Don't Need Sight To See
OOC: I was recruited by Sophia Beyaz. BTW way i don’t mind whichever way you spell my name Jadore/J'adore whichever’s good for you. Word Count: 326
o
o Character Name: J’adore Austral
o Character Birthdate (including year): 3rd March 2006
o Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci from the start
o Species: Iberian/ Italian Wolf
o Gender: Male
o A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M). Msn Sophia Beyaz and she’ll tell me. No MSN myself.
o Currently played characters: None
o How you found 'Souls: Sophia Beyaz asked me to join with her wolfs ex-mate
o Initial post:
J’adore didn’t need sight to know Sophia was here. He could smell her. This was obviously her new pack. He didn’t resent her for blinding him. He deserved it. He wasn’t here to fight, he was here to apologise. He sat and waited to see if he could see anyone patrolling the borders. Well, smell. Sophia was here. Definitely. The boat ride was alright, he had to work clearing the deck for his passage, but it was only fair. He had sinned in his past, but he was building himself back up. So he’d wait till someone found him. He wouldn’t move, he’d be safer from attack if he stayed still. His loss of sight made it easier to cleanse his mind. The rolling tides relaxed him as he sat on a big rock. Yep, she was here, she had sat on that rock, the same rock he was on at this moment. His plan was as followed, He would ask to be accepted into her pack, he would talk to her, he would ask for forgiveness and hopefully everything would be okay. It was a long shot, but he had nothing else. He sat and scratched the rock below his, digging vertical lines. The air was clear and the beach was quite, Luckily he was patient. But he was also very tired.

made on kaylinks wolf maker by Sophia Beyaz
[Image: wolfs.png]
[html]

hi! welcome to 'Souls and to Crimson Dreams!

What brought her to the edge of the Dreaming lands could not be said. Why she left the trio of pups that were not yet weaned was another mystery. But something brought the second in command to the outskirts of her pack's lands, and there was something different in the air as well. The tawny and silver coated female wandered through the thick summer foliage without much of a purpose other then releasing energy and perhaps making sure that the borders were still intact. The eldest of the Dreamers had come to this place not long ago, in the hours of darkness and she did not know why she returned here in light. The ocean was not far, her ears told her, and the salt could be tasted on the air. Anu made her way to the sandy shore, and found what might have been her reason for coming all this way.

Another stranger, this one a male. Her hackles rose, the fur standing on end in response to the tension that she felt rippling through her body. The new female Sophia was one thing, Anu's defenses had been up and her questions blunt. But with the entrance of a unknown male to these lands the Lt. General was even more cautious then before. She caught his scent, and it drew her close enough to see him. She thought of the helpless pups she had left in the pack's mansion with her eldest daughter, and her motherly protectiveness only made her more defensive. This is Crimson Dreams lands. She spoke with an even tone, blue eyes watching the male, tail curled upwards and her lips were drawn in a still black line. Are you lost?

<style type="text/css">
.whaticantbe b {font-weight:bold; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8b7153; letter-spacing:1px; }
.whaticantbeooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6f6f6f; text-align:right;}
.whaticantbe p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.whaticantbe {margin:0 auto; width:334px; background-color:#d1d9ea; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... 39copy.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 0px 0px 130px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6f6f6f; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:11px; text-align:justify;}
.whaticantbe-border1 {width:336px; border:1px solid #4c351e; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
OOC: Hiii! Word Count: 301

The other wolf didn’t surprise J’adore. He smelt her. Due to his blindness, he didn’t lower his posture, nor act lower in rank. ‘Au contraire, I seek one of your members and also asylum’. He stood up from the rock he was on. He jumped down and smiled, his very best ‘harmless’ smile. ‘I believe you know Sophia? I can smell her. Maybe she told you about me?’ he coughed awkwardly ‘If she has you will probably know I am without sight. Not a very good disability if one plans to stay on his own, do you agree?’. The sea behind him growled melodically. He pointed his head to the ground, waiting for the female wolf to speak up. ‘Am I speaking to the Crimson Dreams leader?’ he mused attempting to finally get a response from the wolfess, who he could feel scrutinising him. The two spent the next few minutes in silence. He understood her defensiveness. A lone male stranger could mean trouble. Especially a wolf with a past as brutal as his. Even though he meant no harm to the wolf in front of him, Sophia or the rest of her pack. His tri-colour rippled in the ocean breeze. The sand blew over his sandy paws. His white eyes search the floor idly, they have no use anymore. The injury bled his eyes of sight and colour. There was no use for his eyes, Sophia might as well have tore his eyes out instead. The wolf continued to muse over his past, while the wolfess pored over him, silently. J’adore, the French word for love. A terrible irony, due to his past. He was reminded of this every time his eyes opened to black. As his motto said ‘You don’t need sight to see’.
[html]

She watched, approaching him slowly as she did so. His face did not follow her and when she looked closer Anu noticed that his eyed didn't follow her either. His answer caused the slight gray and tan wolf to pause in her approach, and she even took a step backward when he jumped from the rock. No, I do not know of you. She answered him, still standing on guard despite his casual tone. His blindness could almost be assumed by his posture, making sense as she could stare at his face and there was nothing looking back at her. I am Anu, second in command here and I know of Sophia, she just recently joined us. The wolfess spoke not of his disability, unsure if she should offend him with sympathy or if he sought it in his plea for acceptance. What would a blind wolf bring them? But she should not always think of what a joiner could give them, but what they could provide. Their hospitality spoke of their strength.

Is your purpose to join her?

