Fighting for a Pacifist
[html]

It's clobberin' time~! >:3 Also, the next line 'two days from now' may or may not be changed depending on how the pack hunt ends :3

Ralla had been home from the hunt for two days now. Her muscles were fine--tempered by her long days of running--but her ego was not. Although she had participated to the best of her ability on the hunt, she still felt...lacking. I need to get stronger. It was a simple, dominating thought in her head. She had thought it when she left the Moon Tribe, when she joined AniWaya, and when she began her training as a Gata Hineyu. While it could not be argued that there was improvement, her skills were far from perfect. Warrior training is what I need. I need to learn to fight, and not to just bite and tear with my claws...and not to always run.

Although she was tempted to ask Nayati to teach her how to fight and hunt better, she was also reluctant. She had seen the way Liliana looked at him and her; one would have to be blind and emotionless to not at least see or feel the way her persona seemed to change when around him. And horning in on someone else's prey wasn't Ralla's style.

So the problem remained. She did not know the specifics of who was a warrior within their pack, so she went about her duties, brooding, as she polished the firewood axe from a good day's work.

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[Image: RallaP-1.png]
[html]
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/ ... _horse.gif); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

She had shifted back into her optime temporarily to do a little bit of cleaning, but planned to return to her lupus form as soon as possible. There was something about that form that she was taking a particular liking to lately...she enjoyed being near the ground and feeling like a regular wolf again. If one looked at her, they would never have guessed that she was actually a luperci unless she told them.

The wolf came upon her packmate rather suddenly on her journey back to her house in the village, and she stopped for a moment. Her packmate wasn't familiar, though Ember felt like she had seen her face around once or twice. "Nice axe." She commented gruffly.

The dark female was never without her weapons belt when she was shifted, and three of her choice weapons were strapped into it this day. Her longsword, axe, and dagger. She looked with interest at what Ralla was doing with the axe. "Looks like it could be a bit sharper, though"

[/html]
[html]

Should we pretend that Ralla and Ember have already learned each other's names since they're both in the hunt thread? They don't have to be good aquaintances; just know their names and forgotten till now Tongue

A blurred image reflected in the shine that had become of the chopping axe since Ralla's ministrations, and Ralla's eyes darted up to see a wolfess standing before her. The wolfess was tall and a deep color not unlike to charred maple, or the drink that her tribe had often made from crushed grapes that were preserved for months at a time. Burgundy, she mused with a matter-of-fact thought. The clinking from the belt around the other's waist was what caught Ralla's attention more than the feeling of familiarity that whispered at the edge of her mind. The weapons, being most prudent to her recent ponderings, were the object of her gaze until the other spoke.

"Thank you," Ralla responded with formal gratitude. Like Nayati, this wolfess had that scent and presence that any wolf instinctivly knew as out-ranked from themselves; apart from their class, as it was. In some packs it was a harsh distinction--such as the Crescent Moon Pack--but here in AniWaya, Ralla was learning that the bonds of the pack were more of family than organized machine. At the other's comment, Ralla glanced down and turned the axe in her hands, quirking an eyebrow in contemplation. "Really...? Regrettably, I wouldn't know... I've never sharpened a tool." Ralla had thought that the axe was fine, as it had continued to chop wood, but she could not deny that it had taken increasingly more strikes of the blade to get through a single log. Still, as the conversation continued to focus around the axe, she could not place the wolfess's name...

<style type="text/css"> .ral b {font-weight:bold; color:#6e72eb; letter-spacing:1px; } .ral .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#898c99; padding-top:500px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .ral p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #4f52a6} .ral {margin:0 auto; width:374px; background-color:#1f2b55; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... /ralla.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>
Table by Lou!
[/html]

[html]
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/ ... _horse.gif); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

She didn't really mind meeting her packmates and discussing things with them, as long as she was in a good enough mood for it. Ember had to be in a certain mood to be in the presence of anyone any more, even Moonfyre. The male had come up with the idea that they ought to live together, and she had agreed to it. Subconsciously, Ember knew that she needed someone there for the depressive episodes that she continued to have. She often thought of harming herself, and that scared her.

"Oh? I've worked with some before..I have a metal stone that I use for it that seems to work. If you want, I could sharpen it for you sometime." She kept all of her weapons quite sharp. The female reached to pull her axe from the belt, holding it out to Ralla to show her. "I even have a few other axes back at my house that I'm not using, if you want to have a look at them." She said. "I don't think Moonfyre would mind if we had a guest over. And if he's not there, then nothing to worry about"

[/html]
[html]

"I would like that very much," Ralla said while taking the axe to turn it back and forth, marvelling at its grace of weight and shape, before giving it back and gathering her supplies. Wrapping them in the hide blanket that they had come in, she secured the sinew-string tightly to keep anything from falling out. "I don't know what I would give you in return, though. I have some nice Long Gone bits that I found while I was outside the pack territory, but if those don't interest you... I could always read your fortune." She said the last bit a bit jokingly. Less and less had wolves been taking her readings seriously, and only Ralla still believed fully of their truth. Those of her tribe had often believed--or at least somewhat heeded--her fortunes, so she actually hoped that this new wolfess would do the same. Her tough exterior didn't seem to be the type to believe in it, though. "I'm sorry that I don't really have a more noteworthy skill to repay you with. Oh! My name's Ralla, by the way." She gave a heartening smile to her generous tribe mate, ears flicking forward at the next statement.

