Disconnect the Dots
[html]
Liliana. 373 wc.

Nayru stood at the entrance to Aniwaya, surprised that their territory was surrounded by actual fencing rather than just marked by scent as she was accustomed to. Did Aniwaya have trouble keeping others out? Or were they keeping something in? Nayru wasn’t sure, but she knew at least she had found the right pack because the scent was the same one that had clung to Liliana’s coat. Upon their parting Liliana had explained how to Aniwaya, should Nayru decide she ever wanted to visit. Nayru had decided, on impulse, and set out early in the morning, excited to go further west than she had ever gone. It had taken a lot longer than she had expected however, especially as she hadn’t bothered to shifted into a faster form but remained two legged, walking the many miles to Aniwaya. Yet it had been enjoyable, passing through all the new lands, though she couldn’t stop to explore. Liliana wasn’t expecting her, but once Nayru had a destination, nothing would keep her from it.

By the time the girl arrived it was early evening. Had winter had its hold on the land night would have already fallen and blotted out the sun, but summer meant longer daylight hours and the crimson ball hung low, casting a soft glow over everything. Basking in that glow, Nayru stood hesitantly then, unsure of what exactly to do. At seven months she had barely been out of Dahlia once she got accepted in, and only then for short ventures into the surround neutral lands. What was the proper way to go about visiting a pack? When she had found Liliana the girl had just been wandering outside the borders, but that hardly seemed practical. It could be hours more before someone and found her here, and even then it might not be Lili. The logical thing then was to call out for the girl, and this Nayru did, letting out a long, low howl carried far, surely everyone in Aniwaya heard it though it was only for Liliana. And then she waited, sitting down cross legged outside the fenced area, picking blades of grass carelessly between her fingers, not sure why she had come but waiting there all the same.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 365 OOC: Sorry had a heck of a week's end >.<

Liliana was working her horse before she stabled her when she heard the call for her. Who would call for her? She knew many wolves that were outside the pack, but only a few promised her that they might give a visit. Lili turned the horse toward the call and let grace gallop all the way to the fenced in area, there she saw a small somewhat familiar form. She had to take a long look before she remembered it was Naryu, the markings were so distinct, but she’d grown! And she was walking on two legs! This excited her and she urged the horse to slow as they neared the fence, she then jumped off the horse, who was learning that meant to slow and stop. Liliana had been as graceful as a cat getting off the horse it looked like she floated down, but as she walked she surely didn’t look like any kind of god. She greeted the pup with a gring

Has it really been so long? You’ve sure grown, come on over.

Her voice was welcome. She knew that it hadn’t been that long… had it? Well she was sure happy to see the pup and knew that she was most welcome in Aniwaya, but she also wondered why the pup was here, hopefully for a friendly visit, and nothing wrong happened, but she’d be there for the pup if something did.

What brings you here?

She asked, and took Grace’s halter to pull her close. The chestnut horse snorted, not in distaste but exaggeration, as though Lili thought she would run off without another look behind her. Lili knew better. The horse chose her and she chose the horse. they were partners for life. Grace helped Liliana and Liliana helped Grace. It was a team work thing. She did want the horse to meet the pup but kept a distance just in case Naryu didn’t want to meet the horse. Liliana had already met two or three wolves that were scared of horses and she never pushed the animals on a wolf, they either liked them, didn’t or just didn’t care. Liliana didn’t know what Naryu was to them.

<style type="text/css">

.lilihorsetablegift b {font-weight:bold; color:#b4c8a6; letter-spacing:1px; }
.lilihorsetablegift-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9fa6a5; text-align:center;}
.lilihorsetablegift p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.lilihorsetablegift {margin:0 auto; width:366px; background-color:#f6fafc; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... gift01.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #acbca6; padding: 0px 0px 200px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9fa6a5; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.lilihorsetablegift-border1 {width:368px; border:1px solid #f6fafc; margin:0 auto;}
.lilihorsetablegift-line1 {width:342px; border-bottom:1px dotted #d5dcde; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
I was gone all weekend XD 450.

