Stopping for a brief Respite
[html]

Sorry for the cruddy post. Trying to roleplay while keeping an eye on my two pet rats is a skill I'm working on at the moment, lol.

Boy, the hotel seemed far away today. It rarely took her this long to get there from her home. These thoughts and more passed through the mind of the Dauphine of Cour des Miracles as she slowly strolled towards the Chien Hotel, the essential base of operations for the pack. She had already been walking for awhile when she had decided to pay a visit to the hotel. Being pregnant, however, what was normally a quick trip was now a tiresome, long one. Fortunately, she had someone to talk to as she waddled towards her destination. Ever faithful, Soleil was dutifully keeping pace with his mistress, green eyes focused worriedly on her exhausted expression. Was she alright? She seemed to get tired more and more easily now that her body had gone through those obvious changes. The large, adolescent cat hadn't the foggiest idea what might be wrong with his blind owner, but he knew she definitely wasn't acting normal. So, he kept his guard up, ready to leap to his mistress' defense at any second. She certainly acted like she needed more protection now what with getting so tired so easily now.

Ruri was definitely not acting normal today, but she was bound and determined to make it to the hotel today. Besides, she was now too far from her house to make it back without stopping to rest. So, when she stopped at the hotel, she would stop and take a breather while she was visiting with whoever was there. Perhaps Alaine, or Niro, or maybe Vigilante and Ayita would be there. Ruri didn't know, but she could not wait to announce that she was pregnant. Little could she tell that her appearance did the announcing before she even got the words out of her mouth. No matter, it would likely be a good visit both for her and Soleil. The fluffy kitten always seemed to enjoy going to the hotel. Perhaps there were lots of places to explore or something.

<style type="text/css">
.Ruri002 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fbef95; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Ruri002ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#fbef95; text-align:right;}
.Ruri002 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Ruri002 {margin:0 auto; width:335px; background-color:#030305; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... uri002.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fbef95; padding: 210px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#bdb1c6; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 536 (5 Points) OOC: hopefully things are how I read them, if I got something wrong let me know (shaw’s been getting lots wrong cause she’s sickly lately XD)

Niro was a pitiful piece of wolf. He’d managed to keep the birds alive by asking people to help him feed them, or pull apart the meat that he’d gotten for his own dinner to give to them, but he hadn’t been to the stables since the accident, so he was worried about Tobias, he wondered if it would be wise just to let the bird free, and hope he stays around, all of Niro’s training had gone down the gutter when he was mauled. Stupid animal. He grumbled. His front paw was feeling much better than his back, well sort of, but he still couldn’t walk, and he would rather stay outside. Niro knew Marahute wanted to be out more too because she could fly now. Today was not an exceptional day. He had no company everyone was out doing their chores. He wished he could. He missed his traps his birds, watching them fly, training them. He groaned a wolf groan when he saw something in the distance. It was a form, a wolf form, but it seemed to stop, and rest. Niro picked up his head, held his ears up high, but he couldn’t see who it was from a far like this, he wanted to know who it was badly, and wanted to know if they were ok. He knew it was against Alaines orders, and it hurt like a son of a b… well you now but he had to, he got up on his two good paws and his front one which shot nothing but pain to his brain, but his curiosity really got the better of him, not to mention the worry. Marahute voiced her thoughts to Niro about what he was doing, but he neither understood nor cared about them as he passed through the gates to see the wolf. Soon he got the familiar wiff of a wolf he’d met, and mingled with that scent was his best friend. He knew exactly who it was and wondered if she’d been hurt. He walked as fast as he could, which … wasn’t very fast at all.

Are you alright Ruri?