"Moonfyre? You live with him?" Her and Moonfyre's meeting had been brief at the Adagio Caves--and their meeting during the hunt a few days ago just as short--but she had a pleasant memory of him. "I can't believe how hard it is to meet up with our tribesmembers here... Then again, busy busy busy." With the other wolfess's kind offer, Ralla's mood had become perky and smiley all over again. She was recently prone to such episodes because of the success on the hunt, however much it irked her of her weakness. If she were in her normal mood--but then again, what was normal?--she would've thought herself a schizophrenic lunatic.

<style type="text/css"> .ral b {font-weight:bold; color:#6e72eb; letter-spacing:1px; } .ral .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#898c99; padding-top:500px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .ral p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #4f52a6} .ral {margin:0 auto; width:374px; background-color:#1f2b55; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... /ralla.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>
Table by Lou!
[/html]

[html]

Even though Ember was not always in the best of moods, she seemed to be in a pleasant one this day. She had done a terrible thing by throwing her pups into the fire, that was for sure...but at the time she had felt like she was doing the right thing. By the time that she realized that the pups would be evil, that they were the spawn of that wolf and that they would turn out to be rapists and murderers just like him, it was too late for her to take some sort of herb to rid herself of them. Of course, no one in the tribe knew of her deed. She'd done it late at night, far out in the woods. She'd thrown the bag with the pups in it into the fire and had never looked back. Life seemed a lot better now.

She shook her head at Ralla; she didn't need any repayment for it. They were ones that she had around just in case there was some big battle or something...in case the coyotes had come for Muggles those many months ago. She had originally intended them to be for her packmates anyway. So she was just doing as she'd planned by giving one to Ralla. The idea of having her fortune read intrigued her a little, though, and she spoke. "I've never heard of that before...of someone reading my fortune. If you don't mind it, that would be great!"

As they walked, they continued to converse. "Ah...yes! He volunteered to help me care for my pups, but they were stillborn. So he's just helping me out around the house. We hunt together sometimes, too...and just do things together. I guess we're getting a little closer." She said. The house wasn't too far away and she walked up first, pulling the door open. It always got stuck...and required a nice hard yank. Their home was pretty small, but had just enough room for the two of them. A kitchen, living area, and bedroom. The axes were in the closet, and she walked over to get one for Ralla. "Do you think you'd want a longer handle or a shorter one? She asked.

[/html]
[html]

The short walk to the other's house was filled with their talk, Ralla becoming more and more at ease with the wolfess. Her declaration of what had happened to her shocked and saddened Ralla, and she gave the telltale look of sympathy before turning her head away out of polite respect. Looking back to the wolfess, Ralla returned to that nagging feeling of trying to remember her name. She had heard it whispered during that hunt she had been at with the wolfess... ...ber... Ember? Yes, that was it. The wolfess had been swift and deadly with her sword, felling the elk that Ralla had kept occupied for her. How could she have forgotten her first true pack hunt?

The house was pleasant--certainly better furnished and bigger than Ralla's tower hut--and it gave that warm scent of a home. Ember had walked over to a closet and turned back to ask Ralla which type of handle she preferred. "Long, please." She had gotten the basic mechanics of chopping wood, and she was pleased that she had gained some lean muscle. But the trick to it was having a long enough handle to give the blade momentum and weight to fully cleave the wood. Ember's earlier acceptance of Ralla's gift further brightened her mood, and she was surprised that she wasn't jumping around like a puppy. Although she had met many kind wolves in her tribe, it was still lonely. Chances to practice what she loved were rare, if not only because their tribe was busy with their own duties. Ralla respected that and was put off by it all at once.

"Well, perhaps do you know your star sign? Or perhaps you would prefer a straight reading?" Often Ralla forgot that not all of her tribe knew the terms of her old tribe, so she ammended her sentence. "Your star sign is the constellation you were born under. If you give me the month and date you were born, I could decipher it for you. And a straight reading is through the moon or fire. Either or." The calling to see signs and hear the voice of the moon was the largest temptation of Ralla's. It comforted her knowing that which surrounded her, and yet it had not bothered her recently that she could never see a vision for her own future. She wondered; what vision would she see when she looked into the graceful warrior in front of her?

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[html]
It would be fine with me for there to be some foreshadowing to future events. What coincidence!

She handed the axe out to Ralla. Ember had taken the time to sharpen these, and they would be much better for the female to use. She didn't mind giving them out, and getting her fortune read to her would be a nice treat, she thought. Ember wasn't one to really dabble in such things herself, being quite the practical wolf, but she was interested in learning about something new.

Ember wasn't actually certain of the exact month that she had been born...she only knew that when a certain season passed, she was a year older. She thought about this, unsure. "Maybe one of the er...straight ones?

[/html]
[html]

Post-attack! >:3 Sorry for the shortness >.>

Ralla smiled at the other wolfess as she took the axe. It was different from the one she had been given for her duties, although it felt a little more wieldly than the given one as well. Tipping the blade back and forth--although she was no expert--Ralla nodded with affirmation. "This will do wonderfully! Thank you. Are you...certain I can...?" She felt a bit apprehensive at taking such a blade from the warrior, although she had full intentions to return it after she learned to properly sharpen a blade herself. At the female's answer, Ralla smiled and took a quick peek outside. It was around the later part of twilight, but the moon had not yet risen. She didn't want to make the warrior wait for much longer, so she opted for a reading through the fire. "If you have time now, I could try through the fire. Anything in particular you wanted to know...?" Even though she said 'particular', she could guarantee no details. All visions were often obscure--much left to the Shaman to divine--but particular events could be deciphered if pointed out.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]