A New World
[html]

Skye had been traveling for a while. She was in her Optime form and her faded shirt and pants, just walking away from the place she'd called home for so much of her life. She recalled the facial expression on her mother as she asked her if she could go and explore the surrounding areas, on her own. She was old enough. She was smart enough. Her father had leapt at the idea - he'd always wanted to go, but now, he said, he was too stiff, too old, too unable. Her mother was reluctant to let her leave the small, makeshift cottage, but had eventually agreed, in the end, that Skye was growing up and needed some time on her own to develop and grow independent.

And now she was.

She'd left the house with a small knife she carried loosely in her pocket and her quill, which had been restocked with proper ink before she left. She'd just been walking mostly the entire day and enjoying the feeling of freedom and independence she had experienced the moment she stepped out of the house.

Now, Skye stopped and closed her eyes, breathing the refreshing scent of the sands she'd come across not too long ago. The trees had dispersed, and now there was a vast expanse of cracked, dry dirt and wispy air. As she breathed in, she noticed that something other than the musty earth scents flooded her nose - this time, there were other canines.

Skye snapped her eyes open and looked around for the mysterious source of smell, and immediately froze as soon as her eyes lay on one horrible sight;

Skulls.

Hundreds of wolf skulls were dotting the border of what seemed to be a territory. They were skulls on spikes, just sitting there, their ivory, boned faces curving up in what seemed to be a grotesque smile.

It was horrifying.

Skye had seen ugly things before - she'd seen deer on the side of the forest, slaughtered, with their insides ripped out and trailing away, due to a bear or perhaps another wolf. But she'd never seen the ruthless slaughter of her own kind before - never seen something so horrible before. It was as if whoever lived here wanted to show off the skulls in a sort of warning to ward off anyone. Skye took a step back - could one of those skulls be someone she knew? She didn't know anyone but her mother, her father, and some relatives she'd seen as a small pup. Keychain had been one of them, but they said she joined a pack. Could these ruthless, horrible canines had killed her and put her skull on a spike? Skye closed her eyes and shuddered. Her horror was beyond words.

<style type="text/css">
.beachTable b {font-weight:bold; color:#FFD08B; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.beachTable i {font-style:italic; color:#FFD08B; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.beachooc { font-style:italic; color:#FFD08B; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:center; }
.beachTable p {text-indent:0px; padding:3px 30px; margin:0px;}
.beachTable {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#C19E70; background-image:url(http://i30.tinypic.com/5xth1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #FFD08B; padding: 220px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#3C575A; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
.beachTable-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #3C575A; margin:0 auto; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 326 {3 points}

Life was going fairly well for the young jackel. Although she didn’t have her parents around to tell her want to do, she always had the company of her grandmother if she wanted it. To Sepriah, she felt like she was already an adult, even if was not even a year old yet. Her cave was still its dull self and she needed some more items she could use to liven the place up a bit.

Sepirah decided to sleep in for a bit today, but was woken to the chirping of birds on the nearby tress. She actually stumbled a bit out of her home as she was still a bit tired. With one quick yawn, she was awake and almost ready to go. Perhaps it would be nice to grab a snack first as well as a drink of water. On her way to the nearest water source, she found a few colorful rocks and figured they would be nice to use in her home. She made a mental note of where they were and began to head out to get some water. It wasn’t long before she was there and lapping up some water to satisfy her thirst. On her way back, she took the time to take the colorful stones and arrange them nicely in her cave. They sure did bring some color to the cave and smirked happily.

Now it was time for her to grab a snack. She left her home and began to head towards the borders. As she began to get closer, she noticed that someone was there at the borders. As Sepirah came closer, she noticed it was a cream colored wolf. There sure did seem to be a lot of wolves around the pack lands lately. Of course the thing that caught the wolf’s eye was the line of skulls along the border. She smirked and began to stroll closer. ”Such a lovely site isn’t it?”

