Skin-tight Alibi
[html]

It was an unusually warm day outside, and she panted slightly as she made her way toward the lands of the Crimson Dreams pack. It was her duty as a new packmember to get reacquainted with the surrounding packs, and she wanted to be sure that this one was still there. She could remember that someone important lived there...a wolf she knew as some sort of a family member.

Addison looked up at the clear skies as she neared the border. She was glad for the good weather; she didn't like storms at all and there wasn't a cloud in the sky on this day. It was a great day for a visit. She sat down when she reached the border, trying to see if she could smell the male's scent in the mixture. There seemed to be many wolves living in this pack and she barely remembered what he smelled like...who knew if he was still here.

[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">
#jazperbymarit{width:390px; background-color:#7c7d5f; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... azper4.png); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; margin:auto;}#jazperbymarit p{color:#dade67; font-family:arial, calibri, tahoma, sans-serif; text-align:justify; text-indent:20px; margin-top:2px; margin-bottom:2px; line-height:14px;}#jazperbymarit .ooc{color:#dade67; text-align:center; font-family: georgia, cambria, serif; font-style:italic;}#jazperbymarit b{color:#f6ff00; font-family:georgia, cambria, serif;}</style>

WC: 500+

The summer weather was starting to turn into a light breeze with a fall like crisp and it was now obvious that Jazper and Ghita were expecting their second litter. His mates belly was starting to get a noticeable bump and his hunting schedule had increased. There was no way that Jazper would ever let his mate go through a pregnancy without having close access to food and a bed. Even after going through the first litter as a very new couple the Knight was constantly on Ghita's back about resting , staying off her feet, eating more. After all, Aro had carried his giant gene, and the gene ran in the males of the Knight family predominantly, so one could only assume that if there was a male in this litter she would need all the energy possible to give birth to him. It was a sensitive time for both of the mates with Ghita being touchy and Jazper being more protective then usual.

Walking on all fours he was prepared for the hunt. In his large halfling form it was easy for the warrior to take down deer by himself and carry it back to the mansion for his mate. He was careful not to make a sound as he stalked a young buck that had strayed from its herd. Lowering himself to the ground he rolled his shoulders to prepare the muscles to pounce. Just when he was about to leap forward the deers ears perked up and started off. Jazper instantly shot forward like a bullet from a gun eager to catch the buck before it got up to speed. As soon as he got out of the brush a familiar face stopped him in his tracks. Being a man obsessed with finding the few family ties he had in the world he remembered that face as Addison Rhiannon, daughter of his former adoptive mother, turned adoptive sister, Dierdre Rhiannon.

He stood still for a moment. Shocked in that moment of time at the person he was seeing before him. In his childhood he had no siblings until his adoptive family. Now his adoptive siblings had all disappeared, he had only seen Apollo around since his adulthood. Then he met Addison and was met with the fact that Dierdre had survived the fire and not returned for her litter. Still, she was his sister, or niece, depending on how you viewed his adoptions. Slowly his body relaxed and his original shock subsided. Walking up to the girl he still couldn't wrap his head around what she was doing here. Finally he found the words in his mind he was grasping for, “Hi. It's been a while.” Pausing he looked her over. She seemed to be doing well. “What's been going on in the life of the sister I never knew?” If Dierdre had returned after the fire it was very possible that himself and Addison would have grown up close siblings but now they looked at each other hardly remembering the names of the other.

[/html]
[html]
wtf, Prongs. Way to not add a thread to your post log D: <3 if it goes like..even a week over next time, definitely PM me <3 <3 <3

She sniffed around a bit as she sat down, trying to figure out whether he was here or not. Everything smelled so odd that she really couldn't be sure. A slight whine came from the female's throat, a frown crossing her features. She really wanted to find him and update him on things. It wasn't too long before she spotted movement, though, and she stood up as her heart raced.

"Uhhh...Hey, you!" She called out when she did catch sight of him, raising a hand in greeting. She had a backpack on and had brought a few gifts for Gryffindor...hopefully he would accept them and bring them back to the rest of the pack for her. "It's Addison...Addison D'Angelo. I was hoping you'd still be living here! I just came back! From living with Mom for a while"

[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">
#jazperbymarit{width:390px; background-color:#7c7d5f; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... azper4.png); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; margin:auto;}#jazperbymarit p{color:#dade67; font-family:arial, calibri, tahoma, sans-serif; text-align:justify; text-indent:20px; margin-top:2px; margin-bottom:2px; line-height:14px;}#jazperbymarit .ooc{color:#dade67; text-align:center; font-family: georgia, cambria, serif; font-style:italic;}#jazperbymarit b{color:#f6ff00; font-family:georgia, cambria, serif;}</style>

WC: 300+

The first time he had met Addison he had been seriously hurt to find out that his once adoptive mother had just abandoned him and her new litter to go off and live a totally different life. He had thought for the longest time that she had died in the fire after her newborns were rescued. Now the Knight knew better but still found room in his heart for any family. Even if it was just a sort of adoptive sister..or niece depending on how you looked at it now. His heart leaped with joy for a second as she called to him. So she did remember him! Even if it was just enough for her to look specificity for him Jazper was more than happy with that. Maybe there was hope for their relationship yet.

