my bloodied wings - m
[html]
WARNING This thread contains: strong language starting with the 8th post. Reader discretion is advised.
[/html]
[html]
style="background-image: url(http://i41.tinypic.com/15foxvo.png); width: 385px; height: 571px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px;">
style="padding: 0px; position: relative; left: 0px; top: 260px; width: 310px; height: 300px; z-index: 2; overflow: auto;">

+5

YOU MIGHT NOT FEEL IT NOW

Sleep dominated the greater part of her agenda since her travels back. With the under skin of her eyes feeling like they were slowly beginning to dissolve away from her flesh, she surrendered easily to the silence and black realm of slumber. When the hybrid was to awaken again in a manner that was very sleeping beauty-esque for a dramatic metaphorical example, there was a sense of rejuvenation that felt absolutely sublime. For once in a very long time, Talitha felt like the being of herself was beginning to be thawed out. The blisters along her heels and the sides of her long, clawed toes still leaked premature fluid and still stung like hell; as much dozing off she was doing, there were still mottled, dipping circles underneath her eyes. Even while some muscles in her shoulders, neck, and lower back were still tense, she could feel how her body was steadily falling into a different routine that she had not felt in a very long time. Granted that it felt absolutely amazing, too.

Except that sometimes no matter how much she felt like her insomnia was ebbing away, it felt like he was capable of lurking in the shadows of her mind, waiting for the right opportunity to strike with a nightmare. She could feel his yellow eyes gleaming, and feeling a presence that went beyond bone and flesh, told her that he existed one way or the other, long after his death. While he lurked in the back of her mind, her return also brought upon this uneasiness that made her check twice behind her shoulder barren with his teeth marks.

Mid-afternoon, the sun and the balmy breeze broke through the shattered window of the guest bedroom. Talitha staked her claim in one of the rooms belonging to the guest house around back of the greater D'Neville Mansion, seeing as how it seemed relatively smaller and (assuming from Talitha) not too many would decide to venture through there without scoping out the mansion first. It seemed vacant enough, for there were scents abound through the greater mansion she could smell, and decided that for the beginning of her return back to Inferni, it was best to have some personal time and privacy. Awaking from her slumber, Talitha grabbed her essentials for her journal (which was really the journal itself and a half way used pencil), and strolled out back to the extensive area of the lake.

Settling amongst an overgrowth of weeds and unidentified shrubbery, Talitha found her place in the cool fauna to sit with one leg on top of the other, stretched out languidly. Brushing her chocolate-y hair over her right shoulder, she proceeded to open her journal in order to jot down some fleeting thoughts of hers. Smoothing out a clean page, she proceeded to let her hand free write whatever came to mind.

"Couple days in, feeling better than thought I would. Either I really did miss Inferni, or was exhausted to the point where I could have collapsed at any moment. I'm at the mansion, staying in the guest house 'round back. The lake looks more like a swampland, but nature here is calm and green, and soothing. I've went past my third time's a charm and even my sixth, but maybe this time, the ninth charm could work..."

[/html]
[html]
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/l ... able-1.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-bottom:230px; padding-left:15px; padding-right:15px; padding-top:10px;">
+3

She did not improve of these members boldly walking on and off her lawn, finding themselves rooms to claim. It was just a damn shame that this was not her Mansion. She resented those who moved in without notifying the existing members living in the house. After the confrontation with Eris, she was gloomier than ever. While she walked around silently craving compassion from those around her, she could not stand the thought of the villa becoming more crowded. It was not as if the young hydra spent a lot of time in the house itself. She was known for isolating herself inside her bedroom and little else, but it did not matter.

With the katana’s weight against her back, she started to pursue the trail of the Mansion’s newest resident. She ruthlessly opened the door in to the new member’s room, but found it deserted. Perhaps she should have left it with that, but Halo did not have many concrete plans for the day, and so she would spend to track down and terrorize the fresh blood. The scent brought a taste of familiarity, but she did not hesitate enough to attempt to distinguish the fine hint of family. The ruby eyed woman had found that blood was not all in the end. There was no magical bond between the Lykois as she first had believed. Many were worthy of her admiration, but there were a few disturbingly rotten apples in the growing pile.

It did not take too long to track the other woman down. Doggish in appearance, she realized that this could only be Talitha (unless her Lykoi database was not up to date). So the little princess of Inferni had decided to return? She seemed occupied, but Halo confidently stomped into the tranquil scene anyway. ”When did you return?” This was not as much a question as it was a demand for an answer.

Table by Sie
[/html]
[html]

+3

"... Not too certain that I really 'feel' the true home vibe. Daddy always makes me feel welcome, but is it just a cover up to hide his disappointment? I feel like I can sense it behind his eyes. I know he's disappointed in me, i've let him down several times, and I'm always disappointed with myself too..."

