we have big dreams & big dream takers
[html]

mind if we postdate this to the 19th? 300+

The sky was overcast, but it was still a nice warm day with a cool breeze that blew over the ground from time to time. It'd been a while since she had last seen her cousin when he came to Crimson Dreams and she was eager to see him again. This time though, the girl wasn't going to sit and wait for him to show up at her doorstep. She needed to make an effort too, and now that Conor was leading Dahlia de Mai she knew that he wouldn't have all that much time to make trips to anywhere else. Her mother was a leader too, and she knew the constraints that put on her mother's ability to do certain things. Hopefully though when she showed up he would have at least a little time to spend with her. Cambria would understand if he didn't know. He was a big important man in his pack now, and he might not have the time to sit and talk with his little cousin.

Despite worrying over whether or not her journey would be fruitful, the Marino wolf was in good spirits and stopped to pick a pretty flower or two as she walked north towards the Dahlian borders. Now that she thought of it, she'd never actually been to Dahlia before. She'd been close, the night she had first shifted, but she hadn't been in the actual territory (thank goodness, for she could have gotten in deep trouble for that). Cambria had left her satchel with her healing supplies behind, thinking there was little chance she'd need it on this trip. Conor knew the healing arts too, so it wasn't like there would be anyone in Dahlia that would need help that wouldn't have already received it. This was purely a pleasure visit.

After walking most of the morning, she finally came to the clearly defined edge of the flower pack's lands. Cambi tipped back her slender muzzle and let forth a howl calling for her cousin. Maybe she would have been fine going in to find him herself, but this wasn't Crimson Dreams where Conor had many family members to welcome him. To her knowledge, Conor was the only relative she had here, and certainly the only person from this pack she knew aside from Lolita. Her encounter with the pale female was seeming more and more like a dream as time passed, however. The last thing Cambria wanted to do was to get herself into a sticky situation, so she would just wait for him here.

<style type="text/css">
.cambimonarchgrass b {font-weight:bold; color:#CBAB00; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.cambimonarchgrass-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:center; }
.cambimonarchgrass p {text-indent:15px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.cambimonarchgrass {margin:0 auto; width:372px; background-color:#FEFEFE; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... onarch.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #D6D6C2; padding: 10px 0px 263px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#5E6F1C; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

fail short post is fail Sad

He was nearby as the familiar voice rose in an attempt to reach the bright sky. He was surprised to recognize it as Cambria’s and immediately started to kill off the little distance between him and the borders where the call came from. His feet were eager as they quickly moved through the colourful scenery. He had not expected a visit from her, but this was definitely a pleasant surprise. A smile was already in place when he approached the awaiting form dressed in warm chocolate brown. This was a brilliant start of a promising day, he was sure. White tipped tail waved behind him in lifted spirit and his form halted before her delicate figure. ”Cambria,” he simply greeted, the smile growing as he looked into turquoise orbs so different from his own unique colour.

He moved closer to give her a tentative nuzzle to accompany his greeting. She was a family member he highly appreciated and she needed to know this. ”I did not expect to see you here on Dahlia’s doorsteps,” he grinned contently, stepping aside to signal that she was free to enter beyond the borders, of course. ”It’s good to see you,” he added, words sincere and sparkling with his approval of this surprise visit of hers.

Table by Veronica
[/html]
[html]

is ok <3 300+

After her call was completed, she stood there, slightly fidgety as she waited for someone (hopefully Conor) to happen upon her. It wasn't often that she ventured away from Crimson Dreams to visit another pack. The only other place she went to on a regular basis was AniWaya for her lessons with Dawali, and she just went in and found him without announcing herself prior. In fact, now that she thought of it, she had never even visited any other pack aside from the tribe. She wasn't used to this sort of thing, and so it made her nervous. If someone other than Conor came, would they be mad at her? She honestly didn't know, for she had never greeted anyone at her home's borders, or seen someone else do so. A myriad of questions began to fly through her mind and she hoped she hadn't made some breach of etiquitte.

