Preparation for the Unknown
[html]

This is dated a few days after 'A Home to Call Our Own'--as the obvious dating dictates -w- However, if anyone replies to my previous posts--which I hope they will!--I will still respond as if they were still in that time. :3 Ralla is not in two places at once; time just passed by >.> Also, if anyone ever gets confused with Ralla's 'ability' (which it is not, she merely states it that way) it is because I enjoy writing in 3rd-person-limited; which means she does not know it's all in her head -w-

Ralla knew that winter was coming soon. She knew that she had to start thinking about where she would live during the snow-cold months when the red oak she currently slept in afforded no protection against the ice. Whilst that problem plagued her mind, she was interrupted by the glowing light of the Great Fire; bright and entrancing in its own right. She had been staring from afar into it, and the crackling of the coals and embers had sounded like music. The snap of sparks had sounded like the snaps of fingers, but a sound that did not belong--one she had never heard before-- strummed lowly in her sensitive eardrums. She could not describe the sounds, but she drew ever closer to the fire that had enticed her more frequently it seemed.

More commonly these days she found herself awake during the afternoon and through the moon's zenith. Maybe THAT'S why I never seem to see much of the pack. Tonight, even though she was so close to the flames, she refrained from reaching out to heat. But she stared hard until her eyes were watering once more.

Pale gold centered within the flames in Ralla's vision, and to her ears the unknown sound grew stronger. And then drums... Drums like the hunting drums from her own tribe. A steady beat that kept the tune to a pack of...of...of what...? Not wolves... But why? And what?

The things began to run down a long path that disappeared over a horizon. The road... New travels, destination, discovery... Do I...? A twig in the fire cracked and crumbled, disturbing and ending the vision. Do I...? Is it me...? A...journey...? She looked skyward to the waning moon and let her eyes wander the distant shadows on it long and hard before nodding once and running to the red oak.

Collecting her basket and filling it with her meager supplies--some berries, nuts, and a blanket she had found abandoned in one of the empty houses in the village--Ralla jumped back down from the tree and raced to the stables. This is foolish... I can't possibly survive for long on this alone... I'll have to hunt. I'll have to... And I will. Ralla's resolve, once steeled, could not be moved. Her faith in her signs and visions was absolute to her, and she needed to get ready as soon as possible.

"Hello?" She knocked fervantly on the door. In her haste, she had forgotten that it was even so late at night, and that not all wolves stayed awake as late as she. But she needed a horse; she didn't know how long this journey might last. Ralla didn't know who exactly ran the stables, but she had seen a wolf-dog taking care of the horses and livestock, although she hadn't had a chance to greet her as of yet. Well, better late than never...

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[Image: RallaP-1.png]
[html]

WC:332 (2 Points) OOC:

Liliana had lain early today, her training was finished and she thought she needed to give herself a short break. What better way than to actually go to sleep early and wake up in the morning refreshed? Her dreams were full of happiness too, she’d been playing the stick game again… she’d already forgotten it, but she remembered what to do at least, and Nayati was in it, teaching her as he had when she first joined in the game, but then smething came crashing and hit her head, then more things, until her consciousness came to and she heard it was a knock and not some squirrel throwing acorns at her. Getting up, groggy and quite grumpy, knowing it was WAY too early for her to get up, she opened the door to be faced with a white figure, she almost thought it was Nayati who came to her door, but the smell was all wrong, she looked at the wolf in front of her who seemed in need of something.

Can I help you?

Her sleepy voice asked, she looked up at the moon, which showed her, it was definitely too early to wake up… another pack member seemed to want to disturb her rest, well she guessed if she could help this one, the other had been howling at the moon like a madman. She seemed in a dire need to do something, or in need of some kind of help, although Liliana knew not of what the wolf wanted, she seemed to be a part of the pack, which meant Lili would help and move herself back into her bed. At least this was a female, she’d know she wouldn’t be flirting with her, she looked back into her room, her spirit guide was there, but didn’t seem disapproved, but then again… they didn’t need any sleep. She looked back out to the wolf in front of her. She’d never really seen her before, maybe she was new?

