old haunts are for forgotten ghosts [joining]
[html]<style type="text/css">
.ezra-fevers { border:1px solid #fff;background-image:url(http://i49.tinypic.com/6nxb8x.jpg);background-position:top;background-repeat:no-repeat;width:430px;background-color:#030419;font-family:arial;font-size:1em; line-height:1.4em;color:#fdedca; margin: 0 auto; }
.ezra-fevers .header {margin:0 auto}
.ezra-fevers .content{ padding:250px 10px 10px 10px; text-align:justify}
.ezra-fevers .content p {margin: 0; text-indent:30px; }
.ezra-fevers .content b {color:#D9D7D8;font-family:georgia;}
</style>

I AM SO. FREAKING. RUSTY. I can barely remember what to do. don't laugh at me? >_>

Ezra Rosen.

6/12/07.
Wolf.
66% Canus lupus / 33% Canis familiaris.
AIM: omgitskjt
btwww I came back causa tammi Big Grin

There had been too much traveling. His feet were tired, cracked -- continuing on the road seemed more like a punishment than a haven from his old life. Six months of looking at treelines and hiding in the shade of mountains exhausted Ezra just thinking about it. The smell of civilization was far too alluring -- the stench familiarity hit him miles away from the actual packlands. As per tradition, he hugged the coastline down for miles until his feet couldn't walk anymore. It had been simply too exhausting to keep hopping over sticks and watching out for other creatures. It all honesty, he just didn't give a shit about anyone else. He just wanted to stick to himself until he found someone to lead him in the right direction.

This coast seemed different, however. It was clearly occupied, the smell was everywhere. He sneezed, and finally came to a halt. It would look really bad if he just stomped all the way into the heart of the lands. That respect he knew full well -- there had been a time early on in his journey where a pack of selfish werewolves threatened to bite his paw off if he took even one step closer. The thought of that area disgusted him.
So this was the predicament. Ezra knew he couldn't walk farther in. There was no real point yet, he supposed -- he was going to get caught eventually and either turned away or.. well, eaten. Ezra sighed, and looked at his feet. They were bloody, calloused, and covered with mud. "Hmmf. Look at that," he said quietly to no one in particular. The sun was just starting its evening retire -- she hadn't turned blood red yet. Ezra now was getting really worried -- what the hell should he do? Howl? Sit there? Keep walking? He was still on the young side and clumsy around awkward first meetings.
His final decision was to just sit and wait. How proactive of you, Ezra.

[/html]
[html]
Hi, I'm AG Big Grin 300+

The sea. The sea called to her from beyond the confines of her room and Marika listened. The small town of Lunenburg, where Rurik lived, provided enough houses for the girl. She had chosen a small one, only a little bedroom and a small kitchen, decent in size for what she needed. A rickety old bed sufficed for the night, although with the sort of warm weather and the breeze coming off the sea, Marika slept outside, curled up in her wolf form. It was one of the few times she preferred her four-legged self, as clothes could not hamper her. It meant she was close enough to hear any calls, but secluded enough that during the day, she could sit outside and practice her pan pipes. The music, coupled with the familiar feeling of sea salt, reminded her of home, before everything went crazy and broken.

The wolfess walked out of her house slowly, the gold coins on her belt jingling in comforting ways. Her hands gently caressed them and she smiled a small, knowing smile. Her eyes drifted to the edge of the cliffs as she continued her dreamy sort of walk, her movements disconnected from her thoughts. It wasn't until quite some time later that she noticed the strange smell. A foreigner. Her ears pricked up and her tail swished nervously against her thigh. She was unsure of his intentions. But if nothing else, Marika was a Russo and she could fight her way out of a scrap just as well as any male.

It seemed, however, that this one didn't want to threaten her. If nothing else, he was weary. A traveller and immediately her heart reached out for him. She could understand him. She could feel the agony of miles of senseless travel. The broken, beaten mindset that comes with the futility of aimless travel. Marika wanted to run to him and tend to his wounds. But his intentions were still unknown. Instead, she waved at him and smiled, coming closer with every step. “Hallo zher.” Mentally, she cringed at her accent, but carried on, “Vhat brings you to zhese borders?”

