Running Numb
Hi there sorry about this but i forgot to put the profile in, sorry again for the inconvience!!!

Name: Kaylee
D.O.B: November 10, 2009
Species: Regular Vancouver timber wolf
Secondary contact: kenzeemouse900@yahoo.com
Primary char.: Kaylee
found souls: Via Google

Initial Post!:
Kaylee ran, she had been running for God knows how long she had been running. the moon was the only light that shown in the blistering cold night, eliminating the snow around her turning the trees to a winter wonderland. But this was not a wonderland for her; it never was since she the first winter of her becoming a loner. Kaylee had become numb to the ice that had formed on her multicolored pelt. Stumbling over her big paws most wolves would think that she was just a pup separated from her pack or out scouting. Which would be true if she still lived in Vancouver, or any other of the packs that had accepted her. But unfortunately for them almost all were dead, slaughtered, died from starvation, drought. It was her curse she had learned to live with, to stand alone in the numbing cold.

Kaylee halted in mid step, being a normal Vncouver wolf her sense of smell was astounding compared to most other wolves but the smell and sense of a pack flooding her nose had eluded her, how could she have not noticed that before?!

"should I risk it or move on?" contemplating on it for some time she decided company was worth the risk, it had been a long while since she had any sort of family and it was all too tempting.

Sitting back on her haunches Kaylee lifted her head and let out a sorrowful howl that was sure to catch at least one of the members. All she had to do is wait and that was one thing she was very good at since the Haiku. Though tired she stood in her position and waited for anyone to hear her plea. Her eyes drooped, shifting to shake off the numbing snow from her back.
[html]
<style type="text/css">#savina{width:400px; background-color:#050b2a; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... ina1-2.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:none; margin:auto; border:1px solid #000000;}#savina p{color:#367697; font-family:arial, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif; line-height:14px; text-indent:20px; margin-bottom:-10px;}#savina b{color:#69afc2;}#savina i{color:#69afc2; float:right;}</style>

Hello! For future reference, you can always edit your posts once they've been made if you click "edit" at the bottom of the post Smile Also the weather follows the actual current weather in Nova Scotia for the moment, which is still in the 50 degree range, so there would be no snow. You also might want to run your posts through a word processor to catch spelling errors and missing capitalization ^^ 300+

The Commander had found an old rocking chair up in one of the unused rooms of the mansion and had carried it down the stairs and out to the front porch with some effort. Fall had just begun, but she knew that she couldn't count on the temperatures staying pleasant for long, at least not for her Mediterranean taste. Soon the slight chill in the air would become more than just a chill and it would be wholly unpleasant to be out in the open. Savina wanted to soak up as much as the nice weather as she could while continuing with her little project to knit scarves for her children to keep them warm in the frigid months. Knitting was difficult, but was becoming easier each time she picked up the needles and yarn. Hopefully she would become competent enough to knit things for the pack's other children as well.

A howl sounded in the air and the knitting needles paused in her hands. The voice wasn't familiar which meant it was likely someone from another pack seeking an audience or someone seeking a home. With a soft sigh Savina rose and carefully set her project down on the seat of the chair. She had hoped she wouldn't be interrupted, but such was the life of a leader. The raven colored fey left the manor behind her and made her way to the borders where the call had originated. It didn't take long to track the female down and as she approached her usual soft smile morphed her features. Despite her kind expression, her tail was held high even in her optime form to display her rank to the newcomer. "You have reached the lands that belong to Crimson Dreams, and I am its Commander Savina Marino. Is there something I can help you with?" she asked evenly.

[/html]
Thanks that makes sense, oh really the weather is the same as in real life that's so cool okay I'll keep a update on the weather then! Oh okay wait so do you mean 300+ characters or 300+ words?

Kaylee yawned, tired from lack of food and little rest. Maybe that' s why she imagined herself to be surrounded by snow all around her maybe she was even insane, she had been running for days on end trying to get here but hopefully her call would be heard by someone of this land. The air was still warm from summer but she knew that warmth was numbered; even the trees sang their declaration of winter with leafs vibrate in colors.

The wind blew throwing the scents from across the territory line that was wild exotic and even a little scary. Kaylee let her head and tail drop toward the ground as the scent of a wolf surrounded her. Peeking up she saw another wolf standing with posture that screamed Leader "You have reached the lands that belong to Crimson Dreams, and I am its Commander Savina Marino. Is there something I can help you with?"

"Hello my name is Kaylee, I've come from far to find a pack and I would be honored to be a part of this pack, If not I will leave post haste!" It was normal for her in her old pack to be this formal in introducing herself. The tension was so thick in the air, even though the other wolf was calm and even, Kaylee's heart was beating miles a minute. She took one step back from the wolf and sat on her haunches with a somewhat with a nervous glint in her hazel eyes.
[html]
<style type="text/css">#savina{width:400px; background-color:#050b2a; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... ina1-2.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:none; margin:auto; border:1px solid #000000;}#savina p{color:#367697; font-family:arial, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif; line-height:14px; text-indent:20px; margin-bottom:-10px;}#savina b{color:#69afc2;}#savina i{color:#69afc2; float:right;}</style>

It means 300 words. Crimson Dreams has a pack game where once a thread is finished you can turn in your word counts for points towards prizes! You can take a look at it in our ranks/game topic Smile

As soon as her scent was caught by the other female she immediately took on a more submissive posture. Savina stood before her and saw her take a peek up at her. It was a little awkward at times, interacting with someone when you were in a completely different form than they were. It wasn't so bad with friends, but it was especially odd when it was someone you were meeting for the first time. Still, Savina wouldn't shift down to her four legged form just to talk to this newcomer. For one it would put her in a vulnerable position for a moment and even though she didn't sense any hostility from the woman one could never be too careful around a stranger. The difference would just have to be dealt with.

