Memento
[html]
Hurray for gifts! XD Have you picked a room in the house for Nayru yet?? =X
WC: 412

It had taken a little longer than expected, but she was done. Bris had been absolutely set on finding just the right stones for this particular bracelet. Now that it was finished, its crimson gems and silver finish sparkling in the sunlight in the palm of her hand, the white woman spared herself a contented smile. She was fairly pleased with herself, and regarded the piece as one of her favorites out of all of the ones she'd crafted so far. Bris still didn't consider her skill to be as good as Kol's had been, but she was stubborn and dilligent and determined to get there.

Still smiling, the spaher reached across her bed for the stash of velvet pouches she'd managed to find at one of the old jewelry shops in town. It had taken some time to clean and stretch the stiffness out of them, but it was worth it. They were just the right size for most of her pieces, and the soft cloth helped to protect the precious metal and gemstones from the elements when they weren't being worn. The pouches ranged in color from black, to green, blue, red, and purple. Taking a moment to ponder, Bris decided on a simply black one for this particular bracelet, then dropped the piece inside and tied the pouch shut loosely.

Bris had been working for over a month collecting the parts for the bracelet she now carried down the stairs of the victorian house, but she'd finished it only just in time for its debut. Nayru had only had her first shift a few days ago, and Bris had hurried to set the final two small rubies into place on either side of the central stone: a gorgeously cut large garnet. In her regular outings for supplies for her growing hobby, Bris had come across an old human list of sorts. It had pictures of stones of varying colors and types, along with the word "birthstone" and corresponding months. It had taken a little bit of time to figure out the human calendar, but the white woman had eventually determined that Nayru's birthstone was the deep red garnet, a fitting stone for the young girl in Bris' humble opinion. Now, as she made her way through the hallway on the bottom floor, calling Nayru's name softly since she wasn't sure which room she would find her in, she could only hope that the young girl would like her present.

Table by Marishka!
<style>
.bris .ooc {font-style:italic;}
.bris p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:15px;}
.bris b {color:#d5b06a; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.bris {background-color:#fff; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/ ... rishka.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:320px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; font-family:lucida; font-size:12px; color:#777468; letter-spacing: 1px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:430px; text-align:justify; }
.bris-border {width:432px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.bris .separator{width:390px; border-bottom:1px dashed #866e42; margin:5px auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
Nayru has a room to herself, somewhere on the first floor XD we need a map or something. 394

Nearly seven months. In a short two months more Conor would raise her into adult ranks and no longer could she ever use youth as an excuse for anything. Although in many ways Nayru had matured, there were some fragments of childhood she clung to. On one day she might be aloof and serene, wisdom and logic far beyond her age driving her to act older than she was, and on others she would be content to tumble with Gideon and pester the good natured elders to her heart’s content. Yet that fuzzy line that allowed for such interchangeability was growing thinner, and soon the line would not be there at all. She’d be an adult and it was best to start practicing now.

Nayru stared down at her hands, for they certainly were hands when she was in her optime form. Only Conor had seen her thus far, though it had been quite a while since she had first shifted. Only in private she did the piebald girl move about on two legs, unwilling to let others see how uneasy on her feet she had been at first. Now she was as graceful on two legs as she could be on four, and the dainty little Nayru was nothing if not graceful, when she wished. There were certainly many benefits to two legs that four legs did not provide, along with the use of opposable thumbs she could spin, twirl and jump to her heart’s content, which she did often in her room, when the others were sleeping and less likely to hear her soft foot falls on the wooden floor.

Yet she couldn’t hide from them forever, nor did she wish to, and so when she heard Bris’ voice calling out for her, Nayru dutifully went to the door, opening the handle and stuck her head out. “I’m in here Bris.” Nayru stood by her door, as casual and natural as could be, wondering if Bris wished to gain access for whatever reason she called to the girl. Well, if she did Nayru wouldn’t deny her. Nayru’s room was empty except for an old desk and a bare bed, the frame none too new. The girl didn’t think she’d stay in that room forever, but it had been her haven for the last three months and the fairy child wouldn’t forget that.

[/html]
[html]
Having a layout of the house is not at all a bad idea. <.< We should do a Dahlia chat later and hash things out and see if we can get someone to do a simple layout image like they have for apartments and such on websites. XD I plan on doing something similar for Drey's house next door too. ^^
WC: 325

"I'm in here Bris." The child's voice called softly from a room toward the back of the house, though Bris would be hard-pressed to call Nayru a child any longer. She was nearly seven months of age, and it never ceased to amaze the woman how quickly children could grow up. Nayru's voice had long since lost the high-pitched cutesy voice of puppyhood, and was steadily evolving into the soft, beautiful voice of maturity to match her growing body.

