Character Name: Tropical Jazia
Character Birthdate (including year): October 5th, 2009
Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Wolf
Species: Canine, Grey Wolf
A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M): Only Email
Currently played characters: Tropical jazia
How you found 'Souls: From a friend
Initial post:

There was a warm breeze that carried the scent of an on coming rain. The sky had darkened since the trespasser had first entered. She stood below a large tree, catching her breath and taking in the scents around her. It was different, she could feel it in the moist air around her. This was the start of something new.

Jazia was showered with dew drops as a small creature scampered on a branch above her. She rapidly shook off the moisture, creating a shower of rain around her. Coincidentally, hard drops began to pour down from the dark clouds above. Luckily, the foliage canopy she was laying under protected her from getting pelted. Jazia watched as the Earth was soaked with rain, and felt the air around her turn a bit more gelid.

Was she going to be greeted sometime soon? Jazia wasn't impatient, just a curious wolf. She thought about things deeper than need be, even during unnecessary situations.
[html]

Hello! Welcome to 'Souls! I'm Sie, if you have any questions, please feel free to shoot me a PM on my Primary Account, Kaena Lykoi. Big GrinBig Grin

The afternoon had been dry thus far, but the silver-shaded werewolf had not missed the darkening of the clouds to the north. The rains would come later, but for now, he was content to explore the forested area of the coast, meandering through the trees as quietly as he could. Rurik wasn't much of an epic hunter, true, but he could handle his own—after all, if he got close enough, he could swing his sword around pretty wildly and still keep a decent success rate.

Just as the silver-shaded werewolf caught the scent of a stranger, the rain began to pour, soaking the earth with the lovely scent of fresh rainwater. The Duke peered through the water, trying to discern this newcomer from the relative shade that had come along with the rain and water. There! He meandered over with a smile on his face, though there was also concern lurking in his features. “Allo there,” the man said softly. “Are you lost? Zhese territory belong to Cour des Miracles,” Rurik explained. She didn't appear to have anywhere to go, and Rurik didn't exactly want to chase her out of the pack, but he knew he wasn't supposed to let anyone trespass.

<style type="text/css">
.rurik-bones b{font-weight:bold; color:#B44100; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:trebuchet ms, sans-serif; font-size:13px;}
.rurik-bones em {font-style:normal; color:#7F2E00; font-weight:bold; }
.rurik-bones strong{font-weight:bold; color:#B88060; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:trebuchet ms, sans-serif; font-size:13px;}
.rurik-bones p{text-indent:35px; padding:0px 15px 15px 15px; margin:0px;}
.rurik-bones{width:400px; background-color:#DED2C2; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/rp/rurik/rurik_bones.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 252px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
A new scent arrived whistling through the air. Jazia knew the scent right away, it was a werewolf. She hoped she wouldn't be driven away from the creature near. When she heard it speak, Jazia wasn't able to prick out the inner depths of its words. The tone wasn't clear enough to figure anything out from it.

"Yes. I know," Jazia stated. She knew where she was, she didn't just wander places like some unintelligent wolf would. The air changed then, the warmth arriving back. It hugged Jazia and made her calm. This wasn't the time to get aggressive.
[html]

This woman seemed rather quiet, and the silver-shaded werewolf knew he ought not to be his usual merry and explosive self. Though his friendliness was always intended in the best way possible, he knew sometimes he could be overwhelming—and with this slight femme before him, he did not wish to drive her off. She was in her four-legged form, though Rurik knew it was always possible she was not a Luperci. Normal wolves were more common in this part of the world than his homeland, and Rurik was not one to hold that against anyone. He smiled again, intent on keeping things friendly. “Do you seek a home here? Zhis is fine, zhis is good—but eef not, I zhink I am supposed to ask you to go,” the man said, his bright blue eyes lingering on the ground at his feet. He was clearly uncomfortable with this idea, but he knew he had to serve his pack—being friendly was less important than making sure everyone in the pack remained safe, and he could not account for this stranger roaming free within the lands just yet. “I ahm Duke Rurik Russo of zhis pack,” he added, hoping an introduction would make things go smoothly.