Her hand held amazing dexterity to write at a nimble speed, for writing always was a personal passion of hers. Given the opportunity, Talitha could write a hundred page book in a day or two if she was passionate and head on enough to make up a story from scratch. Talitha was always so involved in her writing, and even if it was jotting down notes, sketches, and poetry in her personal journal, soon enough would the murky atmosphere of the lake would disappear and she would be consumed within the pages and swirls of her busy hand writing away at whatever came to the tips of her fingers to say.

Until someone said, no, commanded, when she returned to Inferni. The demand made her jump out of her writing trance, crimson eyes and unusually large ears flying up. Instantly dropping her pencil and slamming her journal shut as if caught red handed looking through the journal of the creature before her, Talitha was met with a coppery sort of colored coyote (though it also looked like she was mixed with other things) wearing a colorful sash on her side along with dark shorts, assortment of bones around her collarbone, and quite a long sword like weapon upon her back. It was the long blade that caught Talitha's eye the most, and connecting the weapon with the bones around her neck, assumed she was not one of the natives to double cross, or something of a warrior or a hunter of Inferni.

Giving a moment to give the other a once over, Talitha snapped out of her temporary surprise and locked her eyes with the other's matching color of blood red. "Couple days ago. Four or five." Her answer was simple and straight to the point, not saying anything more. Seemingly missing a detail the first time, her eyes found the tattoo of the Chaos Star upon the other's upper bosom. It was the exact same emblem displayed upon her own journal, to which her hand absently touched it on the cover. Lykoi.

<style type="text/css">
.beer-explosion b {font-weight:bold; color:#e41117; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.beer-explosion-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:times new roman, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:center; }
.beer-explosion p {text-indent:30px; padding:2px 15px; margin:0px;}
.beer-explosion {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... table1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #c07428; padding: 10px 0px 300px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#c07428; line-height:13px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Wowsa, I did not realize that you've been waiting for more than a month. I fail so hard it's actually sad <3 Sad

The female was delighted to see how her sudden presence seemed to surprise the doggish girl. Her face, however, remained hard, beautifully carved stone. Fine eyebrows rose in impatient expectation , though that did not mean that the other woman was slow with her reply. No, it meant that Halo was inanely quick at disapproving of others. She knew this, but her mood swings were immerse and shifting, and today she found strengths in this flaw. Oversized ears perked, then folded, as Talitha replied with a low number of days. Good; the Hydra liked having the overview of the family members around.

Her cousin’s eyes noted the crimson branded star on the side of her chest, and she stood proudly, her stance strong and with more than a touch of superiority. Indeed, she was proud and arrogant in her ways. Again, today she decided this would serve as her strengths. ”Why are you here?” she wondered, the words suggesting that she was not exactly content to see a long lost family member returning. The Lykoi woman kept to her cruel ways; viewed those who left Inferni as traitors—not much better than a simple wolf at all.

<style>
.halo-z29 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.halo-z29 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.halo-z29 b {color:#BE5A48; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.halo-z29 {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010june/halogift.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:230px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #BE5A48; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#957D85; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.halo-z29-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

No rush. [: 3+ Table by Sie

Pride and arrogance beamed from the Lykoi's physical stance as if it was a radioactive glow. Whether it was the position of rank carried within Inferni, or that her cousin (to which Talitha would find out later on) was raised to be a strong individual untainted by the evils of the world, it was traits that Talitha lost long ago. They were still within her, somewhere, but deeply suppressed by the negative shadow of her subconscious. The hybrid briefly thought about the times where she disappeared and was exiled from her own tribe lands. Inferni was and had been her birth place, her birth right, especially in the original lands that burned away. She thought about how she could have been standing in this arrogant Lykoi's place, looking down upon her or someone else in a surprised disapproval. She could have been exactly like this Lykoi, could have had this luxury, but didn't.

The next command to sound from the coyote was not pleasant either, as if she sounded annoyed that Talitha decided to come back to Inferni like it had been a vacation of luxury. This Lykoi woman had every right to demand a question toward her in that tone of voice, as the shadow of her inner conscious would tell her. They are asking why you even bothered to return, and why did you anyways? Can't you see that no matter what, you're going to be sent away again? It was true, she left so many times before, what would possibly convince the inhabitants of Inferni that she wouldn't repeat history again? All those times before, there were valid reasons. There was a soft exhale that blew from her nose before she answered. "Because Inferni is my true home. Because I was born into the original territory before it burned to ashes. This is my home, no matter how much I am exiled from it." Talitha specifically mentioned exiled for the fact that the last several times it was under her father's order to send her away, against her own will. Even when she was sent away, nothing could prevent her from returning to the place where she came into existance.