<style type="text/css"> .sep b {font-weight:bold; color:#e3c091; letter-spacing:1px; } .sep .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#000000; padding-top:250px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .sep p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #64533f} .sep {margin:0 auto; width:362px; background-color:#ad9c88; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... el/sep.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]
[html]

Yay~

"Such a lovely sight, isn't it?"

Skye jerked her head in the direction of the voice that had spoken so suddenly out of the blue. There, just inside the skull-lined border, was a jackal. She was completely black, save for a red stripe running down her nose and splashing onto the bridge of her snout, and Skye involuntarily took a step back. She knew about pack lands - she wasn't an idiot. As long as she wasn't inside the territory, she wasn't trespassing. And as long as she wasn't trespassing, this jackal couldn't attack her.

Right?

Skye swallowed. Was this a sort of question she was supposed to answer? Or was it a warning, a warning to her to get out of here? She glanced at the canine in a sort of confused defeat. If she thought the sight of skulls, impaled on sharp sticks, was 'lovely', she couldn't be very friendly.

The she-wolf already felt herself yearning for the small cottage she'd called home for so long. She yearned for the safety of four walls, instead of the dangerous, wide wild that was Souls. But most of all, she yearned for her parents, who would know what to do in this situation. They lived in this before. Why couldn't she figure out the answer?

Without thinking, she answered the jackal. "No, not..." She stopped herself. What was she thinking? What kind of idiot was she? "I mean...I don't...I-I..." Great. Just great. She cut herself short before she could say anything to enrage this member of the seemingly vicious pack.

<style type="text/css">
.beachooc { font-style:italic; color:#FFD08B; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:center; }
.beachTable {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#C19E70; background-image:url(http://i30.tinypic.com/5xth1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #FFD08B; padding: 220px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#3C575A; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Yayness! WC: 302 {3 points}

Sepirah could see the look of surprise as the wolf turned into her direction. It was something she always loved to see. The dark princess couldn’t help but give a small chuckle as she noticed the wolf backing away. It was quite obvious that the wolf thought she was going to attack. While the jackal had no intentions of acting the wolf as long as she didn’t pass the line of skulls, she loved to see the fear in wolves’ eyes. This only proved just how powerful some skulls and a smirk can make someone’s spine shiver.

Once Sepirah had made it to the line of skulls, she gave a big yawn and laid down right behind the line of skulls. Sure she was trying to make herself more intimidating, but that was alright. It was fun to scare wolves away from the borders. As her golden orbs looked up to the cream colored she wolf, she noticed she was a bit lost in emotions and thought. She must have been trying to find an answer to her question about the skulls while trying to think about her next move. Should she run away and go home or stick around to have a little conversation with the jackal laying before her? Either way, it would prove to be interesting.

As the she wolf was giving her response, Sepirah rolled onto her back and smirked. She was stuttering and couldn’t seem to just say ‘yes’ or ‘no’. The dark princess rolled back onto her stomach and pawed at a couple of the skulls. ”Heh, no surprise that you wolves don’t like these. They are wolf skulls after all.” Another yawn passed through her lips as she raised herself back up onto her feet. ”So, what’s a wolf like you doing around these parts?”

<style type="text/css"> .sep b {font-weight:bold; color:#e3c091; letter-spacing:1px; } .sep .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#000000; padding-top:250px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .sep p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #64533f} .sep {margin:0 auto; width:362px; background-color:#ad9c88; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... el/sep.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]
[html]

Ack! Sorry for the wait!

”Heh, no surprise that you wolves don’t like these. They are wolf skulls after all. So, what’s a wolf like you doing around these parts?”

The jackal didn't seem threatening, and Skye wasn't sure that pack canines were allowed to attack those that weren't in their territory. To be safe, though, Skye backed up a few steps. She was sure this pack member would find it rude if she didn't answer her question, so she answered it as safely as she could.

"Well, I'm new to the Souls area..." she said, only knowing the name of the large peninsula because of her parents. "I lived up in the mountains, but decided I wanted to explore around. I didn't mean to get too close to the borders," she added quickly, sparing another glance at the skulls looming over her. She wondered who they were. What they were doing before they came here. Were the innocent bystanders, just straying too close to the borders? Or had they attacked the Inferni, and the pack decided to put the skulls there as a warning?

