What's ADD?
[html]

WC:308 (3 Points)

Denali had mostly forgot about his old life and seemed to be making his new one here, he’d made so many friends and met some really cool different wolves. Not only that but he felt safer here than he had anywhere else and didn’t want to leave these lands again. He was quite happy chasing frogs or watching slug slime their way up the wall of the mansion. In fact that was what he was doing right now. He’d found it only a few minutes ago and is was barely even far from where Denali had seen it. Slugs were so much like snails it made Denali wonder if they were cousins or something because he knew for a fact that the snails had shells. So slugs couldn’t be snails.

He was in a pretty funny looking position, standing on his two hind legs and his front paws were supporting himself on the side of the wall, and his little tail was going a mile a minute as he watched the slow creature creep its way up the wall. It was a good distracting thing for him. Something that would keep him occupied for at least a few more minutes.

but something else distracted him, it was a lizard. He turned his head to where he saw it and put his paws on the ground. Lizards were so much faster!! He started chasing the one his eye caught, he wouldn’t lose sight of it, he promised himself, but soon enough he was chasing it until it found a hole and he sat down quite unhappy. He’d wait for the little bugger to come out, and THEN he wouldn’t lose sight of it. He didn’t know how long it would take for the lizard to come out though but he was willing to wait all day if he had to.

<style type="text/css">
.denaligift01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#afd518; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #6b856f; }
.denaligift01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#365737; text-align:center;}
.denaligift01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.denaligift01 {margin:0 auto; width:444px; background-color:#97a599; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... gift01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #afd518; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#365737; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.denaligift01-border1 {width:446px; border:1px solid #152216; margin:0 auto;}
.denaligift01-line1 {width:416px; border-bottom:1px dotted #b9be9f; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/9928/lunarut5.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

Woo! He's so cute! ^^ Does Denali have an official-ish mother-figure? :O
Wc: 400~

Needing some time to cool down after her rebellious son's arrival, the fae had simply been too overcome with emotion to see her family for any more time. Relief flew through her veins, the companion of the blood that was pumping much more quickly, but in addition, anger and disgust were also prevalent. The agouti fae was angry at her son, and herself, to make things complicated. Ghita was angry at her tuxedoed son for not informing his parents, who had been nothing but supportive through everything he did, about his little overnight trip.

But, in the end, she was also angry at herself. Angry for not being more supportive, angry for not being someone son could confide in, angry that she was so angry at herself and her son! All in all, she was chasing her tail with wayward emotions that had no start and no end. Sighing heavily, the wolfess, now in Lupus form, took to the land she knew all too well, limping along with her ruined back leg. Ghita simply hated not being crystal clear in what she felt and did - and this, of course was no different.

It only took a few moments for her to stumble across the scent of another young pack member, probably getting into a smaller amount of trouble than her own son. Taking a moment or two to analyze the scent, the fae quickly discovered that it was Denali's, the young pup she hadn't really gotten to know all that well. She'd seen him around the manor once or twice, but that was it. The only reason she knew his name was, with her recent promotion to Major, she'd taken it upon herself to know every pack member's name, and had also stumbled upon Denali's lonely condition.

Although, if the pup was lonely, he certainly didn't look it. Trotting up to the cream-hued male, she intentionally caused some noise to alert her companion to her presence, although he looked to be engrossed in something or other - that Ghita couldn't understand. "Denali?" She called, eager to get his attention. Her brow furrowed slightly with a hint of confusion, spiced with a trace of worry, but mostly appreciative amusement. For the moment, all of her stress about Aro could slink to the back of her mind - and she could simply enjoy her time with Denali. "What're you up to?"

[/html]
[html]

WC: 307 (3 Points) OOC: Hehehe Savina claimed him Tongue)

Denali was as engrossed as Ghita thought. He was trying to make sure his eyes didn’t leave the hole, and he did hear as she came up. But he did little to acknowledge her. He was even quiet for a little while after her question. He knew what he was doing, shouldn’t she? He sighed, but kept his eyes on the hole. The lizard would pop out any second now.

I wanted to catch up to a lizard, he went into the hole. So I gotta wait for it to come back out so I can follow it again!

