Ye Take the High Road and I'll Take the Low Road
[html]

hehehe...oh Loch Lomond. I couldn't help but makes a Scottish joke.
*points to Jazper* He be Scottish.

WC: 500+

It had been a few weeks since Jazper had come to Cour des Miracles in search of a teacher. Anann had gladly taken him in to teach him to ride a horse and he had found it not as terrible as he had imagined. He wasn't about to ride a horse every day and go out and tame his own, or so he thought, but they were now alright in his mind. Members of society worth giving some level of respect. Still the beasts were defiantly something he would have to get use to. It would be useful to Crimson Dreams to have a couple horses handy to help with any heavy objects as well as to use as an advantage in the case of war. However, he wasn't particularly concerned about war in Crimson Dreams. Jazper assumed the only thing that would cause his pack to go to war is if a pack from the north declared war on them. Aniwaya and Cour des Miracles were friends to the dreamers so an attack from them would just be a shock. The knight was not sure as to how close Savina and Anu were to the leaders of their neighboring packs. Perhaps, if one of them went to war Crimson Dreams would have to step in as well.

Today was a peaceful day though, regardless of the thoughts that ran through the coal warriors head in a constant wave. He had already started in the direction of the Miracle dwellers with his thoughts leading the way. Jazper needed to meet the leader of this pack. He knew Dawali to be a kind and peaceful man. The chief had even taken special care of Ghita after the barn collapsed and for that the ebony male would forever be in his debt. Dawali was a family man, a caregiver and a protector of his tribe but who was the leader of his other neighbors?

The hills were naturally beautiful at this time of year. Rolling one after the other like the waves that the Marino's held so dear to their hearts. It was the perfect setting to meet his new acquaintance. The hills joined the two packs together, a common neutral ground separating the two by peaceful and stunning greenery. He traveled on four steady and giant paws in his halfling form. Jazper would never walk on two feet anywhere outside of the pack. On the occasion he went up to the city he would carry his pack and word in his jaws until he got there. Today he didn't carry anything with him, not wanting to intimidate or seem a threat. He was a Knight till the end of course and could probably easily take down any challenger sword or no sword.

Jazper was just a friendly giant at heart but to see him you wouldn't be able to guess until he opened his mouth. In his Secui form the warrior looked like a small bear. His shoulders were broad and his pure mass and muscle showed off to the world. The ebony fur was thick in the winter time but in the summer he shed away leaving a sleek reflective black coat everywhere except for around his neck, which remained protected by a mane of tick fur. He stopped when he was close enough to the pack that he could be sure to be heard. Planting his paws in the grass he lifted his large snout up in the air with a baritone howl that echoed for miles calling to the leader of Cour des Miracles.

<style type="text/css">
.Jaz001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#3165d3; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Jaz001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Bookman Old Style, serif;; font-size:12px; color:#9a9ea1; text-align:right;}
.Jaz001 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Jaz001 {margin:0 auto; width:359px; background-color:#01040d; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... jaz001.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #9a9ea1; padding: 200px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Bookman Old Style, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9a9ea1; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Thanks for starting! 300+ words.

Things in the Miracles pack had been steady and calm as of late, something that the dog mutt King thought was a very good sign. Even in his own home, things were calm and comfortable. Zafier and he did not get along perfectly still, but he had never expected that to change. What had changed, of course, was Ever, but she seemed to be taking well to her new body. Admittedly, Vigilante had been worried when Ayita and Ever had broached the subject with him, but he could see now that there had not been cause for concern. He was glad for that, indeed.

The caramel-colored secui King was settled on the beach, lounging in the sand with his belly in the area the tide kept reaching. The summons, however, took him by surprise and he stood, shaking the salty water and sand from his pelt as best as he could. It was still there, but there was hardly anything that he could do for it at this point, so he let the wet sand cling to the thick fur along his belly. He turned, trotting in the direction of the call with interest, curious to know why he was being called for by someone outside of the pack.

It was not often that a member of his pack specifically called for him, so he found it strange that someone outside of the pack with a voice he did not recognize would call for him. It was not specific to him, though the only one suitable to answer aside from him would be Ruri. Admittedly, he was curious, so he moved in the direction of the hills with purpose, reaching the source of the call as soon as he could.

Vigilante studied the ebony male for a moment, noting that he was large as well. The dog mutt had always considered himself larger than what was average, but it was nice to see someone with a large frame, as well. The scent was easily recognized as Crimson Dreams, which brought a friendly smile to the male. He got along well with the pack, he thought. "Hello. I am Vigilante Haskel. I believe you called for me...?" There was, after all, the slightest possibility that he had been mistaken.