Thankfully the girl didn't have a long time to mull over on her worries, for the very wolf she had come to see was eagerly walking toward her. Immediately her face lit up and her tail wagged at the sight of him. "Hello Conor," she greeted back and returned his nuzzle full heartedly. Despite all the cousins that she had, he was the one that she was closest to, and seeing him was always a special treat. "I figured I would come surprise you. I hope I'm not interrupting anything." From his demeanor it didn't appear that she was, but she wanted to make sure nonetheless. As he motioned that she could come further she walked up to be side by side with him, her eyes briefly looking over the scenery before returning to him. "It's good to see you too. I hope that you've been well, since I last saw you." It hadn't been too long since he had last come to Crimson Dreams, but Cambria knew how quickly things could make a turn, for better or worse.

<style type="text/css">
.cambimonarchgrass-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:center; }
.cambimonarchgrass {margin:0 auto; width:372px; background-color:#FEFEFE; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... onarch.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #D6D6C2; padding: 10px 0px 263px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#5E6F1C; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

--

Interrupting? Oh, no. A blissful release from duties that could wait while her presence lingered by Dahlian borders. ”And what a lovely surprise this is,” he spoke truthfully, feeling almost foolish wearing that silly grin splattered across his youthful face. She crossed over the invisible border where Dahlia’s claim begun and came up by his side. Ears twitched at her words, for they were true. He would probably never get rid of the light guilt of not interacting as much as he’d desire with his Dreamer family. Cambria was the one he interacted most with, but even those visits had turned less frequent after both war and peace had visited Dahlia de Mai. The young Soul male was not as inexperienced as he had been, but being the head of pack drained him for whatever spare time he had possessed before Haku had been kicked out.

He nodded at her words. ”I know,” A sigh wanted to spill out, but he kept it back; exhaling slowly through slightly parted lips that slowly was losing the too wide smile. ”I’m sorry for not visiting you. It feels like I don’t have time to do everything I want to anymore.” It was not only a feeling. It was the truth. If it was not scattered Dahlia matters then it was all the children and the rest of the members. He adored this life, but time did not permit him to do everything he wanted. He did not wish for Cambria to feel like a low priority either, for that was not it. ”Have you visited Dahlia before at all?” he suddenly asked, finding that he did not know this at all. He had never seen her, but perhaps in the past or maybe she had passed by when he was not around.

Table by Veronica
[/html]
[html]

*slow like molasses* 300+

As he referred to her coming as a lovely surprise her tail wagged a little extra. Even though there was no reason she could think of that would make him unhappy to see her, Cambria was a worrying creature and was always concerned over what people thought of her. Especially important people in her life like Conor. Perhaps it was the leftover, and mostly forgotten, remnants of their first meeting where he had out of shyness said that she wasn't pretty. That unpleasant incident had been put behind them ages ago, in what almost seemed like another life now. Still, having such confirmation that her coming here was welcomed by him couldn't help but make her feel good.

As he spoke again though he could see his smile fade a bit and saw the same weight of leadership on him that weighed on her own mother. At his apology though she only shook her head and nudged him with her muzzle. "It's okay Conor, I understand. My mom's a leader too and I know how busy she always is with keeping Crimson Dreams in order. I knew you were just busy, I didn't think you were avoiding me." The Marino understood better than most what the title of leader entailed. It was an honor, but it was also a huge responsibility and one that ate up a lot of a person's time. Alphas couldn't leave their packs often to go run about doing other things. She couldn't hold that against him at all.

"I haven't, actually," she said rather sheepishly. Conor had likely been many places, and visited all of the packs throughout Nova Scotia whereas she had penned herself up in her little corner of the world. "I'd love it if you would show me around your home though." Then she'd finally be able to put him in the proper scenery whenever she thought about him.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

500+

He had still yet to really adjust to this sudden role that had landed on his shoulders. He continued to believe that he had done the right thing by pushing Haku out of his majestic chair and out into the cold. Whatever that really was, it was not right to allow Haku to use the pack for his own wars. The man was sick and eventually the entire pack would have fallen with him. Conor did not doubt this. The coin coated male had not expected life to be this hectic though. There were not many strictly set deadlines for the duties he had to do, but in general there were a large number of things he wanted to see done, and he would not allow himself to become idle if there were things that could be adjusted and improved to further heighten Dahlia’s living standards.

