A Walk in the Woods
[html]

OOC:

It hadn't been long since he had arrived in the land known as Nova Scotia, but all ready he knew he loved it here. Each step he took brought him to a place he had never been before with new experiences to be enjoyed, new sounds to hear, new scents to enjoy, all of which he enjoyed without restraint.

As he padded along, carefully maneuvering through the trees using the wind blowing through them as a guide, he took everything in he could, listening to all the animals chirping, buzzing, and moving around him. Luckily for him, it was a windy day, making it easy for him to walk along without worry of smacking into a tree or losing his way. Not that it would matter much as he couldn't tell where he was at in the first place. He wasn't worried though as being blind had made that fear seem to disappear. His powerful sense of smell would alert him to any scent markers nearby and if he did get lost he would easily be able to find his way back to Serena Reserve using the scent trail he was leaving behind him.

He had parted ways with Ralla not long ago to leave her to her duties, having heard of a pack hunt which, being an outsider, he would have no part of. He didn't mind, however, as he felt the need to explore around the packlands anyway, knowing he would be outcasted as long as he was an outsider. It was standard practice in a wolf pack, common knowledge that he had taken to heart since the day he was born. Soon it would not matter, if he decided to join the pack.

Up ahead in the distance he heard a steady sloshing sound, his mouth automatically drooling as his mind told him he was thirsty. He smiled as within seconds he was upon the source of the sound, a small river just perfect for what he needed. He lowered his head to drink, not bothering to look around for obvious reasons but keeping his ears swiveling in all directions to keep him alerted to the sounds of the forest.

Kemo ”talks”, walks, and thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.kemoforest-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#7f7a5b; letter-spacing:1px; }
.kemoforest-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.kemoforest-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.kemoforest-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:370px; background-color:#121212; background-image:url(http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/8206/souls43.png); background-position:top center;
background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #000000; padding: 350px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: cambria, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#c0c0c0; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Fae
[/html]
[html]

Sorry for making you wait! I was a bit too distracted lol. WC: 311 {3 points}

Sepirah never really liked to travel far from the safety of Inferni, but on some days she was feeling a little daring. Today was one of those days and she decided to venture along near the Dahlia and the Eternal Eclipse. The jackal strolled away from the safety of her home and began to make her way to the pack’s borders. All the skulls were beautifully standing on display. She couldn’t help but take a moment to admire all of them before she began to make her way to her distination.

So far everything seemed so peaceful. There were no other wolves around, but she wished there were some other coyote’s around. She had yet to meet more of the members of her pack and felt kind of left out because she could not find any other coyotes or jackals outside of Inferni. She sighed and headed towards the water to get a drink. As she lifted her head back up, she looked to her refection and frowned. There she was all alone. She wished that there was someone else around to give her some company. Someone that she could go to when she was feeling so alone. She began to walk downstream and looked to her reflection in the water.

She paused when she looked across the way and noticed the white wolf there getting a drink. She sat there and looked over him. There were too many wolves around and Sepirah felt a little crushed on the inside. Where were all the coyotes? She continued downstream, trying to ignore the wolf there and try to find someone else. However if he decided to notice her and take some interest in her, she would stop and look over to him, looking uninterested though. She didn’t care much for wolves and didn’t think it was best to make friends with them.

<style>
.sepi-b02 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.sepi-b02 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.sepi-b02 b {color:#19180A; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.sepi-b02 {background-color:#4C492D; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010june/sepigift.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:400px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #A8A369; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#A8A369; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.sepi-b02-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC: Not a problem, I can be patient when need be Big Grin I decided not to notice Sepirah at first, but will in time. Kinda short

The water was cold, fresh, and refreshing, running through his mouth like a winter's kiss. He drank until his mouth went numb and sat back on his haunches, licking his chops of the water. This was indeed a wonderful place to be. It was just so peaceful here, being alone in the middle of this seemingly never ending forest, with only the sounds, scents, and the darkness to keep him company. There was never going to be an escape, however, from the fact that he did indeed miss the sights as well. The wonderful colors swirling together, the night sky as it filled with light from the moon, the sunrise, reflections in the water, and what he wouldn't give to see the faces of those he met, to remember them by face rather than scent. He didn't dare get his hopes up about ever finding a cure for his blindness. Fate had laid down its hand, an ace up the sleeve and he had bet his sight on winning.

