bleach white bones
[html]

For Alex and her awesome Snake guy. <3

After all this time of skirting around the clan’s borders, the young Lykoi child had finally made her way back to Inferni’s doorstep. Since she had left Juniper Peace in search of her siblings, Clover had been wise to keep her distance from the borders of foreign packs, not wanting to cause any senseless trouble. Still, she had been able to come across others in lands neutral and unclaimed, finding out vital information that had eventually led her back to the lands of the coyotes. A gorgeous woman had told Clover that Inferni would be a great investment of her time, as it was where many coyotes found themselves. Perhaps it was here, where Clover did find her sisters’ scents most prominent, that she would be reunited with her family.

Her fingers found her golden walnut hair, twirling a few locks as she often did. Many of her possessions had been left along Drifter Bay, stored away in the assumed safety of an abandoned, dilapidated shack. The only thing the girl brought with her aside from the clothes and bobbles she wore, was a joint tucked into her headband – something she assumed she might be able to use as a peace offering if things got out of hand. It was along a row of piked skulls where the Lykoi found herself waiting, unsure of who to call for or if this was even a good idea. If the clan marked their borders with the bones of their deceased relatives, perhaps it was a sign that a young peaceful girl like herself shouldn’t be anywhere near here. Clover supposed she would come to find out.

<style>
.clover-ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.clover p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.clover b {color:#D09E00;}
.clover {background-color:#A54527; background-image:url(); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:13px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.clover-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
</style>[/html]
I'm sorry for my complete failure, Anna. ._.

[html]

He was patrolling—as he believed his duty encompassed protecting the borders, it was a common occupation of the coyote. But Inferni was apparently at peace, so he did not have any kind of hurry. Snake strolled along, following the line of skull-mounted pikes. He hadn't seen or smelled anything out of the ordinary yet. It was rather unnerving, after having been on red alert for so many weeks during the conflict with Dahlia de Mai. But of course Haku Soul was still out there, so they weren't out of the woods yet.

With the wind coming towards him, he saw the stranger first, just standing near the borders. She was young—either around his age, or younger—and was clearly coyote at least in part. He wondered if it was another member of the Lykoi family drifting through; if you found someone that looked coyote in the slightest, there was around a three-fourths chance that they were related to that family. He wondered if she were waiting for someone—or if it was anyone specific. He came to a halt a respectable distance away, and though he didn't appear outwardly aggressive, he was certainly impassive.

"Can I help you?" he asked, crossing his arms over his scarred chest.

[/html]
[html]

No worries! :}

One finger traced the milky bone of a piked skull, before Clover let it fall away with the slightest shudder. She had come to accept death as a natural occurrence in life. Everyone had their time and eventually Mother Earth would take you out of the world. Yet Clover wasn't accustomed to the idea of murder much. She preferred not too dwell to long on violent ideas such as that, for the girl had been brought up on principles of love and peace. Things like this – bones on display as warning – made her slightly uneasy, but she wasn’t going to give up quite yet. If she did a little prying, perhaps Clover would discover the location of her siblings.

A deep and rough voice sounded, causing the girl to raise both golden eyes to study the approaching figure. She had to guess that he wasn’t far older than her, but it was apparent he had some months on her. The difference in height was apparent, as Clover was rather shorter than average and her petite frame did much to accentuate that. Though his frame was muscular and decorated with the light pink of a variety of scars, he did not present himself as outwardly aggressive. For this, Clover was grateful.

"Perhaps," she chimed happily, stepping away from the piked skull and slightly closer towards the man. "My name is Clover Love and I was told that there are quite a few people here that are of the Lykoi family." She wondered if he himself was a Lykoi, making them family. If what she heard was true, there was a high chance that he was. "I’m looking for my siblings, Sage and China Lykoi." Maybe even Micah had made it here, but Clover had yet to pick up on his scent.

<style>
.clover-ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.clover {background-color:#A54527; background-image:url(); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:13px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Snake still remembered how he had felt when he had first seen the warning that the creatures of Infenri employed to keep out unwanted visitors. They had done their job—they had stopped him in his tracks. But why, that was something he didn’t remember. He might’ve been afraid, or just interested. He had been young—both were possible explanations. Now, however, they didn’t bother him in the slightest. Once the soul was torn from its shell, the body was no longer anything. It was a reminder, and it was a symbol, but it no longer had importance. It would rot. Those that stood sentinel on Inferni’s borders had been given some kind of importance, though—to protect these lands as instruments of fear.

It worked, and that’s all he cared about. It might be the reason that this coyote was still lingering on the more neutral borders instead of gallivanting to claimed lands. Then again, she might not have done that to begin with. He could tell without looking that she had a kind of timidity about her, something wavering and not solid. It didn’t really bother him, but it was something outside of his nature. He almost felt the need to blink when she replied so cheerfully, as if it had momentarily blinded him. He wasn’t very good at talking to those sunny types—no, not at all.

Clover Love Lykoi, huh. What kind of name was that. There was not a drop of surprise in the blond coyote, learning that she was seeking out the family that Infenri was at least half-way comprised of. She was looking for them—that made sense, he guessed. “Many Lykois make this place their home. I know of Kaena, Halo, Eris, Corona, Vieira, Razekiel… and a few newer ones whom I can't remember the names of. I apologize, but I do not know of any Sage or China Lykoi.”