If one had seen him his first day in Crimson dreams they could tell his words were becoming much more well put and he didn’t mispronunciate his words. It was a big leap for the pup, who was growing up and he didn’t even know it. He just wanted to get a really good look at this lizard. But it wasn’t coming out. He sighed and finally let his eyes off the hole his mind now finally distracted by the female standing up next to him. He didn’t know her. He’d seen here here and there, but he never talked to her, which meant introductions!

I’mm….. wait!!! How did you know my name!?

He asked incredulously. He’d never told her his name so how could she know it? He eyed her suspiciously, was she spying on him? Noooo he could hear most things, but she did hide well in the greys of the grass, her fur seemed perfect for it. So maybe she could have hidden and heard his name. he knew he shouldn’t be upset but he didn’t know her name and it felt almost unfair that she knew something he didn’t, and then that made him wonder how much she really did know about him?

<style type="text/css">
.denaligift01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#afd518; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #6b856f; }
.denaligift01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#365737; text-align:center;}
.denaligift01 {margin:0 auto; width:444px; background-color:#97a599; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... gift01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #afd518; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#365737; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.denaligift01-line1 {width:416px; border-bottom:1px dotted #b9be9f; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/9928/lunarut5.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

D< Nyar! I'll have to settle for being the coolest aunt alive. *dons sunglasses* XP
Wc: 339~

For a moment, the agouti fae wondered if her young friend had heard her question. For the moment, she shifted her weight from paw to paw, letting her ivory-tipped toes dance amidst the grass below. Flicking her pierced ears, she quickly noticed a hare hopping along not too far away from the lupine pair, almost gloating since the huntress was occupied. The young pup wasn't about to be deserted by the fae, and so she stuck behind him, watching the caramel-coloured rabbit hop away with a hint of regret.

Smiling now, even though Denali couldn't see it, her ebony lips had been pulled into a grin, and she moved beside Denali, lowering her body towards the ground besides him. "Do you mind if I wait with you? I like chasing lizards too." Offering him a kind smile when he looked up at her, she lowered herself to the ground with some difficulty, ebony nose pointing towards the opening where she knew the supposed lizard would have to emerge eventually, if it didn't suffer a heart attack from the stress placed on it by the unlikely pair.

Flicking her ears in amusement, she hadn't expected such a fast response to her knowledge of the boy's name, and, secretly, was relieved that he was suspicious of her. If pups were too trusting of strangers, anything could happen to them - good, and bad. "I know your name because I'm Savina's sister - I feel like I have to know everyone's name. Do you want to know mine?" Knowing that Denali might be touchy about his past, Ghita held her tongue, biting gently at the piercings dotting her lower lip. She wasn't about to bring his parents up, unless he directly asked her. It was what she would've wanted for herself, and she sensed a forced maturity in the pup that she wanted to shelter, knowing that when she was just a little bit older than he was now, the same had been forced upon her. "What did the lizard look like?"

[/html]
[html]

OOC: He’s gonna get spoiled

She settled next to Denali, which made no difference to him. He was getting use to playmates now, even if this one was much bigger than him, even though he was normally the bigger of his playmates so it was a nice change. Even though she was in her optime form, which was much different than what he looked like, she still was able to sit next to him on her own belly. His inability to stay on things for as long as an adult seemed to kick in, and he seemed to forget about the lizard and the hole when he found she knew his name.

You’re ‘vina’s sister? You don’t look nothin like her!

He said incredulously, but then neither did any of his friends who had the same mother. Or his sleeping mates. But that was beside the point, he didn’t know she had any siblings, it was just so surprising to him. But his mind was relieved of that thought when she asked what the lizard looked like.

He was grey and he had a really long tail, and he was small, he had like darker spots on him though!

He said excitedly. He was starting to forget about what it really entirely looked like now that it’d been a while since he’d seen it. He hoped what he’d said of it she would be satisfied.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

XD There's nothing wrong with that. Also, I originally had Ghita in Lupus form, but I'll switch her into Optime now. :3
Wc: 278~

Her hind leg caused a slight problem for the fae as she twisted and adjusted her body to Denali's level, eyes trained on the hole where the pup had mentioned the small lizard. Her nose told her that there wasn't much else down there, but it once had been a badger warden, so the fae was on the alert. Flicking her pierced ears as her smaller companion exclaimed his surprise, a happy chuckle sprang from her chest, the fae's white chest rising and falling with the emotion.