The woman, Kaylee, introduced herself and spoke her intentions before stepping back and taking a seat. Savina's calm and welcoming demeanor stayed in place, her emerald eyes watching the other wolf curiously. "It is good to meet you Kaylee. Our borders are open to new members, but I must ask what it is that you can offer us in return for membership." Kaylee seemed well versed in border protocol, so likely she knew that when it came to being a part of a pack every member was expected to contribute in some way or another. It didn't have to be anything extravagant though, hunting skill was enough to please the Commander.

[/html]
Oh really that's really cool I'll look into that! thanks ^_^
The other wolf stayed in her other form which made Kaylee wonder if she was threatening her, which was very doubtful since she had such a laid back personality. But its not like the other wolf knew that. When she was asked what she could contribute to the pack that made her think, it had been a very long time since she had been in a pack. She was great with pups, good with hunting and tracking and the basics you'd need to survive. Also she could read, but she didn't think the wolf could be interested in that kind of stuff.

"Um well I can hunt, and watch over pups, and I can read....but not much though I mean i can really only read a few paragraphs my pack taught me..how...." Oh great she was babbling, defiantly not a good thing to do on first impression. Her ears tilted back even more in embarrassment "A-and I'm pretty good at tracking, I mean I can track for day if need be...but you probably have trackers in your pack that are better than me heh.."

the commanders curious gaze were really making Kaylee nervous, she twitched a little and gave what was to be a reassuring smile to the other wolf but the smile felt forced so she let it drop off of her face and looked back down.This did not seem to be going well, though the other wolf looked at perfect ease.
[html]

I'll go ask for you to be titled and you can start posting!

She knew that their difference in forms could probably come off as a little intimidating, so she did her best to make all her body language calm and open without completely letting down that sense of authority. Respect was important, but Savina had no interest in scaring anyone who was kind and just looking for a home. The Commander could be quite a force to reckon with when someone roused her anger, but that only happened at grave offenses and Kaylee had done absolutely nothing wrong. She was showing all due respect and her speech was polite.

The Italian fey listened with interest as the newcomer listed off the skills that she possessed that could be of use to a pack. They were more than satisfactory, especially about her being good with pups. Crimson Dreams was almost never lacking in pups, and at the moment that had more than just a few small paws running about. "All of those skills could be of good use. We are a large pack and have many mouths to feed, including many young pups. With winter on its way we can use as much food as can be gotten." Their food stores were in a good shape as of now, but it hardly hurt to be over prepared.

"Well Kaylee, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be allowed into the pack. Welcome to Crimson Dreams. You'll start out at the rank of Basic Officer," she said with a broadening smile. "Most of us live in the mansion that isn't too far from here, but you're welcome to set up a den wherever you wish in the territory." Savina couldn't guess what the girl's preference was and she didn't mind either way.

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Related, or to seek out a Mentor.

WOW REALLY?! thank you so much! I'm really excited i can't wait, thanks again i appreciate it and all the help you gave me when i had questions also!

Kaylee waited, shifting from side to side for a answer, the commander seemed to be contemplating something but she wasn't for sure. When Savina did speak she spoke with such kindness in her voice that Kaylee almost didn't catch the answer. Shocked Kaylee stood the for a second and let it sink it. "i can join...?"

"Thank you so much wow really this is awesome!" Springing forward she ran around the commander in excitement. suddenly she stopped and scurried back to where she once stood, one ear tilted to the side in embarrassment "Ehhh...yea sorry about that I let my excitement get the best of me, so if you want me to help with the pups and all that's fine.

With tail wagging she pranced in a small circle for it was really hard to contain such excitement, being a loner for a long time was kind of depressing it was nice to be part of a community again! "Wait so you live in a mansion, hmmm i don't mind living there, but can i ask you does it have any groves or groups of trees near by. I love sitting under groves of tree its very relaxing....oh sorry I'm babbling again!" Kaylee needed to get her mood in check she was in front of her new pack leader!

Sitting on her haunches with a content huff she looked up at her new commander with hope in her eyes. "Thank you...for a chance to start again."
[html]

No problem! Big Grin I'm here to help!

At first the girl didn't seem to hear what had been said correctly, and then she looked to her with surprise evident in her voice. That shock soon evolved into unrestrained excitement though as she expressed her gratitude and ran about joyfully before calming herself once more. Savina couldn't help but to issue a good natured chuckle at Kaylee's excitement; it was one of the most rewarding moments of her job. "You are quite welcome, and no need to be sorry. I would be surprised if you weren't so excited," she replied kindly. She would much rather let someone into the pack that was open about expressing their emotions than someone who bottled it all up.

Despite her attempt to contain her joyous energy, Kaylee was soon up and moving again, tail waving happily behind her. "Oh yes, there are many trees around the mansion, and a large lake nearby too. There's even some apple trees right by the house." Savina had never taken much interest in the fruit that the trees bore, but they were very pretty. Her second-in-command was much more knowledgeable about the flora of the area. "Do not worry about babbling, I don't mind at all." The mother was used to answering bombardments of questions from her children, so she was used to such things, and patient besides.

"You are welcome. I am glad that I can give you that chance," she said sincerely. When she had come to these lands she had gotten her own second chance. Savina couldn't deny that to anyone else.

[/html]