The birds and the BEES!
[html]

For NayNay!

He could still remember how good the deer leg that his Aunt Bris had brought back for him and Saul had been. After eating Gideon had gnawed on most of the bones until they were gone, but he'd saved one nice long one and had buried it out behind the big house. At the time, the pup had thought that it would be easy to find...but now he was having some difficulties. The dark pup stood out behind the house, nose to the ground, trying to smell the bone out. His nose wasn't too good at this type of stuff yet.

Easily distracted, the hyper whelp followed the flightpath of a butterfly as it drifted past his ear. He could always try and look for that bone later on...or even get his aunt to try and help him locate it. Decision made, the pup turned to follow the insect. The small white butterfly led him around the side of the house, up onto the porch, back down from the porch, and then off into the wooded area. What was it looking for, he wondered. He kept up with it easily enough, large paws padding through the mud and over tree branches and fallen logs.

A patch of flowers came to view as he walked a little farther along, eyes still trained on the speck of white that fluttered ahead. Oooh! That was it. The butterfly came to rest on one of the flowers and he sat nearby to watch. This was a very beautiful part of Dahlia, he noticed. Not as pretty as the garden he had discovered, but still very beautiful.

A buzzing sound caught his attention next and the adolescent turned his head this way and that, trying to locate its source. It was rather loud, now that he was paying more attention to it...and was it coming from above him? He looked up into one of the nearby trees, turquoise eyes curious. There was something up there that was buzzing, that was for sure...as he got closer to the tree it got quite a bit louder. He put his front paws up on the tree's trunk, stretching upward to get a better look at the source.

<style type="text/css">
.jamesxmas b {font-weight:bold; color:#98796e; letter-spacing:1px; }
.jamesxmas-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3c302c; text-align:center;}
.jamesxmas p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.jamesxmas {margin:0 auto; width:338px; background-color:#cbc7b3; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ames02.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 0px 0px 180px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3c302c; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.jamesxmas-border1 {width:340px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]

Trees were her latest conquest. In her optime form they could easily be climbed, hand over foot, pulling herself up. They provided a vantage point superior than to most on the ground and often she could spot the residents of Dahlia de Mai going about their day, never alert to the fact that crimson eyes watched from the treetops. Yet in her lupus form tree climbing was more of a challenge, but one she was determined to master. Pine trees with low branches were easiest, she could leap from one large branch to another. Other trees often required a running start and a shimmy up the trunk, while some proved impossible to climb for a four legged creature.

From one of her newly discovered and conquered trees the girl spotted Gideon, and carefully she found her way to the ground again. It had been a few days since she had talked to the boy, for after much exploration outside of the pack Nayru had retired to her room in the house and hadn’t left it for days, reading and sleeping and being alone. What her younger companion had been doing with himself wasn’t too concerning, Gideon was ever playing and learning, but she missed his face and voice and once on the ground she broke into a full speed running, four feet taking her flying in his direction.

When he was once again in view the charcoal boy was at the base of a tree and Nayru saw at once that he was reaching up for something but it took a moment for her crimson eyes to focus and then even longer for her mind to call forth what the foreign object was. Beehive. Only two and a half months younger than she, at times Nayru felt that Gideon was more of a child than she realized, as she was quickly become an adult and had only a month and some days away from when Conor would place her into the ranks. The words caught in her throat, for always they had been equals, Nayru wasn’t Gideon’s guardian, they were partners, friends, confidants… she had never told him what to do with himself. Yet good sense and a sisterly concern won out and Nayru’s voice was sharp and worried. "Gideon, no! Don’t touch that!"

[/html]
[html]

He is a rather simple pup, I'm afraid Smile He'll grow up soon enough, hehe. :3

Nayru's sharp voice cut through the brush behind him, making him jump. He cowered for a few seconds before realizing who had shouted at him, twisting backward away from the tree to face the other wolf. Why had Nayru shouted at him like that, he wondered. Gideon hadn't been doing anything wrong, or bad...at least he didn't think that he had been. His ears went back for a moment as he thought about this, trying to figure out what he had done. Was there something bad about that thing that was in the tree? Turquoise eyes went back up to the buzzing mass in the tree, then back to his friend.

"H-Hi Nay Nay, whatchoo doin' out here? Why did you tell me not to touch the buzzy thing?" He asked, voice still hesitant. Was she mad at him? His tail drooped slightly, posture melting a little. "You yelled...You's mad at me?" He almost didn't want to ask, afraid that she might indeed be angry with him for something. He wouldn't like Nayru to be mad with him; he only liked to see her smiling and happy. Gideon often tried to do things to make her laugh or smile, little goofy antics, and this seriousness was a change.