<style type="text/css">
.vigilgift01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#a39895; letter-spacing:1px; }
.vigilgift01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#414449; text-align:center;}
.vigilgift01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.vigilgift01 {margin:0 auto; width:338px; background-color:#686f81; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ift001.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #a39895; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#414449; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.vigilgift01-border1 {width:340px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.vigilgift01-line1 {width:314px; border-bottom:1px solid #767d91; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Sitting around waiting was never one of Jazper's strong points, not even as a pup. He always fidgeted his paws in the ground beneath him stupidly going over what he was doing and letting his brain wander in hopes of an entertaining thought of some sort. There was no chance of any living prey coming within a hundred meters of him in this wide open landscape. What stupid creature would go so close to a wolf that stood slightly over a massive four feet in his halfling form. By now the warrior was use to being noticed. After all he stood usually a foot taller then the average good sized wolf. Even the taller ones were usually a solid 6 inches shorter then him. Which is why sitting alone in the middle of the hilly landscape he felt quite dumb and alone.

Sighing he let his posture fall as he laid down and impatiently hit his thick tail on the ground to a steady beat. Perhaps he should have invited his son or daughter to come along with him. It would have been nice to have the company as much as it would be a good experience in pack relationships. It was important they learn how to approach and respect members of another pack, even in neutral territory, and especially a leader. It always frightened the Knight that Sophia would just trot up to Inferni and get herself killed from being to informal. That was most likely the fault of his pack. Savina and Anu never asked their family or pack to show much respect unless there was a third stranger in the mix. The ladies were truly all for open thought and tight friendships within Crimson Dreams and they had achieved that. Jazper would take a hit for any member of his pack without a second thought. If they were to loose a member the whole pack would be affected in some way.

A figure approaching caught his attention quickly. Standing up he made sure to keep his tail low and his ears back with a smile. It was always best to prove right off the bat that this was a to be a friendly meeting. As the leader of Cour des Miracles came closer Jazper was caught by a sudden and unexpected surprise. This male was almost as large as him, certainly less than the usual foot he was use to having. Although size shouldn't have made a difference when meeting a leader of a pack his size instantly earned him some respect from Jazper. He appreciated a strong leader who could physically put up a good fight. Savina was scary as hell when she got mad but she just didn't have the size advantage and that's where Jazper came in.

“Yes I did.” He answered in his usual gentle tones, “My name Is Jazper Rhiannon-Knight. It's nice to meet you Vigilante.” It truly was nice to meet him. Jazper had been looking forward to this moment for a few days now. “I'm the Sensei in Crimson Dreams. Meaning I'm in charge of protecting my pack and teaching them to defend themselves.” He found it would be better in this case to explain his co-rank over his actual rank. “I just was curious about my neighbors and figured I should meet the man in charge.” He hoped that this Vigilant character would understand. Taking in the leader a bit more detailed it was obvious that he was a dog hybrid possibly. There was very little that was wolf like about him in comparison to Jazper's full wolf heritage.

<style type="text/css">
.Jaz001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Bookman Old Style, serif;; font-size:12px; color:#9a9ea1; text-align:right;}
.Jaz001 {margin:0 auto; width:359px; background-color:#01040d; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... jaz001.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #9a9ea1; padding: 200px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Bookman Old Style, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9a9ea1; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

I am so sorry that I didn't see your reply. =/ If you want to not continue this thread because it's old, I'll understand. Up to you. ♥ 300+ words. WotD: Galore.

Over time, he had begun to grow comfortable and accustomed to his role as King of the Miracles pack. The members all seemed content to have him lead them, and he got along well with Ruri. Diplomatically, he would need to branch out more soon, but he was making a good start. He had made visits to Crimson Dreams, and it seemed that he was not the only one that wanted to create a relationship between the two packs. This was a heartening realization, and he smiled genuinely at the ebony male, only a bit larger than himself. Every member of the Dreamer pack that he had met thus far was polite and friendly. Vigilante really liked that about the neighboring pack.

He listened intently to the explanation for the reason he was called today. It seemed like a good reason, and Vigilante was glad to have answered the call. "It is a pleasure to meet you, then, Jazper," he said in his usual tone, pleasantries galore. It was something that he prided himself on, being as polite as he tended to be, and he liked knowing that the pack of Dreamers held a similar view, or so it seemed. Each member—or previous member, in the case of Haven and Princess—that he had met thus far was pleasant and welcoming.