The sound of the rushing water brought him a sense of power as well as homesickness. He remembered seeing the mark on his chest for the first time way back when he was a pup, from away from these lands known as Nova Scotia. The moment had been clear in his mind ever since he had lost his sight, as if it was trying to tell him something. He thought this over for a while, listening to the hypnotic sound of the water for a long while, unaware that someone was watching him at the moment, until he decided to keep heading downstream. It would be foolish to try and swim across this river. He had no idea how deep it was, could only guess how fast it was moving by the sound, and had no idea someone was on the other side almost mirroring his movements. The river was loud, blocking out the sound of quiet footsteps to his sensitive ears. To him, he was completely alone on this walk through the woods, walking tall and proud, tail wagging slightly, unaware of how wrong he was.

<style type="text/css">
.kemoforest-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.kemoforest-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:370px; background-color:#121212; background-image:url(http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/8206/souls43.png); background-position:top center;
background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #000000; padding: 350px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: cambria, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#c0c0c0; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Fae
[/html]
[html]

WC: 344 {3 points}

Sepirah was confused even of her own actions. Why was she ignoring the wolf like she was? He had done nothing to her and just because her pack hated wolves didn’t mean she had to. Inferni was beginning to feel less and less like a home to her. She wanted some friends and it just seemed like most of the pack was off doing their own thing. With a gentle sigh, she turned back and hid in a bush near the river. Her golden gaze locked on the wolf across the way. He didn’t seem like a threat so perhaps a first meeting with him wouldn’t be so bad. She slowly came out of the bushes and took her spot at the side of the bank on the other side of the river.

At first, she was a bit nervous and didn’t say anything. She had been speaking to many wolves now and wasn’t exactly sure what to do. Would speaking and making friends with wolves be against the pack laws since they were all coyotes? The dark princess’ mind tried to try and find the answer to her own questions. So far she was having no luck and she remain silent.

Finally she broke from her thinking and decided to just go with it. If he was a nice wolf, then she may get to know him better. If not, then she would shun him away and head straight for home. Sepirah moved closer to the water and took a small drink, seeing if she would catch the wolf’s attention. Her eyes wandered up to him every once and a while before she managed to get the courage to say something. ”Hello there Mr. Wolf” Normally she wasn’t like this. She was strong willed and independent. It was because she was in her pack lands and knew she was safe. Out here, anything can happen and if she were attacked, the attackers would have no problem disposing of her if she were killed. The fear remained with her and didn’t leave her gaze.

<style>
.sepi-b02 {background-color:#4C492D; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010june/sepigift.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:400px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #A8A369; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#A8A369; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC:

Kemo had been walking for only a little bit, his mind flowing through thoughts keeping him occupied. He wondered if there were other packs in this land of Nova Scotia. He had only been to the AniWaya territories, met only one wolf so far, which was amazing considering how much this land was hyped up by Aunty. She had said this place was a land full of many different kinds of wolves and creatures, all living together in several different areas, some large some small, each contributing in their own way to the land that supports them. As he walked along this rushing river, he had yet to see that in action. Even in the AniWaya territories, it had seemed so quiet, so alone everywhere. Where are the wolves who were so plentiful in this land? Where are the creatures that inhabit these woods? It was then that he heard the words.

"Hello there, Mr. Wolf." All thoughts left him as he turned around, trying to pinpoint the source of the sound. He sniffed the air, trying to catch the scent of the stranger, but nothing came. Where was she? On the other side of the river? He knew this area did not belong to a pack up to this point, he had made sure to check for scent markers at each opportunity, but of course he could be right up against the borderlands without realizing it. Her tone of voice suggested she was a bit frightened, of him or of something else he wasn't sure.