<style type="text/css">
.jamesxmas-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3c302c; text-align:center;}
.jamesxmas {margin:0 auto; width:338px; background-color:#cbc7b3; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ames02.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 0px 0px 180px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3c302c; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]
Haha, he’s still cute. Nayru is losing her cute.

Gideon startled at her voice and turned away from the tree. Nayru breathed a sigh of relief at this and slowly padded towards her friend, her heart lurching at his uncertain words, his dropping posture. The girl did not want him, or anyone else, to shrink from her yet perhaps that would be a sad reality with age and rank, and then later with the abilities she was to learn and use in life. When she spoke again there was no sharpness in her voice, only the gentle, soothing tones that were common place when she talked. "No, Gideon, I’m not mad." Her footsteps brought her to him then and to assure him of no hard feelings she buried her nose in the fur along his neck and shoulder, a friendly embrace that she so rarely showed towards anyone despite the warmth she felt for all Dahlians. "I just didn’t want you to touch that." And why should she get to decide what he touched or not?

Breaking off from Gideon she moved closer to the tree, cherry eyes peering up at the humming mass attached to it. "That’s a beehive, where all the bees live. They might sting you if you touch it." And there might be hundreds of them. The thought of so many of the creatures swarming her small friend made her turn away from it, pushing the image from her mind’s eye. "We should go play somewhere else, we don’t want to bother them." Her voice was high and hopeful, it was only a suggestion, she was no longer directing them. Again they were equals, Gideon and her, and Nayru hoped the boy had already forgotten her harsh tone from moments ago.

[/html]
[html]

<33 Dahlia is the perfect place for him, I feel :3

He was very glad that she wasn't upset with him, and his tail set to wagging as soon as he heard her words. He really liked being around Nayru and hanging out with her; he didn't know what he would do if she had said that she was mad. He probably would have apologized and said something silly to make her smile or laugh. She embraced him and he aimed a lick at her ears in return. "Okay"

The explanation was interesting; he'd seen bees before, of course, but these ones looked a little different from the ones he had seen. These ones were a little lighter colored compared to the dark black and yellow ones he had experienced in the past. Were there different kinds of bees like there were different kinds of wolves? Different colors and stuff? Hmm. "That makes sense" He agreed, nodding. "I wouldn't want someone comin' into my home. I was just gonna poke it a little...but that would wake them up, huh" He imagined a big wolf coming up to the house and nosing at it, waking him up. What a funny thought!

The suggestion was taken and easily agreed to. "Where do you wanna go play at? I haven't seen bees like this before--we should go see what kinds of bugs we can find in the garden. Do you think that's a good idea?" He always liked going to the garden with her; there were so many interesting things to do there. They could play on the playground while they were there, too.

<style type="text/css">

</style>
[/html]
[html]
Yesh, DdM <3 Nayru fits in well I think. Awkward speed up to get them to the garden XD 312.

The return of friendly affection eased the girl and she let any anxieties about upsetting Gideon slip away. Easily he agreed to her suggestion and Nayru loved that she never had to argue or disagree with Gideon. Never in their friendship had there been any altercations, and although Nayru couldn’t think of any with Conor or Bris either she did not feel the same camaraderie that she felt for the charcoal boy. Conor and Bris could be guardians, teachers or friends. Gideon was something else, something more and Nayru did not wish to disturb the balance they had found in their friendship.

Laughing delicately at Gideon’s understanding of the bee situation, she nodded. "I wouldn’t want anyone coming to disturb me like that either." With those words she padded away from the tree, crimson eyes meeting turquoise at the boy’s next words. "Yes, let’s go to the garden, it will be quiet and cool there. And I’m sure there are a lot of interesting bugs." Her smile was genuine and fond, for although she often spent her time now practicing reading and writing, or honing skills stalking and lately, holding as stick as a dagger, attacking, she craved the innocent games that Gideon still convinced her to partake in.

Easily she wandered beside the boy, her heart free and light and her mind empty of all the darker thoughts that seemed to pop up now and then or the images of the dream lady that were increasingly coming back to her. Walking along beside her friend she was able to focus on nothing, only the goal of reaching the garden and exploring the land they already both knew so well but loved unconditionally. "Gideon, do you ever remember your dreams?" The question came from nowhere as they neared the garden walls, and curious crimson eyes peered down at the slightly shorter male.
[/html]
[html]

I don't wanna go to work this weekend D:

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

They reached the garden and the younger of the two squeezed through the hole. Would Nayru be able to get through this time? He dug at it a little bit to make it a tiny bit bigger, hoping that she might be able to get through behind him. They'd been a little smaller the last time they had visited the garden, and he had barely fit through that hole.