He asked, then he saw the cat, which he’d yet to meet. Did the cat normally come with her, or was there something absolutely wrong with her. He did see she’d put on some weight and her belly was bulging a little, but the only thing that came to mind was she was just gaining a little weight. He knew little of pregnancy and puppies. Well he knew some stuff about puppies. Amaranth taught him about that. He stood in front of her now, trying not to cry himself from his poor toeless foot, the back one he held up high off the ground he wasn’t even going to try to use it. He’d been told the only thing he should do was crawl if he wanted to move anywhere… well it seemed the need for crawling was past him right now, just until he made sure she was ok. He couldn’t do anything in his wolf form but warn anyone if something really was wrong, but it was better than sitting and waiting for something to happen.

<style type="text/css">
.bloodmoony b {font-weight:bold; color:#CC0000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.bloodmoony i {color:#CC6666; letter-spacing:1px; }
.bloodmoony .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#FFFFFF}
.bloodmoony p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.bloodmoony {margin:0 auto; width:465px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i37.tinypic.com/xsqvn.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 5px 0px 260px 0px; font-family: optima; font-size:12px; color:#FFCCCC; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

No worries

The pointed, orange ears of Ruri's cat heard Niro approaching long before she did, simply because her own huffing and puffing was making it difficult ofr her to focus her normally acute senses. Within seconds he was several strides in front of his mistress, in between this person he had yet to meet and her. However, when the beat up, limping form of a wolf came into view, the fluffy orange kitten found himself relaxing immediately. Even in her current, exhausted state Ruri would not have to worry about defending herself against such an individual if his intensions were hostile. From the looks of him he could barely hold himself up. So, with his tail flicking in satisfaction Soleil returned to his mistress' side as she paused for a brief rest.

Ruri knew she was almost to the hotel, for she recognized the feel of the soil beneath her feet. It was unique to the area around the Chien Hotel. Being so close, she would normally have waited until she was inside to rest, but she just needed a second to catch her breath. With every few passing days her belly swelled more and more, signaling her pups' healthy growth, but also constricting the room her diaphragm had to move, which made breathing hard. She didn't even notice Niro until he spoke. "Oh...hello Niro," she greeted, tilting her blind eyes up to focus in her friend's direction. "I'm alright. I'm just a little tired. With the extra weight I've been putting on it's getting harder to be as active as I'm used to. I never would have guessed being pregnant would be this exhausting," she panted, one hand moving to brace her back and the other cradling her belly. "What about you? You don't sound like you're doing very well yourself. She had detected the somewhat pained tone in his voice, as he had approached. What could have possibly happened over these past few weeks. Had she missed something important?

<style type="text/css">
.ruribkwt01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#b39c9c; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ruribkwt01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#505050; text-align:right;}
.ruribkwt01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.ruribkwt01 {margin:0 auto; width:370px; background-color:#c8c8c8; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ribw01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#505050; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.ruribkwt01-border1 {width:372px; border:1px solid #151a1c; margin:0 auto;}
.ruribkwt01-line1 {width:358px; border-bottom:1px dotted #b4b3b3; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 380 (3 Points) OOC: Wow I can’t believe the last time they saw each other was when Marahute was an egg hahah, anyway darn birds grow up fast Tongue

Niro saw the cat walk up in front of Ruri protectively, but Niro probably looked so pathetic that the cat saw no harm in Niro. In a way it made Niro feel even more pitiful, but he was never going to be any harm to anyone anyway. He listened to her, and looked at her in amazement when she told him about her pregnancy. He almost forgot that she was blind too, but was reminded when she said he didn’t sound right, rather than his look. He bit his lip, he’d answer he just had to find the right one. One that wasn’t alarming to the blind woman.

A hunting accident I’m afraid.

Niro said, trying to sound casual, he couldn’t’ help but take the time to sit down and rest both his aching paws. He hadn’t gone very far at all but he felt drained from the pain he had, he didn’t feel bad for getting up though. He had to make sure that everything was ok. She was, in a way, just tired it seemed. He couldn’t help her with the thought of a pregnancy, he was male, he’d never get that feeling at all. He wasn’t saying he wanted to though, he bet it took everything out of a female, and he envied them for being able to go through such changes.