"Greetings. My name is Kemo and I am a kind wolf. Is this your territory? I did not mean to trespass, just wanted to try and get familiar with the territory. I have no intention of hurting those who do not wish harm upon me, so you need not be afraid of me. Forgive me, but would you come closer? These blind eyes prevent me from knowing who I'm talking to and the river is interfering with my other senses." He looked around instinctively, but was really trying to hear or smell a sound or scent to find the new potential friend..or enemy.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Fae
[/html]
[html]

WC: 353 {3 points}

Sepirah could tell at first that the wolf must have had something wrong with him. How could he not see her standing in front of him on the other side of the river? What was wrong with him? He must have been an older wolf who was having trouble getting around. She placed her dark paws into the water as she observed him more. His white fur was nice as was his figure. Slowly she inched her way into the water and moved her gaze to him as he spoke.

So his name was Kemo. What an interesting name for a wolf. Sepirah crept further into the water as she felt just how cold it was. She didn’t want to go in any further, but she had to if she was going to make it to the other side of the river. He was beginning to apologize as the jackal finally got all the way in the water and began to swim over to the wolf. She paused and gave a slight chuckle. ”There’s no need to apologize Mr. Wolf. These lands do not belong to any pack. My pack is further north. I was mearly exploring along this area.” As the dark princess got about half way, he was asking her to come closer. What shocked her the most was that he mentioned he was blind. So that’s why he didn’t see her. She gave a small sigh as she continued to swim.

Once she finally made it to the other side of the river, she pulled herself out of the water and shivered. The breeze was not making it feel any better. She shook herself to get the water off her before she took a small bow. ”Nice to meet you Kemo. My name is Sepirah Lykoi. I am from the Inferni pack.” She sniffed him a bit and couldn’t smell any pack on him. She took a seat and wrapped her tail around her feet. ”So Kemo, which pack are you from?” As she waited for an answer, she looked into his eyes to see if he was really blind.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC:

He listened carefully for any sign that the stranger was coming closer, trying to find out where she was. The river cursed him with its constant roaring in his ears, punctuated only by her words and a slight splash close by. Finally she came near enough that he could pick up her scent, sniffing at her slightly and filing away the information for future reference. The scent was alien to him, his head tilting to the side in curiosity. He had never come across this scent before. It was similar to a wolf's but equally as different, unique he would say. What kind of creature would this be? He had a hard time telling how large she was because he couldn't pick up the sound of the air flowing around her and he couldn't tell where her voice was coming from as the river just seemed intent on making sure she kept a large privacy fence around her.

"Greetings Sepirah and nice to meet you as well. I'm glad to see a friendly face out here, but of course that is only a figure of speech for me. As for what pack I am from, that is an interesting question for you to ask. I am not from any pack around here, I hail from a large pack much farther south. You say you hail from Inferni? That means there's another wolf pack around here, perhaps more..."

How many packs were around here? If there was at least two, then why was this area so quiet? He knew he would have heard at least a couple of howls on his walk out here if there was as many wolves as he was led to believe. The game seemed plentiful around here, the animals calm and content, no howls and hardly any new wolves on a simple walk. Where could they all be? Were the packs hiding from each other?

He snapped out of his thoughts as he realized where he was. "I'm sorry, how rude of me to go off in thought like that. It's just so weird to think of this place as having so many packs, yet it's so quiet and lonely. Anyway, what brings you out here? I was just going for a walk to clear my head. This seems like the perfect place to do it." He smiled, his ear twitching as a bird called behind him.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Fae
[/html]
[html]

WC: 371 {3 points}

Sepirah wished her fur would dry off quicker so that she wouldn’t be so cold. The one time she wouldn’t mind being in the sun, and all the trees were blocking her way. As she shivered and tried to dry off, she took more noticed to the wolf was actually much younger than she thought. He only looked about a year older than her, so it was a bit odd to see that he was already blind. Aside from his age, his figure was nice too. Sure it was a little hard to hold a perfect stance without sight, but he was doing well with it. Sepirah couldn’t help but smile as he told her he was glad to meet her. There was something about this wolf that sparked her interest, but she couldn’t tell yet what it was. She stopped him though after he asked if there was another wolf pack around. ”Actually, Inferni is a pack for only coyotes and jackals. To be honest it doesn’t seem like home anymore. I don’t see much of anyone around.”