The sound of hooves alerted Nayru before any sight or scent hit her. Nayru pulled herself into a standing position and her crimson eyes opened wide when the silhouette of the horse and rider appeared. Liliana looked vastly different upon the four hoofed animal than she had upon Dahlian lands and the animal was strange in and of itself. Unlike the cat she had encountered Nayru already knew what this beast was, but she had never seen one for herself and the massive size of the animal amazed her. Surely Liliana’s horse, unlike the cat, spoke low speech like the deer and elk and so although Nayru looked it over with appreciation she did not speak to it. As Liliana hopped down the girl’s attention was diverted back to the woman, and at her kind words Nayru bowed her head low. Many others commented on her physical changes, especially when they saw her for the first time as a shifted creature, but the compliments were always met with modest bows and usually murmured thanks.

Nayru took a few steps closer to Liliana, a smile breaking on her face. It felt easy and natural to talk as if they were close friends, rather than two wolves whom had only met once. "It hasn’t been that long." Nearly two months to the day had passed since they had met each other, but as all puppies did, Nayru grew rapidly and the changes that her body had undergone were immense. More than that her mannerism were more refined, every little movement more graceful and thoughtful. Her thought process was becoming more mature by the moment, although Nayru retained her fanciful thinking and childlike curiosity. Ever the question and learning type the two toned girl eyed the horse as she drew nearer, unafraid but unsure as to how to behave around such a beast.

"I just came to visit, if that’s alright." Nayru’s words were shy and simple. If she wasn’t welcome she’d take no offense, after all this had been a surprise visit and Nayru didn’t know if Liliana had the time to spare. "I felt like venturing out of Dahlia and didn’t know where else to go." Aimless wandering was fun, and Nayru had done so on occasion, but having a destination gave a sense of purpose to the trip and Nayru was beginning to feel that most things ought to be done with purpose. More and more she liked to feel as if her actions had positive effects on her life or those around her. She could have wandered with no purpose today, by herself, but perhaps visiting Liliana would prove to be more beneficial, or so Nayru hoped was the case.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 312 (2 points) OOC: I just noticed… Aniwaya’s got no grand spectacular land mark hahahaha other than the spirit tree, but gonna contact Dawali and see if it’s like sacred or not ^^;

She was quite happy to see a familiar face, lately she’d only seen a few faces around… and most of them were new. Beside’s Naryu now the only one she’d seen more than once was Nayati, but she thought it was because she thought the white wolf rather cute, but to have female company was much better right now, she was surrounded by males, and lately hadn’t had much contact with any female wolves. It was nice. She’d returned the night before with trade from phoenix valley but the trip didn’t really phase her as bad as she thought it would, she’d gotten to her normal schedule, with a few extra mouths to feed.

It really is good to see you. And you are welcome here any time, I was rather surprised, which I think I don’t mind that at all. If you want I can show you around?

From the looks of it the young wolf hadn’t been to Aniwaya before, and she’d be amazed at some of Lili’s favorite spots, well except for the stables which right now stank of cow manure right now. She’d probably be interested in in the fields where they grew their food, but that was nothing compared to the vineyards, or even the place they washed up in. she had been around Aniwaya, most of it was all either swamp or trees, nothing but endless trees. Although the salt lake could be considered interesting, with the salt deposits, she’d learned to play a game about that area, because sometimes she’d spot a small deposit that would shape into an animal or item she knew. Well they’d figure it out soon enough. Things always tended to work out. Her tribe was not half as beautiful as Dahlia, but she knew it was quite functional and those that didn’t know the layout of the land would be stupid to attack the place.