We are close to the porch if you wished to rest there, I can’t go too far myself, and I really would help you…

He said trailing off, he wished he could help her. He was tall, but he doubted he could support any of her weight even if she leaned on him. He felt bad that the woman who seemed to have a handicap already was now even more so by the pregnancy. He didn’t feel sorry for her though. That was something he couldn’t’ do, because she was a wolf, and he found she had been quite capable of doing many things by herself without any pity to go on her. He’d even heard her soulful voice at the celebration. Marahute was flying overhead, watching Niro and Ruri, her head turning every which way. He knew that like Ruri’s cat Marahute was watching over him. A thing that made Nio quite grateful for.

<style type="text/css">
.bloodmoony .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#FFFFFF}
.bloodmoony {margin:0 auto; width:465px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i37.tinypic.com/xsqvn.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 5px 0px 260px 0px; font-family: optima; font-size:12px; color:#FFCCCC; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

I know, it's weird when you think about it XD. Birds do grow up fast, though.

It had been a long time indeed since Ruri had visited with Niro, and she was both shocked and very worried when he revealed the cause of his discomfort. "Shouldn't you be resting if you're hurt?! Niro, you shouldn't have caused yourself pain just to come check on me," she replied, in both a worried and somewhat scolding tone. She had, by now, caught her breathe and she was now far more concerned with her friend than her own exhaustion. When he indicated the nearby porch of the hotel and his regret that he could not help her, Ruri resumed her worrying, perhaps it was her motherly instinct to be concerned coming out. "Nonsense, Niro, you need to rest. Come on, we'll sit on the porch together, how does that sound? That way we both can get the rest we need," she replied, her scolding, motherly tone turning back to her normal warm and friendly tone as she spoke. Milky blue gaze turned towards her cat, whose tail had just brushed her leg, "Come on Soleil, I'll introduce you when we get to the porch." She spoke to her cat, essentially because he was getting impatient. Though he would wait on his mistress silently, she could tell when the adolescent cat was getting antsy. He wanted to get to their destination and explore like he always did. With her encouragement, the green eyed kitten did just what he was told and followed his mistress and the other, wounded, wolf to the nearby building.

Upon reaching the porch Ruri climbed the steps slowly before settling herself down on the porch itself, her plumed tail swishing back and forth contentedly as she gave her feet a much needed rest. Soleil moved up and laid down right next to her, figuring he would beg for some petting before sauntering off to explore the hotel. Ruri listened as Niro took his time, which she expected of course, making sure he did not injure himself further climbing the steps. She did not know the extent of his injuries, but it must have been bad to confine him to lupus form. She would not press him at the moment, but eventually she would want to learn what happened. As the Dauphine it was her job to try and keep tabs on her pack mates and what was going on in their lives.

<style type="text/css">
.ruribkwt01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#505050; text-align:right;}
.ruribkwt01 {margin:0 auto; width:370px; background-color:#c8c8c8; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ribw01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#505050; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.ruribkwt01-line1 {width:358px; border-bottom:1px dotted #b4b3b3; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 358 (3 Points) OOC:I know!! It’s amazing Big Grin WotD: Kith (Acquaintances, friends, neighbors, or the like; persons living in the same general locality and forming a more or less cohesive group. )

He felt like a little puppy again being scolded, she was taller than him now too, so it felt all the same as when he was a pup and did something bad. He almost felt like one now, not being able to do anything he wanted to do. He tucked his tail,

I didn’t know what was wrong, I wanted to make sure you were ok.

He said sheepishly, feeling a little ashamed, but he knew that if he hadn’t gone to her he’d feel even more guilty if something was seriously wrong with her. He didn’t answer but followed her, hobbled his way to the porch in which Ruri had gotten there first. It had been difficult to master the stairs but he was now laying on he porch giving his sore foot a break. His hind leg had not touched the dirt once, so he wasn’t so worried about that. He looked at the cat who was now sitting by Ruri.