<style type="text/css">
.Anu09 b {font-weight:bold; color:#9d4d66; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Anu09ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Veranda, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#6c6873; text-align:center;}
.Anu09 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.Anu09 {margin:0 auto; width:339px; background-color:#e2c7be; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... e2c7be.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #9d4d66; padding: 0px 0px 200px 0px; font-family: Verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#6c6873; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.Anu09-border1 {width:341px; border:1px solid #F5E7DE; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
OOC: Thanks! Word Count: 187.

‘Oh, that is probably for the best then’ J’adore answered. ‘Yes I do wish to join your pack, and I mean no harm to you or your pack. I may have lost my sight, but I like to think I have a sixth sense, I am quite a capable hunter, not the best but I have an alibi. I like to think of myself as a jack-of-all-trades. Here and there’. There was more silence. J’adore shifted his weight. He yawned, showing off his long, well-worn teeth, mind you even with them being worn J’adore could still do a lot of damage, not that he intended to. Anu, the second-in-command, had swiftly avoided any mention of his disability. She hadn’t needed to. He was used to getting sympathy and he had grown used to it. However now most others tended to avoid his disability, not knowing what to make of it. ‘ If there is space in your pack I will happily accept the rules, if you’ll take me, I think I could be of some use’. J’adore said, discreetly trying his luck.
[html]

The blind male spoke, and Anu remained silent and ever watching as he did so. She wished to hear him, to know the undertone and the thoughts that were the subtext. The eldest Dreamer was not one for dishonesty, and prided herself on speaking the truth. She hoped that this male was the same, genuine in his intentions here. There were some that came and went, wanderers that needed refuge and then continued on their journey once they felt rested and revived. But each that passed through their ranks would be questioned, each told of their ways and held to the same standard. A jack-of-all-trades, someone that had no sight and yet still dabbled in a little bit of everything. She wondered if he had been born blind or if he had suffered an injury or illness to make him so. But the question was not as pertinent as what she needed to tell him.

We’re peaceful here inside our ranks as well as out, J’Adore. Her tone was softer then before, willing to accept what he had to offer but not without warning. Our relationships with the surrounding packs are valued and respected. If you can live by those rules, then there is a place for you here. her tone was not harsh, her defenses having been lowered moments ago. They were not hard rules to obey, and she sensed that he would have no problem doing so.

<style type="text/css">
.tellthetruth b {font-weight:bold; color:#babdcc; letter-spacing:1px; }
.tellthetruthooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1e2b45; text-align:left;}
.tellthetruth p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.tellthetruth {margin:0 auto; width:337px; background-color:#4d73b4; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... 93copy.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #babdcc; padding: 0px 0px 150px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1e2b45; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.tellthetruthborder1 {width:339px; border:1px solid #1e2b45; margin:0 auto;}
.tellthetruthline1 {width:150px; border-bottom:1px dashed #1e2b45; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
‘I am willing to accept your rules, Anu’ he agreed, stumbling at the wolfs name, an unfamiliar name he would learn to respect. ‘By the way, if you were wondering, I had a run in with Sophia that left me with no sight’. The waves continued to hiss, but politely, as if they were rejoicing at J’adore’s progress from trespasser to, hopefully the latest pack member. ‘So do I make the cut?’. The coastal breeze had a distinct taste of salt and seaweed. He could smell that this was pack territory. Several wolves scents merged together. Pups, Adults, the Teen wolves somewhere in-between. And Sophia’s scent, like fine wine. He noticed smells well, his sight had gone but his sense of smell had heightened. J’adore noticed his own scent was very close to freshly picked strawberries, which brought him on to his next subject. He took a deep breath before filling the silence, in which Anu thought about her next answer. ‘You have small pups’ he said ‘3 or 4, the exact number I can’t tell but somewhere near that, males I think, my sense of smell is good at picking up that, who people have been with where they have been, you also have an older female, and you’ve been in a shelter, a house maybe’. J’adore had to admit, his heightened super-sense surprised even his. It was normal till he was blinded, but since he relied on his hearing for staying away from trouble, he relied on his scent for hunting, finding out about someone and finding his way home. He never thought he’d cosy to the idea of a pack. But being this close to belonging was one of the top ten moments in his life. And for some reason losing his sight was up there too.
300+
[html]

I'll get you titled and set to go, we can close this with your next post! Big Grin

If it was his purpose to reconnect with Sophia then Anu could not object. She felt he was genuine, and took his words as a promise that he would behave. His story was brief and was somewhat of a shock to the Lt. General. If Sophia had done this to him, what was if that he looked to return to her now? But he would accept her rules, and she would watch his actions until he proved himself. I hope your past will not tarnish your reunion. She commented, not wishing to go too deeply. It was meant to answer all his questions, and Anu turned to lead him to the Manor.

Three boys. Anu spoke softly, thinking of her litter and her wish to return to them. We live in a large house, I can lead you there. I am unsure where Sophia had settled, but that is the best place to start. The female looked back at him, waiting for him to follow. If it was her scent that he follow, or her sound Anu was unsure, but if he had tracked the Dreamer’s newest pack member she figured he could track her as well.

<style type="text/css">
.anusurrender b {font-weight:bold; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7fa2a9; letter-spacing:1px; }
.anusurrenderooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7fa2a9; text-align:right;}
.anusurrender p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.anusurrender {margin:0 auto; width:379px; background-color:#144b56; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... 762610.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #cad7e1; padding: 110px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#cad7e1; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:11px; text-align:justify;}
.anusurrender-border1 {width:381px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}

</style>
[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Related, or to seek out a Mentor.

OOC: Just tying up!

'Well I won't keep you from your boys for too long' J'adore said following Anu. He liked Anu, she was caring yet defensive, a good leader. He was happy to follow her instructions.