the kings all became slaves.
[html]

Word Count :: 347 FJKSDKJGJSKDGS. SLOW

It had been a long time since the silver-shaded woman had been this far from Inferni. After she had passed the Dampwoods and Dahlia de Mai and entered the long stretch of woods in the Ethereal Eclipse, she had kept her wits about her. It had taken the better part of a day to travel this far, and the coyote woman was growing tired; the sun was also close to setting. As the minutes ticked by, the sky grew more and more gold and the sun dipped further and further toward the western horizon, just barely visible as it was in the deeply-shaded forest.

Kaena had tried to stick close to pack borders; generally this was the exact opposite strategy she used in trying to traverse the lands, but she was worried today. She was worried about Haku, and she did not think he would be creeping close to his former packs' borders nor Cour des Miracles' borders. The last thing Kaena wanted to do was to run crying to another pack for any sort of goddamn help, but at least she knew the Miracles pack would be at least halfway receptive to her; after all, Rikka lived there, and she of all canines knew what her mother had faced in the devil-wolf.

As the hybrid woman drew closer to Aniwaya's border, she did not know what to do or say. Nervousness rose in her; she had not come to a pack's perimeter seeking anything for probably longer than her eldest son had been alive. Shifting her weight from one foot to the other, the hybrid paused outside of the pack's territory, settling to her haunches. After a few moments of wrestling with herself, she tossed back her head and howled as deeply as she could, trying to mask the distinctive coyote pitch to her voice. She did not want to call Dawali out as a coyote at his door; she did not know how this would affect his standing with the pack, and trouble was something the silver-shaded coyote did not wish to bring with her.

<style>
.kae-giftnuki b {color: #C6CAD1;}
.kae-giftnuki p {text-indent:25px; margin:0px; padding:0px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">.dawaligifter02a b {font-weight:bold; color:#e1cba7; letter-spacing:1px; }.dawaligifter02a-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4e3c1f; text-align:center;}.dawaligifter02a p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}.dawaligifter02a {margin:0 auto; width:338px; background-color:#c3974e; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ift02a.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #d5d3c5; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4e3c1f; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}.dawaligifter02a-border1 {width:340px; border:1px solid #4e3c1f; margin:0 auto;}.dawaligifter02a-line1 {width:308px; border-bottom:1px dotted #e1cba7; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}</style>

... hi >< Have a cookie? It did not feel like it was this long since this thread was made Sad if it's too old, let me know and knock me over the head with something.

Yellow eyes lost their hazy mask of concentration and were lifted to the sky as he registered a familiar voice on the air. It was unexpected, to say the least, but not unwelcome. The part of him that was surprised to hear the coyote's voice ring here stabbed at his nerves and made him worried; was something up? Rarely did his contacts from other packs seek him out, and when they did, it was more often with new than not; news he might not want to know. He rose swiftly, two-legged and lanky, and exited his hut immediately. There were few chores that could outweigh the importance of answering the call of someone from so far away, and blankets could be finished later. Winter wasn't here yet, and he thanked the heavens for that. Warm summer air brushed through his light pelt as he jogged along familiar paths, and he tried his best not to listen to whatever worry that tried to burst through to his string of thoughts. It did not take him too long to reach her, no longer than what it usually took him to reach the border, having built his hut almost directly in the middle of their lands. He slowed a little as he spotted her, hand raised above his hand in greeting. He tried to hide his worry in his stance, and his voice rang with a familiar and friendly tone as he smiled at the much smaller female. "Kaena, what brings you to visit us?"

[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 389 Big Grin! No! I'm just glad I didn't archive it. XD I was looking like, hm, and then I figured you'd get around to it when you did, and now I am glad I did not stuff it away. <333333 But I do kind of forget the point of this thread?! D:

It was awkward for Kaena to ever visit a pack—the last time she clearly recalled being on pack territory, she had crossed Chimera's borders to seek out Corona. The time before that had been Clouded Tears, when a mysterious gray wolf with yellow eyes had saved her life. The scarred woman had not been comfortable crossing pack territory after that, more than likely owing to her close brush with death—of course the wolves would have tried to kill her. She later tried to kill many of them for crossing Inferni's border, and she later understood their deal.