Smiling warmly, her hands holding the velvet pouch gently between them, Bris made her way to the girl's door, stopping in front of her. Nayru's space was her own, and there was no way the spaher would ever intrude on someone else's space without being asked. As she'd approached, Bris' smile had widened at the revealed sight of Nayru's shifted form, excitement and joy plastered quite apparently on her snowy face. "Oh Nayru, you're beautiful!! Turn around and let me get a good look!! And you went through it by yourself, didn't you? Gods, my first time was terrifying! I couldn't go through it without Drey's help!" As she stood in the doorway admiring the young girl, Bris rambled on excitedly, like an older sister full of boundless joy over her sister's good news.

After the first initial moments of excitement, Bris' fingers brushed against the soft velvet of the pouch she held between her hands, reminding her that there was another purpose for stopping by the younger girl's room. "OH! This is for you, to celebrate your first shift. I hope you like it, I tried to find the best stones that I thought would suit you." Bris grinned as she stretched her hands out, the black velvet pouch offered up for Nayru to take. It was Bris' very first gift for someone made by her own hand, and there was a nervous excitement to her mismatched eyes as she waited for the girl's reaction.

Table by Marishka!
<style>
.bris {background-color:#fff; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/ ... rishka.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:320px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; font-family:lucida; font-size:12px; color:#777468; letter-spacing: 1px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:430px; text-align:justify; }
.bris .separator{width:390px; border-bottom:1px dashed #866e42; margin:5px auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
We should also really plot where everyone’s homes are on the Dahlia map. I like mapping crap out. 539.

Bris appeared out of the hall and Nayru bowed her head low in a respectful but silent greeting. They were too close for formal words but Nayru would and did sneak in acts of deference from time to time. Yet it was a subtle and simple gesture, one that flowed naturally with the two women and so when Bris excitedly continued on with her purpose Nayru smiled at the woman, as easily and sweetly as one could. Bris and Conor were not so set into guardian roles that Naryu was unable to bond with them as friends, and often when they weren’t playing the role of protector or food source Nayru treated them much the same that she treated Gideon.

At Bris’s request the cream and charcoal girl turned about, and spurred by the white woman’s encouragement she did not merely turn around but twirled. One foot in the air and one upon the ground she twirled rather well, with a natural dancer’s grace and upon stilling herself she couldn’t help but giggle as Bris’s enthusiasm bubbled over and caught hold. Earlier in the day shifting had not been cause for such giddiness, she had been rather somber and reflective, but the flip between elation and solemn contemplation was one easily flipped. “Thank you Bris. Yes, I went through it myself, but it wasn’t so terrifying.” That night and early morning she had spent alone was rather peaceful and remembered fondly by the girl, when she omitted the memory of the white dream ghost.

Stepping aside Nayru led a few steps into her room, knowing it was rude to leave a guest, even if she was a house mate, standing at the door rather than inside. “I’d ask you to take a seat, but there are none.” Nayru looked about her empty room doubtfully, and let the thought slip away. Up until now she spent little time in her optime form and had never had need for furniture as the others seemed to make use of. Turning back to the woman, Nayru’s eyes glittered at the lady held out the bag to her. A gift? Nayru had never gotten a gift from anyone, unless one counted life itself as a gift, and she was uncertain as to the proper way to go about accepting such an item.

“Oh?” Her voice was soft and curious as she stretched out her hand and removed the bag, carefully pulling at the knotted strings and dumping the contents of the pouch into her open palm. The stones glittered when they caught light and Nayru fingered the bracelet gently with careful fingers. Others wore embellishments upon their body but Nayru had never considered doing so herself until now. She wasn’t completely sure on how to go about wearing it, though it looked only big enough to go about her wrist or ankle. “It’s beautiful, would you help me to put it on?” Her eyes glittered when she looked up at Bris, holding the stones close to her face. The garnet and ruby lent a depth to Nayru's eyes that made them richer than before, made them glisten and gleam like freshly split blood. And indeed the eyes matched the color of such liquid perfectly.