This is your cat?

He asked when he finally got his own breath back from the short walk and his kith was settled down. It had been quite taxing on him, but he wasn’t going to let her know that, he didn’t want to feel like a puppy again. Marahute settled herself near Niro. She’d met her first cat not too long ago, but she kept her sharp eye on this one. Niro wished he could pet Marahute to tell her that the cat should be ok but he wasn’t so sure himself. This one no doubt was a cat that could only speak the lesser speech. So he couldn’t vouch for the young cat at all. It was rather nerve-wracking to know a cat who had the ability to speak the higher speech, which from what he knew, was a difficult task for such animals, and here he was in front of the same kind of animal, who was just sitting there as quiet as could be. He doubted this one could so much as utter hi. It was just so strange. The world was becoming less conformed than he thought it was.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc goodnesssss

At Niro's response, the merle and ivory female felt her face flush red in mild embarrassment. She had just scolded a fully grown wolf, and worse one of her friends, for doing something nice. Albeit, the act was potentially harmful to him, but his intentions had been good. "I-I'm sorry, Niro. I didn't mean to talk to you like that. I just, worry about people, especially my friends, when they put themselves in harms way to look after me. That's why I try to do as much on my own as I can, so people don't have to be there to watch over me all the time. I wasn't mad at you. In fact, I really appreciate it. Please forgive me." She really had no idea why her tone had changed so quickly when Niro had told her of his injury. It wasn't like her to be so abrupt in scolding people. She usually took the soft, gentle approach to everything. Of course, the natural explanation to her actions was her pregnancy, sending her hormone levels skyrocketing and giving her mood swings. Fortunately, Ruri's mood swings were not severe as with some cases of pregnancy, but she noticed them all the same.

Her delicate hand reached to stroke her kitten on his back as his fluffy form leaned against her. Soleil immediately expressed his gratitude and approval with his usual, deep, rumbling purr. He loved it when his mistress stroked him. He could just relax and enjoy it, knowing that she was safe. He even found himself closing his bright green orbs, completely absorbed in Ruri's relaxing touch. However, scarcely a few seconds passed before a strange sound snapped him to attention. The sound of wings, great big wings reached his tufted ears and he opened his eyes to see a gigantic bird, bigger than him, landing on the porch beside the other wolf, large eyes fixed on him. For the first time in a long time, Soleil's bravery faltered and huddled against Ruri's form, ears folded back a frightened kitten's mew escaping his voice. He couldn't defend against something like that! That bird was huge, at least ten times the size of the sparrows he found himself catching. Perhaps that's what this was about, this was the mother bird come to take her revenge on him for killing all of her small offspring!

Ruri could only gigglee at her large kitten's reaction. The normally fearless Soleil, pressed against her in terror at the sight of the large bird that had just joined their group. "Now, now Soleil, it's okay," she whispered to the kitten comfortingly, her smile betraying the laughter she was holding back as she scooped the kitten up in her arms. Niro's inquiry was an easy one to answer, and after she felt she had sufficiently calmed her flame-colored cat, she turned and smiled at the wounded man. "Yes, this is my cat, Soleil. He acts tough, but as you can see he's a big softy. I don't think he's ever been around such a big bird before. That's probably why he's frightened," she replied, her nightingale's voice ringing with amusement at her brave kitten's change of heart. Fear was nothing to be ashamed of, and she did not wish to make light of it. But to feel a kitten, who would stare down a full grown wolf, quivering in her arms at the sight of one of Niro's trained birds was just too cute not to chuckle at. "So, what's your bird's name, Niro? Oh, and did your egg hatch?! It's been so long since I last visited you, that I almost forgot. Goodness, I've been missing a lot lately," she commented, greatly interested to learn how Niro's 'baby' bird was doing. She would never have guessed that the large bird she had just heard land on the porch had been not but an egg last time she and Niro had met.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC:331 (3 Points)

Niro could hear how sorry she was for scolding him like she did, but he understood why she did it, even if he seemed to have a good reason for only a short time. All was well though, he didn’t break another leg, and she seemed fit as a pregnant wolf. Which didn’t seem so fit after all.