<style type="text/css">

.lilihorsetablegift-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9fa6a5; text-align:center;}
.lilihorsetablegift {margin:0 auto; width:366px; background-color:#f6fafc; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... gift01.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #acbca6; padding: 0px 0px 200px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9fa6a5; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.lilihorsetablegift-border1 {width:368px; border:1px solid #f6fafc; margin:0 auto;}
.lilihorsetablegift-line1 {width:342px; border-bottom:1px dotted #d5dcde; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Liliana expressed her joy at finding Nayru and the girl smiled, her crimson eyes sweeping the land past Liliana and her horse. So long as she wasn’t intruding, it would be interesting to see inside another pack land. Nayru had made Razekiel tell her what life was like in Inferni, but the coyote had been loath to talk about it and Nayru had been asked not to go there. Did others live as Dahlians lived? The question still floated before her unanswered. Dahlians did as they pleased for the most part, so long as compassion and respect were given to each other. Some chose to live outside the towns, on four legs, while others lived more human-like lives, on two legs and inside buildings. They had simple rules to follow, and not many of them at that. Yet already Nayru felt herself in a strange place. No one in Dahlia, that she knew of, rode horses.

"I would love that, if you would." Her gentle voice was undemanding, ever polite, more so now that they were in Liliana’s home rather than her own. Nayru made a few steps towards Liliana and the horse, waiting for the woman to lead her to whatever sights she felt the girl should see. For Nayru it had been easy, the vineyards had immediately sparked Liliana’s interest, and of course there was so much more to Dahlia de Mai, Nayru herself never ran out of places to explore. Perhaps they could start simple, Nayru thought, as her gaze fell again upon the great beast beside them. "That is your horse?" The question was posed so that Nayru’s utter lack of knowledge on the animals showed. With that, Nayru knew that her time had not been wasting coming to Aniwaya, if anything, at least it would prove to be educational.

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.dump7 b {font-weight:bold; color:#5c3633; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.dump7 p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 10px;margin:0px;}
.dump7 {width:400px;border:1px solid #88315e;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... edump7.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:415px;background-color:#ccd8f2;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#88315e;}
</style>

WC:322 (2 Points) OOC: There I finally answered bad shawww!!1 two other threads had been going through my eyes, I gotta be more vigilante!!!

Liliana could see the curiosity in Naryu’s eyes, but also a little apprehension. Probably because it was a new place. Liliana could understand perfectly. She let go of Grace’s halter and started walking.

Well technically she doesn’t belong to me. She’s her own entity, but she’s my companion. I take care of her, and she takes care of me.

Liliana said, starting to head to the stables. She could tell that the horse was slightly too alien for Naryu and Grace needed her rest anyway, so she’d stable her, and start with the fields and the village. She never got to see what living was like in Dahlia but right now Liliana had to keep thinking of where to bring her, nothing around was eye shocking like the cliffs near the bay that Naryu had showed her, or even the smelly trash pile, which had treasures beyond wonders hidden in it. They did have the working fields which was well used for different kinds of herbs spices, and crops of sorts. The corn was starting to come in too, although she had never really eaten it before, the section for the corn field looked interesting none the less.

I’m afraid most of Aniwaya isn’t like your open fields in Dahlia, we have mostly forest, and swamp around here, but I don’t want to get my feet wet, the swamp looks better in full daylight anyway.

Liliana explained. She knew the forest itself was beautiful, but Naryu had to go through it just to get here, so it wasn’t like the young wolf hadn’t seen something like it. There were a few places like the village and the spirit oak that might interest the young girl. Liliana had been quite interested in the oak itself, she’d learned about spirit guides and how they came to be with an Aniwayan, Liliana didn’t know why she hadn’t gotten hers yet, but she was waiting patiently.

[/html]
[html]

Ownership seemed a concept foreign to Liliana, and Nayru wondered if all Aniwaya residents felt this way. Certainly it aligned with Nayru’s beliefs, she did not wish to possess another living creature, not even lower animals that lacked the knowledge of high speech. Yet Nayru wondered fully if the animals really chose of their own free will. Crimson eyes fell on the halter, wondering if it were just a tool to direct the animal so they could communicate, or did it help control her? Yet the horse looked healthy and happy, as far as Nayru thought horses could, and even if it didn’t, Nayru didn’t know what an unhealthy or unhappy horse looked like. Liliana was a kind woman, and Nayru did not doubt that whether free will or a working animal, Grace was taken care of. Following Liliana’s footsteps, she let her mind turn to other matters.