[/html]
[html]
*lovelovelove*
WC: 396

Upon entering Nayru's humble bedroom behind her, Bris noted that it seemed rather sparse compared to some of the other rooms in the house. Obviously, now that Nayru was able to use all of her forms, Bris would have to make sure to amend that. The broken down buildings of Wolfville and Berwick held enough useful furnature for a population ten times that of Dahlia. She didn't doubt she'd be able to find a few useful things to decorate the girl's chosen bedroom if she wanted. Of course, there were wolves who preferred the barest of things, and if that was what Nayru wanted, that was what she would get. All Bris cared about when it came to the girl was making sure she was happy and safe.

Bris' excitement nearly overflowed at the look of anticipation in the younger girl's eyes. She held her breath as Nayru ever-so-carefully pulled at the pouch strings, then grinned widely as the girl's face lit up when the bracelet was revealed. Even if the girl were mute, there was no mistaking the look of wonder and appreciation in her eyes. Bris' own eyes lit up as Nayru complimented the bejeweled piece and asked for her help in putting it on. "You like it? It's the first one I've ever made for someone other than myself, and let me tell you, it's so much harder designing something that's not for you!" Still smiling, Bris gathered the bracelet up and unclasped it with her deft fingers, so used to fiddling with the tiny, often fragile adornments the humans had worn in their time. In anything she made, the clasp was always the most important thing for her to improve on, as there was no possible way the tiny, flimsy clasps of the original jewelry would ever hold up against the were that wolves could put them through.

It took hardly any time at all for Bris to fasten the bracelet around Nayru's wrist, and she chewed her lip as she noticed that it seemed just a tad too big for the placement. Taking a step back to better assess the situation, Bris' smile turned into a thoughtful look of contemplation. "You know, that might actually be a bit too big for your wrist. If you want, I can make it a bit smaller, unless you prefer to wear it another way."

Table by Marishka!
<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
PP Bris’s approval, eep! 445.

Nayru nodded as Bris explained this was the first that she had made for someone else. That made the thin bracelet all the more unique then, but why would Bris have chosen her to bestow a gift upon? Why not one of the Stormbringer puppies, who were Bris’s blood relatives, or Conor’s younger cousins? Or Conor himself? Nayru did not pose this question out loud in fear of offending the kind ivory woman, and although Nayru didn’t find herself particularly deserving of any special gifts she could not fault Bris’s judgment. Whatever the female found accepted and right was probably so, and Nayru would accept it. “Thank you. No one has ever given me a present before, this is too kind.” It was in fact the first personal belonging Nayru had accumulated.

Upon her wrist it glinted merrily, but dangled too much and Nayru could see the danger in losing it if the chain should slip from her delicate wrists. “Oh no, don’t change it!” Why Nayru felt that to shorten the chain would be wrong she wasn’t sure, yet something told her not to let the woman alter it. The bracelet was already in creation and perfect as it was as far as the girl was concerned and if it were not meant for her wrist than perhaps somewhere else. “I can wear it around my ankle?” Nayru slipped it off and held it, waiting for Bris’s consent in moving the piece to her leg. Yes, there it would fit snug, so perfectly it would make noise when she walked but would glint and gleam if the sun caught it just right. Not an obvious adornment but something one would notice if they took the time.

After gaining the approval from Bris, for she wanted to woman to be pleased with the placement as much as Nayru was herself, she relocated the bracelet, and as she had thought it fit perfectly. Like a poised dancer she held out her leg, impeccable balance keeping her steady as she stretched out the long limb for the two fo them to inspect the jewelry’s new home. “It fits.” Lowering her leg she smiled up at Bris again, feeling more connected to the older female than she had before. Conor and Bris she had always considered guardians, not quite parents but akin to them, yet they were something more too. They were friends, despite the age gap, and two of the few Souls that Nayru would open up to for help and advice. Why the idea came to her then Nayru couldn’t explain, but the words came forth before she had time to reconsider. “Bris, can you read?”

[/html]
[html]
*noms your head*
WC: 385

Bris wasn't sure why she hadn't thought of it herself when the girl make the suggestion to move the bracelet. The older woman had thought of moving it, to be sure, but she hadn't really had a certain spot in mind when she'd suggested it. Seeing the bracelet adorning the piebald girl's ankle, Bris almost had the feeling that fate had guided her hand to make the jewelry just so in the first place. It fit so well it seemed it had been meant for her ankle all along. "That's perfect Nay! It looks gorgeous there!"