Sitting with a content smile he almost laughed as she reintroduced herself. “Addison...I remember your name.” He chuckled a little in humor and a little in disbelief that she thought he had forgotten her first name. “It's not every day you find out that your first adoptive mother actually survived let alone that she had another litter after the fire.” He really could never just forget that easily. Hell he couldn't even find it in his heart to forgive their mother for abandoning a litter of newborns. “Been living here most of my life, not about to leave anytime soon. Especially with a second litter on its way.” Slipping the news in casually he continued talking as soon as he heard that his sister had been with Dierdre, “Really? How was that?” He had in all honesty spent perhaps a month under the guidance of his first adoptive mother. After that she had disappeared and left him and the newborns in the hands of Deuce and Lucifer.

[/html]
[html]

He remembered hers, at least. She hoped that he wouldn't ask whether she could recall his name. Dierdre had never spoken of the old lands when Addison had been around, and she hadn't asked about them either. She didn't know if there were painful memories or if her mother was trying to deny that that part of her past happened at all...who knew. "Two litters, actually. She stupidly had another pup after me. Don't worry, though; I took the girl away with me when I left."

They fell into an easy conversation and she took in what he was saying. A second litter, eh? She didn't care for pups much unless they were in her family, but she supposed that these ones were kind of in her family. "Congratulations. Not my thing, but I'm happy for you and the mother of the pups. Visiting Dierdre was nuts. She's gotten weird...if she was ever normal...and she wasn't taking very good care of Grace. She hasn't come back to get her, either, though..so she probably doesn't care that I took her. She lives in Phoenix Valley with me now."

[/html]
[html]
WC:300+

It was slightly awkward for the ebony warrior to discuss Deirdre with Addison. Just knowing that Addison existed proved that his ex adoptive mother cared very little, if at all, for what use to be his home. As a matter of fact, it was getting difficult to tell if he even cared. It had been years now since he had last seen Dierdre and the depression he had once suffered from being family less was now long gone since Ghita had arrived at Crimson Dreams. His ears perked up as he was corrected. “Two?”
He questioned out loud, even though he knew the answer would be fast to follow. Tilting he head he took in the new fact: There was another girl. Although the news was rather shocking he quickly recovered in a wave of relief of knowing that she was safe from their mothers influence. “What's her name?”
The Knight wanted to be able to pick out the girl if he ever ran into her in the future.

Chuckling lightly he added, “We'll I've always wanted a family so a second litter with Ghita is just a bonus.”It was no surprise that Addison wasn't into pups. After all, Dierdre was into having them but not raising them, it was a wonder the girl didn't run screaming from the idea of becoming a mother figure. Who did she have to look up to for guidance? The name of the girl appeared in her conversation and he stashed it away, “Grace. That's a pretty name.” He complimented lightly as she continued chattering. Shaking his head slowly he simply couldn't believe that she had just let Addison leave with her child. No matter how bad of a parent you were it was your pup and you should love it enough to go after her. “The entire Rhiannon family is a little...strange. Your grandmother Deuce had the same anti-family gene as your mother. Rhiannon's just don't take responsibility very well.”
It was a sad truth, but a truth non the less. “How is the Valley and Jefferson?"

[/html]
[html]
end soon? Maybe one more from you and then I'll end? :] wc: 515

She felt glad that Jazper had been able to find someone in Crimson Dreams that he could make a life with and be happy with. Addison wasn't sure if anything like that would ever happen for her. So far she'd been getting by on pure pleasure, doing whatever she wished with whomever she wished...but she knew that it would eventually catch up with her. She didn't want to end up with any pups; the look on Jefferson's face when she had brought Grace home with her had been pretty comical, but on the more serious side of it, it wouldn't be very practical. While she had never been a wolf to stick around one place for very long, and though she was planning on staying in Phoenix Valley for as long as she could, she didn't see pups being anywhere in her near future. Addi didn't know what being a good parent was about besides what Jefferson and Geneva had done for her. Could she handle a pup that was like her? She wasn't sure. Grace was already beginning to show some Addison-like qualities. She could be quite frustrating at times.