Cambria understood, as he believed she would. She drew forth an excellent point by mentioning her mother. The Dahlian’s soft hued ears shifted in thought. It had been a long time since he had seen his dark hued aunt. He would have to step out past the Dahlian borders and visit his Dreamer family soon. He would just have to make time for it. ”Thank you for understanding,” he smoothly replied, the words genuine and grateful. It helped to hear it from her. Perhaps Savina could help him with a few words of guidance so that he could rise and try to become a good leader like she was. While he had never been in the Crimson Dreams lands for a long period of time, he knew that the pack continued to run strong. There were things to be learned everywhere.

He dipped his muzzle in a nod the moment she spoke again. Of course he would like to be her guide for the day. It was not rare for him to bring the newer Dahlian members along on a quick tour around Dahlia de Mai’s territory so that they could get an idea of the lands. ”We’re currently by the south-western borders, and what you see before you is Flander’s Field. It used to be a human burial ground, and it is quite fascinating to see their tributes to the dead.” Yes, there were beautifully carved stones, figures of human angels and similar if one took the time to really look through the peaceful area. It was well overgrown and he did not doubt that there were beautiful things yet to see for those who knew where and how to look.

He started off towards the large cemetery. ”How is the rest of the family doing back home?” Beyond here they would reach the outskirts of Berwick and the vineyards and even get a glimpse of the twinkling sea. There was no way for the two to tour the entire territory in one go, but he would steadily lead them towards Wolfville and his home so that she would know where his house was for future visits.

<style>
.conor-z91 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.conor-z91 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.conor-z91 b {color:#E3B7EA; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.conor-z91 {background-color:#573450; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010j ... orgift.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:262px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #E3B7EA; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1B0C18; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.conor-z91-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>
Table by Siekone
[/html]
[html]

I am SO sorry that I suck 300+

Cambria could only really imagine what being a leader must be like. Some may have only seen the power and the glory of it, but she had always seen the weight that constantly rested upon her mother's shoulders. Savina never complained of course, maybe she did to her father, but never to her children or anyone else. She even had Anu to rely to help things when she wasn't feeling well or had been busy with her newest pups. From what Cambria knew, it was just Conor here in Dahlia. The burden was great enough when you had someone to share it with, it must be so much heavier when you were the only one the whole pack was looking to. She was glad that he could ease his worries about her not understanding seeing him less. "Of course Conor. Thanks for not berating me for not coming to visit sooner." He knew how shy she was though, how much a homebody the Marino was. Crimson Dreams was her home and she only left it if she had a purpose to.

Conor nodded that he would show her around his home and pointed out the landmark that was nearest to them. While she had been waiting she hadn't even noticed the place that her cousin now spoke of and now that she saw it, she wondered how she had missed it. Stones, some carved into shapes and some plain were littered all over the ground. This is what the humans had done with their dead? A small shiver ran down her spine, knowing that there were dead things buried beneath the earth, but that unease passed quickly. Clearly they had cared for the people they had buried here, and had left those stone markers so they would not forget. "I had no idea the humans did that. We don't have anything like it back home in Crimson Dreams." The girl found herself eager to get a closer look.

They started walking together towards the cemetery and her ocean hued eyes roved over the grave markers appreciatively. "Everyone is doing well, thanks. I'm a big sister now, I don't know if I told you last time or not," she said, smile growing. It was fun to see her little sisters and brothers play and grow and learn. There wasn't any jealousy attached to their presence in the least.

