I Hate Rain But I Love Snow
◦Character Name: Averaeshi
◦Character Birthdate (including year):
◦Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci Verto
◦Species: Half Arctic Wolf/Half Tundra Wolf
◦Gender: Male
◦A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M). None (Please forgive me I'm prcticaly amish when it comes to computers)
◦Currently played characters: Averaeshi
◦How you found 'Souls: Browsing through several wolf sites by the links on their pages.

Word Count~400+

Averaeshi sighed as the rain assualted him mercilesly without any sign of letting up in the foreseeable future. He was wet, tired, and hungry and now his leg was paining him once again. If this dalm rain didn't let up soon he might as while head back into the forests even if there was a chance of encountering one of the less frendier packs of Nova Scotia. Why couldn't it snow, Averaeshi loved snow.

That was another thing, why did this Couz de whatever their called pack have to live on a dalm beach. Sure there were territory disputes but what place didn't have them, and there was a lot of comfy looking woodland right behind him. I'll just have to get used to it if I'm going to live here, Averaeshi thought with a sigh. At least it's not cold like up North, this storm is nothing compared to those cursed blizzards we used to get up North, he thought again.

Dalm it, who was he kidding, he missed his home. He hated this place and he hated the warmth, and he hated that dalm rain. He pictured the frosty dunes of snow in his mind, now replaced by hills of wet sand. This dalm sand, it would take months to groom it all out of his pelt, why did the rain have to modify everything it touched to be so bothersome. They never had this problem up North, the only thing they ever had to deal with was the cold and the snow. Snow, Avraeshi was just beggining to realize how much he loved snow.

A pang of lonileness entered his heart as he remembered the North, the image of his mother's body flickering in his mind. He sighed again and started to pick up his speed, cursing himself for not letting go, even after allt hat had happened. But thats what he had come here for in the end wasn't it? This was his one chance at a new life, free from the scars in his heart. No, he admitted to himself it was to find the awnsers to why he woke up screaming in the night. He had been stupid back then, feeling like he could vanquish all of the monsters of his past with each fight, and now....now he was the monster. He halted, guessing he was close enough and let out a howl hoping somebody in this dalm pack was close enough to hear him.
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/rp/rurik/erin_rurikban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Hellooooo! (Word Count: 304)

The silver-shaded werewolf had left his pants inside of the house tonight. There was no point in going out in the rain and meandering about only to get them all soaked. He would be much more comfortable in plain fur today. As the silver-shaded werewolf had been born naked, and most canines of this area were naked as well, the Duke had no problems with this, of course. Even in his homeland, clothes were primarily for added warmth—sometimes it was necessary even for the thick-furred Russian wolves of his family. The winters of Sobirat'sya were cold, and they were one of the things Rurik missed most about his homeland, coming in second only to his family. They were always the first thing Rurik missed about home, of course.

The swain padded through the forest, the sound of rain filling his ears. Though he was completely soaked, the silver-shaded werewolf knew he was performing a duty to his pack here—he had greeted two wolves very recently, and he wanted to make himself useful. Thus far he did not think he had done a great job, and this was an easy way to help out, so he figured he ought to stick to the borders. Their northernmost border seemed most active, and so this was where Rurik was when he heard the howl. The stranger was not terribly far from his present location, and so the werewolf turned, trotting off quickly toward the source of the howl. The silver-shaded man approached the other canine more slowly, lifting his hand to wave at the stranger. “Allo there!” he called, halting a few feet away from the man. “Mine name is Duke Rurik Russo of zhis Cour des Miracles pack. How can I help you?” he asked warmly, the ash-dusted tip of his tail wagging friendliness.

<style>
.rurik-gifterin002 b {color:#A5A7AC;}
.rurik-gifterin002-liliya {color:#676A71; font-weight:bold;}
.rurik-gifterin002 p {text-indent:25px; }
</style>[/html]
Averaeshi heard athe sound of padding footsteps, but he couldn't catch a scent with this dalmed rain. He surveyed his surroundings and nearly leaped in surpprise when he noticed a tall gray pelted creature that he guessed to be a luperci. He hesitated, almost sensing the hundreds of possible futures this one conversation was bound to create, and once again wondered wether he should head back.