Sepirah could see he was lost in thought about the packs around her, so she laid down on the dirt. Her stomach began to turn ground as the dirt collected on her fur. This really sucked. Although she wanted to get to know this wolf, she wished it was out in the sun instead of under the trees. She began to move away and hoped he could follow her alright. Hopefully her scent was enough to get him to follow her. She looked to the sky as he asked why she was here. ”I was mainly just exploring. I don’t know. I’ve found myself away from my pack lands more often now. I’m not sure what to do actually.” She continued along as she began to get lost in her own thought. What was she going to do? Inferni members were never around and she had no one left to talk to now that her grandmother wasn’t around much. She sighed as she debated leaving the pack to become a loner. If she did that, then maybe she could join along side Kemo and travel with him. She would be his eyes.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC:

Kemo listened as best as he could, the river really started to get on his nerves now. While it was an amazing sound to hear in its own right, the roaring noise disoriented his senses, making him want to get away from it. He suddenly noticed her scent wasn't as strong now, her voice starting to drift away, making him realize she was walking away from him. Hoping she intended him to follow, he did so carefully, making sure he kept the sound of the roaring monster on his left. It wouldn't be a very fun experience to fall into that kind of trouble.

Did she say coyotes and jackals? He had never heard of such creatures and he wondered which one she was. Were they similar to wolves? He supposed so, given the fact that her scent seemed to slightly resemble a wolf's, as well as there being an entire pack of them somewhere north of here. He noticed she had refrained from saying wolves, causing him to wonder if they didn't let wolves into their pack. Do they hate wolves? Sepirah sure didn't seem to mind his presence. He would have to ask Ralla about Inferni next time he saw her.

”I was mainly just exploring. I don’t know. I’ve found myself away from my pack lands more often now. I’m not sure what to do actually.” He contemplated that for a moment, knowing exactly how she felt. AniWaya seemed to be just as quiet as this Inferni pack. He hadn't met many wolves in AniWaya yet, but no matter where he went there was that same eerie quiet. Sometimes it made him wonder if he was going deaf as well. "Well I would be more than happy to accompany you in your adventure through these lands. It's always nice to have company on a walk, if you don't mind of course." He sped up, catching up with her and walking alongside her. The river was slowly quieting now and he smiled at the sound.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Fae
[/html]
[html]

Woo! Hit 400 + words for once! WC: 414 {3 points}

Sepirah had to admit that she didn’t really like hanging around the water for too long. While it was calm most of the time, it was rough in some areas. Perhaps it was best to take a break and maybe come back sometime later. The jackal peered back occasionally to make sure that the wolf was following her. She still couldn’t believe how young this wolf was and yet he was blind. How could life slap someone in the face like this? It simply wasn’t fair. Now he wouldn’t be able to adore her dark and beautiful figure. A soft sign managed to pass her lips as she continued to lead the wolf along.

Finally Sepirah came to a clean area and could feel the sun beating down on her fur once more. For once she welcomed the sun with open arms. The dark princess lowered her rear and then the rest of her body to the ground. The dirt was beginning to come off her body thanks to the grass, but her chest still had that brown hue to it. She rolled over onto her back as she watched the wolf come to her from between her legs. The jackal looked to her new wolf friend and could see the mix of worry and curiousity in his eyes. She turned her gaze back to the sky as she spoke to the blind wolf. ”It would be best for you to stay clear of Inferni’s borders. They don’t exactly seem to like wolves… plus they put wolves’ skulls on display along the border.” The dark princess then returned her golden orbs to his gaze to see his reaction.