Table by Gwen
<style>
.rurik-giftgwen b {color: #DFCA64}
.rurik-giftgwen p {text-indent:25px; padding: 0px 8px 0px 8px; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px }
.rurik-giftgwen { width: 350px; border: 1px; border-style: solid;border-color: #000000; background-color: #000000; background-image: url(http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/pp61 ... /rurik.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom: 130px; font-family: verdana; font-size: 11px; line-height: 14px; color: #6a4a03; text-align: justify; }
</style>
[/html]
The light of the day was growing dim, and the was slowly making its way up to the sky. The question was already answered in Jazia's head. Of course she wanted a home here, she had traveled days to get to this location and it was not just for fun. She stared at the wolf near her. Couldn't this creature tell she wanted to stay? Instead of giving the answer directly, Jazia nodded in the direction of the territory. Not waiting for a reply, she began walking toward it.
[html]

Rurik was normally an extremely patient man, and this was no different today—however, a conflict arose within him as the she-wolf nodded and continued on her way. She seemed upset in some way; she had hardly spoken since his arrival. The last thing Rurik wished to do was to upset her further, yet he knew he had an obligation to this Cour des Miracles. He owed it to his packmates and his children to provide protection, and so he stepped up quickly, trying to head around her. “Hold on just one meeneet,” the werewolf said, disapproving. “You must vait—Veegee vill be here eef I call heem, or mebbe Ruree. Zhey are leaders, zhey tell you eef you stay,” he insisted. The silver-shaded werewolf did not waste a moment before tilting his head to the sky and howling for one of the leaders, a little more insistent than usual. Rurik was nowhere near the top of the tier in this pack. Decisions were not his to make, and Rurik rather liked it that way.

<style>
.rurik-angel {width:400px; background-color:#E1E3D8; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/rp/rurik/rurik_angel.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:10px; padding-bottom:286px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
.rurik-angel b {color:#2A5784;}
.rurik-angel strong {color:#001A33;}
.rurik-angel strong {color:#0A3966;}
.rurik-angel p {text-indent:40px; padding:0px 12px 0px 12px; margin:1px 0px 10px 0px; }
</style>
[/html]
Attempting to stay calm, Jazia simply sat down in the grass and waited for one of the leaders to arrive. She didn't want to mess this up, if she did, where would she go?

As the waiting continued, the breeze picked up. Jazia's fur blew with the currents of air. The clouds above began to look as if a rainfall may occur, and she hoped she would be able to arrive to the new territory before that happened. The moisture in the air was thick, creating a slight fog. Hopefully the leaders were good at locating, because soon the sight just wouldn't help at all when the fog became thicker.
[html]

300+ words.

Vigilante was feeling nearly as gray as the overcast sky seemed to be. The rain was beginning to bother him, and that was a rare incident indeed. Generally, the weather did not bother him, but overbearing heat was not something he enjoyed. His body had been made for the cold and wet, but despite this, the pouring rain did not please the secui King. He sighed, trotting along the borders with his face down, turned against the water. As usual, he was continuing his duties regardless of the weather, but he certainly was not pleased by it. The rain was a most unwelcome visitor today.

Ears twisted in the direction of Rurik's call, the urgency in it uncommon for the happy silver-toned man. Vigilante turned without question, alarmed at what might have triggered the insistence that was in his voice. He did not recall ever having heard Rurik sound so, and he moved quickly, curious to know what could be the cause of the urgency. Generally, Rurik was a happy and friendly, incredibly boisterous, individual. If something had seemingly gotten to him enough that he would call for a leader so insistently, then Vigilante assumed that something must actually be wrong, even something small.