<style>
.tali-b02 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.tali-b02 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.tali-b02 b {color:#401900; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.tali-b02 {background-color:#C19960; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010june/taligift.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:120px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #E8D1B2; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#251D13; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.tali-b02-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

--

Eyes narrowed and a snort was given as the doggish girl spoke her reasoning for her presence in the clan lands. Truth be told the Lykoi had not known that Talitha had been exiled? Why was she back then if she had been sent away and told not to return? Obviously, Halo had no details in what had happened and why her cousin had been sent away, but she did not think that she needed such trivial things. This dog before her did not belong because she had failed in her loyalty to the clan. Oversized, copper hued ears pressed against her dark locks and the woman looked the other red eyed hybrid over critically. Perhaps it pleased to hear that the other firmly stated that this was her home, but Halo was not certain that she could ever agree with this.

Zana too had been a little bitch. Parading back and expecting everyone to be happy to welcome one that betrayed her own clan and blood. Thankfully the little midget had disappeared again shortly after, and Halo genuinely hoped that was the last she had seen of that relative. ”Right,” she smoothly ridiculed, voice falsely coated with sugar. ”I hear similar stories from the rest of you lot that come and go as you please. I don’t understand why Gabriel always takes you back.” They had lost their honour and their right to carry their proud surname. The Lykois were supposed to be strong and brave, but there were worms wriggling around in the mud, dragging the name and reputation down so that it got ruined.

<style>
.halo-z29 {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010june/halogift.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:230px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #BE5A48; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#957D85; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.halo-z29-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

3+ Table by Sie

This woman of Lykoi descent before her, seemed to see right through Talitha's words. Maybe it would have been a little strange if everyone was celebrating Talitha's return like nothing happened in the first place. Then again, Talitha wasn't expecting a welcome back party from anyone, and at least this Lykoi before her was being honest with the way she felt about Talitha's situation with coming back. Her response was still on the annoyed side of things, explaining how every Lykoi that came and gone held a similar excuse story one after the other. Truth be told, even she didn't know why Gabriel decided to take her back, time and time again.

However, that hit a sensitive area in her heart. Her story wasn't similar to whatever other Lykois there were, it couldn't be, and she knew of this even with not knowing any other Lykoi in the family. Surely they weren't captured as a Prisoner of War, beating into submission, later raped viciously by a relative who came back to rape her once again and kill her, and then have to live on with the memories of the past that reoccurred in nightmares constantly. It shone in her crimson eyes there was frustration to the Lykois words, even hurt as well, for that simply wasn't true. As much as her darker conscious agreed with the other Lykoi before her, there was a dull flicker of defense that sparked within Talitha, the greater self-esteem that had been suppressed, beaten, wounded itself. It might have been down for the count, but still held a little compassion, a little fight in itself to defend herself.

"I'm not just another one of those Lykois you speak of." Talitha said, defending her side. Her words sounded weak and laced with hurt, but she did not want to be regarded as another no good Lykoi. No, her circumstances had been very different. "Were you ever around during the Dahlian War? Were they around during the War?" They signified the Lykois that came and gone. Talitha couldn't even remember recalling this woman before her seen around the time the war happened, so Talitha didn't believe she had room to speak on it (if that was the case). "Nobody, not even yourself, could even realize the torment that war brought upon those who were affected personally." She could feel herself growing emotional, the backs of her eyes beginning to tingle with the sensation of breaking her emotions through tears, but wanted to hold back as much as possible. Her darker conscious also laughed at her, ridiculed her more, for attempting to speak up her real feelings and how they were truly damaged.

<style>
.tali-b02 {background-color:#C19960; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010june/taligift.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:120px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #E8D1B2; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#251D13; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

--

The other decided to take a stand. The copper hued woman unconsciously approved of this; wanted to see the other female stand up for herself and the blood she belonged to. But why was she not one of those Lykois? What made her different from they? Ruby gazes stayed connected, boiling colder than their fiery hues should be capable of. Halo detected the hurt in Talitha’s voice, and it fuelled her; made her want to push on further. It made her feel powerful to be able to push people over, and deep inside she was disgusted by her own act. Yet it did not feel like she had anything to lose, so she willingly followed her cruel impulses.

More words flowed forth and the Hydra’s gaze darkened noticeably. ”I was sent to Inferni at a later stage,” and that was not her fault. She was not guilty of failing Inferni because this was before her time. Unlike Talitha, Halo had not been born in this pack. She and her siblings had lived far to the north until the route had been explained by the deceitful father that had proven only to be full of lies. It was not long since she had discovered that the bastard was not her father at all. Her true sire was no better, but her blood was purer than she had initially been led to believe. That was a scarce comfort, but it was something. She did not like the way Talitha seemed to think that she knew more of violence and the damage it caused than her. Did she not know that there had been a second, bloodier war?