Sepirah couldn’t help but put a smirk on her face as the wolf said he would accompany her for the day. She guessed having a wolf around was better than having no one around. The jackal rolled over onto her stomach and raised her body back up. She strolled over to the male and rubbed gently against his side. ”I’d love for you to join me. It would be too lonely if you didn’t. I’ll be your eyes.” To be honest, the dark princess didn’t even know what she was doing. Why was she being so kind to someone she barely knew? She shrugged off the idea and moved a few steps ahead of him. ”You coming then Kemo?” Her smirk turned into a calmer smile as she flicked her tail gently under the wolf’s chin.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC:

Kemo let out a soft sigh as the river's roar slowly faded behind him, leaving in its wake a calming quiet, punctuated only by the soft sounds of Sepirah's paw steps and the normal ambient sounds of the forest around him. The sound of her paw steps, while a normal uninteresting sound to most, each had a story to tell and he knew perfectly well how to listen.

Judging by the force each paw step made she was smaller in size. That told him she was obviously female, a fact which he could easily pick up from her voice, and that she wasn't luperci like Ralla had been, all though she could be in lupus form right now or whatever it was called for Sepirah's species. The even gait she held told him she had received no recent injuries and she was in perfectly healthy condition. Sometimes it amazed even him that so much information could be received from such a simple and often overlooked sound, though it was overlooked because it wasn't needed with the ability to see your surroundings.

Speaking of surroundings... He thought to himself, noticing the change. The sun was beating lazily on his fur, calmly warming him as he "looked" around the new area. The smell of pine wasn't as powerful here, meaning he was in a more open area. Was he out of the woods? Not yet. He chuckled to himself, remembering the old joke his father told him seemingly forever ago.

He heard her stance suddenly change, more weight added to the ground, the scratching sound of grass along fur, the position of her voice as she informed him of the dangers of Inferni, all telling him she was lower on the ground, possibly laying down. Perfectly understandable considering the hypnotizing effect the sun seemed to have at times.

The severed heads of wolves, strung about the territory like decorations? And she associates herself with these creatures? His opinion of her suddenly changed. His eyes flashed angrily, his fur bristling slightly, though he still kept up the friendly demeanor. He would make sure he would take extra caution around this unknown female. Sure she seemed nice, friendly, and welcoming, but it was easy to fake those feelings. How could she be so friendly to him, a stranger she had never met and a wolf no less, her pack's apparently greatest enemy? There had to be something going on behind the scenes. The effects a group, especially a close knit group like a pack, can have on its individual members are very powerful and he would not be the one to put that to the test.

All thought was dropped however, when she rubbed against his side. He knew it was her, her scent very close to him and the sound of her beating heart almost pounding in his ears. A clever trick. He thought to himself, but was he merely judging the wolf by its teeth?

"You coming then Kemo?" He hesitated, his mind returning to its previous thoughts, but what if he was wrong? He supposed he could trust her for now, knowing he could run at the worst possibility. He may not be trained as a warrior, but he could at least defend himself and he could run fast if he needed to. The flick of her tail under his chin broke him from his trance. "Lead the way. Be my eyes as you said." He smiled, hiding the dark thoughts from her as he followed her to wherever it was she was headed.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Fae
[/html]
[html]

Come on Kemo! Let's get you to 45! WC: 330 {3 points}

Sepirah would watch as the male came out of the clearing and towards her. The water was nothing more than a silent flow in the wind. The breeze flowed along with the trees and carried the dark princess’ scent towards her slim body. She watched as the male came out of the trees and took his spot near her. Her heart rate felt like it was speeding with excitement. Just what had she done to do this? The dark princess moved her gaze to the sky as she waited for Kemo to make himself comfortable. The jackal wagged her tail back and forth as she waited on the male.