The secui King held himself dominantly as he arrived, approaching the pair with a curiousity that he flickered in his glance at Rurik, who looked far from pleased about something in the current situation. "I am Vigilante Haskel, the King of this pack," he said, incredibly unhappy by how far into the pack's territory the pair was. Normally this would not be a problem, but Rurik did not look happy at all. "Is there a problem?" He could easily see what had happened—the pack had been subject to its fair share of trespassers before—but he wanted to hear it from them, beginning with Rurik. The secui male looked at the Duke expectantly.

<style>
.vigi-foryou b {color:#4E5E86; font-weight:bold; }
.vigi-foryou p {padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; text-indent:25px;}
.vigi-foryou {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#293041; letter-spacing:.1px; line-height:13px; width:375px; background-color:#FFFFFF; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/vigi2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

http://sleepyglow.net/rp/rurik/rurik_bottledrage.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 245px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;">

Rurik had served as an alpha once before in the Syemv pack. He was generally not one to complain about anything, but he had not enjoyed it. There was responsibility, there was pressure, there were problems—Rurik greatly enjoyed the social aspect of leadership, of course. It was a wonderful opportunity to meet others, but beyond that... he could have gone without the alphaship aspect. It was quite different on a boat; being a captain was far simpler. Perhaps Rurik was simply used to the sea and living on it, or maybe it was the smaller space. A ship was far smaller than the average pack's territory.

Rurik could only hope that Vigilante or Ruri would show up soon; he waited uncomfortably with the other canine, shifting from one foot to another. After a few moments of this he anxiously took out a hand-cigarette from the pack he kept in his pocket. He lit it absently, his blue eyes drifting to the sky to take note of the weather. It didn't seem as if it would rain right away, and he thought he might have time to finish his smoke before the water ruined it. Otherwise, he had nothing to do and little else to say—this meeting was awkward, to say the least, and it was exceedingly rare Rurik to feel such a way.

Within a few moments, however, salvation was apparent—the tawny-furred alpha made his way forth, and Rurik smiled in relief, his tail wagging. He took a few more short puffs from his cigarette and stubbed it out into the ground. The lack of a filter meant such an act was not littering—the natural paper and the tobacco would merely become one with the earth again. “Ah, Veegee,” the werewolf said, bowing his head toward the King. “Ve see so much of each ozher lately!” the werewolf declared, finding this to be a good thing, of course. He straightened up, wanting to get down to their business. “I... ah, uhm. Zhis newcomer, I find on territory,” he said uncomfortably. “She does not vant to talk to me much, but says vant to join, I zhink. Maybe you talk, you find out?” the werewolf said, shifting his weight from one foot to the other.

<style type="text/css">
.rurik-bottledrage b{font-weight:bold; color:#BC2B26; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:trebuchet ms, sans-serif; font-size:13px;}
.rurik-bottledrage em {color:#770501;font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:trebuchet ms, sans-serif; font-size:13px; font-style:normal;}
.rurik-bottledrage p{text-indent:35px; padding:0px 15px 15px 15px; margin:0px;}
</style>
[/html]
Jazia could tell that she was in trouble. Digging through things to say in her head, stress filled her body. She had already blown it, there wasn't a good chance of getting into the pack now.

"I'm sorry," she began politely, "The travel here has brought me uncontrollable tiredness and irritableness. I can barely even think right now. Please forgive me, friends." Jazia bowed to them and smiled sweetly. She hoped she was safe now.

It was easy for her to cover up her real personality with sincere words, but that was definitely not who she was. However, when times like these required a switch, she was willing to do whatever it took.
[html]

300+ words.

Jade eyes flickered to the blue of his pack member's, the King listening intently to what the Duke had to say. He was already not a fan of what seemed to be going on here, not one bit. Though the pack was fairly relaxed, Vigilante absolutely did not like trespassers. Trespassers were sneaking around on the pack's territory—they could not be trusted. He was not keen on giving them the benefit of the doubt, though in some cases it was necessary. Charles had been an exception to this, as he'd not had much choice in where his boat left him. Generally speaking, though, the Haskel man was never fond of trespassers. He would give them chances, occasionally. Gunner Banes had been an impudent brat, and he had accepted her as a Serf for her trespassing and her attitude. Like he had suspected, she had not stayed in the pack for very long.

