1. Character Name: Inuki
2. Character Birthdate: April 20th 2009
3. Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci
4. Species: Canine. An Alaskan Husky/Grey Wolf mutt
5. Gender: Male
6. A secondary form of contact: ylvania92@yahoo.com">sylvania92@yahoo.com
7. Currently played characters: N/A
8. How you found 'Souls: Google ^^
9. Initial post: The wind swept his face as he trekked Northward. Here and there he saw signs of a group of packs inhabiting this newfound area. "Maybe i'll find a home this time" he said softly to himself. He shivered as the wind picked up. These northern climes were much different where he was from, yet strangely comforting to him. He stopped suddenly as he sensed himself approaching a claimed territory. Sitting down, he reached into his long, dark robe and pulled out a piece of steel and some flint. "a good fire should warm me up" he whispered, then, setting his staff up between some rocks, he hung his robe up and began tending the fire.
ok, because my name got changed, and i had some better ideas i am re-doing my opening post {sorry if this is a bad thing to do}

1. Character Name: Inuki
2. Character Birthdate: April 20th 2009
3. Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci
4. Species: Canine. An Alaskan Husky/Grey Wolf mutt
5. Gender: Male
6. A secondary form of contact: ylvania92@yahoo.com">sylvania92@yahoo.com
7. Currently played characters: N/A
8. How you found 'Souls: Google ^^
9. Initial post: The chill wind swept across his face as he walked northward. He had been traveling for sometime when he suddenly stopped. Sniffing the air, he realized he had crossed into a pack's territory. He howled out a warning cry before venturing back to the border.
"hmm, maybe this clan won't cast me away as an outsider" he thought to himself as he settled down to make camp. His light build, while excellent for running and the like, was useless here in the north trying to fight away cold. He took off his large black robe and hung it on his staff, which he had nestled in between a few scattered rocks. Then, sighing softly, he sat down and started attempting to build a small fire.
[html]
Hi! Welcome to 'Souls and Crimson Dreams. We're happy to have you!

Kansas had not patrolled the borders in several days — he was slacking, but perhaps he had reason to. The children were now at an age of absorbent minds, and he wished to spend every second that he could with them. This afternoon found them all sleeping, tired from play, so the young man slipped out to sweep the borders quickly before they awoke. Since no one seemed to visit when it was his turn for a border check, it usually took him a matter of moments to complete the task. The puppies would still be sleeping when he returned.

Today was different, though. As Kansas neared the boundary, a sharp cry split the air, a call to inform of someone's presence. The boy's ears perked with interest. There was a stranger nearby. Hoping that it was nothing but a visitor, the Sadira eagerly followed the howl to a small, blazing fire put, the flames tended by a hybrid canine. The Colonel woofed to alert the man that he had arrived before he spoke in his deep tones. Can I help you?

[/html]
Looking up to see the approaching wolf, he slowly stood up. After giving a quick bow, he stated "Umm, yes, who's Packlands are these?" He grabbed his robe, whirling around, and placed it upon his shoulders. His grey eyes looked to the Wolf silently, intent on figuring out as much as they could about him. The wind picked up for a few seconds causing him to draw his robe around himself and huddle closer to the fire for warmth.

He looked again at the other wolf and said, "sorry, heh, i'm not used to such weather." then chuckling lightly at himself, he sat down and drew his robe around himself like a cloak. His thoughts turned inwards as he observed his welcomer, amoung them was hope for family. Hope, that one day, he would be accepted.
[html]
Love your character's name, btw.

The hybrid male surprised Kansas with a gentlemanly bow. Unsure of how to react, the snowy wolf merely smiled, turquoise eyes wide in bewilderment. Perhaps he should have scolded the other for trespassing upon Crimson Dreams' territory, but he didn't have such strength. The right to chastise was his, as their borders were clearly defined — Kansas just didn't see a reason to. The stranger had not threatened his beloved home and, more importantly, seemed to know how to be respectful. Of course, Kansas also didn't quite have the gumption for reprimand.

This is Crimson Dreams, he said lightly, swishing his silken tail. The way the man spoke of the weather puzzled the slender brute, as the early summer air felt warm to him. He was in wolf form and his coat was more than enough to keep him warm. Of course, this was not something he cared to spend much thought on. Do you have business here, or are you just exploring...? His tone was curious but, he was proud to realize, politely businesslike. He'd never heard his voice sound this way. Hopefully the stranger was comfortable enough to share his purpose here.

[/html]
Inuki watched the other wolf as it observed him. Upon hearing the question, he sudden;y felt as if his beloved Nature was speaking to him through this vessel. "Well, i am not sure whether i have business here or not. I am exploring though." He stood up and, leaning on his staff, walked over to the other Wolf. "I am a wanderer searching for a pack to call my own." he said as he began to relate his story. Several hours passed as Inuki told the tale of living in the ruins of Atlanta, chasing after and finding his Father's pack only to be cast out as a hybrid-exile, and the long journey north.