<style>
.mari .ooc {font-style:italic;}
.mari p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:15px;}
.mari b {color:#9bb25c; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.mari {background-color:#2b3c2f; background-image:url(http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/7859/marika.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:373px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #6f7a71; font-family:lucida; font-size:12px; color:#000; letter-spacing: 1px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.mari-border {width:452px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.mari .separator{width:400px; border-bottom:1px dashed #6f7a71; margin:5px auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
.ezra-fevers { border:1px solid #fff;background-image:url(http://i49.tinypic.com/6nxb8x.jpg);background-position:top;background-repeat:no-repeat;width:430px;background-color:#030419;font-family:arial;font-size:1em; line-height:1.4em;color:#fdedca; margin: 0 auto; }
</style>
I’m gonna play it like she’s shifted, because you mentioned her coin belt and on your profile you said that was what she wore when she shifted. If I’m wrong correct me. Yaaaay for being an RP zombie!

Ezra stood nervously, instantly regretting his decision to stop his wandering. It was so spur-of-the-moment, so unlike him to settle down without really thinking about it. But the area looked calm, safe, and quiet. Rest was all he really wanted right now, nothing else really mattered. It was mostly his mind he wanted to keep quiet as six months of traveling with no companions left entertainment to himself. He thought too much about the life he left behind. A few times, including now, Ezra toyed with the idea of heading back home but the thought made his eyes hurt. There could be no turning back, no giving up. He was here now. Time to live with the decisions he made and start life over. Start with the impulsive decision of giving up right here, right now.

Another smell, another set of noises. Ezra’s ears perked up as he tried to quell the uneasiness growing in his stomach. It was a female, a beautiful female at that. He gasped a little at her overbearing form. Even though he was taken aback by his greeter, the bad feeling in his stomach only enhanced. His eyes narrowed, but quickly tried to block out whatever he was feeling. When she spoke, he looked at her face for the first time. She was unusual, that was for sure, and her voice seemed completely unlike anything Ezra had ever heard before. It had an accent that ringed of another time and space dimension. She was so clearly above and beyond Ezra’s realm he had a moment where all he wanted to do was flee.

She was a goddamn werewolf, after all.

He was overcome with unease and at this point stopped trying to hide it. He was respectful, however, and bowed his head to her. “I’ve been traveling for months. Your coast seems peaceful and a home that I need. I am a sufficient hunter, as I survived six months on my own roaming around these parts. I’m also useful as a source of entertainment, I’m a good story teller. But I’m tired. And I just want to rest. I hope you can let me do just that. I knew someone who left my old pack and came to this area, and now I see why.” He smiled, with all the energy he could muster.

[/html]
[html]
holy shit I am so sorry for leaving it this late! I just lost like 3 days of my life DDD: And yes, I should probably put it in her profile, but unless otherwise stated she is in shifted form. 400+

He looked so weary it touched the girl's heart. She could see herself reflected in him, in the weariness that crept all over his body. Still he feared her. Or was it disdain she could read on his face? For once, she was left speechless. Marika could not imagine why anyone would be afraid of her. She was, after all, someone who opposed violence and all it stood for. She could defend herself well enough indeed, as the knife in her house stood testament to, but she preferred not to. It was the disdain which hit her harder, for she could not see anything wrong in her behaviour. Had she offended him by asking why he was by the court's borders?

Marika was not one to judge just how worthy of a pack someone was. She had never really been in a position to have to. The wolves of Romanian mountains allowed travellers to come and go as they pleased, never really setting down rules for behaviour, except to prevent violence against others in the pack. Her recent return also made it somewhat strange for her to be talking, as she still was an outsider herself. Still, she could not afford to let the wolf remain confused, so she smiled at him warmly. “Vell, a pack could alvays use a hunter or two. Ve do not like violence and you vill find a good home here, yes? You seem to be very hard vorking and vhat do you say, determined?” Her tongue felt strange around the English words, but she went on, “I love a good story, yes? It vould be vandervul for the puppies to hear such stories. ”

It was then that she finally understood what was bothering her about him. He wasn't shifted. He couldn't shift. A regular wolf. To Marika, it suddenly shed light on things. It explained why he would be so afraid of her, if he had grown up alone or without werewolf company. Still, she could not go on assuming such things. Trying to ask as nicely as possible, she said, “Vhat do you think of verewolves? Zhis pack, it has quite a few.” Her size now seemed cumbersome and she felt herself towering over the male. Awkwardly, she sat down and invited him to do the same. “If you vould like, I could ask for someone to come and ask you about the pack and zhen zhey could decide if you can stay. Vigilante is a very good King to us. I could show you vhere I live and you could rest there, yes? all,” she added with a smile. “I am Marika Russo. Vho is zhis man you are trying to find?”