"Oh, we have forest in Dahlia de Mai, but no swamp!" Truly Dahlia was blessed with a varied landscape, natural and man-made, but Liliana hadn’t had the full tour. She had not seen the sandy beaches, the cool forest, the bubbling spring and the deep ravine. Liliana hadn’t properly seen Wolfville or Berwick either, and they were perhaps of the most interest to most strangers. There would always be another day, and Nayru wished to see Aniwaya. The young girl followed the older female, her eyes looked here and there for evidence of the Aniwaya members, but she hadn’t seen much yet. "Any place you wish to show me would be wonderful." Truly, and maybe they even had lodging? Nayru glanced at the sky. By the time their visit was over night would have fallen and the young girl wasn’t quite ready to wander home by herself without the aid of daylight. No matter the superior night vision wolves were blessed with, young as she was she didn’t want to encounter those who felt night the proper time to prowl.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 382 OOC: yay XD

She smiled at the young wolf, she hadn’t seen the forests in Dahlia but she believed her, she had been learning the layout of lands as she wandered and learned some of the borders of some and had enjoyed much time in the forests of the area. She liked looking around for any possible herbs she might be able to learn about. Although she hadn’t been to any near Dahlia the area was filled with many wooded places. Although the swamps were not as numerous. As she moved the horse slowly walked behind her, making little sound on the ground as they walked through the grasses.

Hopefully your family isn’t missing you too much.

She said, she knew Naryu was capable of taking care of herself now, for the most part, but angry pack members following her trail here, wouldn’t be so great for the wolf and her own pack. She just wanted to make sure that something like that wasn’t going to happen. The horse blew at Liliana for such a bad way at being subtle and shook her head. They weren’t too far from the stables and working fields although it was still a short ways from there. The walk was not so hilly, and there were no cliffs to worry about in this area, although she’d seen some in the forests that she had to be careful with. She moved along, trying to think of something else to say. This is why she was so bad at making friends. She could never find the proper thing to actually talk about.

Well… the swamp is mostly water, rather wet, and can be pretty dangerous in parts sadly, it can be pretty in its own way I suppose though.

She said finally, thinking about her first and so far only visit to the swampy area of Aniwaya. It wasn’t something she cared much for. She found it much more humid and with her fur, it wasn’t a good thing, and getting wet in the mucky water was not her idea of fun, maybe for other’s but not hers, she’d rather stay in the sea or a lake or something that she could clearly see enough to know it was actually water and not water mixed with plant and bug life.

<style>
.lili-horse2-ooc {font-style:italic; }
.lili-horse2 p {padding:0px 7px 5px 7px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.lili-horse2 b {color:#B6D6F8; letter-spacing:.8px;}
.lili-horse2 {background-color:#213142; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010may/lilhorse2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 228px 0px; border:1px solid #7DA4CD; font-family: 'palatino linotype', palatino, georgia, serif; font-size:13px; color:#7DA4CD; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:15px; width:351px; text-align:justify; }
.lili-horse2-border {width:353px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.lili-horse2-separator{width:340px; border-bottom:1px dotted #7DA4CD; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Nayru smiled when Liliana spoke of her family. Though the woman hadn’t asked a question, Nayru could sense the Aniwaya was looking for information, and the fairy child was happy to share it. "Conor won’t mind, he’s the one that looks after me. Although, he wouldn’t be too fond of my coming home at so late an hour, I perhaps should save the return journey for morning… if I could stay here?" Her already low voice dropped lower then, showing her hesitance at asking for lodging when it hadn’t been directly offered. Had she been older or knew the land better she wouldn’t mind making the trip back at night, but good sense held her back and Liliana was kind enough. Nayru didn’t think the woman would mind the admission of wishing to stay out of the neutral lands at night.

