The Lost Moon
Character Name: Ralla
Character Birthdate: Feb. 16, 2009
What kind of wolf: Grey wolf species, born with a white melanin gene (completely white)
Regular/Luperci: Luperci Ortus
Secondary Contact: Redbeltrr@aol.com
Current Characters: This one
How you found 'Souls: Recommended by the 'Top 50 Wolf RPG' website

Darkest night, palest moon.

She'd been running for what seemed like ages. The land was soft beneath her paws, even though it felt like shards of glass were cutting into the pads. A firefly sky lit her path, and the crescent moon above mirrored her brand like a twin; the black-lined burn on her forehead a constant reminder of the duty she never wanted. She was moon mist--no; she was the moon. Pure, snow white with deep, forest green eyes, the only way to perceive that she was not a streak of light was by the noise that she made. Tooth and claw necklaces clinking together around her neck, breath panting in tandem in the still night air, the moon darted inbetween sparse trees along the plains that she'd been travelling on with impossibly tall legs; a long tail waving in the wind as her eyes stared straight ahead, as if a course were already plotted into the unknown.

'Why did I let those gypsies leave me here?' she questioned herself. 'Go east, they said. Find the wire fence, they said. Any advice on what to do? No.' Taking nothing but her knowledge, the moon had taken the first sea-faring luperci ship from her home far to the south to travel here, to Nova Scotia, with the tales of a gypsy luperci all she had to go by to find what she knew as the AniWaya. A pack like hers, but more shrouded in myserty to her tribe...her former tribe...

And the promise of a new life was too much to pass off. She had come here to find the truth behind her decisions, and with a stubborn heart she moved forward.

But... No matter how far she ran, could she forget what she had left behind? What her family had condemned her for? She only wish she knew. She wished she could see her future as clearly as she could see other's. She wished she could make decisions for her own life as surely as her sister in the sky went about its cycles.

Unwavering...

Without pause for thought...

Without need to justify why it waxed and waned...

Winded from her flight, she stood opposed by a tall wire fence that smelled strongly of wolves and territory markers. 'This is the place.' And even though she was winded and tired from running so far for so long, she knew that coming to this place was the only way to ascertain her resolve and show her her own, true path.

Raising her nose to the sky, she let out a long, haunting howl into the night; singing to a moon that responded in solacing silence.
[html]
Welcome! Smile Gvihita, mentioned, is a large short-toed eagle Smile

Before, he had rarely ventured out at night, but these nights were not like so many others he had experienced. Thoughts haunted them, and he woke besides himself, the dense furs that covered his face wet from something; sweat, or tears? It mattered little, and the red wolf found that he needed to move away from his solitary hut. He moved through the forests like a shadow, russet colors barely distinguishable in the darkness. Only when light broke through the crowns overhead could anyone see that he was not gray or black, but that his colors were like the earth. Only when light broke through the crowns overhead could anyone see the shadow of the mighty bird that followed him so far away above his head, keen eagle eyes always watching for something. What was she looking for? Gvihita's form was a bird of prey, but she did not eat, for she was not merely a bird, but larger than himself and any other wolf or bird on the earth. She had seen something tonight, though, and flew ahead to signal the direction for him. He moved nervously, recent events still fresh in his memory, hurrying along known paths, lanky legs carrying him with ease. Who could it be, at this hour? The beats of the eagle's wings emerged from silence and grew stronger as she descended towards him with a subdued screech, finally settling on his right shoulder, claws biting into his skin and almost piercing it. They were close to whoever it was, and as he approached their borders, a stranger's scent revealed itself to him and grew stronger. Soon, she was in view, and he approached her hurriedly and in silence, tired from lack of sleep and his nerves on edge. Gvihita sat silently and eyed the female coldly, limited by the beak in the face of her form. "Greetings, stranger. I am the chief around here; you can call me Dawali. What is your business?" He studied her, moonlight not interrupted by any trees here in the more open ground, and he saw that she resembled the Aston sisters by quite a lot, particularly Auréle. How strange that his tribe attracted these light-pelted females.