"We're quite different in colour, yes, but I'd like to think we're similar other than that. Although I take after my brother more, Ehno." Where Savina's pelt had been a deep, rich ebony, Ghita's had been an unorganized flurry of browns and silvers, mixed with white - a timber wolf to the core. And so was Ehno, although the exact placement of colours was different. For example, Ghita's white underbelly didn't melt into cream as Ehno's did, and the ivory only covered her chest, stomach, and tips of her forefingers. All three siblings had different hued optics, ranging from Savina's emeralds to Ehno's ambers, and finally to her turquoises.

They certainly were quite the family. Turning her focus back to the lizard, a disturbed frown began to cover her face at first, but she quickly hid it, wondering slightly about the pup. Usually the lizards I've come across have always been green or blue, at least... Well, perhaps the boy had found an entirely new species of lizard - and wouldn't that be exciting for the pup to hear! "And you chased him all the way here? That must've been something!"

[/html]
[html]

OOC: the lizard is in fact green ^^

Oh, you have a brov… brof…ugh brother too?

He said, he wanted to try and do better at pronouncing his words but it wasn’t always easy especially with some words. But he knew with practice he’d get it. He felt a little hot after having to repeat his mistake. He wasn’t beating himself up for long, though. He was trying to imagine them all together. Maybe he’d see it, but he could still barely imagine his keeper having any siblings. He wanted her to be like him so bad, why, he didn’t know but that’s how he felt.

Yeah I chased him pretty far!

He said, but his attention was caught back on the hole. He saw movement and his ears perked up, giving him little worry wrinkles. Then out flew the lizard, which scurried up the wall this time, and it started running along the side of the building. Denali forgot the woman next to him, and started barking his excitement and chased after it. He didn’t have to go far because it scurried to the ground and he tried to keep up with it but it disappeared in the grass. He gave a sad face and plopped his rump on the ground.

I losted him

He said, ignoring his want to start talking proper. He sighed sadly, but it was short lived. He looked up at Ghita

But wasn’t it cool?

He said about the lizard, who was now hidden in the grass somewhere far, far away, it was hard to get something like that’s scent too, especially when he didn’t know how to use his nose that well.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Dawwww
Wc: 489~

The fae wasn't immediately aware of Denali's speech problems, but could understand it completely. Ghita had originally thought that the young male was just still learning the English language - it took a while for any pup to grasp it completely, and she thought that this situation was no different. So she made no comment on the mispronunciations, even if it would've helped the boy in the end.

After all, that's what she would've wanted for herself. When Ghita had first come to the country, she barely spoke a word of English - almost nothing that had been taught to her in the fae's youth could be easily remembered. But Ghita had leapt into pack life, and with the aid of her siblings, family, and eventual mate, her English had improved drastically, to the point that she was almost fully fluent just over a year later.

Smiling and nodding, the huntress thought she saw the budding nature of a prime hunter in Denali's nature. As she let her mind wander, and even possibly entertain the idea of teaching another pup how to hunt, she pondered over just what made Denali a candidate for her. Well, he certainly has the stamina if he chased him over here this long, speed can be worked on. And if he's waited so long, it definitely looks like he has patience...- But even as these thoughts rambled through her head, a quick movement from the hole caught her turquoise eye, and before the huntress chose to react, the pup had run off like an arrow, chasing down the lizard.

The only evident problem was that that lizard was certainly not grey. And, of course, his excited puppy-yelps meant that every piece of prey in the area was quickly frightened off, making Ghita's afternoon hunt a rather scarce one. Letting out a soft sigh, she rose to her feet and limped after her small companion, his scent a rather obvious marker. Her brows creased with thought, and a slight frown prevailed on her muzzle, as the agouti mother wondered just what prompted Denali to think that the lizard was grey. Perhaps he didn't know his colours? That was something to ask Kansas and Savina, the teachers of the pack, about, at a later time.