They continued on, Nayru still looking to either side of her but finding only more forest after forest. She wondered if Aniwaya was mostly forest, or if their lands varied as much as Dahlia de Mai. Liliana only spoke of swap and forest and Nayru guessed that Aniwaya was more consistent in its landscape. Love for her home swelled in her, pride in the assorted scenery that she could enjoy all within her own borders. "Where do you sleep? Some Dahlians sleep in dens but mostly we inhabit the old buildings of Wolfville and Berwick." She was curious if life in Aniwaya differed greatly from that in Dahlia de Mai, and she wondered too if they were going to see the homes of the residents, or where exactly Liliana was leading her. Surely they were to come upon it soon, they had been walking for quite some time.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 361 (2 Points)

I have no problems, there’s the town hall, where visitors can sleep for the night. My hut might do well, I just don’t really have any extra bedding.

She said, she knew this would come up and it was better that it did now than later. They were coming up to a large field which was used as the pasture for the horses. Seeing it, Grace trotted up ahead of them, her tail held high. Liliana loved the sight of the flaxen maned chestnut. She couldn’t help think of how beautiful the horse really was.

Many of the wolves here have huts and lodge around the ceremonial fire, there are others who den on their own. I have a hut near the fire myself. I don’t mind the company of other dens close to me. I’ll show them to you once we get grace stabled.

She said, watching ahead. Grace was having a blast in the field trotting around, but keeping close to the two wolves. She wanted to be sure that Liliana was ok at all times. After all she was her protector. They came up to a huge field full of different crops that the pack planted in the spring. There were different rows of different type of foods. Much of it was hay, they didn’t eat it, but it was good for the horses and cow. Just beyond it was the stables, which was taken care of enough that it wasn’t going to fall right onto them if a tornado hit, but the paint had peeled and there were some things that probably could use repairing.

That there is the stables, it’s where the horses sleep, as well as our lone cow. I don’t suggest going near him though he’s a cranky old fellow.

Liliana said turning to Naryu, wanting to see her reaction. She knew it was nothing like what Dahlia had, but she was proud, it was very hard work to keep the crops weeded and growing, she played a part in making sure only that particular crop was in its spot. She was still learning and had accidently pulled one of the plants by mistake.

<style>
.lili-horse2 {background-color:#213142; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010may/lilhorse2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 228px 0px; border:1px solid #7DA4CD; font-family: 'palatino linotype', palatino, georgia, serif; font-size:13px; color:#7DA4CD; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:15px; width:351px; text-align:justify; }
.lili-horse2-separator{width:340px; border-bottom:1px dotted #7DA4CD; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Graciously Liliana offered two different sleeping arrangements and Nayru smiled and bowed her head in silent thanks. Although the comfort of Liliana’s personal dwelling seemed inviting, Nayru thought sleeping without bedding in her lupus form, as she did at times in Dahlia de Mai, would feel strange if Liliana slept with bedding as an optime. There had been a saying she heard somewhere, her mother perhaps as a very small child, it pertained to a place called Rome. Nayru did not know where Rome was, but the sentiment was the same, do as those who live in the area do. "The town hall will be fine I’m sure. I don’t require any special accommodations or anything." And it would be interesting to see another building of Aniwaya, experience their culture as the outsider that she was. If that’s where they housed visitors than that was where she would be housed.

They came up to a field and Nayru at once spotted the barn, the paint flaking off in places but it stood tall. They had stables and barns in Dahlia de Mai, most however were falling into ruin, and none housed any livestock. The expansive fields of hay however were a foreign sight, they did not cultivate anything on a mass scale in Dahlia de Mai either. Conor grew some plants in a leftover greenhouse, Nayru knew this, but she had never seen it for herself. To grow, harvest and utilize plants seemed to interest many and Nayru against longed to learn how to do this for herself.

However she did not contemplate long, for Liliana spoke again and Nayru raised her head to the woman, a puzzled smile on her lips. "What is a cow?"

[/html]
[html]

WC: 323 (2 points)

Liliana couldn’t help but stare at Naryu incredulously at first, but then, she remembered she’d been around all over the place. Naryu hadn’t, she’d been in a pack all her life, but she didn’t know what a cow was? They were everywhere, very easy prey to some. She thought about how to explain it, but thought against it.