"And that is how i came to be here, friend." Inuki concluded. Then, looking up at the sky, he realized how long his story had taken. "I am most sorry, i fear i have kept you far too long, your pack may be worried about you." he apologized.
[html]

Kansas allowed the other to finish his words, listening with inquisitive courtesy. A smile of calm excitement bloomed as the wolfdog spoke — he didn't seem to have a set purpose in Crimson Dreams' lands, but what caught Kansas' attention most was his apparent homeless status. You don't need to apologize, responded the snowy wolf. There was nothing else for him to do, so time was no object. The stranger's presence was the only important thing to him at the moment.

You're searching for a home? he wished to clarify. Kansas had never encountered a wanderer. Savina and Anu were ordinarily the ones to find prospective members. He did not know what to say at first, and spent a few seconds with a thoughtful expression. I'm sure we have room for you here. No, he was certain they did. Crimson Dreams was one of the less-explored packs, it seemed, for it was fairly small (not accounting for the children, of course). My name's Kansas Sadira, the.. Colonel. Perhaps his rank wasn't important, but he wanted to sound somewhat official. Tell me a bit about yourself, if you don't mind. Kansas sat back on his haunches, preparing to give the nameless stranger his full attention.
[/html]
"Ahh, a home. I guess you could say i am looking for a home." Inuki said. Too quickly, he thought immediatly. Hastily, he sought to clarify, "I have wandered for quite some time. I can hardly remember what 'home' means. Mainly what i am searching for is a place where i can be accepted for being a hybrid. My mother's ex-mate wasn't as forgiving." He looked down, ashamed suddenly for his mixed heritage. Who could ever care for a mutt? Well, he thought, maybe this pack would. "You say you have room... Colonel? What would i have to do for your pack to accept me?" he asked cautiously, not wanting to offend such a high-ranking wolf. "that is, if i am to be accepted into Crimson Dreams."

Pausing for a moment to guage Kansas's reaction to the questions, he slipped back down against the ground, his legs folded carefully. "And what about me do you desire to know, Sir?" he asked. Then Inuki began again, "Well, i am proficient in wortcunning and meteorology. These are nescessary skills out in the wild lands. I'm not sure how important they are for pack life though, as i have never been in a pack." Inuki finished his little speech, worried that he would be rejected again. He hoped with all of his heart that he would find a hme, finally.
[html]
300+

He was a rover, and hadn't known a home for some time. Kansas remembered the few months in his life wherein he'd been an aimless wanderer himself, though he'd remained alone at that time of his own choosing. It had been easy for him to return — he'd had a home waiting for him, easily handed right back to him. Inuki was alone because he wasn't accepted, apparently, which Kansas did not understand. There was too much prejudice in the world, judgment based on species. He saw no difference between himself and the hybrid before him. You won't be judged here, he spoke encouragingly. Crimson Dreams is open to anyone... eh, it's not like Inferni, the coyote clan north of here.

After he spoke, he was asked what would be needed to join Crimson Dreams, but gave Kansas no time to answer. Indeed, Inuki answered his own question, meriting a cocked brow from the Sadira wolf. Meteorology? he interjected softly, extremely curious. He awaited the conclusion of the other's speech, nodding with a welcoming smile. The skills he'd named were not what Kansas expected to hear. However, they told of Inuki's uniqueness. It was important to have a wide variety of skills in a pack — everyone brought their talents to the table. That's good enough for me, he said with a shrug. He assumed that the man knew other basic skills, such as hunting, or else he would not have made it alone so long. Unfortunately... I can't accept you myself. I have to get my mate, Savina, to come to us. With another swoosh of his tail, Kansas threw his maw skyward and emitted his beckoning song. The last note ended, and the boy returned his turquoise gaze to his new acquaintace. Where did you come from? They might as well talk while they awaited the sable-furred leader. The man had captured Kansas' interest.
[/html]
[html]

hello! Big Grin

The woman had been drowsing lazily on the porch of the manor when the first announcing howl had swept through the air. In that in between state of consciousness and sleep though she had neglected to rise up and attend to the stranger herself. It was a somewhat selfish thing for her to do, but when no more calls were heard she figured that one of her pack members had answered the other canine. Savina allowed her emerald eyes to slip shut again, her body relaxed and peaceful. She remained as such until she heard the second call and one that was as familiar to her as her own. Finally rousing herself from her lazy summer haze she stretched out her limbs and trotted in the direction of her mate, the circulation of her blood finally waking her mind.