<style type="text/css">
.liliquills b {font-weight:bold; color:#A79D86; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.liliquills-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right; }
.liliquills p {text-indent:15px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.liliquills {margin:0 auto; width:407px; background-color:#0F0A04; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... lslili.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #EBECE4; padding: 120px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#676052; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

When the door opened, Ralla was greeted by a wolf-hybrid female, confirming her earlier suspicions. She seemed quite tired, and when Ralla realized just how late it was she felt a little foolish. But the vision... If she didn't get going then, winter would set in and it would become too dangerous for her to travel in a new land without knowing about just how bad the winter would be. Come to think of it... Why haven't I done a reading for the weather yet...? No! Concentrate! Horse! Horse! Standing straighter, Ralla tried to appear in control of herself, even as her mind raced to center and organize everything that she was about to do. The basket filled with her meager supplies was clutched tensely in her hands with the blanket tied securely to the top of it with some old rope she had found scavenging the abandoned huts; something that had become a bit of a past-time for her.

"Hello; my name's Ralla. I know this is really sudden, but I need to borrow a horse, please. Tonight!" The way she said it, she did not mean to be rude. By way of softening her words, she laid her ears back and curled her tail under herself to show submission. She, as a new pack member, was at the bottom rung, and the wolfess before her--judging by her abode and Ralla's sightings of her in the stables--was obviously still higher than the white female. "One that can run fast for long distances." And then a particular thought hit her.

"Also...um...Is there anyone to ask specifically if I can leave for a little while...? Maybe a week or so...?" A strange request? Yes. A necessary request? Yes. A presuming request? Yes. And it seemed so backwards to the previous Shaman. She had just arrived at the place that she had dreamt about as her new home, and suddenly the moon was telling her to go on a journey. In fact, this is impossible! I shouldn't be able to see my own destiny in my visions! But maybe the moon's trying to tell me about something else? Then it would be relevent and within the Shamanic ability... In Ralla's head everything was so jumbled that she was sure her composure was slipping in front of the hybrid-wolfess; if she even had the attention span at the moment to notice it.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[html]

OOC: Just so you know Liliana's attitude isn't coming from my own Smile

Liliana wasn’t really ready for any of the things that this wolf said. She groaned trying to take it all in. she just wanted to go back to sleep, but she had committed herself to open the door. At the request she opened the door further to let herself out. If that was all the wolf needed she could just get it over with now, but she was not happy… she wanted to object and have her wake up in the morning, but the urgency in the other’s voice made her keep quiet.

Do you know how to ride?

She asked, not offering her name, just wanting to get things done and over with and she had to ask the necessary questions to choose the horse that would be right for Ralla, although she wouldn’t hand out a horse to an inexperienced wolf. She started heading to the stables

<style>
.lili-d04 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.lili-d04 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.lili-d04 b {color:#132314; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.lili-d04 {background-color:#B9C8BA; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010june/liligift.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 140px 0px; border:1px solid #EBF5FD; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#444D44; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.lili-d04-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

I know :3 But that's what makes rp-ing exciting; all the different personalities~

When the she-wolf crept sleepily further out from behind the door, Ralla's ears perked up and she herself backed up to make room. "A little...," she answered to the wolfess's question. In fact, she had only ridden three times. In the Moon Tribe, the horses were only for the warriors, and Ralla was only brought onto one's back because her father and brother allowed her to witness a neo-pack hunt instead of the traditional, lupus-form one that she was often left home from. The memory of the sole reason why they had allowed her onto their horses' backs--for her enjoyment, because they loved her--stabbed mercilessly at her heart from the fact she had run away from them. Shoving that thought to the back of her mind, Ralla's eyes unconsciously grew narrow and firm in her attempt to appear confident; convincing. She stood slightly taller than the wolfess in front of her only because the length of her limbs, but she knew she was still beneath the hybrid's position. "I mostly need it to carry things; my basket and some bags, if you can spare them." Following the hybrid quickly to the stables, Ralla said this as she glanced at the special bags that resembled the ones back in the Moon Tribe that would drape over the horse's back and be secured with leather.

Moon walks. "Moon talks. Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[html]

Liliana made a mental note, in her head and continued walking, her drowsiness getting the better of her, making her yawn a few times.

Do you use a saddle, or no?