They aren’t anything special, you’ll see when we get in. we are going to take the back way anyway.

She said as they moved to the old building. Grace was by the door waiting, staring at the two of them as if to ask what took them so long. Liliana wasn’t in a huge hurry herself. She doubted Naryu was, although it was getting darker and darker still, she unlatched the barn door and opened it for Grace and Naryu. Grace wouldn’t go in, Liliana rolled her eyes and took the horses’ halter. She moved into the barn with the horse walking behind her. She hoped Naryu would follow, but was sure the young wolf’s curiousity would get the better of her… at least that’s what she would think. She still couldn’t believe how big Naryu had gotten, it was as if she sprouted overnight. She moved to the stall that held the cow, she’d brought him in before she exercised Grace.

This is the cow. He’s always out in the pasture during the day, but at night like the other animals we have them put up in here.

She said, she let go of Grace and moved to the stall that held the brown cow. He had long shaggy fur and good size horns sticking out o the sides of his head. He was just plain fat. He wasn’t for eating though. Lili didn’t know what he was used for. He was just around and she did her part in taking care of him.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
Short, short. Sorry!

Nayru nodded and dutifully followed the older woman into the barn. Her eyes swept the stalls and landed on the one that the cow inhabited. He was the same sort of creature as a horse or deer, but certainly this was a species left over from the humans reign. Many of the human’s domestic animals had died out, she knew, and though some had survived they didn’t roam the lands like the deer and elk that Nayru was accustomed to. This one was large and shaggy, she wondered if his ancestors had looked like him, or if they had adapted to life without care. Now that the optime were beginning to dabble in animal husbandry perhaps they would change again. It was a strange idea and Nayru didn’t dwell too deeply on it. Reaching out she touched the cow’s nose, before a harsh snort from the brute caused her to withdraw it.

"Perhaps we should let these two get to sleep. Is there anywhere else in Aniwaya you’d like to show me?" Nayru’s voice was easy and amused at the animal’s temper, but neither did she wish to aggravate him. Moving on would be best, and if they were too see much else they should before night settled fully. A good night’s sleep would be required to make the trek back to Dahlia de Mai, and the black and white girl wished to return early, in case anyone in the house wondered why the fairy child had been absent all day and night.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 445 OOC: Big Grin I so wish I can draw trees to make a good depiction of it :3 <3

Liliana watched as Naryu took a look at the cow, sort of wondering what the young wolf’s thoughts were. At her suggestion Liliana nodded, pulling Grace to her stall she brought the horse inside and closed the door. The whole time she was thinking of where they should go, only when they were headed ut the front of the building did she have an idea.

I think I have a perfect place to show you!

She said suddenly becoming somewhat excited, she wasn’t sure how Naryu would like it, but when she first saw it she couldn’t believe her own eyes. She did want to surprise the young wolf though, so she gave not hint as to where they were going as they passed out near the village. The ceremonial fire was visible from their viewpoint, and the beginnings of the various huts they had around the town hall. Liliana moved away from the village though. It was a walk, but one that they could take and still have daylight, which there wasn’t much of anymore. Liliana could see the sun was already dipped so close to the horizon. Well she’d make sure they would make it on time. Her steps were quick, but they were in no way running.

We should make it before the sun sets.

She said as the returned to the forest, the trees were quite thick here, but she knew where she was going, now that she’d given herself the time to visit the area. He hurried on her way to the spot where she was going, not thinking if Naryu was going to keep up. She seemed to know she was behind her. Lili could see a little of the clearing now as they moved through the thick trees and then they were suddenly in a small grove with long grass. In the middle was a tree, it had long been dead, but that’s not what she wanted to show her friend. It was what was on it that made it so special. She moved to the tree where there were carvings, either very simple or very elaborate, depending on the wolf that carved it, but it was of their spirit guides. Some carvings had been cut from the tree, but the mel pell of it all was just an interesting sight to see. She hoped it was good enough for the pup, the next best thing was the swamp and she wasn’t about to take Naryu there when she wasn’t as surefooted in it herself. She stood waiting for Naryu to say something. She was proud of this tree, even though she’d yet to get her own guide.

