snake knew he could deal with, it was strife.

His olive gaze was resolutely on Gabriel as the Aquila accepted Lucia into the clan of coyotes—he remembered when they had had an Outsider here before, so he knew that they were stationary in the rankings though still expected to do the usual pack duties. He would be able to explain that in greater detail, of course. Snake nodded graciously as Gabriel glanced in his direction, remaining silent.

With instructions and a warning, Gabriel departed from them. Snake dipped his head in respect to the Aquila, regarding Kaena similarly before turning to face Lucia. There was something vaguely hesitant in his aspect now—something that was not at all usual in the blond coyote, and therefore somewhat intimidating. "I suppose I'll give you the grand tour then, if you want," he said in a tone a few shades softer than his usual deadpan, the faintest trace of a smile upon his impassive features.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 503.

His words, sharp and powerful, had sunk into the wolf’s mind hard. She had listened carefully to Gabriel, and though the idea of being stationary in rank dulled her slightly, she did not change her mind. She was here for Snake, nothing more, and that would remain as such. If things turned sour in the future, maybe then she would consider relocating, but if it went well, there would be no need to ponder on such things. The thought quickly faded. Nodding understandingly to the Aquila, she watched him leave. There was so much pride in his steps; she wondered how it felt to rule over everyone else, how it felt to have everyone respect you, no matter what mistakes you might have made in the past. It was a grand thought, but again, it was not possible. She would remain the lowest of the low, and all in the name of love, and as such, her malachite eyes turned to Snake.

His expression seemed different. Almost blank, but not quite. It worried the obsidian female, but she laid little thought to it for the time being. His words, his beautiful voice, had triggered a distraction, and as she watched the words roll of his tongue, she couldn’t help the smile which tugged at her lips. It became apparent, that perhaps somewhere underneath the layers of stone he buried himself in, he was smiling. It was faint, almost invisible, but she could feel it. Her heart skipped a beat, wondering why it had taken her so long to come and find him. Before now, all she had thought about was him, and all she wanted was to relive those precious moments along the shoreline. Who’d have thought that cigarettes could have provoked such a wonderful feeling, and yes, beyond anything ever before, she was grateful. She was content.

“Yes,”
she finally replied, her voice no higher than a whisper. He had the strange ability of bringing out her quieter side, her softer nature. She felt innocent around him, and it was an odd sensation. Malachite eyes watched him, read him the best she could. Lucia loved the challenge he presented her, loved the chase – and now, right here, the chase had come to her. “That would be great.” Breaths heavy as she spoke. Her nerves tingled; a lump in her throat. It was like a nervous schoolgirl with a crush, except this schoolgirl had her crush, and they would go to the ball. She smiled again, stepping forward, closer and closer. She could feel his breath on her face now. Her eyes searched his face for some sort of inkling of emotion. “How have you been?” she purred quietly, cautiously. “I meant it,” she added, her voice even quieter now. She was shy again, oh how she had missed this feeling, these butterflies in her stomach. How he did it, she would never know, but she was glad he did, and that was that. “I meant it when I said I missed you…”

<style type="text/css">
.l b {font-weight:bold; color:#91ba5a; letter-spacing:1px; }
.l .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#808000; padding-top:250px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.l p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #5c7628}
.l {margin:0 auto; width:350px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... iel/lt.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]