<style type="text/css">
.Dawalit b {font-weight:normal; color:#ea5b06; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.Dawalitooc {text-align:center;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#fff;}
.Dawalit p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Dawalit {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... teepee.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px double #000; padding: 360px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#fff; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
Thank you for replying~ I'm sure I'm gonna have a lot of fun here :3

The pale fingers of dawn stretched brightly forth when Ralla heard the voice from beyond the wire fence. The crescent moon was setting slowly on the horizon, and it was picturesque to see the contrast; on one side of the border the night, the other the day. If this was not a sign from her powers she did not know what was.

"Greetings, Chief Dawali. I am Ralla of the Moon Tribe," she said boldy to the tall luperci before her. In many ways he resembled the luperci of the Moon Tribe--tall, decorated with feathers and beads--but in others, he did not. A force pulled at Ralla's heart, but when she looked to see what made it so, she only saw a haze shift and form around the chief's shoulder. She quirked her head to the side--curious, so sure that something was there...--but dismissed it for the task at hand. The male's gold eyes, however hooded from sleep, were sharp, and Ralla knew that words must be tread on carefully. Despite this, her own eyes became sharper and more narrowed; a habit taught to her by her brother when confronted by a leader or enemy. She herself did not think much of this; in fact, she believed it made her look more...certain. 'It hides your insecurities,' the voice of her brother echoed in her mind. And it pained her to know that little things like that would always follow her...

"I am here to ask admittance to the AniWaya tribe. I know that you do not know me, but I ask for at least a chance to prove my worth." Even with those formal words--the etiquette ingrained into her mind from a young age--Ralla was nervous, and began to sheath and unsheath her claws to sift through the dirt as per her other and most common quirk. With the rising sun, her pelt began to shimmer a little, and she felt even more vulnerable with the lost shadow of night. The fence, tall as it was, was easily jumpable by either party, and it afforded little protection if Ralla's sign-perception was wrong and the chief was not as friendly as he appeared.

'Coward,' her brother's voice echoed in her mind. 'The venom of the snake is the antidote!' And his words stung more than the venom. 'Coward,' he then said with brotherly affection.

'You need to try harder,' her father's voice replaced her brother's. 'The tribe will be depending on you one day, and I will not be there to guide you.' That one thought--that one suggestion that she would be cut off from family and friends and other wolves...forever--terrified Ralla's very being.

"Please...I...I can't go back..." With the confidence in her voice lost, Ralla's ears drooped a little. She needed so desperatly to find a pack where she could make her own path; unhindered by the fate that was named to her since birth. She would embrace her power, but she would not let anyone tell her what to do with it. But with this came that nagging uncertainty; something she, as a Shaman, could not ask the moon or stars for because her own fate was not hers to see, but to make. And going back--branded as a traitor--was something she never would want in her life.

"The place I left behind...is no longer for me."
[html]
By the way, those underscores stretch the board a little, so you might want to not use as many Smile I've sent you a PM, also!

He studied her, as did his companion atop his shoulder, and waited until a reply came, delivered with formalities. He simply looked at her for a moment, somewhat tired and somewhat pleased. She seemed able, confident, and he was glad; some joiners managed to get a place among them by reaching out to his weak heart, and some by their strength. They needed the strength, for winter was approaching. But her confidence faltered and she revealed herself before he had time to reply, and now his curiosity had shifted. Where he had wondered before what her skills could be, he was now more eager to learn of the causes of her... abandonment. His head moved a little to the side and the beads in his mane came together with little clicks and clacks, feathers making soft and swishing sounds in their meeting. "Tell me... why is it, you cannot return?" If she had been cast out, he would need to know, for the safety of the whole tribe. The safety he was responsible for, and that he had failed twice now, recently. He refused to be lulled by the summer moons into believing there were no threats for AniWaya.

<style type="text/css">
.Dawalitooc {text-align:center;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#fff;}
.Dawalit {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... teepee.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px double #000; padding: 360px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#fff; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
The question was one that she had not been expecting, and it shocked Ralla to raise her head and ears to full point. Why could she not return...?