Sepirah rolled onto her side as she caught the flare of anger in his eyes. It must have been for what she said the Inferni pack did with wolf skulls. The dark princess gave a heavy sigh before rolling onto her stomach. ”Relax, I’m not like that. I’d only display the skull of any skum who dared to challenge the Inferni pack. I’m not a savage like you all think we are.” The jackal then stopped to think about what she just said. Was what she just said trying to make the wolf less feared of Inferni? Just what on earth was she thinking? Hopefully Kemo would not think any less of her after that statement.

Sepirah moved her head back after she requested the wolf to follow her. She watched him come closer to her and tell her to lead the way. She gave a small smiled before running her tail under his chin. ”Alright then big boy, follow my scent.” She bounded ahead, though stayed at a nice jogging pace so that the white wolf would be able to keep up with her and her scent. The jackal had no idea where she was going to lead him, but perhaps there was a place she could share with him, a place just the two of them could go to.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC: So close....Revan's almost here Big Grin Sorry about this terrible post, my muse just took a long break.

Kemo nodded politely as she explained to him about her affiliation with Inferni, though he still didn't trust her. What kind of wolf could trust someone after they just told you something like that? How was he to know that she wasn't really like that, determined to lead him to a place where her pack mates could jump him and rip his skull out of his head. Him being blind would certainly give her more confidence and it would be much easier to lead him into a trap, but she underestimated him, of course.

He decided he would give her the benefit of the doubt for now, setting one paw in front of the other as he followed her. "Where are we going?" He tried to "read" her heartbeats to see if he could pick up something to give away her intentions. It was no use however. He could tell when somebody was lying, afraid, angry, and happy, but he couldn't read anyone's mind. It's a shame, really, that this power was beyond all of them. It certainly would make the world much easier to survive in.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Fae
[/html]
[html]

WC: 307 {3 points}

Speirah continued to watch Kemo’s reaction to everything she was saying. She could see the look of disbelief in his eyes and his want to run away from her. Hopefully she could bring the wolf’s trust back so that he wouldn’t hate her because she belonged to a pack that didn’t approve of wolves. She was not like her other pack members though. Most of them would probably want to chase anyone away from the borders. The dark princess perfered the warning approach and if the wolf did not listen, then he or she would pay for what they had done. It was the best way to keep the pack happy and safe from anyone who may try to invade.

Sepirah continued to lead the wolf around the Eternal Eclipse until they came to another clearing. The dark princess paused to listen to the sounds of nature. She could hear all the birds and leaves dancing in the wind. She paused when she heard Kemo ask where they were going. The jackal landed on her back gently and let her paws hang in the air. ”To be honest I have no idea where I’m going. I don’t come out here often so I don’t know this area very well.” She wagged her tail as she watched to see what the loner would do. ”Why don’t you take a seat and listen to nature with me?” The jackal had no idea what she was doing or why she was even doing it. She was a warrior, a bringer of death. She was not the peaceful jackal she was presenting herself as, but she had no idea why she was even doing it in the first place. She gave a heavy sigh before looking over to Kemo once more. ”Such a nice day isn’t it? The breeze feels wonderful.”

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC:

Kemo followed her for what seemed like hours, the surroundings not changing much, meaning she must be leading him further still into the forest. He had no idea where though, or where he was, but luckily his sense of smell and hearing could lead him to a nearby pack, or he could just follow their scent trail back to AniWaya's territory if he needed. The sounds of nature were lively today, telling him that the forest didn't sense anything was wrong, merely going about life as if this was just any other day. He trusted the forest, the tiny animals, birds, and even the trees could always tell if something was wrong or was going to be wrong soon. As soon as he realized this, he let his guard down a bit, though only a bit. Ever the cautious one, he would not let himself get too complacent in the darkness that was his life.