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait Element ^^;. WC: 315 {3 points}

Sepirah was still questioning herself on what to do. She knew Inferni was mainly consisted of coyotes and jackals, but did they really hate wolves? Was that why Inferni insisted on putting up the skulls? Even she didn’t know, but she didn’t find them to be that bad. She guessed that as long as she made it look like she didn’t like them at home then she would be alright. Her golden gaze then moved back to the wolf as he was backing away. She figured he was just being cautious of the territory and the fact that the jackal was in his presence. She was sure that just her gaze was that intimidating. The dark princess moved back a bit to make sure the wolf was a bit more comfortable with her around. She had no intentions of harming him, and didn’t want to give him the impression that Inferni was full of nothing but savages.

Sepirah lowered her rear to the ground and sat tall, her eyes glued on the wolf the whole time. She was using her ears instead of her eyes to hear for any other Inferni members that may have been coming her way. Normally she was not one to deal with wolves at the borders because of her rank, but no one was around so she was sure it would be alright. The dark princess’ ears flicked when the loner stated that he was new to the area. Well that sure explained a lot. No wonder this wolf just wandered along to the Inferni borders. She gave a soft sigh before flicking her tail back and forth. ”It seems there are a lot of new wolves in the area these days. Well, just in the future, I’d keep away from the Inferni borders. I’m not too sure how the others would act if they caught you wandering around here.”

[html]

It's been really great RPing with you! I hope you don't mind if I wrap this up really quickly - Skye and Sepirah could have another thread soon! ^^ I just need to get more threads with Skye acting as a leader, and I have a lot right now.

Skye nodded quickly, afraid of what would happen if she did otherwise. She didn't want to offend the coyote, and terror crept into her heart as she looked left and right, afraid that another member of the seemingly vicious pack would come and get angry at her. Might rip her to shreds, might add her own skull to the hideous display of hundreds of them on spikes.

Then she realized that she was being ridiculous. There was only the scent of the coyote standing there - however, she backed up before nodding again. "Thanks," she said, although for what, she wasn't sure. She was sure, however, that she didn't want to linger here anymore - the coyote's warning was enough. Yes, she would stay away from Inferni. She would stay away indeed.

So she gave another nod and a smile to the canine who'd warned her, and walked away from the borders that marked her first entrance into the world of Souls for a long, long time.

<style>
.skye-z91 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.skye-z91 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.skye-z91 b {color:#C8DCF8; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.skye-z91 {background-color:#7E9BC6; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010j ... yegift.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 175px 0px; border:1px solid #C8DCF8; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#111F33; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.skye-z91-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Ok, I'll have this thread archived. Thanks for the thread! WC: 301 {3 points}

Sepirah didn’t know what she was doing. Were her actions one that Inferni would think poorly of her for? Should she have chased the female away instead of giving her a warning and letting her go? The jackal hoped as long as no one discovered her actions, then she was safe from what the pack would think. The dark princess lowered her head when the wolf thanked her. She wasn’t sure what she did to receive this thanks, but she appreciated it none the less. With those words, she watched the wolf take off away from the Inferni borders and into the unknown.

Sepirah stayed at the borders for a moment to think about what had just happened. Was it possible that she was feeling a soft side for the wolves or perhaps trying to show this wolf that Inferni is not as dangerous as other say they are? Either way, something was changing in the dark princess’ heart. Who could she tell this to? Her grandmother? Would she listen to her being one of the leaders of Inferni? The jackal shook her head and broke from the thought. Until she knew what to do, she was not going to tell anyone about what happened here.

After Sepirah was done covering the borders in the scent of Inferni, she dashed back towards her home. The caves seemed to almost welcome her with open arms as she felt the breeze flow through her fur. She hopped inside her home and curled up in the back, her eyes facing the hard wall. Her eyes closed as her tail curled around her legs. She hoped that she did the right thing and wouldn’t be judged for it. Her mind drifted into sleep as the wind danced into her cave and around the sleeping jackal.