"Yes...I guess before she had me, she gave birth somewhere around here? She said something about a fire when I was younger, but I can't remember much from back then. She didn't really like to talk about it and still didn't say much on it. She got some pretty bad scars from the fire." Addison explained. "The other litter had Sirius Revlis and Apollo Haddon in it. I met Sirius, but have never come across Apollo. Have you met either of those guys?" She was curious to know if they had been around here recently or if anyone around here had even ever met Sirius. She'd liked her older brother's company a lot when she'd gotten the chance to sit down and talk to him.

"Since I was adopted by Jefferson and all and since Dierdre's never really been in my life or cared enough about me to come over here and see me..I've decided to renounce those parts of my family. I think I'm going to take Jefferson's name completely, as my adopted dad." She said. Addison was glad to hear that it wasn't just her who thought that her mother was a little bit crazy...so her grandmother had been, too? It was good and bad news. "I'm glad you turned out alright, Jazper...and I think I did, too. Hopefully Grace will. It's great to know that I'm not the only one who realizes what a weirdo Dierdre is."

"So far things are going well in the Valley. We've been getting a few older members back, which is always good. I like seeing the old faces come back. Gives me a better friend selection" She grinned. She had also been looking into finding some kind of romantic partner in the Valley, but hadn't had any luck with it yet. With her personality it would likely be very difficult for her to find someone who she could really get along with in that way.

[/html]
[html]
WC:597

OOC: Sure thing Smile You = last post!

It occurred to the Knight that his adoptive sibling had a very similar upbringing as he had. Both had started out with Dierdre and later been adopted into an others family. Jazper had been lucky to have Deuce and Lucifer around but old enough to care for himself mostly. He didn't really know how old Addison was when she was found by Jefferson. The question stuck to his mind as he continued the conversation at hand. As she spoke of Sirius and Apollo his ears perked up, “Yep I remember them.” He confirmed with a smile, happy that he could answer some of her questions about her lost family. “Sirius I don't remember too much about honestly. He disappeared as soon as he could. Apollo and I on the other hand were closer.” He had only seen his brother a few times after he left originally , but it was enough to seal a bond between the two. “Apollo is a silverish wolf. He's a good guy if you ever get the chance to meet him. He comes back to visit once in a blue moon but its been about a year since he was last around.”

Adding a little fact of his own he spoke up, “Your grandmother Deuce had a litter shortly after your mother had the boys. She had two boys named Talisine and Noah.” He hadn't seen either in just as long but they had been closer to him as he pup sat them more often than the older Apollo and Sirius. Leaving the topic alone he allowed her to move on. He was surprised to hear that she was planning on dropping the Rhiannon name completely. He had taken on his fathers name after coming to terms with the fact that he shouldn't just forget that part of his life, more of the opposite of Addision's plans. “When I younger I went just as Jazper Rhiannon but eventually I can to terms with the fact that I couldn't run from my past and I took my dad's name as well. So now it's officially Jazper Rhiannon-Knight. Mind you I don't know any other Rhiannon's besides you and myself.” He chuckled lightly. “Maybe it is best we all just move on.” He sighed. It was a thought. After all, the Rhiannon's had all disappeared and now he had his own family of Marino's and Knights. Why should he care if Addison ever had pups or passe d on the Rhiannon name?

Nodding with a smile he silently agreed that he was glad to to have someone to talk about Dierdre with. It was a reassuring thought to know he had a connection to her still, through her pups. He was also happy that Addison was taking care of this Grace pup. “I'm sure Grace will turn out wonderfully with you and Jefferson watching over her.” It was a compliment in a way. Addison was a strong young women and Jefferson certainly wouldn't put up with any crap that a Rhiannon would do. He had made that clear when Jazper had informed him that Addison was the granddaughter of Deuce herself, an old pack mate of the male. It was nice to hear that things were going well at in he Valley. Smiling he added, “I'll have to stop up for a visit some time and you should send my regards to Jefferson.” He enjoyed talking to Addison, even if they had only met twice it was good to know she and Grace were out there.

[/html]
[html]
wc:

She ate up the information that he gave her about Apollo. She had always wanted to meet him but hadn't had the chance to yet...or if she had, she couldn't remember it. She must have just missed him during the time that she had been away. It made her sad that she hadn't gotten to see him, but felt sure that he would return some day. Jazper then went on to tell her about more family members, names that were unfamiliar to her and that didn't ring a bell at all. Hmmm. She would have to ask around.

Addison was happy that Jazper felt that Grace would do well with her and Jefferson there she offered him another large smile. She hoped so too. It had been nice to talk to the black male, but she had things that she had to be doing back in her own pack's lands and she nodded a goodbye to him. "Sounds great. I'll see you around, then!" The female turned, then, heading back toward the Valley.

Table by Noelle!
[/html]