No, he cursed at himself for being so weak and raised his head high as he said, "I am Averaeshi, I come from norzern lands far to ze north. I have... questions zat I need awnsered. Important questions zat as far as I know only ze luperci hold ze awnsers to. I have travelled very far and.....I have nowhere else to go, so I guess what I'm trying to say is I wish to join your pack, if you'll have me."
[html]

Hi there! Hopping in now, since there was a howl in the first post and what not. Big Grin

The secui King had remained in his house that morning, spending the time with Ayita. Since his change in rank, he had been doing everything possible to make sure the pack would continue to run smoothly in the absence of Jacquez, and he feared he had been neglecting his mate and adopted daughter. The time spent with Ayita was cherished, and he did not feel guilty responding to the howl now. The rain, of course, made things unpleasant, but the sooner that he answered the call, the sooner he could return to his mate. He certainly did not expect Ruri to go out in the rain, considering he did not want to, so he did not mind responding to the stranger's call quickly.

Vigilante kissed his mate's cheek, letting her sleep now, before exitting the house and moving quickly through the gray and damp air in the direction of the howl. Once again, he could smell Rurik in the area, and he quickly spotted the man—without clothes, strangely—as he approached. The other was, of course, a stranger. Those that called from the borders usually were, with very rare exceptions. "Hello," he said pleasantly. "I am Vigilante Haskel, the King of Cour des Miracles."

<style>
.vigi-foryou b {color:#4E5E86; font-weight:bold; }
.vigi-foryou p {padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; text-indent:25px;}
.vigi-foryou {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#293041; letter-spacing:.1px; line-height:13px; width:375px; background-color:#FFFFFF; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/vigi2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Gonna have Rurik step out here so you two can finish more quickly. ^_^ (315)

The silver-shaded werewolf was quite glad to see newcomers to the pack, as always—new faces meant new friends, and this was always good news for Rurik. Though at first there seemed to be some surprise on the new canine's face, he spoke up rather quickly, and lucky the newcomer did not seem so intimidated by Rurik. This was a good thing, of course—the last thing the gentle Russian wished to do was to intimidate anyone. “Well, Averaeshi. I cannot accept you to our pack, but maybe someone will come who can, ya? I don't expect your howl escape everyone else's ears,” he said merrily. It was of no concern to Rurik where he ranked or what he was and was not able to do—this pack was not strict and they did not ask a great deal of him. This he enjoyed greatly, as the silver-shaded hybrid was more likely to work harder when he did not have someone driving at his back, goading him to do things. “Eef I can halp wizh any of your questions, you let me know, vrubatsa?” Rurik added. The noise of another approach caught Rurik's attention, and he twisted his head around in time to see Vigilante approach. “Aha, he comes,” the Russian said, turning back to Averaeshi with a grin. As Vigilante drew closer, Rurik bowed his head respectfully, and waited for the other man to speak. “Good to see you again, Vigilante! Zhis is Averaeshi. He vant to join Cour des Miracles pack—I do not have chance to ask heem anyzhing yet,” he added apologetically. “Eet vas nice meeting you, Averaeshi—hope ve vill be packmates soon!” He then turned back toward Vigilante, though he clearly addressed both canines. “I vill leave you to your verk, then, my friends. See you soon,” he said, traipsing off with a happy wave, naked in the rain.

<style>
.rurik-angel {width:400px; background-color:#E1E3D8; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/rp/rurik/rurik_angel.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:10px; padding-bottom:286px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
.rurik-angel b {color:#2A5784;}
.rurik-angel strong {color:#001A33;}
.rurik-angel strong {color:#0A3966;}
.rurik-angel p {text-indent:40px; padding:0px 12px 0px 12px; margin:1px 0px 10px 0px; }
</style>
[/html]
Averaeshi had heard that the pack whose boundries he now stood on was lax, but he was amazed that they would treat outsiders with such indifference as to let a wolf who was no the Alpha greet them first. In the north, where the prey was scarce and winters harsh, such stupidity could get you killed. Than an astounding thought entered his head, could this pack be at peace with all the other packs in the vicinity. It was imposssible, and yet he stangely found himself drawn to a pack who instigated peace and not war.