[/html]
[html]

While he spoke, Clover let her focus rest on his soft olive green eyes. It was not a common color to see, but Clover was reminded of a young coyote that had lived amongst those of Juniper Peace. He had been older than she was and Clover had desperately sought his affections, but his attention had always been elsewhere. She wondered what he, and everyone else in Juniper Peace for that matter, where up to now. Most likely the small group had shifted their location, always moving through the vast environment Mother Earth had provided them.

None of the names were recognizable to her until Snake reached the last, and Clover’s maw fell partially open. She hadn’t expected to hear that her father was here, but she supposed that made sense why she’d find her sister’s scents leading this way. This fellow, whatever his name, had not heard of his sisters though, so Clover assumed they had not been here long. At least, not long enough to leave an impression on anyone. It disheartened her to know she would not be successfully in reuniting with China and Sage, but at least she knew she had relations here. Still, Clover wasn’t quite sure if she wanted to see Razekiel straight away.

"That’s a shame," Clover responded quietly, letting her gaze fall away from him for the slightest moment. "Though, it’s good to hear Razekiel lives here, I suppose. That man is my father." Her focus came to find Snake again and her eyes studied the army green bandana present along his forehead. It reminded her of the white headwrap she herself wore, the one her mother had made for her, and Clover had to wonder if perhaps his held some similar meaning. "Thanks for the help, though." Now that the truth was in the open and she knew that her siblings were not here, Clover wasn’t quite sure what to do anymore.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

He noticed with the vaguest sense of amusement that she wore a headband. It wasn't quite the same as the bandanna that Snake himself wore religiously, but he rarely found anyone else who wore anything on their heads. He didn't really make any big deal of it, but it was something interesting enough. He also noticed that she had something tucked into the headband as well—at first he thought cigarette, but it was not. Some other drug, he guessed. Snake smoked and drank, but that was it. The rest of those things tended to mess with your mind, and the idea of needing to fight and being unable due to some kind of drug like that was abhorrent to him. So he did not give them any mind.

There was no recognition in her golden eyes until the last name—that reaction was a little stronger than a distant relative. He wasn't sure what it was supposed to mean until she spoke up, and he realized that he had been right. Her own father was here—though the other two she sought were not—but he still couldn't tell very well if she was truly happy about the prospect or not. Snake was partially understanding. If he heard his own father was here, he wouldn't have much of anything to say about it personally. He had never been close to his father, and that was probably because he had thought another man had been his father for months before being corrected by chance.

He nodded as she thanked him, and he waited to see if she was going to ask to see her father. Nothing came—maybe she didn't want to see him at the moment. Made sense. He wasn't really sure what to say before something occurred to him. "I have been rude," he said abruptly in a somewhat apologetic tone, continuing with mechanical precision with the introduction, "My name is Snake, and this is Inferni. If you need any more help, just ask." He was sure the Lykois wouldn't mind one of their own.

[/html]
[html]

Failfailfail. Idk what they could do from here. :3

His deep, rough voice was intimidating, almost menacing in a way. And yet Clover found some comfort in it, for it was strangely rich. This man had been nice enough to her and had given Clover valuable information about her family. It was strange to know that her siblings weren’t here, thus ending her search for she could no longer find their scents leading elsewhere, but to discover that Razekiel was. Clover didn’t know when she’d finally come face to face with her father again, but she was well aware that it was not going to be today. Though she missed having her family around her, the young coyote was just not quite up for that.

"Snake, huh?" She immediately approved of his name, for it was clear he had been named after one of Mother Earth’s creatures. Similarly, Clover herself had been named after one of Mother Earth’s plants and she liked the fact they had this in common. It reminded her greatly of Juniper Peace. "Well, thanks for the help, dove. Really." Since he was so willing to offer her help, Clover wanted to present him more questions but she was lost on what to ask. Suddenly, she was aware she felt strangely out of place. "I guess that’s all I really needed to know then," she shrugged. "I really thought they’d be here," though it was a comment more to herself.

<style>
</style>[/html]
You may post again and/or archive or whatever. <333

[html]

He would never understand searching for family, even though it seemed to be a popular thing around here. Of course, Snake would probably never understand family. He had watched it here, especially with the Lykoi clan, and he had trouble drawing any similarities with how he was raised. Where it wasn't the Boss and his sons (some of which were Snake's half-brothers), it was the somewhat strained relationship between himself and his mother, or his venomous rivalry with his twin. None of them were particularly anyone he would want to see again--quite frankly, the only one he had formed any attachment to was dead. That was why he was here, as far away from them as he could manage.

Snake nodded to acknowledge her parroting of his name, and her thanks--he knew it was nothing, but there was no reason in bringing it up. He was waiting to see if there was anything else she wanted to know about Inferni and its garrison of Lykoi inhabitants, but he could tell from the expression on her face and the look in her eye beforehand that she didn't have much more to inquire about. So when she voiced something similar to that thought, he simply nodded once more and said, as helpfully as he could, "If I do hear of them or meet them, I will tell them that you were looking." He dipped his head; something of a polite dismissal, seeing as though she was still standing at the doorstep of the clan. He added, however, "I believe you are welcome here if you wish to return." She was the daughter of one of the clan-members, of course.

He did not leave quite yet, however; daughter of Razekiel or no, he was a guardian of these lands, and he would see her leave.

[/html]