Playing the tune
[html]

WC:305 OOC: :3 yaaay first Shaw post

The first thing noticeable about Shawchert was the sounds coming from his direction, the sounds that came to the ears of any who was near him was irresistible. His mouth was to a fairly well crafted flute that he was playing proficiently as he walked. Ever since he had been kicked from his pack he decided to live life to its fullest. That meant doing what he liked best, and the reminder of the only one who cared about him was what made him happy. The other thing that was noticeable about Shawchert was his sheer size. He was not bulky or fat, but very tall, he was well built from living on his own, training with the sword his mother had given him. The third and strangest was the markings, he had dyed his natural color of a dark crimson to a maroon color. He was playing a soft slow tune as he moved from grass to sand. He noticed, stopping his onward march, seeing himself by a shore, and what a sight it was, he liked this. He’s been to beaches before, and some more beautiful than others, even this one, but he tried to appreciate everything. There was its own beauty you couldn’t find anywhere. He switched his tail and sat down. And played his flute a little, the echo from the lack of vegetation and the open seas. He liked the sound it made, and he kept playing. He was liking it here, he’d seen few of the territories right now, but something seemed to hold him here rather than move back out of the large peninsula area. The variety of areas that this place held was amazing. He didn’t think he could find any place like it and thought someday soon he might have a home of his own.

[/html]
[html]

Skye had been traveling in what seemed like circles for days. First the encounter at Inferni, then the bear and the other wolf. But she couldn't shake the feeling that this whole area of Souls was one enormous loop, a glitch in the system. She grew angry with herself for thinking that she could have survived on her own. Her fur was pressed against her stomach, which was almost pitifully thin. Her faded pink t-shirt and blue pants covered her thinness, however, and her face was well-groomed enough. Long, silky, auburn hair blazed in the sun on top of her head, and it waved down nicely.

She had been walking along a beautiful beach, the waves lapping against the shore. She relaxed, letting her stride lead her to wherever she was going - if she was going anywhere, that was. She just decided to leave her fate in the hands of a higher power, whoever that was, and just not have a plan anymore. She had lost hopes of being in a pack - none of them fit her. Inferni was too terrifying, and didn't accept wolves anyway. The rest were very strict, and seemed to exist for no reason other than for the sake of having a pack.

Suddenly, a sound reached her ears. She paused, her large, cupped ears twitching. It was the sound of...music. Something she hadn't heard in a very long time. Excited, she listened a little more.

It was beautiful.

The song coming from whatever this was was an enticing mixture of a soft, pleasant voice and the wind whistling in the forest. It reminded her of spring, of her family. Of home.

She loved it.

She had to find the source of this song, whatever it was. She looked around for a second or two, sure the source couldn't be too far away. She sniffed once - that was right. There was a wolf here. Was he or she the source of the wondrous sound that seemed to love her and taunt her at the same time?

Then she saw him. It was a wolf, sitting on the beach, a small flute of a sort in his hands. His fur was a deep red - maroon? - with darker markings on his paws and back. He seemed very tall - taller than her. The height intimidated her for a second, but she still wanted to know people from the Souls area, and she couldn't if she was afraid. Before she approached, however, she just watched him from a distance for a while - the music floated to her ears like cotton balls on the breeze. Beautiful.

<style type="text/css">
.beachTable b {font-weight:bold; color:#FFD08B; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.beachTable i {font-style:italic; color:#FFD08B; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.beachooc { font-style:italic; color:#FFD08B; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:center; }
.beachTable p {text-indent:0px; padding:3px 30px; margin:0px;}
.beachTable {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#C19E70; background-image:url(http://i30.tinypic.com/5xth1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #FFD08B; padding: 220px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#3C575A; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
.beachTable-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #3C575A; margin:0 auto; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

<3

Shawchert continued playing, even after he felt a new presence. He loved an audience, and he continued until the song he’d played was finished, then he gracefully put the flute in his lap and looked at the new comer. He smiled widely, seen a very pretty young creature standing near him. It seemed his music had entranced a young woman to come listen. She looked like she was just beginning to learn the ways of the world, about the age he’d been kicked out of his own pack.

Good day you you ma’am, I hope the song was to your liking.

He smiled her way, he did care about what others thought of his music, how would one get better if he didn’t know if it was good to others as well as himself? He pulled his body up off the sand, and moved to the young wolf, but still kept the necessary distance. He bowed a little to her.

My name is Shawchert, who might I be in the presence of on this fine, beautiful beach?

He asked, his eyes sparkling with the enjoyment of a new adventure. She seemed lost in his tune, something he wasn’t use to, he knew he was good, maybe wolves around here didn’t hear much of music these days? Well that would have to change wouldn’t it?