<style type="text/css">
.cambimonarchgrass b {font-weight:bold; color:#CBAB00; letter-spacing:.0px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.1em #ffffff; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

300+

The genuine contentment remained on his young, cream hued face. She seemed to understand better than most, but that was how it was to have a mother in the leadership. He admired his pitch black aunt for managing the neighbour pack so well, especially because she had a large family as well. Somehow she seemed to juggle all these responsibilities at once. He wondered if he would ever be able to do that. There were few plans about eventually establishing a family. He was too young—far from ready to take on such responsibility. Leadership he knew he could handle, but it was different with a mate and whelps of your own, he knew. He feared that blood that ran through his veins, and did not plan on infecting another generation with Haku Soul’s sinful essence.

Cambria spoke of the tombstones, and the young alpha shrugged his shoulders in quiet response. There were traditions in the deceased human society that were difficult to understand, but on the other hand it was very interesting. He understood why they did it. It allowed the remaining humans to gather in memory of a lost friend or family member. They had somewhere to go. Wolves often did this too, he knew. There were no magnificent tomb stones with engraved names and flowers, but they were there. It was important to be able to visit the dead, for various reasons. It was amazing how a simple monologue above a comrade’s grave could ease a weary soul.

More words found his cinnamon and cream coloured ears, and his role as guide was now completely forgotten. ”Oh, yeah!” the male almost barked, a jolt in his memory recalling uncle Kansas as he spoke the words that Savina was pregnant once again. How could he have forgotten about something this big? ”I spoke with your father not long ago and he said that your mother was pregnant again!” Excited warmth was pouring into his voice as he relived the pleasant surprise. ”Tell me all about them,” he almost pleaded, genuinely interested in his newest cousins that he knew absolutely nothing about.

<style>
.conor-z91 {background-color:#573450; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010j ... orgift.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:262px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #E3B7EA; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1B0C18; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.conor-z91-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>
Table by Siekone
[/html]
[html]

decent reply time? wut? XD 300+

Cambria was a pretty understanding wolf when it came to most things. The only subject that she was adamant about was that drugs were evil things that only brought people harm and misery. There was nothing, absolutely nothing, that would ever change the Marino's mind on that front. Not after what she had endured as a child due to the mind altering substance she had been unwillingly subjected to. She doubted she could even be friends with someone who partook in those substances. So far in her life there was no issue with that though. It had become very clear after the fallen leader's actions that those things would not be tolerated in Crimson Dreams, and to her knowledge none of her friends or relatives outside her home used the evil things either.

The girl had never thought much about death, or what one would do with a dear friend that had died. Morbid thoughts of wishing her own life was lost had haunted her at times, but that was mostly due to the depression her accident had caused. Since then, no one she cared about had died. No one she had even known had died. The girl had never known any of her grandparents and all her other relatives were still in the prime of life. Thinking about the human practices though, she knew that she would want a place to visit someone she lost, whenever such a tragedy would occur. Despite the darkness of death, it was a comforting thought.

Conor's excited exclamation about her news caused the cocoa fey to giggle happily. It was a very happy occasion, and she was glad to see her favored cousin so enthusiastic about it. Her tail waved back and forth airily as he questioned her about her little siblings. "It was a litter of three, just like mine, two girls and a boy. The boy is Silvano. I think he's going to be very smart, and he's pretty independent already." He had attempted the stairs on his own not that long ago, wanting to master them himself. "Artemis and Parker are my sisters. Artemis is very adventurous and outgoing, I think she'll cause us all our fair share of headaches. Parker is a little angel. It's odd, she hasn't said a word yet, but she's not impaired. You just look at her eyes and you know that she's bright." Her little sister's refusal or inability to speak was a mystery to them all, but they loved her just as much as the other two.

<style type="text/css">
.cambimonarchgrass b {font-weight:bold; color:#CBAB00; letter-spacing:.0px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.1em #ffffff; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

300+

He had early opened his eyes to the realities that this existence had to offer. Death and misery was merely a part of a creature’s day. It heavily depended on the individual and its circumstances, but none were immune to the horrors that could crash into their merry lives. Conor had seen death up close. It was not pretty and it was not clean. However, he had been forced to deal with it—the pack had stood crumbling on its feet and he had decided that he wished to make a difference to those around him. There was never any option but to continue forwards and make what they could out of the lives they lived.