As she came upon the pair of males she couldn't help but smile and wag her tail. It was unusual for her to show such affection before someone she did not know, but when she was around Kansas she could not help herself. Giving her pale second half a loving nudge of her muzzle, her attention then turned to the stranger. There was no doubt in the Commander's mind that he was seeking a place in their ranks. "I am Savina Marino, the Commander of this pack," she said by way of introduction. The Italian's gaze turned back to Kansas. "What have you learned of this man?" Her mate had most likely already spoken to him and could tell her all she needed to know at this moment.

<style type="text/css">
.savifielda01 b {font-weight:bold; font-family: Georgia, serif; color:#c57c5b; letter-spacing:1px; }
.savifielda01ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7b7a4a; text-align:right;}
.savifielda01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.savifielda01 {margin:0 auto; width:389px; background-color:#e3cca3; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ifield.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #7b7a4a; padding: 175px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7b7a4a; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
Upon hearing the other wolf speak, Inuki looked at him in surprise, "I won't be judged? For being a hybrid?" This was a revelation for him. His only other contact with those like him had been from afar, as he was worried about being rejected for his hybrid status, and his mother's pack. They hadn't been very forgiving. "What is this Inferni pack you speak of?" he asked, wondering what the comparison was of. Maybe this pack really would be caring and not hate him for his heritage. It had been a long time since he had ever even had a conversation with a wolf. The other animals were his friends. It was how he hunted. He would speak with the deer and befriend them. And when one of them was old and dying, he would kill it mercifully and eat of its flesh. He would then protect the deer for a time, until he was ready to move on.

Hearing Kansas's curiosity, Inuki began to clarify, "I say meteorology, but that is a word i got out of a book i found. What i actually do is just sorta know what the weather will be. Little changes in wind flow, temperature changes, you know, stuff like that. And sometimes the other animals tell me." Suddenly he picked up a scent. Looking up, he saw a Beautiful, dark female wolf. He watched as she nuzzled Kansas and understood that they were mated. She spoke, declaring her rank as Commander of the pack. Inuki nodded his head in respect. Then, turning back to Kansas, He answered his final question. "I was born near the ruins of Atlanta, but where i am from is nowhere. I have traveled the wilds since i was six months old." He then turned to Commander Marino waiting for Kansas to answer her, not wanting to interrupt any pack customs. He had no knowledge of such things, heaving never had a pack.
[html]
300+

The Sadira male shook his head firmly at the other's doubt. Crimson Dreams operated on a foundation of compassion and love, not power and violence. This could be attributed to its leaders, the serene Anu and the bighearted, strong Savina. Kansas hoped that Inuki would learn this and come to love Crimson Dreams as much as he did. Already the boy was certain Savina would accept him.

Inferni doesn't allow canines of less than half coyote heritage past its borders. Be, eh, just be careful if you're ever nearby, he warned with a shrug. The place he spoke of was, in his mind, dangerous and mysterious. He hoped that Inuki would heed his warning.

The pale hybrid explained Meteorology to Kansas, whose interest was still fully piqued. Eyes grew steadily larger with the knowledge Inuki shared, how one could judge what Nature would bring through this new art. Apparently, nimals spoke with him too, sharing what they knew of the weather. Later on, I'd love to learn more... he said in awe. There was no more time for conversing about Inuki's wonderful skill, for with a whiff of the gentle breeze, Kansas knew Savina was near. Seconds later she had appeared, a beautiful spectacle in the golden rays of the sun. The snowy wolf grinned toward her, unable to stop himself from giving her a lick on the cheek in return for her loving greeting. Inuki introduced himself, to which Kansas paid his full attention, lifting a brow at the mention of Atlanta, so far to the South. To answer his mate's question, Kansas recalled all that Inuki had shared with him and did his best to relay. Inuki was shunned for his dog blood... He wants to have a home that... that accepts him, he spoke in his soft way. And along with his basic skills, he knows of meteorology and wortcunning. Doesn't that sound... good? he couldn't help but add, smiling to both.

I told him that Crimson Dreams won't treat him badly for being part dog.
[/html]
[html]

The brush of her mate's tongue against her cheek sent a warmth through her that rivaled that of the sun beating down upon her ebony coat. It was easy for her to get swept away by the strength of their affections, and it took some effort to remind herself that this was official pack business. Still, she found herself wishing that this matter would be taken care of quickly so that they could spend some time alone with one another. The Commander listened as the man explained where he was from. She had never heard of Atlanta, but the fact that he had wandered on his own from such a young age was a saddening thing. Of course she was curious as to why this was, but her mate's information soon filled in some of the blank spots.