[/html]
[html]

: D

Skye listened until the end of the song, and almost wished for more. But no - that was how he ended it, and it was the perfect place to finish and start something new. Suddenly, however, he turned to her - he had known she was here? She really needed to hone her skills in hearing and scenting - being sheltered all her life from the more wolf-ish aspects of her nature wasn't helping her in the area of Souls.

"Good day to you, ma’am. I hope the song was to your liking." Skye smiled as the wolf drew himself to his full height - a good two and a half feet or so taller than Skye - and moved towards her, still having a pleasing smile on his face. He gave a little bow.

"My name is Shawchert, who might I be in the presence of on this fine, beautiful beach?"

Skye smiled back. This wolf seemed genuinely nice - and the fact that he could play his flute so well was a good aspect in Skye's eyes. Although she had met other nice people in Souls, she hadn't met many that could create - create music, stories, songs. Things that she was raised to create. She was glad to see there was at least one wolf who did.

"Your song was beautiful, Mr. Shawchert," she said, deciding to keep formalities until they knew each other better. "I haven't heard much music since I've been here," she continued, "and that song was the most beautiful I've ever heard." She paused for a second, then continued. "I'm Skye."

<style type="text/css">
.beachooc { font-style:italic; color:#FFD08B; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:center; }
.beachTable {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#C19E70; background-image:url(http://i30.tinypic.com/5xth1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #FFD08B; padding: 220px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#3C575A; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC:

He was genuinely happy that she did enjoy his song, although he couldn’t help but laugh at her formality, he shook his head as he spoke

Please, you do not need the Mr. Just Shawchert, or even Shaw if you wish.

He had to raise his eyebrows, surely his song was not the best of some of the others’ in this area? Maybe she hadn’t heard enough to know? He bet there were plenty of musicians around, ones that were better than him. He was proud of his prowess at the flute, but he was not vain about it.

You may not have heard too many songs I suppose, but do not worry, you will hear much more beautiful ones and them not performed by me.

He said, as she gave her name he nodded, happy to learn it, as well as a very uncommon one.

It is a pleasure to meet you, do you play any music at all?

He asked calmly and quite curiously, he knew of different musics, but as it had been pretty rare for those who enjoyed it to be together, he rarely heard it, it made his heart hurt to think that such good music couldn’t be heard just by anyone.

[/html]
[html]

It is a pleasure to meet you, do you play any music at all? the strangely but beautifully colored wolf asked Skye. Skye didn't play any music, nor had she heard any like that before - it was a sad thing, she thought. A sad thing indeed. "Sadly, no," she said. "I don't play music. And the only other music I've heard is from the birds, and...well, they don't really have songs - just patterns in their twittering." Skye didn't want to seem uncreative, however - after all, that beautiful song was of Shaw's creation. She had creations, too. "I love to write, however," she said. "I love making stories borne from my mind. It's like breathing life into another universe you're just now discovering." She took out her quill and fiddled with it; the makeshift ink swished around inside.

"I haven't met too many wolves, but from the packs I've seen here, none are really interested in creating. Just hunting, and fighting, and...things," she finished lamely, remembering the line of skulls on the Inferni border. That wasn't art, not in the least. In fact, she hadn't really seen any other wolves making art at all - other than this wolf, this wolf with his beautiful songs. And her. She was sure they existed - couldn't they? Couldn't there be a pack just for the makers and seekers of art? She stared off into the distance, thinking. She believed this world was beautiful - and with the addition of art and the ones who made it, it could be even more beautiful. A world of creation. Wasn't there anyone else who thought that?

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

He was not in any way disappointed in the fact the white wolf could not perform music, because it was not for all wolves though she wanted to prove that she did have some sort of talent, and she proved to make him quite interested.

writing is a lovely thing. It lasts most of the tests of times, the humans have proved that, there are some that are so old that are enclosed in special things that make them last, you have a very great talent.

He said and listened as she remarked that she’d met few wolves that really did use the arts. He bit his lip thinking, her mention of other packs not caring for such a thing was astounding, well he doubted it was like that but to not have the arts is to not have leisure, so they had to have something of the sort. His thoughts carried on, he had been thinking of settling down, but he didn’t want a pack as stern as his fathers’ and the way the other wolf made it sound… they were all like that.

What if, just for talkings sake, I was to make such a pack? Would it work?

He said aloud, in a distracted tone, this did make him think and that’s what he liked to do, let his brain work out problems, and a pack with light restrictions was definitely something to think about

<style>
.shaw-a03 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.shaw-a03 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.shaw-a03 b {color:#81dd4f; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.shaw-a03 {background-color:#20732d; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/15zl7qa.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:268px 0px 0px 0px; border:1px solid #81dd4f; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#103816; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px;}
.shaw-a03-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

"Writing is a lovely thing. It lasts most of the tests of times, the humans have proved that, there are some that are so old that are enclosed in special things that make them last, you have a very great talent."