Finally approaching him, she sat beside him again, and quickly turned her worried frown into a disappointed expression, highly exaggerated, to match Denali's upset. "That's too bad, Denali! I'm sure you'll find another one, though, not to worry." Her turquoise optics tracked the movement of the emerald grass as the small reptile ran, her mind already trying to work out an awkward question. "You said the lizard was grey, right? What else is the same colour?" Hopefully, if the male was just confused about his colours, he'd give a response like 'frog' or 'grass', but the mother couldn't know - she could only hope that there wasn't a larger problem underfoot.

[/html]
[html]

ooccgoodnessss

Denali saw that Ghita looked just as disappointed as he was that he wasn’t able to keep up with the lizard, which made him feel bad. He would make her happy somehow, he rather have happy faces than the sad ones he saw when other s were unhappy.

It’s ok, my mommy told me that I just need some practice.

Then instead of thinking of his own mother who actually taught him that, the face of Savina came to his mind, she’d acted so much like his own mommy that he was happy he found her. He looked at Ghita incredulous, didn’t she know everything was grey? Well some things were black and white…

You’re grey, I’m grey, everything’s grey, well Savina isn’t she’s black, and Kansas is white, but almost everything is grey

He said in the tone of an old wise wolf. How could she not know that? He vaguely remembered his old mother trying to teach him about something that dealt with colors and she had gotten frustrated. He just knew only what he saw. He thought everyone saw that way. It was so odd that she had to ask such a thing?

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Forgive me, I completely lost muse at the end. @_@
Wc: 382~

The first thing Denali said back to her now struck a chord of confusion in her body, but it was quickly replaced by one of immense respect. Being the ebony girl's sister, Ghita knew now more than ever that Savina was one to act out to react to a cause, and the young pup sitting beside her was one of the first things Ghita could think of. To hear Denali refer to the pack Leader as 'my mommy' only strengthened Ghita's joy for the pup, and her sister - which made Denali her newest nephew. "And she's definitely right - one day, you'll be a great hunter, I know it." Speaking as the pack's courser, the agouti mother could see traces of a brilliant hunter in her temporary charge, and she spoke without laying on any pretenses for the young boy.

But now the small, nagging feeling that wrapped around her heart only strengthened it's grip, and with a sinking heart she listened to Denali's certainty at the state of the world. She was unable to keep her ears from dipping, starting with the tip and wilting underneath the sinking realization the Denali was colour blind. At least he got Savina and Kansas' colours right, but that meant nothing for the rest of the pack. Turning her turquoise eyes that had been reduced to a stormy grey to the pup, she knew that trying to tell a pup this young - and this stubborn - that what he was seeing was wrong. Ghita, in her own youth, had been told several times that what she was doing was wrong, but had resented that information greatly, deciding to proceed with her mistakes anyways. "I see..."

Desperately seeking anything to take her mind off of this less-than-joyous topic, the huntress rose to a squatting position, her damaged leg causing some difficulty. "Do you want to see if we can find another lizard, Denali?" Although she forced some buoyancy into her tone, Ghita's heart simply wasn't in it - if Savina didn't know of Denali's quirk, the fae thought that she'd have to be the one to inform her sister of it. And that wasn't a piece of news that anyone wanted to hear. Although not tragic, it would certainly be a hinderance in life.

[/html]
[html]

WC:395 (3 Points) OOC: it’s ok Big Grin

He could tell he said something wrong, because she wasn’t smiling anymore, and she was sad, what had he said wrong, what had made her look like this, he wanted to know why, but now he was afraid to ask, maybe there was something really wrong with him and only she knew about it, he wished he could find out, but to do so meant asking about it, and he wasn’t always so giving with a question he wasn’t sure he wanted to know. He’d learned that a long time ago, because he’d asked his… well someone about his food, it had not sat well with him, even though he did still eat it, he’d been much too innocent to learn about how his food was obtained. Now he didn’t care so much, he knew it was a part of life and for him to live there had to be a hunt. He looked at Ghita who tried to change the subject, although she seemed sad still he wagged his tail and smiled, he’d show her that there wasn’t anything wrong with him. He got up and started sniffing the ground. He knew where there was a plethora of lizards but he wanted it to be a surprise. Besides he would scatter them and not know which one to chase. He let his puppy gait lead the way, his short legs, which were shorter than that of his age, only due to his heritage though, did not hinder him at all, in fact it just carried his weight better for him. He couldn’t really catch the scent of much of anything, he had no training, but to pretend to was a part of his training because he could smell things of all shapes and sizes, so he was meandering, then he spotted movement. He crouched down, and moved to what had moved, whatever it was wasn’t moving anymore. Oh there it was! He went and pounced, then found himself face to face with a toad. The thing didn’t move, it seemed stubborn in its own way, and didn’t care that Denali had almost sunk his teeth into it.