As the strange wolf with the accent not unlike his own finaly left Averaeshi turned to better examine the wolf who must be the Alpha. He had a mostly brown pelt and...wait, he was a dog? Averaeshi had heard of a few select wolf packs with dogs as their Alpha but had never had the plaesure of meeting them. Averaeshi suposed it didn't realy matter as long as the person in question contributed to his pack. If his childhood had proved anything it was that may pureblooded wolves could be a lot dalm worse as leaders than nonwolves. Dalm,he was drifting again, and in front of the Alpha, or was it King?

Averaeshi took a moment to compose his thoughts, listening to the rain fall, before finaly saying, "As ze crazy wolf with the simileer accent said, I weesh to join your pack. But that is not all I have come to do, for I am seekeng awnsers to my questions. I, unlike you, was not born a luperci, and due to my youthfull stupeedity I am cursed yo be one. I weel spare you the deetails but my life was not pretty, and I find myself in need of a purpose if I am to remain sane. So, I wish to give ze pack who call theemselves Cour des Miracles my undying loyalty if zey weel have it."
[html]

WotD: Fathom. 300+ words.

Vigilante smiled as Rurik took his leave. They seemed to be running into one another frequenetly as of late, particularly in the presence of new pack members. The influx of joiners was strange, but he was not going to complain. Most were very pleasant, though the one who had trespassed and did not wish to speak to the one that had greeted her had not been a joy to work with. Vigilante could not fathom why someone would trespass on the lands of a pack they then asked to join. It was no matter for him to think about now, though, and the secui King focused his attention on the newest joiner once the silver-colored werewolf had parted ways with them.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Avaraeshi," he began, studying the male with interest. Most in the area were luperci, and he suspected that the majority of them had been born as such. He had never met anyone so openly unhappy about the ability to shift. At least, he assumed that the male was not happy about it, considering the way that he had worded his sentiments about his new ability. Vigilante could not imagine a life without the ability to shift. His family'd had the ability for a number of generations now, and it was rare for him to come across anyone that did not have the ability.

The secui King would not pry into the stranger's past for details of what had happened to him, but he did have a few things that he needed to know. "What could you offer our pack, in return for a home?" he inquired. He knew that the pack had a reputation for being very relaxed, and this was true, but he wanted to ensure that any new member would be wlling to hold their own in the pack. No one was required to do anything, but he needed to feel comfortable knowing that any new member was willing to work for the pack's benefit.

<style>
.vigi-foryou p {padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; text-indent:25px;}
.vigi-foryou {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#293041; letter-spacing:.1px; line-height:13px; width:375px; background-color:#FFFFFF; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/vigi2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
Averaeshi paused as he listened to the Alpha...King's response. He was going to have to get used to these dalm titles. Just how many of them were there anyways? "Vat can I do", he responded,"the awnser is, not much, in fact I'll probably only become a hindrance vith thees damn leg of mine. However, I can still hunt and.....fight as vell as any other volf if you need me to. It vill, of course, take me some time to get used to the surrounding terrain. I don't care if you make me an omega our vhatever, I'll vork hard either way. If you don't have enough room, however, I unerstand. If vorst comes to vorst I can go back to being a loner, I just, vill, I don't know if you've ever experienced it but it's difficult to have nothing to fight for and nobody to care for you after your dead. So please, I'll beg if I have to, let me into your pack."
[html]

Sorry for the delay!

Vigilante never quite knew what to expect when asking such a question, but it always surprised him when a newcomer did not immediately begin to boast their skills. When it came to those that spoke of their downfalls, there was an entirely new thing to deal with. He had to decide whether or not there was anything that they could contribute or were willing to contribute. There was a fine line between those being modest about their skills and those that were simply lazy, but something else that Avaraeshi said caught the caramel-colored King's attention. "I have been in that position," he admitted. It was then that he had dropped his former profession, when he had nothing left to live and act for. "Welcome to the pack. You will start out as a Seigneur, and as you move up through the ranks, you will be able to learn more about your own skills to see what you might like to pick up as a specific job, if you want one. Did you have any questions?"

<style>
</style>[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.