Out casting someone because of what they were never had made any sense to the accepting Marino woman. She had never understood the animosity between wolves and coyotes here and was equally perplexed and disgusted by the fact that Inuki had been looked down upon because of being part dog. Savina knew what it was like to be viewed as less, and sympathy for the wanderer was already growing in her chest. "My mate speaks the truth. We will not think of you poorly for being part dog. I cannot see how anyone could," she said, looking back to Inuki. "What are these skills you have though? I'm afraid I haven't heard these words before." There was still much left over from the human world that she was unfamiliar with.

<style type="text/css">
.savifielda01 b {font-weight:bold; font-family: Georgia, serif; color:#c57c5b; letter-spacing:1px; }
.savifielda01ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7b7a4a; text-align:right;}
.savifielda01 {margin:0 auto; width:389px; background-color:#e3cca3; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ifield.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #7b7a4a; padding: 175px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7b7a4a; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
The words used by Kansas confused Inuki momentarily, "Half-coyote heritage" he said quietly to himself. And the wolf had said that his mixed heritage wouldn't bring him any trouble here. And this Commander, Savina, had confirmed this. He might actually have a home here. A real home. He hoped vehemetly that his skills were up to par with this pack's standards.

He pulled his robe off, slowly at first as if he were expecting the cold to creep up on him at any minute. Then, bowing his head respectfully towards Commander Savina, Inuki began to explain the words he had used. "They are words that would be meaningless had i not discovered books amoung some of the ruins where i was born. Wortcunning means, umm" he stuttered as he tried to remember exactly what the book had said, "knowledge of herbs. and their effects. I use them to help heal injured animals in the wild. I help them and they give of themselves to help me." he smiled at this remembering his few friends in the wilds, mostly such things as squirrels and deer. "And meteorology is the study and understanding of weather, Ma'am." he spoke in a quiet, low voice. He had never been used to being loud, never talking to more than just local animals and they rarely used words. "I believe the books called someone with my talents a... 'shay-man' or something like that. And forgive me if the pronouciation is off, i had to teach myself how to read human words."

As he finished, he looked into the Commander's eyes, trying to read what he saw there. It was confusing for he had never done this to another wolf. Her eyes revealed a very complex creature, filled with abstract thought and a conscience, not at all like the deer and other animals he had been so used to. Quickly, Inuki looked down, fearing he was trespassing the bounds of respect by trying to guess what she was thinking. "F-forgive me" he muttered under his breath
[html]
Gah sucky writing. Sorry if my posts have not been so wonderful. 300+

Kansas fell mute, his silence punctuated by the soft flattening of his ears, allowing his neck muscles relax so that his head was lowered. He knew that this was the time to let the conversation to carry out between Savina and Inuki. It was important for the Commander to collect her impression of the newcomer without interruptions from him. Kansas had spoken all that he felt was important to say (and had gone overboard at that). She mustn't be distracted, no matter how enthralled he was by this new experience of greeting a stranger, one wishing for sanctuary in his own home.

Even when Inuki apologized for a reason Kansas couldn't grasp, the icy-furred wolf was quiet. It was time for Savina to make her final judgment, for Inuki to fathom it and for himself and his mate to move on.

[/html]
[html]

psh, Sarah posts are always good <3

Savina listened with interest as Inuki explained the names for the skills that he held. The first was something she was actually somewhat familiar with, though through no first hand experience. Their daughter Cambria was the pack's healer, and her knowledge of the uses of plants and herbs was growing by the day as she continued her research and her lessons with the AniWayan medicine man. The Commander had never heard of the practices of knowing the weather before, but she could see easily how it could come in handy. It was clear he was also quite intelligent, seeing as he had taught himself to read. Savina knew that was no easy task.

Before she could respond to the information he had filled in for her, she found the man staring into her eyes. An ancient part of her stirred, taking the action for a threat. However that feeling didn't have time to fully form, for Inuki lowered his gaze and softly apologized for his transgression. If he had been on his own for as long as he said, and she had no reason to doubt him, he probably didn't know right away that he had made a misstep in border decorum. The Italian fey nodded her head in silent acceptance of his apology. "I think your skills will come in very handy around here. Perhaps you can work with our daughter, who also studies the uses of herbs for her job as a healer," she said, pausing to let her lips lift in a soft smile. "Welcome to Crimson Dreams Inuki. You will start as a Basic Officer and move up in the ranks as you prove your loyalty."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.

Bowing his head honorably, Inuki said "Yes ma'am. May i ask permission to Make a home in the woods off that way?" He had always preferred trees and such. Hopefully he would find the perfect spot that he could settle down in. Then, suddenly, a thought came to him, He had a family now! He had been accepted into the ranks of this pack, this Crimson Dreams.

He turned and bowed his head to Kansas as well and began walking towards the woods.