The silvery coyote shifted her weight from one leg to another as she waited, hopeful that only Dawali would answer it—she did not know anyone else of this pack, and she hoped they were the sort to respect a specific call. Everything the red wolf had told her about his home led her to believe so, but she did not know for certain. Over-friendliness might even owe to an awkward meeting with this scarred Infernian, leaving the alpha with some explaining to do. Thankfully, as a figure arose in the distance, making its way toward her, the old woman identified it as Dawali.

She remained on neutral territory, considering stepping over the border too rude without an express invitation even if they were on friendly terms, and smiled as the man approached. She smiled, reading the agitation in his features almost immediately—if such a thing was easy for Kaena to see, it was agitation. She was generally not great at picking up social cues, but she had become a master at reading clues related to combat. Dawali's agitation was mild, of course, and even if he had flown into a rage the hybrid did not think he would have directed it at her.

“Hello, Dawali,” she said. “I wanted to tell you—if you hadn't already known—the war's over,” she said, rather nonchalantly. Such a thing had to be said in an offhand manner; the silver-shaded coyote would avoid mentioning the specifics and Haku's name if she could. “And so I wanted to thank you, again, for what happened,” she said, lowering her voice. She had no idea who was in earshot, and she did not wish to publicize the assistance he had given the coyote clan.

Table thanks to Ithen!
<style>
.kae-gifturma2 {width:375px; background-color:#142a38; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/rp/kae/kae_gifturma.png);background-position: bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:210px; border: 1px solid #000103;font-family:georgia, serif; color:#FFFFFF; line-height: 13px; font-size: 12px; margin:0px; text-align:justify;}
.kae-gifturma2 b{color:#809189;}
.kae-gifturma2 p{text-indent:40px; padding:0px; margin:0px 10px 10px 10px; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">.dawaligifter02a b {font-weight:bold; color:#e1cba7; letter-spacing:1px; }.dawaligifter02a-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4e3c1f; text-align:center;}.dawaligifter02a p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}.dawaligifter02a {margin:0 auto; width:338px; background-color:#c3974e; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ift02a.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #d5d3c5; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4e3c1f; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}.dawaligifter02a-border1 {width:340px; border:1px solid #4e3c1f; margin:0 auto;}.dawaligifter02a-line1 {width:308px; border-bottom:1px dotted #e1cba7; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}</style>

I don't think we planned a point together, I think maybe you just came up with a reason for her to go down here... maybe Haku? Sad This thread is so awkward now, I apologize.

As soon as she replied, his shoulders relaxed further than he thought he had raised them, and he smiled a little, scratching the back of his neck uncomfortably. This was not news, but he still appreciated her coming to tell him. "Yes I've heard, but I don't understand all these events behind it. The rumors are vague. Still, I can never understand why war starts..." To willingly put your family in such danger? Only grave, grave crimes were good enough reason in his own mind. But, then again, compared to most other Chiefs, Dawali was a peaceful lamb whose only worry was whether the tribe had enough food for the winter. He was so privileged.

She lowered her voice and automatically his ears leaned forward along with the rest of his upper body, as if coming closer to her head would seclude them from the world. The words were spoken, and he nodded and leaned back again, feeling quite strange with his lanky form so tall above her head. He was certain, though, that there were no-one else nearby, and spoke confidently. "I just hope my supplies came to good use! And if not, they can always be used later, and hopefully for more innocent injuries than those of war." He had not aided Dahlia, and he wondered whether he felt guilty for this. They were not on bad terms with him, but perhaps he should do more to keep in contact with them.

OOC Ending: Kae and Dawali chatted for a while, and he invited her into the packlands, and she was all OMG AWKWARD but kept her composure, and then went home the next day or something IDK! Big Grin <3
[/html]