She asked, not sure if one was needed if she was mostly going to carry things on the horse, a horse could only take so much weight, she knew there were saddle bags that she kept clean and oiled in the back,

We have some bags yes, how long do you expect to be gone?

She asked, stifling another yawn. A horse was already forming in her brain, it was a nameless one, all of the unclaimed ones were, they weren’t named unless they were working horses or had an actual caretaker, but one of the geldings, would be good for endurance and he was heavy enough to carry quite a bit of weight, she was sure he would be the one, even though he wasn’t was well trained as Liliana wanted in a horse, but he was better trained than the others, they reached the stables in no time and Liliana opened the door for Ralla. She couldn’t see much even with her night vision so she kept the door open in hopes some light came in, but she knew the place like the back of her hand, but she didn’t move quite yet, she still needed the other wolf’s answers.

<style>
.lili-d04 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.lili-d04 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.lili-d04 b {color:#132314; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.lili-d04 {background-color:#B9C8BA; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010june/liligift.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 140px 0px; border:1px solid #EBF5FD; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#444D44; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.lili-d04-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Note: This takes place after Ralla officially takes on her Gata Hineyu duties.

The stable caretaker held the doors wide open, and Ralla's eyes dilated wide to try and absorb as much light as she could; still, it was not much, and she feared tripping and making a fool of herself. Her heart was still pounding at a hundred miles per hour as she strove to sort her thoughts. "No saddle," she said, trailing off into a whisper as she took in row upon row of the beasts. Large and small horses--all appearing dark in the lack of lighting--lined the walls in their stalls; a few even whickering. I can keep up with a steady pace... I need the horse to be able to pull all the weight it can without mine to add. I'll make the journey count! When the female asked how long she would be gone, it made Ralla pause in all her thoughts.

"A week...? Two at most, surely," she said more to herself than anyone. She didn't even know where to go. The vague vision had been leading east over the horizon; the bright gold had been round...like the rising sun. And so east she would go; to whatever her vision had predicted. But one thing was clear in her mind: "I will return," she said with fervor as she faced the she-wolf, claws digging slightly into the blanket and basket. All of her duties for the day--tool maintanence and firewood delivery--had been completed, and she made a special promise to the moon that when she returned she would scrub the ceremonial stone ground clean with the special 'soaps' she was instructed to use from the fire-tender's supply as offering for her ignorance of her duties for her absence. There was more firewood kept in bulk in the Town Hall and at the base of the tree; she was sure that she could be gone and back before her duties fell too behind. Just a week... Just a week to see what the moon is urging me to see...

Her heart, as rooted as it already felt in her new pack, would always belong to the moon and stars. But like the moon returns to its peak in the night sky, she would return to the place where she felt most at home.

<style type="text/css"> .ral b {font-weight:bold; color:#6e72eb; letter-spacing:1px; } .ral .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#898c99; padding-top:500px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .ral p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #4f52a6} .ral {margin:0 auto; width:374px; background-color:#1f2b55; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... /ralla.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>
Table by Lou!
[/html]

[html]<style type="text/css">#lilianaaugust2{width:430px; margin:auto;background-color:#45472f; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... liana2.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom; border:3px solid #707361;}#lilianaaugust2 b{font-family:arial, tahoma, sans-serif; color:#e0edb7;}#lilianaaugust2 p{color:#25280c; font-family:georgia, 'times new roman', serif; line-height:14px; text-align:justify; margin-top:0px;}#lilianaaugust2 i{float:right; color:#25280c;}</style>

WC:356(2 points)

Liliana only nodded, not caring right now if the wolf could see her, so no saddle just the bags and whatever she had, so the gelding was a good choice then and she motioned for the other to stay, she didn’t want her hurting herself trying to follow Liliana, she knew the place so well but this wolf knew nothing of the stables from what she was taking of the woman. She was a part of the pack and didn’t even have to ask for a horse, but Liliana didn’t argue it was better this way at least she could pick the right horse for the job. Grabbing the bags, she found a blanket as well as a bridle that was good enough for him, and went to his stall. There she coaxed him out into the moonlight where she could realy see what she was doing, which would be a good idea since it wasn’t good for a horse to have a sore mouth on a journey. She fitted the bridle first and then got the bags on the horse, then turned to Ralla.

Do not over tax him, he is a being just like you, he’s strong though and will carry your things easy enough.