<style type="text/css"> .lil b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffcc66; letter-spacing:1px; } .lil .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#FFCC33; padding-top:250px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .lil p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #ff6600} .lil {margin:0 auto; width:377px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... iliana.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#ff6600; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]
[html]

Liliana brightened and Nayru caught hold of her excitement. Where ever the woman wanted to take Nayru, she was pleased to have thought of it and Nayru was curious as to what would invoke such a reaction in the Aniwaya resident. There were far too numerous places in Dahlia de Mai that Nayru loved, she imagined that the residents of the other packs felt the same way about their own lands and the two toned girl was glad that Liliana was willing to share such a site with her. Keeping up with the woman was easy, and Nayru allowed her eyes to wander as their feet quickly covered ground. In the distance Nayru could see the light of the fire and the shapes of the huts. Did they have a fire every night? Dahlia de Mai had fires at times, but they were smaller and private, or those that she had known about at least. Still, the flickering of the light was beautiful up until the moment the light faded from her sight.

The two entered the clearing and right away Nayru saw that there was something different about the tree. Her already skilled eyes only took a moment to take in the strange carving on the dead wood. Instinctively Nayru knew this was what Liliana wished to show her, and to acknowledge this Nayru approached the tree slowly and with respect. Reaching out her finger traced one of the carvings and she looked back to Liliana, smiling. "It’s very interesting. Some of these are very beautiful." Some of the carvings were crude but many were very detailed, evidence that the carver had put great thought and care into his or her creation. "What is it for?" Surely it was not just a collective piece of art? Nayru knew some created items for purely aesthetic reasons, but more often there was a deeper meaning behind the item. Nayru thought of her own anklet that fit perfectly around her lower limb. The garnet and rubies were beautiful, and Bris’s skills were evident in the fine crafting, but it was simple enough that it did not draw attention to its’ self. More importantly, it was a symbol between Bris and Nayru, and with something like foresight, Nayru knew that the tree before was not merely for artistic expression.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 413 (2 Points) OOC:!!! Big Grin

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Liliana was very glad that she brough Naryu here now. She seemed so enthralled by the carvings, especially the ones that were very well done. They attracted Liliana too. She knew she was no artist but once she got her own spirit guide she would do her best to make it look good. She hoped she didn’t get anything too hard to draw, but she knew the creature that chose her wouldn’t be for that..

These are the animal spirit guides of the tribe. Each tribe member gets a spirit guide and when they get one they carve what they have on the tree. When the tribe member dies or something happens that the spirit guide has to leave, the guide is carved out and burned. To send it to the spirit world.

She explained. She had learned that from numerous members she met, making sure she could remember it, it wasn’t that hard thought, but each explaination had been slightly different. She wished she already had her spirit guide, she was still wondering if she had to do something special. She’d been told she would be greeted by her spirit guide just as all the pack members have been. She moved to the carving of a large cat, it was Nayati’s she knew only his, she hadn’t met any of the other spirit guides. She really did wish she could show Naryu what one looked like, because they could show themselves to anyone they chose but it didn’t work if you didn’t have one.

I saw this one with my own eyes, it’s Nayati’s spirit guide, a puma, it is so hard to explain what they look like. You’d have to see one for yourself.

She said. She looked around and knew one of the bigger bird ones’ was Dawali’s she’d only learned that because she’d been told when she inquired about who had what.

I think this one is our leader’s, I know he has a bird. I just was never here to see anyone carve these really.

she said, the sun was nearly down now, she sighed, but turned to Naryu this time, a smile on her face. There was one more thing she knew Naryu would like to see. She’d be staying the night there too and Lili was sure she wanted to rest after a long walk to AniWaya

How about we head back to the village? That way we can get you settled for the night.