You are ok, I may not know exactly how you feel, but I do understand.

At the sight of the cat’s fright Niro looked to see Marahute staring at her sideways trying to figure the animal out. Niro wished he could give the bird a reassuring pet. That was the most he missed about not having his hands… he couldn’t calm his bird down, or reassure her.

It is ok little one, she’s only a baby herself.

He told Soleil, although he doubted that would calm the cat down any more than it would if his bird was on edge. She wasn’t which surprised her because her last encounter with a cat made her floof out like she was a feathery ball.

This is Marahute, and well she’s the bird that hatched from the egg.

he tried to hide his slight chuckle at the irony of her words. He knew the woman could not see, nor would he still expect her to know that Marahute came out of that egg.

I’ve tried to come visit but every time I was side tracked, my other bird, Tobias has been keeping me on his feet.

He said, hoping she would forgive his lateness in letting her handle the baby bird… well Marahute was no baby anymore, she probably weighed as much as the cat did now. He knew she would gain a few more pounds, but she would be light, but even as light as she was she would still be one of the best killing devices in the sky. Which had amazed Niro just thinking about it, and about how light she’d always been.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc goodnesssss

As Niro forgave her for her earlier rudeness the Dauphine could not help but smile in relief. Being a naturally friendly, and social, person it worried Ruri whenever she accidentally upset one of her friends. This rarely happened, but today something had made her slip and scold Niro for coming to check on her while he was injured. Another, more experienced wolfess would have likely just chalked it up to the raging hormones associated with pregnancy, but with her lack of knowledge on the subject Ruri was baffled by her attitude. However, Niro had forgiven her and it was all water under the bridge now.

Her delicate hand continued to stroke Soleil as he huddled against her side, green eyes fixed on the bird beside the white wolf. The young Maine Coon just could not shake his sudden fear of the large bird. He was supposed to be protecting his mistress, not her protecting him. But that bird was huge and it had claws sharper than his! The other wolf spoke to him in a reassuring tone, which his mistress added to with a gentle squeeze of encouragement. Green gaze broke from the bird and looked up at the milky blue eyes of his blind caretaker, knowing she could not see him but still finding comfort in her gaze. Satisfied that he would indeed be safe, Soleil slowly moved away from Ruri, though he still sat nearby.

Niro introduced his bird as Marahute, which Ruri quickly logged in her memory. That was one of her little recognized gifts, her memory. Rarely if ever did it cross her mind about how much she could remember, whether it be names or the numerous pathways she knew around Cour des Miracles. She was quite skilled at memorizing. The lautari would certainly make it a point to remember Niro's bird's name. After all, she liked it when people remembered Soleil when they came to visit her. When she came to visit Niro again, Marahute would be someone she would ask about. However, she was not quite prepared for what Niro said next. This gigantic bird was from that little egg? Though Ruri could not see Marahute, the bird had sounded gigantic when she had swooped overhead and landed beside Niro. The merle and ivory woman spent enough time in nature to know what most birds sounded like as they flew by and this bird was at least ten times the size of most of the song birds she knew. Her jaw fell slack for a moment as the Takekuro male explained his reasons for not introducing her to Marahute sooner, but Ruri quickly chimed in. "No need to worry about that. I'm just astonished by how quickly she's grown. Her egg wasn't this big," she paused to gesture with her hands, indicating the rough size of the egg as she remembered it from feeling its shell, "when we last met. I had no idea that birds grew so fast! That's amazing! What kind of bird is she?" she inquired, wanting to know more about this surely magnificent creature. She remembered that Niro had told her about a few types of hunting birds, but she wanted to know what Marahute was. Without sight, the name would be relatively meaningless as she would have nothing visual to associate it with. She would remember the bird's sounds, though. That would be Marahute's identity to Ruri.