If the cream-colored wolf had been a human, she would have blushed a bright red at this praise. She'd been told my her parents that writing was a good thing, and that she should keep practicing, but never had she received this high a praise before. She thought that this wolf's new and exciting art of music was astounding, and she loved it. So when he said something next, she gasped aloud and her eyes widened in excitement.

"What if, just for talking's sake, I was to make such a pack? Would it work?"

Skye's eyes widened. "I think that'd be a great idea!" she exclaimed, excited by the possibility. She'd thought of joining a pack, but none of the ones around had intrigued her - least of all the seemingly vicious and wolf-hating Inferni. The rest seemed to be just packs for the sake of having a pack to be in - no real purpose. But this...a pack of creation. That would be something incredible indeed - something that would be safe to be in, to protect from the outside world, and something that would have a purpose. "It'd be perfect," she whispered quietly.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

He didn’t expect her reaction when he spoke, it was like something clicked, and wouldn’t go out, she thought it was a great idea, what if more thought so? What if there were others like her who wished to do a little more than hunt and fight? The thought reeled in his head as he could see the cogs working in hers. With her reaction, he felt now… he had to do it now.

I don’t know my way around her much, but I have a feeling this might be a reality, I would like it as much as you, though I am hoping there are more that will like the idea do you think there will be more?

He asked excitedly, his long bushy tail was sweeping back and forth like a puppie’s, but he couldn’t help it, he loved the idea, and he was now going to stick to it.

<style>
.shaw-a03 {background-color:#20732d; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/15zl7qa.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:268px 0px 0px 0px; border:1px solid #81dd4f; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#103816; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px;}
.shaw-a03-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

"I don’t know my way around her much, but I have a feeling this might be a reality, I would like it as much as you, though I am hoping there are more that will like the idea do you think there will be more?"

Skye nodded. There must be some wolves that loved this idea as much as she did - after all, although it was clear that Shawchert hadn't been here long, he came from somewhere else - and so did Skye. That must mean that there were wolves here, that lived here, that enjoyed the arts as much as she and he did. There must be a way. And Skye loved the idea every bit.

"I'm sure there are more," she said, excitement barely contained in her voice. "There are lots of loners around here - I've smelled them, the don't smell like any packs." Although her sense of smell wasn't as great as some, she was still a canine, and their sense of smell rivaled almost every animal on the planet. The packs had a distinctive, group-ish smell to them - like she was smelling many wolves rather than one. It was easy to tell whether a loner had been there or whether a pack member had been there, and she'd smelled plenty of loners. "And I'm sure they'd love the protection a pack offered - and I'm sure that there has to be more artists somewhere!" Involuntarily, Skye's tail began to wag, and her eyes lit up in excitement. Things were beginning to look up for the young wolf - things were beginning to look up indeed.

<style>
.skye-z91 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.skye-z91 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.skye-z91 b {color:#C8DCF8; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.skye-z91 {background-color:#7E9BC6; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010j ... yegift.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 175px 0px; border:1px solid #C8DCF8; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#111F33; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify;}
.skye-z91-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC: sorry it’s shortish, ^^;

Her words enlightened Shawchert, there was undoubtedly more wolves that would lve to join if not for the actual need to be in a secure pack, it was a beautiful thought, he knew he’d be subtle, then he’d have to find a good place to actually have the pack, he didn’t know the placement of other packs, but he knew he had the time, he looked at Skye a big grin on his face.

Then it is a challenge, I will start recruitment, how about we meet here again, in half a months time?

He suggested, thinking that would be more than enough time to get everything together. Then they all could meet here, and do what they needed to do to make the land theirs. It was a simple thought, but there would be so much to do. It all reeled around in his head some more as the cogs kept turning, thinking about how the pack would be.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Jeez, sorry for the delay! D: And for the crappy post. -slap self-

"Then it is a challenge, I will start recruitment, how about we meet here again, in half a months time?"

Skye's eyes widened. She knew that the idea was a wonderful one, and that the idea of a creative pack was like home to her - but she didn't know he'd actually go through with it. She grinned, the smile going from ear to perked ear, and her heart felt that smile, too. It was as though for the first time since she'd been at Souls, she felt like she was a part of something.

Like she was actually at home.

She nodded vigorously, the smile still lingering on her features. "That sounds great, Shaw!" she said in excitement. "I'll try to recruit anyone I see as well."

<style>
.skye-z91 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.skye-z91 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.skye-z91 b {color:#C8DCF8; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.skye-z91 {background-color:#7E9BC6; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010j ... yegift.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 175px 0px; border:1px solid #C8DCF8; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#111F33; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.skye-z91-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]