Gideon looked around, watching all of the butterflies and other insects in their natural habitat. He really liked this place...there were some things that were rather humanistic about it, like the playground, but at the same time, nature was all about. Nature had taken over the playground, vines wrapping around the slide, grass and shrubs covering parts of the area.

Her question made him turn back to her, and he looked at her curiously. Dreams? Of course he remembered his dreams. Wasn't that normal? "I remember all of my dreams. I thought they were real at first..but Aunt Bris told me that they weren't. I always dream about my mother." She had died, he now understood. "Do you remember yours?" He asked.

<style type="text/css">
.fogbo-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#b22222; letter-spacing:1px; }
.fogbo-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.fogbo-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.fogbo-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:353px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w52/ ... nTable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 350px 0px; font-family: cambria, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#6a4648; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
Ah short! Sorry for the wait James!

Nayru wiggled in after the smaller pup, her belly scrapping the ground as she emerged into the enclosed haven. Soon they would have to enlarge the entrance or else she wouldn’t fit through it despite her fragile and fairy like frame. Shaking the dirt from her coat, crimson eyes swept around quickly, and Nayru was pleased to see that the garden was empty except for them and the birds and bees that inhabited it. Surely the adults would dig their own tunnel at some point, but just then it was a tiny little world all to itself, closed off to anyone but Gideon and Nayru.

"Yeah, I remember mine." They were always so clear and vivid, but often times Nayru wanted to forget them. Especially when she didn’t quite understand them. It made sense to dream of one’s mother, why the white woman wouldn’t leave her dreams was strange but Nayru had grown accustomed to her presence at night. Even after she had been gone for months almost her reappearance wasn’t a surprise. "Do you miss your mother much?" Her voice was gentle as she moved about the small garden, content with Gideon’s answer and unwillingly to discuss her own dreams.

[/html]
[html]

No prob! I gotta work this weekend again Dx I miss my weekends off, lol.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

He was glad that it was just him and Nayru that really came into the garden. It was their special place, he felt, and also somewhere that he could go to think if he needed some time to himself. Gideon thought some pretty deep thoughts some days. He was growing older, and some of the things that he thought about had to do with that. He wanted to learn all that he could to be a good packmember...to support the future young ones in the pack like Conor and Bris had supported him when he had come.

Nayru asked him about his mother and he shrugged. "I never got to know her much..just when I was very young. When I see her in the dreams she's always very happy, though. Did you know my father came here and found me? I never met him until then. But..he left again, with my brother and sister." Gideon had told Drey that he wanted to stay here, to stay behind with the rest of the pack. "But this is my family, here. I like it in Dahlia."

<style type="text/css">
.fogbo-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.fogbo-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:353px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w52/ ... nTable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 350px 0px; font-family: cambria, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#6a4648; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
Oy! don’t talk about jobs! School is enough to keep me from souls lately, and oh boy do I need money. If I get a job whatever will be do?!?! 315.

Gideon’s words surprised Nayru but the girl did not show it, keeping only a compassionate face as the boy explained about his mother, and more importantly to the fairy child, his father. His father had been here? He had taken Gideon’s siblings? Why hadn’t Nayru realized how close to losing Gideon she had come? Nayru had noticed the disappearance of the other Stormbringer children, but she had not questioned it. They were important because they were Dahlian, and because they were part of Gideon, but she could live with that loss. Losing the charcoal boy would have been too big of a blow.

"Yes, this is your family." Nayru grinned, happy that he understood, even if no one else did. Others had asked about her parents, her siblings, her life before. Even if she could remember any of it better, she would willingly forget. This was her life, this was her family, and this was all that mattered. Conor, Bris, Gideon and the others. Something thicker than blood tied her to Dahlia and she couldn’t explain it to anyone, but with Gideon she didn’t have to explain. So rarely did she had to explain anything of importance to the boy, he understood her and if he didn’t he always accepted without question her particularities and quirks.