<style>
.mari .ooc {font-style:italic;}
.mari p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:15px;}
.mari b {color:#9bb25c; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.mari {background-color:#2b3c2f; background-image:url(http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/7859/marika.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:373px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #6f7a71; font-family:lucida; font-size:12px; color:#000; letter-spacing: 1px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.mari-border {width:452px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.mari .separator{width:400px; border-bottom:1px dashed #6f7a71; margin:5px auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
</style>
Sorry for the delay :<

So she understood. She could tell why he tensed up and was flat out freaking out. Even though she was the reason for his uneasiness, the fact that she understood and wasn’t about to gouge out his eyes was incredibly comforting. Her accent, as she kept talking, lulled him into a sense of comfort. Things would be okay now, this was apparent. The initial phobia of her kind seemed to melt away when he realized she would do him no harm. He trespassed and was welcomed with open arms. Despite the fact that he liked that, it had been such a long time that this new sense of belonging was a confusing one. Ezra’s old pack, born into the higher rank, had never treated him with anything less than immense respect. To have that feeling back, however small it was, made him feel whole again.

“I’m a hunter, yes,” he sprinkled into the lady’s monologue. “I’d also love to tell stories to the young ones, if I’m allowed to meet them.” He gave her one of those smiles you can just tell are genuine to the core. He was listening to himself being accepted, and he was beaming. But that quickly went away as his stomach fell to the floor at the mention of the word werewolves. His ears pinned back, he stifled what would have been a growl. ”I mean werewolves no harm. I could tell they were very popular in this area. I have just not had good experiences with them. But I’d like to think that not all of them are bad – I ran into you didn’t I?” He offered another reassuring grin. “That would be delightful, I’m exhausted. I left my old pack six months ago and have been traveling nonstop since… you know, to find myself and all that good stuff.”

“I’d very much like to meet Vigilante, and whoever else is in charge. But I’m looking for my cousin, who was part of the crazy Vanim clan. I’m Ezra Rosen, by the way, and I’m looking for Shaeniire. But I haven’t heard from her since I was a pup, which was a really long time ago. I doubt she’s still here. I’ll take a look around for her later, my main priority is just to get a good meal and a good night’s sleep. I’m tired of being on edge, I hope you understand.”

[/html]
[html]

My apologies for the wait, I've been on absence for most of the month. WotD: Zephyr. 300+ words.

At times when he wanted to be alone, the caramel-colored King often made his way to the coast, walking with his paws in the water and feeling the salty zephyr come in from the ocean, blowing through his thickened fur gently. The quiet allowed him to think without interruption. He needed that sometimes, to have the option of being alone. He had spent much of his life alone, and sometimes he liked to revert to such a way of life, if only for a short while before he returned to the family he loved and held dear. The moments alone were all that he needed—moments. The King needed little more than a scant moment.

Most times that he escaped to the ocean's side, he was alone. However, the coppery scent of blood permeated the air ever so slightly, and it was wolf blood. Instantly, the secui dog mutt was on alert, moving in the direction of the scent. He was a large dog to begin with, but he generally preferred his secui form anyway. The idea of someone bleeding nearby bothered him, and though he did not know much by way of healing, he did not know that there were members in the pack privy to such imformation and the learned skills of healing.

As he approached, Vigilante pinpointed the source of the iron-filled scent as he glanced down at the strange male's paws, beaten and bleeding. He recognized Marika Russo, whom he had accepted into the pack twice, but the male was a stranger. Jade eyes settled on Marika as he offered her a smile, saying, "Hello, Marika," and then settled on the strange male. "Hello. I am Vigilante Haskel, the King of Cour des Miracles. I see that Marika has already greeted you, but is there something that I can help you with?"

<style>
.vigi-foryou b {color:#4E5E86; font-weight:bold; }
.vigi-foryou p {padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; text-indent:25px;}
.vigi-foryou {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#293041; letter-spacing:.1px; line-height:13px; width:375px; background-color:#FFFFFF; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/vigi2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
</style>
thanks for letting me keep this when I was away =)

Ezra’s tired, tired ears flicked to the area where a new voice was coming from. In explaining who he was to Marika, Ezra had not seen the King arrive. Ezra had a moment of quick thinking and remembered he had to be respectful. After not being tied down to a pack for 6 months, he almost forgot pack protocol. Ezra looked at Vigilante’s legs and gave a humbling bow. The animal was larger than he expected – a wolf with very unusual markings. And a… curly tail? Ezra’s eyes widened in surprise. Maybe Vigilante was like Ezra, a hybrid wolf disaster.