She commented sternly, then a small mocking smile, one she wouldn’t normally put on her face in the day time.

I know you will come back because I will not give you a grand of a horse. He has no name as he has no owner, but I call him sugar, because that’s what he likes to eat.

she said, she’d fed some of the horses sugar cane every once in a while, something they grew here, and she doubted anyone will miss a few stalks, but this horse seemed to have a profound love for the plant.

You do not really have to tell anyone you are leaving, I will let Dawali know and he will understand.

She’d tell him in the morning… when she wasn’t so tired, she told herself that a few times, stifling another yawn. She just wanted to get back to her hut now.

[/html]
[html]

After this I only need one more post from you to close the thread off cleanly Big Grin Thank you very much for your hard work and participation! :3

The horse that emerged from the dark stables, to Ralla, was magificant; if not only for the reason he emanated the ability to do what she needed exactly. His muscles were strong and taught beneath the fine layer of hair covering him, and he seemed docile enough for her to handle. On his back the saddlebags were already strapped, and Ralla stepped forth as the she-wolf warned her of his limits.

"I won't. I'll take good care of him," she said with conviction. And then the wolfess smiled a curling grin; pleasant and uplifting to hide what Ralla was now sure was fatigue. She returned a twin expression back to the she-wolf as she turned to the horse and reached out a gentle paw to see if he would nose it. "Sugar, huh?" The gelding stepped forth tentatively and pushed his nose once under Ralla's paw, making her smile. Stepping to his side and securing her things into the saddlebags, Ralla gently relieved the reigns from the she-wolf's hands while bowing her head deep in thanks for the wolfess's offer to inform Chief Dawali. She was regretful that she didn't have time to do so herself, but--again--she promised herself that she would make up for it. Lengthening the lead from over the horse's head to allow room between them so that Ralla could run in lupus or optime form while keeping the reigns in her mouth or paws, Ralla began to walk towards the east, away from the setting moon.

Before she get far, Ralla realized she had forgotten a very crucial, important detail that she now mentally scolded herself for overlooking. Turning back to the wolf one last time--her paws itching to run towards whatever waited for her--she asked her final question: "What is your name...?"

Moon walks. "Moon talks. Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css"> .ral b {font-weight:bold; color:#6e72eb; letter-spacing:1px; } .ral .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#898c99; padding-top:500px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .ral p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #4f52a6} .ral {margin:0 auto; width:374px; background-color:#1f2b55; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... /ralla.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>
Table by Lou!
[/html]

[html]<style type="text/css">#lilianaaugust2{width:430px; margin:auto;background-color:#45472f; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... liana2.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom; border:3px solid #707361;}#lilianaaugust2 b{font-family:arial, tahoma, sans-serif; color:#e0edb7;}#lilianaaugust2 p{color:#25280c; font-family:georgia, 'times new roman', serif; line-height:14px; text-align:justify; margin-top:0px;}#lilianaaugust2 i{float:right; color:#25280c;}</style>

OOC: sorry this took so long, had a hell of a week

Liliana was glad to hear that
he female would bring the horse back safely, and she figured it was a good time to part ways, but she did watch the white wolf start packing and was satisfied she would take care of the horse. She was about to turn around when the Ralla asked her name, Liliana smiled apologetically and before she moved any further stated.

My name is Liliana, Now I must really get back to bed, my mornings start quite early.

She said, which they did of course, she probably might accidently sleep in just from the broken sleep she’d just gotten and before the other wolf could say much more she waved a farewell and headed back to her hut.

[/html]
[html]

Nah, I understand hell-weeks >.> Can't wait till the weekends just so I can not go to school and maybe sleep in >.> Thanks for your participation and patience! Big Grin This is a very short post, but it's also the last, cuz I like my stories to have closure Tongue

"Liliana," Ralla whispered as the wolfess waved goodbye. Smiling, Ralla tightened her grip on Sugar's reigns and began to run, taking with her the horse. She knew not exactly waited for her outside of her new home, but she could guarantee herself it would all be adventurous and exciting. When she returned, she would repay the kindnesses shown her, and the wind whistled by her ears in the still night:

On the road again, with a home again; a destination, a path, no regrets left behind;

Like a shooting star.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]