”You know nothing of war, of everything we’ve gone through in your absence,” the woman hissed, heated by the thought of the skeletons in her own closet. She knew enough about war and suffering. ”At least I remained loyal through and through, unlike yourself.”

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

5+ Table by Sie

Her relative's crimson eyes began seething as the hybrid began defending herself. She didn't fear her relative doing anything but barraging her with cold words and noting of Talitha's betrayal, but it was the words in themselves that could impact blows to her mental state that were far more transcending than any physical blow she could feel. Her skin tingled underneath her fur, as she felt herself growing ever more flustered and frustrated by the minute. Who was she before her, to question such things about loyalty and what she hadn't seen or experienced? Talitha might have missed out on the second war that happened, but she received more than enough of fair taste from the Dahlian War she went through.

Her relative justified that she was sent to Inferni at a later stage of the war. That, to Talitha, didn't mean anything. It meant to her that she missed out on the more little crucial periods of beatings and rapes, especially in Talitha's case. She threw her journal and pencil to the side, the thin frail pencil clattering on the cover and then tossed astray of her journal. "Then you really don't know all of it." Talitha said, defying the woman's truth. It was then her flustered nature would reach a peak of hysteria when she said Talitha knew nothing about war, and it was when she began to tremble. Her whole flood of memories washed through, the enduring of beatings that Haku gave her, the way her uncle viciously raped and scarred her body and mind for life, and being sent off by Gabriel, away from her family, away from everyone she knew, to deal with her problems all by herself.

Standing up to her full height, Talitha towered over her, her eyes glossy and burning. "I know nothing of war? I know more of what it felt like to be beaten into submission to where I thought the next hit my neck would snap, to be pushed away by my own family and left to fend for myself without anyone to help, to have mental and physical scars for the rest of my life, to have my fucking virginity taken by force by some fuck up relative of my own blood. I don't know nothing of war, huh?" Her tears then broke free, but Talitha spun around on her heels fast enough to where she couldn't see them descent down her muzzle. Talitha didn't even care to have any response to the last part about how she broke her loyalties with Inferni, for this was all too much to bear.

It was then Talitha folded her arms against her chest, and began walking away from the scene. Leaving her stupid journal behind, all she wanted to do now was retreat in her guest room and cry the day away.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

It's impossible for you to know this as you weren't there back then, of course, but I just wanted to mention that Haku never harmed Talitha Smile All he did was to keep her locked inside the building. Aaand we're done here I guess! It was a fun thread though tbh, want another one in the future? XD

The joy of seeing someone else suffer caressed her weary chest with satisfaction, though the emotions would be divided and insecure once this scene was over and she had time to think. There was no need to think now, however, and while the beautiful warrior watched the watering eyes of her cousin, she was taking great pleasure from the ability to crush the other’s defences and get behind that barrier to scratch and claw asunder her psyche. Halo knew that she was not sitting with all of the information about the first Dahlian war. In fact, since this was something she had not been present for, she had not taken much interest in it rather than enough to get a clear overview. After she had arrived in the clan there were more than enough matters to derail her thoughts, and now she was standing in deep water.

The doggish hybrid was taller than her as she rose and stood up to her full weight. Halo’s eyes gleamed with a dark shine of defiance regardless, for she knew that she continued to have the upper hand in this scene. All was a nasty competition to her, it seemed. Words spilled from Talitha’s mouth. Perhaps she knew more than the young Hydra initially had believed, but that ruby gaze remained colder than the fiery colour should be suggesting as she kept her stable gaze on the whiny woman’s face. If the brown and black hybrid wanted to use this to put her cousin in place, it was not effective. The confrontation was over however, and the upset female turned and made to leave the scene. Words danced out between slim lips regardless, ”Oh, please.” The words announced disgust, but the other seemed done with her, or perhaps she did not hear.

The journal continued to rest on the soft forest floor, abandoned by the one that had poured parts of her soul into it. The slender warrior padded over to loom over its worn covers for a moment before picking it up. Tossing it open, the woman let the pages dance roughly with her uncaring fingers as she contemplated whether or not she should put her dreadful reading skills to work here. She decided that Talitha had not intrigued her enough to keep her entertained with her journal. In fact, it could very easily be the opposite. The two of them had gone through the same horrors, but Halo was determined to never let anyone know about Samael’s deeds. Silas knew about Itachi and what had happened there, but not even he could know all of her hidden skeletons. The Lykoi woman tossed the book in a nearby bush, hoping Talitha would search forever and never find her precious diary again. Then, she turned and started to walk back to where she had come from, wondering if Talitha had retreated to the large building as well.

<style>
</style>[/html]