“Hello, King Vigilante.” Ezra was going to do everything in his power to get Vigilante to like him, even if it meant sucking up with the last bit of energy he had. “My Name is Ezra Rosen. I was just telling dear Marika here that I am in need of a home. I have spent the last 6 months on the road, finding myself and all that. I can earn my keep! I’m a good hunter, I had to feed myself for a while,” he grinned, but tried to not sound like a self-obsessed idiot. “Anyway, I’m really good at telling stories. It’s my favorite thing to do. Any way I could ask your permission for a place to stay in exchange for a storyteller?” Ezra respectfully lowered himself again trying his best to avoid eye contact.
[/html]
[html]

Not a problem! <3

The young female Russo greeted the King, then waited until after Ezra had spoken to say good bye to them both. Vigilante watched her go, sincerely hoping that she would find her family members here soon so that she might begin to feel more at home within the pack. She had come and gone once, and he worried she would so so again. After the female's departure, the secui King focused on Ezra once again. Most of the questions usually asked were answered—who he was, what he wanted, and what he could provide for the pack. Vigilante was glad to have most of that out of the way, as the basic questions tended to get tedious and he knew the answers were hard to come up with for many joiners. How did one explain their skills? He'd been graced enough to not answer that with Jacquez.

"It's a pelasure to meet you, Ezra, and I hope that we can make this brief so that you may rest. You seem wary. I only have one other question for you. Why did you leave where you came from?" he inquired. Vigilante did not require an in-depth answer with full details, but he felt that it was important to know why a potential member had left their previous home and what brought them here.

<style>
.vigi-foryou p {padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; text-indent:25px;}
.vigi-foryou {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#293041; letter-spacing:.1px; line-height:13px; width:375px; background-color:#FFFFFF; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/vigi2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
</style>
Sorry for the shit reply.

All the black male could do was laugh. There would be no easy way around this. “Well. Uh,” Well now, he did sound quite stupid. “To be honest… My old pack was batshit crazy. They used to just trip on acid all the time and pretend like they were among fairies and elves. My parents weren't really into that. Also, a wolf in my previous pack started a sort of segregation policy against the hybrid families living in the area,” He looked down again. He hated his blood line – it was truly awful feeling dirty all the time. “Anyway, my parents and my siblings moved away from all that and we relocated. I’m normal, I swear, I just got bored living with just my parents … and my insane amount of sisters. So I went to go discover who I am. I think I found my answer,” He gave a sad smile. There was nothing left to say, really.

He wondered if his sisters ever got out like he did. Before he left home, dear Rebekah pleaded for him not to go. How sad things would be here without you, she said. A rush of anxiety overcame him. Poor, poor Rebekah. What a sad little flower to shrivel up. None of the Rosens would ever understand, would ever get to see how real and vibrant the world really is. He sighed. Poor things.

[/html]
[html]

We can continue or end, whatever you'd like.

Vigilante listened earnestly as the male spoke, taking in each detail with scrutiny. He did not think that Ezra was lying about being normal, and he certainly understood what it was like to come from a pack where everyone seemed to be crazy. He did not know what acid was or anything of the like, but it did not seem like a necessary detail for him to question. "I think you will find that being a hybrid here is not a problem. Most members of our pack are hybrids, though I'm a full-blooded dog myself. In this area, our pack seems to have the most dogs, though we have a lot of wolves, as well." Most members were hybrids, and it was not a problem for any of them, as far as he knew. If it was, he hoped that someone would bring it up with him to make him aware of the problem. It seemed unlikely, anyway, and he knew it was fine.

"Welcome to the pack. You'll start out as a Seigneur, our basic rank for new members. Once you become more integrated into the pack, you'll be able to pick up a specific co-rank if one interests you. We do not require much from our members, though we do ask that you do your best to pull your own weight," he explained, the usual things that he told new members. It was all information he felt was necessary to tell them up front. "Did you have any questions for me?"

<style>
</style>[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Related, or to seek out a Mentor.