Oh… is only a toad…

He said disappointed, but he’d marked the scent that he did really follow as toad… or at least this one, he looked up hoping he wouldn’t find an even more upset Ghita.

<style type="text/css"> .denali b {font-weight:bold; color:#edfbb4; letter-spacing:1px; } .denali .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#000000; padding-top:275px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .denali p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #3b7700} .denali {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#9fbe22; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... denali.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]
[html]

I am so, so, so sorry this took so long and is so crappy! To say I've had a hell of a week would be an understatement. @_@
Wc: 452~

Unintentionally, the agouti fae was only making the situation between Denali and her even worse. Had she not been blinded by her concern for the colour-blind pup, she would've seen that her emotional reactions to every scenario were seen, recorded, and responded to by her young companion. Under normal circumstances, the fae would've recognized this, and would've been on her toes, easily making the situation better before it even became worse.

But this was different. Denali was young, sprightly, and so happy with life in general that for the mother to think that he was missing a world of colour... that really stung at Ghita. It was one thing for an older wolf to be injured later in life, after they had reached their prime, but for Denali this was a life-long curse. Letting out a sigh, her brown-and-grey chest rose and fluffed up before settling again, turning her optics towards Denali once more, attempting a pearly smile.

Had Ghita known that Denali felt as if this was his fault, the mother and aunt wouldn't have wasted a moment in correcting him. Where Ghita could come off as a fae who was indifferent and coarse, her true nature, especially around pups, came out, showcasing her softer side in a glass box on a pedestal. His eagerness once she gave voice to her suggestion only further plagued Ghita with guilt, the fae not allowing herself to wonder how the tiny male would react once discovering his ailment.

Visibly picking herself up and forcing a smile onto her face, the fae limped after her young friend, keeping her footfalls as quiet as possible, once she saw Denali's logic. Beaming a natural smile now, she marveled at his instincts, making a note to tell him of her impression in the near future. But for now, the hunt was approaching - and the wolfess would be loathe to screw it up.

Watching his light-hued pelt dip into a hunting crouch, Ghita instinctively moved around to his left flank, a movement she would've performed if it was a more serious hunt. Heart unable to help leaping with anticipation as he pounced, her ears flicked and her tongue lolled in a grin, already knowing the reality that Denali came face-to-face with now.

"That's okay, Denali! Toads can be just as fun." Moving closer to the amphibian prey, Ghita stopped in front of it before flicking her ivory toes at it, watching as it hopped a few centimetres away. "They always move in a funny way, don't you think?" The creature in question ogled her with wide onyxes, unable to care less about the two wolves speculating over it. "Can you imagine if us Wolves hopped around like that?"

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Clearly understandable, and don’t worry about how long it takes to reply Big Grin I’ll be here Wink

With the finding of the toad, Denali was glad she wasn’t disappointed, of course toads were much more slower than lizards so he could follow one until it went underwater, he was relieved when she spoke, a calm soothing voice that was rather reassuring to him, and his worries about what disappointed her in the first place seemed to melt away. He giggled thinking of Alder and his bunny impression.

Alder showed me how to hop like a bunny, but they hop different than toads.

He said, letting the toad jump a little further away before he took his own hop, which he though was much better than the toads itself. He giggled with pride as he hopped again, following the frog.

It sure does feel funny to hop

He stated, giggling again as he landed and almost landed with his nose in the dirt, but he’d put himself in an awkward way that he wouldn’t. another thing he could be proud of himself for doing!

Do you like chasing lizards? How a bout frrogs?