The young alpha smiled at the thought of the young souls as Cambria willingly elaborated about her newest siblings. He was happy that everyone continued to remain happy and safe in Crimson Dreams. Lavender eyes turned thoughtful. Perhaps he continued to be envious of the life Cambria led. It was useless to wish for something else. In truth he was doing very well here and wouldn’t want it any different. Yet, his past could have been more serene without the dark shadow of a blue eyed devil. He had turned out all right though, but continued to fear for the darkness he knew existed somewhere within.

”Sounds like a wonderful trio,” the male said cheerfully, smiling at his cousin. The Marino family were rich in most ways he could think of. ”I envy you,” Conor then decided to reveal, wishing to be honest and talk about this with the Dreamer female. ”You and your family are everything that’s left now, more or less,” and it was true, for his own family was scattered and ruined in so many ways.

<style>
</style>
Table by Siekone
[/html]
[html]

300+

Cambria, as any loving cousin would, had been forever curious about Conor's past. She knew it wasn't anything pleasant, that was clear to see. It had been obvious to her even as a young pup. Out of respect though, she had never asked Conor about the areas of his life that caused him pain. The Marino knew what it was like to have a painful event in your past and she liked to just avoid the subject of her accident as much as possible. Talking about it had never made her feel better. It was something terrible that had happened to her, and she just had to live with it. She had a feeling Conor felt the same way regarding the skeletons in his closet and she wasn't going to be the one to uncover those old wounds. If he ever wished to tell her about it, she would listen, but she wasn't going to go poking her nose about in his shadows.

Her cousin's happiness didn't diminish a jot as she went into detail about her three little siblings. Cambria loved them each dearly, though she worried after Artemis. So far the silver tinted pup had been lucky and hadn't hurt herself, but her healer's intuition told her that it was only a matter of time before she would be patching up her little sister. The slight fey only prayed that whatever it was would be minor and easily recovered from. She didn't know how her nerves would hold up if Artemis ever got severely hurt. Conor's deep voice brought her out of her silent brooding though. "They are, you'll have to come see them whenever you can manage to get away," she said, tail wagging. Cambi knew they would love to meet him. Silvano would likely be fascinated that he was already a leader at his age.

His sudden and unexpected confession caught her somewhat off guard. He envied her? Cambria had never considered herself someone to be envied. When he amended the statement, talking about her family it made more sense. Of the few pieces of information she had been able to collect, Conor was more or less on his own, and nearly always had been. Her smile turned sympathetic and she rubbed her face against his strong neck. "You know you're always welcome in Crimson Dreams, and we'd all do whatever we could for you." She said this without hesitation or second thought. Her parents would always be there to help Conor, and so would she.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

The end Big Grin

A nod was given—he would definitely have to take time off to come to see his newest set of cousins. His closest family had fallen apart before he had been old enough to realize that it was severely broken even from the very start, but family was still important to him. He adored the idea of one, and sought the Soul and Sadira branches in pursuit of the feeling of belonging somewhere aside from the flourishing lands of Dahlia de Mai. Perhaps he could have started his own family here if the right person came into his life, but he knew with certainty that he would never want children of his own blood. Haku lived through him, and he wouldn’t spread that tainted blood.

The femme’s words caused his head to tilt with silent surprise. Shortly after the war, with the low member count, he had considered the thought. If Dahlia ever fell, the autumn hued male expected his feet to wander the path to Crimson Dreams and his remaining family. It was not something he had seriously thought over much, but he knew who mattered in his life. He only smiled at the brown girl, lilac expressing the gratitude he held for her kind words. She was someone he knew he never wanted to live without. He cared for all his cousins, but he and Cambria had a special connection. She had become a dear friend regardless of their sporadic meetings.

The rest of the quiet, sunny afternoon was spent showing the Dreamer wolf what Dahlia had to offer, and in the evening as the man returned to his home after Cambria had departed for Crimson Dreams, he knew that she had helped turn this day into a wonderful one.

<style>
</style>
Table by Siekone
[/html]