<style type="text/css">
.ruribkwt02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#b39c9c; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ruribkwt02-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#505050; text-align:right;}
.ruribkwt02 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.ruribkwt02 {margin:0 auto; width:364px; background-color:#c8c8c8; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ribw02.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#505050; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.ruribkwt02-border1 {width:366px; border:1px solid #151a1c; margin:0 auto;}
.ruribkwt02-line1 {width:352px; border-bottom:1px dotted #b4b3b3; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC:384 (3 Points)

Niro really did feel bad for the cat, it wasn’t every day they found a bird bigger than they were, and if they did, they usually didn’t live to tell their children about it. Soleil seemed to shrink away from Marahute and try to blend in with Ruri’s fur. He wanted to make up for the intimidation the bird gave off. But he knew of nothing that he could get up and grab, which made him feel sorry for himself once more. He wanted his legs back, he wanted his hands back, he wanted control of his life again, he felt as though he couldn’t make his own decisions anymore with this body. This form was only to hunt with, he was never meant to live in it. He bit his tongue to get himself back to what was more important though, his company. He could see the surprise written on Ruri’s face, and felt a sense of pride for his bird. Marahute took the liberty of hopping a little closer to Ruri, still keeping her eye on the cat. Niro thought she must have sensed the cat could be trouble, or she just didn’t like them.

Yes, she grew up quite quick, but she’s not done yet, she’s only a fledgling, she may be big now… but she’ll be another few inches bigger within the next few years. And at some point we were quite small as well.

Niro said, looking at Ruri’s belly, which her puppies were more than likely bigger than the egg Marahute came from, but at one point he knew they were smaller, but at birth he knew puppies were pretty small, and they would grow at as much of an astonishing rate as the bird had, only slightly slower, but it didn’t take them two to three years to become adults at least.

She’s a golden Eagle, what’s amazing is, she may have sheer size, but she’s quite light, probably lighter than your cat.

He said, looking at the cat who was keeping a close eye, he wasn’t sure what Soleil would do if Marahute got close enough for Ruri to touch, but he was sure that a fight could be prevented.

Can you whistle.

Niro asked, hoping she’d get to the answer before Marahute got too close.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the delay. Yay for short post failness -_-

Ruri smiled as Niro compared luperci growth to his eagle. It was true, both species did start out very small only to grow quite large in comparison over the course of their lifetimes. Her hand moved to rub her belly, as her thoughts drifted to the two lifeforms within. They would be tiny, delicate things when they were born, but she hoped they would grow to be big and strong, like their dad. Of course, they had to be born first, and that event was still a ways away

Half-folded ears perked as her injured friend told her more about Marahute. She was a golden eagle. The name alone sounded pretty. She must have been a lovely bird. The next bit of information did indeed surprise and amaze her. She was lighter than Soleil? She couldn't help but giggle and turn towards the adolescent cat. If he only knew, he would have been far less afraid of the bird she guessed. Oh well, perhaps it was best that he remained ignorant of that fact. Niro's next question took her off guard a little. After what they'd been talking about, it seemed a little odd to ask her if she knew how to whistle. "Yes, I can whistle. I'm a little out of practice, but I can. Why?" she asked curiously, her head tipped slightly to the side as an added expression of confusion. What did whistling have to do with Marahute? She hadn't the foggiest idea, but he was the expert after all. Perhaps he would tell her.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC:---OOC: we could end this in a lil bit if you want, maybe have a thread where he gets to see the puppies. They are only a day older than his though he doesn’t even know about his lol!

Niro sighed with relief when she answered Marahute was bobbing her head as she slowly crept toward Ruri. A fight would be a bad introduction, but he doubted Marahute would be one to start it, though she was going near the cat’s master, and he was protecting her.