He offered Rurik a half-smile, nodding his agreement at the sentiments. "That does seem to be the case, and I am glad for it." He was always glad to spend more time with the members of his pack, something he had not done much in the past. The rest of what the Duke had to say was taken in by the King, his eyes turning to scan the newcomer when she spoke in turn. Something about her bothered him, and he suspected it was largely in part for her seemingly refusal to speak to Rurik. "Being tired and travelling far is no excuse for trespassing. Our borders are clearly marked," and he knew this because he was the one to mark them, "and our pack does not appreciate trespassers. You found her this far in?" he asked, glancing once more at Rurik. It was not as if they were just inside the borders, not nearly so.

<style>
.vigi-foryou p {padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; text-indent:25px;}
.vigi-foryou {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#293041; letter-spacing:.1px; line-height:13px; width:375px; background-color:#FFFFFF; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/vigi2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
Clearly, Jazia had blown it. Was there any possible way to save herself from not being accepted? She was fired up with anger and ashame. Jazia couldn't help her impatientness, she was born with it, and it was never leaving her body. She hated herself for acting so foolish, and wished there was some kind of way to explain to them her problem. Jazia knew they wouldn't understand. She would have to think up something.

"You see, my friends, I can tell you're very upset with me. You should be. I'm not the best creature out there," Jazia explained, with a gloomy tone, "On my way here, I fell. Hard. On a large stone. My head was injured and my mind is blown. I can't explain the feeling, I just can't control what I say now."

She tried to smile, but the lies she told were unbearable to tell. Jazia wasn't a liar, she wasn't a criminal, she was a stupid wolf with uncontrollable emotions. Would someone like that ever be accepted? Was there a chance? She doubted it.

As sureness that she was unwanted filled her body, she walked off the the territory, onto land that wasn't part of theirs. "I'm sorry. Truly," Jazia told the truth now. It felt good. She sat on the dewey grass and stared off into the distance with disgust in herself.
[html]

I am so sorry for the horrible wait on this. Like I said in my PM, a few things came up and I wasn't online much... 300+ words. WotD: quintessential.

Vigilante knew that Jacquez had not been the quintessential alpha male, and he also knew that he was not, either. Still, despite the fact that he was not the typical leader, he knew that he took a similar approach to trespassers as many leaders did. They were not appreciated. The King looked to Rurik, who nodded in response to the question, confirming that he had, in fact, found the girl so deep within the pack's territory. "The last girl to trespass was allowed to join, but as a Serf, the lowest ranked pack member, until she could prove that she deserved a higher rank." Of course, Gunner had disappeared long before she had been capable of moving up in the ranks. He would have been surprised to learn that she had stayed a few weeks, if even that. Truthfully, he did not know, and admittedly, he did not care. "If you are interested in joining, you will need to earn respect and trust, things not generally conveyed by trespassing."

The girl was young, but something bothered the caramel colored male a great deal. Rurik was one of the higher ranked members of the pack—not at the top, but certainly not anywhere near the bottom—and his title should suggest this. As far as he knew, this had never been a problem before. "Why would you not speak to Rurik before my arrival?" he inquired, probing for an answer from the girl. He did not like the idea that she was not interested in showing respect to anyone other than the leader, and that was how it seemed to be. Of course, it was entirely possible that he was mistaken, but he did not like the idea that she would not speak to anyone but the King, unless she could come up with a damn good reason.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/rp/rurik/rurikmaritgift.png); background-position:bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#005ac7; border:1px solid #444477;">

OKSIEGONOW? XD <3 Assume Rurik just waved bye-bye if Vigi says yes in next post. ^_^