"I have had the pleasure of meeting some members of your pack, most recently Ghita Marino," he said. If they were not of the same pack, he might have asked whether or not Jazper knew her, but he was certain that they would at least be acquainted. They both lived in Crimson Dreams, after all, and both for a lengthy time he assumed. "Was there anything specific you wanted to know about Cour des Miracles? I would be happy to answer anything if there is."

<style type="text/css">
.vigilgift01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#414449; text-align:center;}
.vigilgift01 {margin:0 auto; width:338px; background-color:#686f81; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ift001.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #a39895; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#414449; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.vigilgift01-line1 {width:314px; border-bottom:1px solid #767d91; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

As an older member of Crimson Dreams he felt like he had a certain responsibility to his leaders to know a few members of other packs here and there. In confidence Jazper could say he knew a fair number of characters of different shapes and sizes. He had met wild and crazy loners in the city, a flaming gay guy that had given him the sun tattoo around his left eye, a female warrior he had more in common with than he would have suspected and a coyote mix that did drugs and was apparently a 'friend of the family'. Indeed one couldn't knock Jazper for being small minded and unsociable. In fact he rather enjoyed meeting these new and strange wolves and coyotes. It was always interesting to see what the day would bring.

Leaders on the other hand were a totally alien thought to the warrior. He had been under the service of leaders since he joined Jaded Shadows a month before the fire hit. It wasn't the concept or the obeying an demands that gave him the issues, it was the meeting leaders from different packs. The meeting with Jefferson hadn't been to pleasant once he found out that his adoptive daughter was related to Deuce Rhiannon and he had been delaying his goal of at the very least meeting and saying some form of hello to the leader of every pack.

Vigilante so far seemed to be quite a nice man, smile and a greeting. At the mention of Ghita's name his tall midnight ears stood up and a grin spread across his face, “You've met Ghita?” She hadn't mentioned meeting the leader of their neighboring pack to him at all. It was a surprise but a pleasant one. “She's my mate, our alpha's sister.” The later half was just so Vigilante would know Jazper was in some way related to Savina. Family was a huge thing to the Dreamers. “Everyone in Crimson Dreams is very close to one another, especially the older members. I've known Savina, our leader, since she was a normal pack member and I was a pup. I've seen her pups become adults as well as my own.” Feeling comfortable with the conversation he blathered on.

At the question of what did he want to know he felt like he wanted to know everything. The odds and ends of the pack, who had pups with who, who was mates with who but of course that would be to personal. Instead he asked in a friendly manner, “Did you guys fight in the war at all? We just opened the boarders to refuges and those seeking medical attention.” Pausing a moment he added, "What happened at the end of that war anyway? I know Dahlia de Mai has a new leader but I am yet to meet him." The war interested Jazper, he had never experienced a full out battle nor would he wish one on his pack. He was happy living in a peaceful environment but every now and then he craved to put his skills to good use.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

300+ words.

This land was generally unexplored by the Haskel mutt, as he had travelled by packs until he reached Cour des Miracles without giving the others a second thought. He had been searching for something far away, and a coastal pack on the eastern-most coast of the land was as far as he could manage at the time. He had been told the pack was meant for misfits and mutts and he had found that more intriguing than anything else he might have heard of the other packs. He supposed his life would be different now if he had chosen to settle somewhere else, but he was happy where he was. The life he had made for himself was comfortable. Unfortunately, these things meant that he did not know very much about the other packs in the area, shameful as it seemed to be.

Vigilante smiled at Jazper's reaction to his words of having met Ghita. "I did not realize you were her mate, though I knew of her relation to Savina. She was very kind to me when I visited, and we traded knowledge of our packs and had a pleasant conversation." Indeed, the caramel-colored King had grown fond of her in that short meeting, as he tended to be of most of his own pack members. Jazper seemed to be an honorable man, and Vigilante was glad to know that there was someone such as him to stand beside Ghita Marino. She deserved to be treated highly, he thought.

The subject of the war was not a pleasant one, though he supposed that knowing his pack's stance was something of great importance. Where they had stood in the war spoke measures about their general demeanor, did it not? "At the time, I was only the third-in-command of my pack, but I stood firm that we should remain neutral, as did most of our members. Some of our members had personal vendettas against Dahlia de Mai, but those that participated in the war did so on their own, without the pack. We thought it was safest that way, for the pack's members." He still felt that it had been the best possible decision. "As for the ending, I truly do not know. I have not travelled very far north since coming here for the first time, when I passed by other packs to come south."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]