The white luperci couldn't help the enormous grin that graced her lips as she watched Nayru twirl about. "I'm almost jealous of how easily you found your balance already. It took me days to be comfortable after my first shift, and here you're ready to go dancing!" It never ceased to amaze Bris when anyone would show a natural aptitude for anything, be it shifting, or crafting, or anything else of a complicated nature. Then again, when Bris took the time to think about it, she supposed she was the same way when it came to making jewelry and reading. She seemed to have a knack for designing things just right together. When it came to reading, Bris found that once she'd learned the basics all that time ago, most of the rest seemed to flow naturally. She always carried around a rather large book full of word meanings with her in case she encountered something unfamiliar, but it was never enough of an obstacle that a foreign word would derail her.

Strangely enough, it seemed that Bris' young charge was on the same wavelength. The snowy woman tilted her head a bit in curiosity, the smile still not leaving her face. "Well, yes, actually. Kol taught me the foundations, and then I've sort of been building from there by just reading anything I can get my hands on. Why? Do you want to learn, too?" If her assumption was right, Bris would certainly have no qualms at all about teaching the young Nayru to read. It was a skill that the older wolf had found invaluable lately. Knowing how to read the texts left behind by the humans opened up so many more possibilities for all luperci kind.

Table by Marishka!
<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
Short, but eh! 313

Ask and you shall receive. It was almost too easy and Nayru was suddenly very grateful for her place in Dahlia de Mai. Most of the adults were indulgent of the younger pups, but they were also ever ready to aid them in learning and growing. Nayru had never really taken advantage at a younger age, honing her skills of stalking and tracking by herself. She had been a silent child in their house, and she moved like a ghost through Dahlia de Mai, appearing only at night in the Victorian home, silently filling her room, disturbing no one. Still she could be nearly absent, yet a part of their daily lives, but she knew too she could choose to immerse herself in them. Soak them in as she had the first few weeks she had come to Dahlia de Mai. Eat up their energy and take all their could offer her ever expanding mind, body and spirit. This is what she intended to do.

“Yes, I wish to read.” It was a skill that was growing more common place, and one that would grant her more independence than she currently had. Now for any knowledge she relied on answering, or discovering at least, from others. If she could read written words than the nearly the whole realm of human knowledge was at her fingertips. And they could take that knowledge and apply it in their lives, their culture. The possibilities with that were nearly endless and it was not an opportunity she was willing to get away. Thankfully Bris made that easy, the warm woman offering exactly what she wanted. “Could we start now?” Time was nearly as precious as knowledge, or perhaps more so, and Nayru didn’t have any desire to make waste of that either. There were some things in life that the girl was learning were inexcusable if wasted.

[/html]
[html]
We can end this with one more post from you if you want, or leave it with this. XD It's up to you love! And sorry it's so sloppy, my brain feels like sludge today. <333333333333333333
WC: 373

Nayru's enthusiam was contagious, and Bris grinned at the girl's request to start immediately. The eagerness in the young girl's eyes was bright and thirsty, and the older Dahlian understood now how Kol had felt when faced with the same question. Nayru was becoming more and more like a little sister in Bris' eyes. Though their pasts were far different, the piebald girl reminded the Stormbringer very much of herself. She was all too happy to endulge her.

Bris laughed lightly as she spoke, answering the younger Dahlian's question. "Of course we can! I don't have anything else to do today, and I've got a pretty good stash of books upstairs, not to mention the shelves in the study." Bris had actually been surprised when she'd first seen the study, back when this house was first offered to her by Conor. Two walls of it were lined from floor to ceiling with books of all sizes, and her hungry hands had only turned the pages of a small percentage so far. In addition, Bris had finally gotten around to finding a decent bookcase for her bedroom a week or so ago, and had begun filling it with various novels and collections she'd found strewn around the towns of Dahlia de Mai.

"Come to think of it, I think I have a couple of spare dictionaries too. I always have mine around with me whenever I'm reading. That way, if I come across any words I don't know the meaning of, I can look it up in the dictionary and understand it. I found a few in the library of town and brought them back for others to use. There should be a couple in the study. Let's go grab one and then we can pick out something for us to start with." There was no doubt in Bris' mind that Nayru would catch onto reading at least as quickly as she had, perhaps even moreso. If the bug bit her hard enough, the young girl would be sailing through books, and the older Dahlian didn't want a few unknown words to stop her. Confident that the piebald youngster would follow, Bris grinned at her and headed out down the hallway toward the study.

Table by Marishka!
<style>
</style>[/html]