The silver-shaded man did not like to get in anyone's way or make anything difficult, and he hung his head rather miserably after nodding to Vigilante's question. Perhaps this was why he had failed so horribly as a leader—though he knew Vigi's words to ring true regarding respect and trust, he was not one to offer punishment. The silver-shaded werewolf could not truly remember punishing anyone in his long life—maybe his children here and there, but even so, he had never been a harsh or strict parent; Verusha had been their disciplinarian. After a moment his bright blue eyes looked up again, almost apologetically peering at the newcomer. He hoped she would still join, and he hoped if she did join that she did not hold this against him—the silver-shaded werewolf hated making waves for anyone, and he wished only for friendliness and friendship of everyone. “If zhat is all, I can go now, please?” he asked Vigilante, clearly nervous with this prospect. Maybe he would stay away from the borders from now on. Even if it provided a service to the pack, he was just plain terrible at it.

<style>
.rurikgiftmarit b {color:#85d2dd;}
.giftmaritliliya {font-weight:bold; color:#002961;}
.rurikgiftmarit p {text-indent:25px; margin:0px; padding:0px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
300+

Jazia felt a tinge of pain in her heart. She was not the wolf she wanted to be, nor would she ever be. The question the leader had asked swirled around in her brain. Truthfully, she didn't know that answer. She didn't know anything right now. Why hadn't she spoken to him? She was irritable at the time, that is for sure. Although, that was no excuse. Jazia wished the wind could push away the past, and she could start over.

"Let me begin by saying, I am trying to change. I am. Truly. My life has been changing so much recently, I just can't keep everything sorted. Especially my emotions," Jazia stated words she was confident with, they were true and hopefully reasonable. "I will give everything I can, do everything I have to do, to gain respect from you. I need this life you have to offer for me, I can't handle the travel anymore. I need a home."

Jazia looked up at the leader and tried to smile, but not even a half grin world emerge. Her eyes filled with hope, and her mind filled with confusion. What if she was sent away? Would she make it? Not being accepted was definitely not an option for her. Jazia was ready to complete any task the leader desired.

The Earth suddenly felt cold and glum. The trees didn't seem to sway the happy dance they usually did, the grass wasn't lush like it always looked, the sky was dark and miserly. Has the planet caught notice of Jazia's situation and altered everything to make it worse? If that was the case, it was certainly working immensely. For once, the Earth was not her friend. If only it could be sunny, the trees could dance, the grass could gleam...this day would be slightly better.

<style>
.jaz .ooc {font-style:italic;}
.jaz p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:15px;}
.jaz b {color:#ffd04c; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.jaz {background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/575/tropicaljazia.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:279px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#fff; letter-spacing: 1px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.jaz-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.jaz .separator{width:350px; border-bottom:1px dashed #eeebb4; margin:5px auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Just as a head's up, she'll probably move up at the next shuffle, which happens around the 1st of July. This is just because the in-character circumstances of this thread dictate this outcome. ^^;

Vigilante nodded to the silver-furred Duke, the discomfort of the male obvious. The caramel-colored King wished that there was a way for him to make Rurik more comfortable in this situation, but he doubted it was possible. He felt that Rurik had handled it well, regardless, and he hoped that it would not discourage Rurik from border-duty, as he seemed to enjoy doing it, in situations where the newcomer was friendly and the air was not tense. "That is fine, Rurik, and I will be seeing you," he said, offering the man a smile as he waved.

The girl seemed apologetic, and Vigilante did not know how to handle it, truthfully. With Gunner, she had not seemed to understand that her actions were not acceptable. The only reason he had accepted her into the pack had been because of Firefly. If she had not been there, it was likely that the King, the then-Constable, would have turned her away. "As I said before, the pack does not take to trespassers, however, we do not turn anyone away immediately. I told you of a past trespasser who was accepted as a lower-ranking member, and the same will go for you. If you do anything to prove you cannot be trusted, though.." he trailed off, the warning clear.

<style>
</style>[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.