From her standstill then she leaped, breaking the stillness and solemn air with a cheerful yelp. Her cold nose pressed into the boy’s thick coat and she leapt away, her cherry eyes dancing wildly. Too serious they had become, and they had their whole lives ahead of them to be serious. Nayru switched off the seriousness as if it were a switch, her whole body wriggling as her angelic voice sang out. "You’re it Gideon, come get me." And off she sprang, the dirt under her paws flying up as the fairy floated further into the children’s private garden.
[/html]
[html]

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

It hadn't been a hard choice, exactly, but it had been a sad one. He'd had to stand and watch them all go, wanting to be with them...but also wanting to stay behind with everyone else. Gideon had been disconnected from the rest of his family for a month or so after he found Dahlia, and had learned how to make emotional bonds with others who were not inside his family. Those bonds had been the first ones he had ever made, with Nayru, Bris, and Conor...and they stuck more than those made later on with those who he was actually related with. The pup was maturing fast, and realizing more and more. "Yes."

The world seemed to rush before him as the silence broke, Nayru lunging toward him. His eyes widened and he pulled away too late, paws dancing and skittering along the ground for a few steps. She was gone before he realized what was going on. The young male raced after her, breath coming in gasps as he pursued her through the many paths of the garden. She sure was fast! He could see her up ahead, finally, but she was running too quickly for him to be able to catch up.

Realizing this, he quickly devised a plan. Gideon gave a loud cry, falling onto his side and sliding in the dirt. He would receive tiny scrapes and such, but it would be worth it for what he was planning. He gave another yelp from his prone position, trying to catch her attention, then sniffled and began to tear up. Hopefully she would come back around soon.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Her lanky legs carried her, and although she did not move at full speed she was swifter than most and certainly faster than Gideon. Whipping her head back she could see the boy coming up behind her slowly, her shorter legs struggling to keep pace, let alone over run her. Slowing a bit she turned forward again, tongue lolling out of her mouth and heart beating strong. This was really all that life was about, there wasn’t anything better than this.

The yelp made her stop and turn tail, rushing to Gideon’s side faster than she had run away from it. As when he had been nosing about the bees her heart seized in a manner she was unaccustomed to. Fear was a foreign feeling when it came to her own actions, but Gideon’s being was far more precious. The idea that her actions had indirectly caused him any pain churned her stomach. Yet, it was only a tumble… but the boy was crying and Nayru instantly regretted her decision to spur him into a game of chase.

Reaching him Nayru bent down her head, shoving her wet nose into his soft fur. "Gideon? You okay?"

[/html]
[html]

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

He felt very clever for having tricked her into coming back around toward him, and continued his charade of crying and whimpering until she was near enough. As soon as her nose touched his fur he scrambled to his feet, lurching forward to aim a lick at her nearest cheek. "GOT YOU! I got you, NayNay. Real good, too" His tears and sad expression were long gone, replaced with a goofy smile and steadily wagging tail.

"But you aren't mad at me, are ya? I'm not hurt, really! Hehehe" Unsure whether she might be annoyed that he had fooled her into coming back to him, he watched her steadily. His teenaged body was taut with unspent energy as he waited for a response, ready to try and run should she come toward him instead...and ready to try and chase her down should she choose to go the other direction.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

The raven boy sprang to life and affectionately licked her cheek as he burst into laughter and mirth. A twinge of annoyance bit at her, not toward him for the trick but toward herself for being tricked. Yet she let it go easily, her own lips turning up into a smirk. With no one else could she let herself go so fully. Nayru had never acted childishly in front of anyone but Gideon for a long time, it was almost as if she had always been an adult, but with the younger boy she could express the youthfulness that was otherwise suppressed or buried. The more he played and joked the easier it was for her to, so long as it was only between they two.

"I’ll teach you." Like a cat she sprang toward him, barreling her body towards his smaller one. Her intent was to knock him off his feet again, over power him and pin him down. Wrestle. Such a primitive and playful action, it was one of the few times she ever allowed another to touch her for more than a brief instant. As she moved toward him, her mouth snapped towards her large ears, hungry to tug and pull and make him beg forgiveness.
[/html]
[html]
ooc:

Oho, she was going to "teach" him, huh? He laughed as she sprang at him, toppling over onto his back again. Yelps of pain wouldn't stop her this time, as the wolf-who-cried wolf tried to think of other ways to appease her. Her teeth caught his ears lightly and he laughed even more. It didn't hurt too much, just little nips, and the rowdy boy snapped his jaws together in response.

Gideon couldn't stop laughing even as she bit on his ears, finally stopping to breathe and quiet down a bit after a few minutes had passed. His tail wagged back and forth and he looked up at her from his prone position. "You got me back"

[/html]