If something happens between the cat and the bird whistle two short times, it is a call that Marahute must flee. I really don’t want anything to happen to either cat or eagle, because she’s coming up to you right now.

as Niro said that a flutter of wings and suddenly Marahute was sitting on Ruri’s legs, she seemed to sense that the blind woman was in a way delicate and did not see the world the way the bird did because her normal landing would have drawn blood, but her claws barely touched the female as she stared intriguingly into the blind womans unseeing eyes.

She does like you let me tell you that much, I do not normally see her come up to just anyway, maybe she knows something.

Niro had known that birds could sense special things going on with wolves or the world around them in general, though they didn’t always have the compassion his bird was sharing now. He felt a bubble of pride rise in his throat.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc goodnesssss

Ruri listened to Niro's instructions, agreeing that a fight between her cat and Niro's eagle would be quite unpleasant indeed. Milky blue eyes wandered as she awaited the eagle's approach. The click-click of her talons on the wood of the porch informed Ruri just how close the bird was before she flapped and landed on her leg, ever so gently. Half-folded ears perked as she heard her almost silent feline rise from his sitting position, ready to rush to his mistress' aid at the first provocation. A delicate, white hand was held out flat towards the kitten, and her face turned towards him, hoping he would see her reassuring smile. "Easy Soleil, you don't have to worry about her," she cooed, wishing to ease her feline companion's anxiety over the large bird. Soleil's posture almost immediately relaxed and he managed to ease himself onto his haunches, though his gleaming green eyes never left the bird. They seemed to speak an unspoken warning to the feathered creature that if she so much as thought of hurting Ruri, he would make her regret it. Though, it was likely only an empty threat.

Satisfied that her cat would leave the large bird alone, Ruri turned her attention back to Marahute who still sat, gently perched on her thigh. While one hand still rested on her belly, the other reached out to touch the eagle. She hadn't ever had the chance to feel a bird like this. This would give her a much clearer picture of just how big an eagle was. Softly, her delicate fingers gently landed on the bird's back, slowly tracing a line down from Marahute's shoulders to the tip of her wing."She's so soft! I don't know why, but I thought a big bird like this would be a bit...I don't know...tougher on the outside, I guess," she exclaimed, her face aglow with excitement. This was, in all likelihood, the first bird Ruri had ever touched. She knew what their feather's felt like, for she had found them before, but she had never, ever, touched a living bird before.

<style type="text/css">
.ruribkwt02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#b39c9c; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ruribkwt02-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#505050; text-align:right;}
.ruribkwt02 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.ruribkwt02 {margin:0 auto; width:364px; background-color:#c8c8c8; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ribw02.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#505050; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.ruribkwt02-border1 {width:366px; border:1px solid #151a1c; margin:0 auto;}
.ruribkwt02-line1 {width:352px; border-bottom:1px dotted #b4b3b3; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: Sorry ti took me so long and it’s so short ; ;

Niro was proud of Marahute, who wasn’t making a fuss, especially when the cat actually stood up, it made him tense though. A fight would not be good, but Ruri was there to save the day as the mother to be put her hand on the cat to reassure him that she was just fine. Marahute ruffled her feathers in pleasure as she was being petted, Niro smiled at Ruri’s comment.

One would think so, but she is built to kill her prey there’s no doubts about that.

He said, glad this whole day was working out minus the injuries, he wished he could do more, but not with his body in the shape it was, there was no way he’d be able to do much.

Her eye sight is so good that she could see a pin from a mile high, at least that’s what I believe, but she can see very well.

He said, he was envious of the birds sight, if he had such an ability it wouldn’t’ be so hard to just spot prey and go after it. Though he didn’t think about Ruri and her being blind, and soon he remembered, he hoped she didn’t take offense to his comment, and him forgetting she, herself was blind.

<style type="text/css">
.sleekniro b {font-weight:bold; color:#AD7E00; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.sleekniro-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#AD7E00; text-align:right; }
.sleekniro p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.sleekniro {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#DBBA72; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... robird.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#3C3226; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]