<style type="text/css">
.race-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#402a19; letter-spacing:1px; }
.race-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.race-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.race-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:356px; background-color:#86cde9; background-image:url(http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/2706/souls34.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 210px 0px; font-family: cambria, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#4b2f6a; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
End this soon? Man we go fast XD. 332

Crimson eyes turned to the hybrid woman, not showing the curiosity or doubt that lurked beneath. Spirit guides? The idea did not seem impossible to Nayru, but to have the whole pack so connected to the other world seemed strange. Those in Dahlia de Mai had their own private beliefs, their own ghosts even, but they did not talk of them. Did not share them. Nayru had never told anyone about the dream lady that came and visited her at times, although she had been absent for a long while now. Again she looked over the tree, touching the puma as Liliana explained who it was and who it was attached to. Yet Liliana had not found her’s? Her eyes darted to a burned out spot and her fingers gently felt the indent left there. That they removed the art of their dead seemed strange too, but then her explanation made sense. To hold onto the past was perhaps a mistake, better to burn or carve it out and let all go on as they should.

As Liliana’s words turned away from the tree, the fairy child turned from her, a gentle smile on her face. "Yes, let’s go back to the village." Weariness was beginning to overtake her and she wished to see where the Aniwayains lived before she left in the morning. Part of her wanted to be close to the fire she had seen early, sit there and contemplate, although she was not sure if this was allowed. Well, she would if it was permissible, she wouldn’t if they didn’t allowed strangers so close. Either way, Nayru felt that the trip had been enriching, certainly time well spent. Aniwaya had a rich culture, there was more to the pack than Nayru had ever imagined and part of her longed for such spirituality in Dahlia de Mai. "Lead the way." Nayru fell in behind Liliana, images on the tree still dancing before her eyes even as they left it behind.

[/html]
[html]

WC:373(2 Points)

the trip back seemed much quicker than it was getting there. She knew it wasn’t far between the tree and the village, but it was as though they went through only a few trees before coming up to the valley the village sat on. She was quietly contemplating her thoughts on her own problems with the spirit guide that she didn’t have. It was an itch at the back of her mind every time she saw something that reminded her that she should have one. But her mind snapped back as she saw the glint of the ceremonial fire.

That’s where most of us live. We either pick or build our own houses. Some live off in a distance and would rather be alone, but most of ups are here.

She said as they moved closer. The fire getting brighter and brighter, but once they got to the edge of the village it was hidden behind the huts but there were small torches that lit the road the two were taking. Liliana led her towards the fire though. The town hall was quite close to it so it was pretty much Liliana’s destination and now that the sun was down there was little to see other than the street before them. They’d made it back just in time too, well Liliana was proud of her night vision but she didn’t care to be out at night for too long. She was a day kind of wolf. There they stopped at the town hall.

my hut is just over there. If you do need anything.

She said pointing to her shabby looking place. It was suppose to look that way she was told, because there was no other way to lay the bark down without making it look rather disheveled, although whoever had made it, had a pattern to it and it’s been working for Liliana for a while now. She moved into the town hall which was pretty much just one big room and found a guest bed fro Naryu.

I’m afraid it’s not much, but it works, I’ve spent a week in here myself, the beds aren’t bad at all.

She smiled, hoping that she would make Naryu comfortable for the night.

<style type="text/css">

</style>
[/html]
[html]
BLAH. You can post once more or just ask for it to be closed. Sorry for shortness luff.

Nayru smiled inwardly as the flickering of the fire in the distance grew into the huge, roaring blaze that seemed centric to Aniwaya’s village of huts. As Nayru had hoped they came quite close and the housing she was offered was very near to the fire. It would be easy to sit up for a while and watch the flames before she turned in for the night. As Liliana explained and pointed and made all the arrangements Nayru stayed silent and simply nodded now and then, soaking in all the information. When the older woman was finished the girl bowed her head low, truly grateful for all the hospitality shown to her. "Thank you Liliana, I am sure I will be quite comfortable." And even if she wasn’t, Nayru could was patience and could wait until her return to Dahlia de Mai for real rest, but she didn’t think she would spend most the night awake. Sitting down on one of the beds, Nayru smiled up at Liliana, a silent indication that she was ready to retire and that the woman was released from her hostess position.

[/html]