"...I ran away, Chief Dawali," she began. It was a cowardly way to start the explanation, but why try to cover spoiled meat with honey? "This brand on my forehead," and she lowered her lupus-form head to show the crescent moon marked in black, "was given to me during my last days in the Moon Tribe. I was to be their Shaman, and my family and the elders had trained me since birth to do the duty. I can see signs and divine certain things that no one else in the tribe can, and I was told that one day I would use the gift to help lead the tribe. But...during the three-day initiation...I was told that I could never have contact with any other wolf again outside of delivering the messages and words of the moon." Faces of the elders trying to decorate and paint her with the traditional Shaman garb appeared in her memory, as well as the memory of her fervant pleading to her father and brother who only looked sad as they said goodbye. "I...I couldn't bear the thought...The gypsy luperci woman who told me of this place... She and her travelling pack brought me to Nova Scotia, telling me that there was a tribe of wolves much like the Moon Tribe, but without the cruel restriction that was placed on me. Can you understand, Chief Dawali? A lifetime of loneliness with nothing but the moon and stars?" She hoped he could, because the reality of what might've been paced like a circling hunter in the edges of her mind, and she fought to keep it back. The monster of loneliness...

"However many signs I can perceive, I cannot clearly see my future as well as I can other's. It has always been so for the Shamans of the Moon Tribe. But they never questioned the fate named them, and so they didn't have need to guide themselves. I do, and so I came here to define my own destiny." It was a very lengthy speech, and it certainly was filled with noble words, but what mattered was the heart and meaning, not the complexity. And she knew that the fact that she was a runaway probably didn't help her much, but...Ralla was not known to lie, even by omittance.

The tooth and claw necklaces around her neck echoed the chief's hair adornments, and she stood standing submissively while he pondered his verdict. But with her explanation done and nothing but the suspense of waiting heavy in her mind, she had time to contemplate the haze surrounding his shoulder. The light of the rising sun glinted through it and made it sparkle, but it was not completely see-through. Color--shades of brown--could be seen against the pink-blue of the morning. And peircing eyes identical to the chief's bore through Ralla, making it feel as if her very soul were being judged. She could choose to try and use the moon's power to see, but with its slow disappearance behind the horizon, the power to see visions was weaker than signs.
[html]
Note that your wolf's ability cannot be 'true', as in, the ability exists in the cahracter's mind, and not as a reality. In terms of such abilities, we apply the human world to our characters. Of course, your character can believe very strongly that she had abilities, and read signs everywhere that confirms this and so on (Dawali is a healer, and believes very strongly in the power of the chant, and the existence of helpful and malevolent spirits, although it is true only to him, if you get what I mean), but the ability cannot truly exist Smile Does that make sense? It shouldn't really hinder your roleplay, but I thought you should know :3

He remained silent for the time she spoke, and his yellow irises flew to the mark on her forehead when she mentioned it, trained eyes now noticing with ease that it was a fresh mark, and not an old one. In the darkness he had thought it was a marking of the fur, dyes or a tattoo, but he could see it now, in the moonlight. Clearly, this female came from a place very different from AniWaya, but Dawali was not surprised to hear of their brutality. Warriors had sometimes brought war prisoners home to the Great Tribe and put them on display, used them as slaves or working-men and so on, and some of them had markings, too. One of them had been covered in "holy scars" and inflicted wounds on himself at the command of the other prisoners from the same tribe, claiming it was his calling. It was just one of many stories from other tribes, and while the Great Tribe wasn't innocent, either, none of their members were ever forced to harm themselves, or exclude themselves for the rest of their lives. Family was key, and forcing someone to solitude was just plain cruelty. Surely, the other shamans of that tribe had to go mad, in time, with no one to speak to? Dawali nodded at her without words, knowing now that she was unlikely to harm his own tribe, for her reasons to run away were legit. "I see." He paused, instinctively studying the mark they put on her. "What skills did they teach you, in your training? Anything useful to us?" It felt cruel to ask this of someone who had nobody, but winter was approaching, and he needed to know that all his members could do their share for the survival of the tribe.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
I know :3 The 'voice of the moon' that Ralla hears is her knowledge of star charts and lunar cycles. Each are actually very accurate when it comes to the behaviors, pasts, futures, and even minds of some people. When she begins to see Dawali's spirit animal, it is actually a very rare mental ability proven by science that some beings can discern extra collections of energy created by the minds of other beings because of advanced growth within the temporal lobe. Hence she cannot make out what it is, only sense the concentration of energy that Dawali himself believes as his spirit animal. Rest assured, Ralla is no powerhouse >.>

With his words asking her directly for her abilities, Ralla grew hopeful that her admittance to the tribe over the wire fence was nearing, and it made her heart race with the possibility that the end of her journey was near. Of course, it was only to start a new one.