<style type="text/css">
.denalifall b {font-weight:bold; color:#EE6524; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.denalifall-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.denalifall p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.denalifall {margin:0 auto; width:402px; background-color:#0B0C06; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... lifall.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0B0C06; padding: 220px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#C47924; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

^^ Thanks
Wc: 345~

Listening to the pup's young, lighthearted giggle take over the somewhat-somber tone he'd had before, a sense of relief fell over the mother, reassured that the meeting and adventure could be salvaged after all. Laughing along with him, she added her bell-like tone to the chiming; even if the thought of hopping wasn't as funny to her, Denali's laughter was contagious. Flicking her ears as she heard Alder's name resurface, Ghita smiled, exposing her pearly teeth in appreciation. She was glad to hear that Denali was getting to know his packmates well - especially those around his age.

Alder would've been a good play-mate for Denali - Anu's son wasn't as rough as his siblings, even if he was a considerable amount bigger. The masked pup was growing more every time Ghita saw him - it was obvious that he'd tower over his peers soon enough. His rapid growth reminded her of her own son, Aro's growth pattern he'd obviously gleaned from his father. Anu wasn't particularly tall, but the grey-hued fae hadn't disclosed her children's father to her - so it was likely that their paternity would remain a mystery.

Nodding, she could only imagine how the pups had hopped like rabbits together - to Ghita, a wolf was a wolf, and designed to run in it's own graceful way, starkly different from a rabbit or a toad's hop. But the physicality of the animals could be improvised, she supposed - but was quickly brought out of this thought as she saw her young charge hopping away.

Laughing out loud, she followed the pair at a few wolf lengths behind them, their pace not too fast across the meadow. "I'd say you're a better hopper than he is!" She laughed, catching up to him just after he fell. Relieved to see that he was unhurt, his tongue offered up more questions for her to answer, causing Ghita to tilt her head in thought. "When I was your age, I did - but now I like to chase larger things, like deer or caribou more.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Lol, puppies are fun to play ^^

He beamed at Ghita, happy she liked his hopping, and that she was amused by it because that’s what Denali was aiming for. He was distracted by the toad that, it too was getting away, but what she’d told him made him sit and stare at her, she went after big things!?

WOOOOWW!!! I want to do that too, that would be so fun, you must be rear… err really fast!!

He said, wagging his tail, he now envied her because he’d seen a deer run, he’d even seen in a distant memory his mommy chasing one near where they had denned, it was something he doubted he’d forget and the memory brought back to him was something nice of her, and the pain was little now that he knew she’d not be coming back, at least he had these to remember her. He let go of the memory and wondered why they chased deer.

Is it a game? Why do you do it?

He asked, he knew adults got more serious, well sort of, he knew they were not as playful as he was and that’s how he knew they were more so, because all the pups he’s played with played back with almost as much if not more vigor than he did.

<style type="text/css"> .denali b {font-weight:bold; color:#edfbb4; letter-spacing:1px; } .denali .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#000000; padding-top:275px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .denali p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #3b7700} .denali {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#9fbe22; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... denali.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]
[html]

XD I've never actually tried it.
Wc: 395~

It seemed so odd that a conversation that quickly took a dark turn could so quickly be remedied if only the right words were said. Almost as if a switch had been flipped, Denali and Ghita were getting along as if their near-catastrophe had never happened. And the agouti fae was all the more glad for it. She had easily impressed Denali with her hunting prowess, something that the huntress had never really thought about. Sure, she was good at it, but that was only because she had had to hunt for herself for so long - and her skill set was naturally inclined for hunting. She was stealthy, speedy, and had a good sense of where the vulnerable points on a piece of prey were. Her dusty pelt wasn't the best for blending into the forest and grass, but in late fall, you could barely distinguish her from anything else.

And she had been a quick learner. Unable to help chuckling at Denali's simple awe, she gave him a large smile, thoroughly enjoying his company even when he wasn't complimenting her. "I used to be a lot faster, but speed isn't always everything." It was true - her hind leg slowed her down somewhat, but when hunting in Lupus or Secui form, she could rely on her good hind leg to propel her forward enough to maintain something close to her usual speed.

However, his next question brought the merry mood to a bit of a screeching halt. Denali was still at the age where he was exempt from the hardships of adult life - the need to hunt to survive, to supply the pack with food. Taking a deep breath, the fae tried to weigh her response carefully, to try and spin her words into something Denali wouldn't be upset with. "Crimson Dreams does need to eat... but it is a game to some extent. I like to challenge myself with how quickly I can run after a deer, things like that."

Seeing his excitement, Ghita sensed that informing Denali of his evident prowess might encourage the boy, and give him something to look forward to, and work on, until his skills became more honest. "While I was watching you track the toad, I couldn't help thinking that you could be a great hunter one day, Denali. I can definitely see a lot of potential."

[/html]
[html]

OOC: we may be able to wrap this up pretty soon Big Grin

He listened to her, his attention quite sticking this time, wondering if he could be like that, swift enough to be able to tackle a deer down. He wondered if they would be fun to play with at all. And listened to her explain why she chased them. They had to eat? It seemed to click in him that they ate animals, but it didn’t bother him too much, he remembered many sleeping animals that his old mommy told him would never wake up, but he had never been too bothered by it, it seemed …. So natural. He nodded, trying to look as grown up as he could while keeping his eyes on Ghita, the toad was now long gone from sight.

Her words meant more to him that she could imagine, he loved praise, and this was some of the biggest praise he’d ever heard come out of an adult’s mouth.

Wow!! Thank you! I will be a great hunter like you, I’ll learn everything there is to know!

Hunter, it was a word so foreign yet, it seemed etched in the puppies head as though he should know about it, just like chasing animals and using them as food. He wasn’t bothered by it, blood did not make the puppy squeamish, even though he did feel bad when he hurt others either on purpose or accident. He had a heart, but he was also a wolf and wolves ate meat, as young as he was, he knew that.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Sure thing! Reply if you want, or pm me if you don't want to. XP
Wc: 430~

As a pup herself, Ghita had never had the same amount of cheerful naivete that Denali was showing now. Of course, she was a relatively happy, inquisitive pup with a knack for trouble just the same, but without the support base of two loving parents and a pack, the Italian bastard fae had never cherished that over-enthusiasm until later life. And she hadn't missed it terribly - she still held enough confidence for three wolves without the reassurance that her parents would catch her if she stumbled. But the truth was, she had never thought about missing that fatherly relationship until now.

Puppies were strange creatures, it could seem. One minute they were off chasing frogs and lizards, insisting the world was completely grey, while the next they could stare up at her with all of the wisdom in the world. To Ghita, there was nothing more precious than a child's learning experience as it grew up - every action done to the young life would have a reaction that could carry on into later life. And as a mother, Ghita saw this every day, hoping to instill good values and wisdom into her own children.

Smiling down at Denali now, her heart was warmed when he received her praise so happily. Unable to keep herself from grinning from ear to ear, the tip of her tail began to wag in the contagious joy. "You're very welcome, Denali! I could even show you some pointers on hunting if you wanted, later on. But for now I'm sure that the frogs and lizards have a good right to be scared!" There would be a time for Ghita to start training a new Courser for when she got old and slow. There would be a time for her to retire and quit chasing after the prey that roamed on their territory. But that time was not now - and wouldn't come in the foreseeable future. For Ghita's spirit had been strong through and through, and it would keep her going until her body failed her completely.

The sun was beginning to set in it's slow, melancholy way, clinging to the world as if it didn't want to miss any of the day's activities as it slowly moved into a night-time routine. Realizing she had spent the day chasing lizards and amphibians with her young friend, the fae slowly moved into a stretch, letting the orange and pink light hit her silver-tipped fur gently, causing her piercings to shine. "We should probably head back to the Manor now, Denali. It's almost night time."

[/html]
[html]

ooccgoodnessss

Denali was happy with the praise, and wagged his tail vigorously when she mentioned she could give him pointers for hunting too, which was exactly what the pup needed, even though he thought he was already a good hunter now. He drooped down though when she mentioned going back home, but he sighed sadly and moved to her in a submissive way where instead of running around the fields they’d just been running in, they walked back, Denali wanted to go as slow as he could so that his day would last a bit longer outside, he was happy for the company though and he wanted it to last forever, but as hed’ learned from an early age…. Things don’t last forever.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]