"I was trained in the paths of the moon and stars, the ability to perceive signs, and healing. Although...my healing knowledge is not as good as it should be..." It was true. During her training, Ralla had always fumbled around herbs and remedies. Although she could bind a broken bone, she could not remember the proper medicines to ease the pain. "I was also trained in the songs and stories of our people, and I can be very quick. I'm not very strong, but I can keep pace with a buck deer...!" When she said that, she reared up on her hind legs to present her unusually long legs and slight paws. Her normal enthusiasm--the happiness she had had before she had found out her true fate--was begining to show, but she could not curb her obvious excitement; her eyes became rounder as the formalities began to slip from her mind, even though her demeanor remained submissive.

"I can do anything you want of me save seclude myself," she said. "I will entertain your people with songs and stories or relearn healing as much as need be, and I promise not to be a burden."
[html]
Okay, as long as you're aware of this Smile Also, if it's proven science in humans, these are still wolves; I just used the example of humans to try and separate it from the typical fantasy scenario. Even though the ability is proven science, though, I'm not sure if we allow it, seeing as we generally/universally discourage special abilities that are along those paths. If I were you, I would post in the mentorship forum and ask, and post links or quotes from any scientific work that documents the findings, so that the other mods could have a say on this, because I'm not sure! Smile

When it comes to spirit guides, though, you cannot dictate whether your character sees them or not, I'm afraid. This is up the player of the character, even if your character should have such a special ability Smile If you decide that your character can see it, while the player who plays the spirit guide states that it is not visible, it would be powerplay for your character to be able to see it, regardless of said ability. That being said, Gvihita was originally intended visible in this thread (not really stated explicitly, so that's my fault), though since we've played it as if she's not visible so far, we'll just keep it that way for simplicity's sake Smile

She explained with more confidence now, or so it seemed to Dawali, and he was happy, then, to see that the moment of weakness had been just that: a moment, and not a ruling personality trait. This one seemed quite able, and he smiled at her mention of healing abilities. Being a medic himself, he would always greet another of his profession with a smile, considering it was a great opportunity to learn new things. New healers brought with them new chants and songs, and new knowledge of the body and the herbs that might help it, and he had a burning passion for his chosen path. That was, outside of being the Chief, of course. The red wolf nodded and the ornaments in his mane sang as they brushed past each other. As she completed her presentation (of sorts) of her skills, he finally gave a small smile and spoke quite cheerfully. "Well, then, I suppose you can be quite useful to us. We do have quite the diversity of skills here, so if you would like to develop any of yours further, I'm certain someone can teach you. The reading of the stars, however, I don't think anyone knows, but you could get lucky. And perhaps some of our family members will be interested in learning them, too." He turned with his side to her, lifting his arm casually to point in the direction from which he had approached her. His pose relaxed to the one he would use towards his own members; still fairly dominant, but more of a reminder than a proper display of authority. "The Village is in that direction. I'll be heading back in, if you'd like to join me."

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Related, or to seek out a Mentor.

Of course. From now on, she will not 'see' the guides but rather 'sense' a greater power within the wolf? I suppose that's appropriate; even normal people can often sense forces within others because of attitude or the way they hold themselves. Being highly perceptive then. I hold true to the star charts and lunar cycles though; that is purely knowledge :3 But thank you for the acceptance! Ralla will definatly work hard! Big Grin

Ralla could not believe her ears. With that short conversation, she had been accepted into the AniWaya tribe. She had travelled the salt waters, great expanses of land, and her own resolve to reach her new home, and her new Chief had welcomed her so quickly.

Smiling like a giddy pup, Ralla ran back a few steps and then bound up and over the tall wire fence, her gangly legs barely skimming the top. Her tail was wagging in an excited fashion as she kept shifting from one paw to the other, finally following Chief Dawali as he began to head back. She could not wait to meet her new pack members, and although their acceptance of her nagged in her mind—what were they like? what did they do? will they like me?—she was far too excited to care for the moment.

She was finally home.