As she spoke, he did managed to pick up the subtle cues in her words, the sounds of the slight swishing of her tail, remembering she had used that very same tail to entice him to follow her by running it under his chin and across his nose. Kemo understood these signals, but was nevertheless very confused. What did this jackal want from him? Did she want him as a friend? As something more? Or did she merely see him as an enemy? It was difficult to truly tell the motives of any creature, especially a female. He chuckled mentally at that. "Sure, I'll sit with you and watch the sounds of the forest. But tell me Sepirah, are you really here to listen, or are you here to watch?" He smiled a bit at his riddle, wishing he could see the look on her face. He wasn't sure if that statement confused her, or if it even sank in at all. Who knows? Maybe he was reading into her signals too deeply.

The heavy sigh spurred him on and he sat with her, scooting gently closer to her so that he knew where she was by touch, and would know if she got up, whether in a rush or slowly. "The breeze not only feels wonderful, it helps me to figure out where I'm at, or if there's an obstacle in my path. My ears are extremely sensitive and along with my whiskers, I'm able to feel and hear the subtle sounds of air currents as they travel around objects. It's one of the things that keeps me alive and helps me to not slam into a tree or something. I bless the wind, for without it, life would be that much harder for me." He smiled, ending his speech with a sigh. "So tell me Sepirah, I'm dying to know. If your pack hates wolves so much, then why are you being so nice to me, when you know if your pack saw you so close to me it would surely anger them greatly." He looked in her direction, using her heartbeat as a guide to seek out her face.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Fae
[/html]
[html]

I miss you Kemo. WC: 525 {5 points}

Sepirah laid there and listened to the howling of the wind pass through her ears. Although not being one for nature, she began to feel content and at peace. Her mind was blanking and she was just letting the sounds dance around in her head. She could still smell the wolf in her presence, but for the moment she tried to have some time to herself. The birds were chirping away and the sun beamed down on the pair as the day passed on. The dark princess had to admit that the weather was rather nice today. On most days during the fall the weather was too cold for her liking. Today it was nice and warm. The sun was sharing its heat and allowed the wind to back off. Her lupus form spread across the land as she felt the grass tickling at her skin. The jackal paused for a moment and returned her golden gaze to the sky. The clouds floated in the sky as it kept its cool blue hue. The moon had yet to make its appearance, but she was keeping an eye out for it. The moon was a figure of beauty and one that the jackal loved to see shining in the night sky.

Sepirah was glad to see that Kemo accepted her offer and joined her for the moment she had before she decided to go back home. The dark princess paused as the blind wolf asked his question. There was that sense of doubt in him again. Just because her pack decided to place skulls on their borders didn’t mean that she was into that stuff. She only wanted to present the heads of her enemies that she killed in battle to defend the pack and their territory. She was not a savage who just wandered around killing everyone she saw. A small scowl crossed her lips as she prayed that the wolf would soon learn to keep his mouth shut.

The mood seemed to lighten up as he commented about the breeze being nice. She removed the scowl and replaced it with her smile. She was glad to see that he was backing off on the idea of Inferni and what he thought they were like. The dark princess closed her eyes as she waited for the moment to just pass. That sharp pang of annoyance returned when he once again asked about her and her pack. She growled lowly before rolling over and returning to a sitting position. Her eyes opened and narrowed to the wolf. ”You dare to make the mistake of having assumptions on my pack. We are a proud pack of coyotes and we defend our borders just as any other pack does. Not all those skulls are wolves and you’d best learn your place or you will have a reason to fear me!” She hissed before laying back down on her side, her back facing Kemo. She knew making an outburst like that was wrong, but she would defend her pack no matter how it was to be defended. Her ears folded down as she waited for him to say something.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC: I know you do, but I'm back for the moment, so here's a post for you ^^

The jackal seemed to be lost in thought for the moment, so he contented himself with listening to the sounds she had pointed out earlier. When she rolled over and stood, he looked in her direction, a polite smile on his muzzle as he expected something completely different from what he heard. His eyes opened wide, then narrowed in his anger. "Fear you? Learn my place? I'm sorry Sepirah. I fail to understand what I did to make you so angry, but I suppose you wouldn't really understand what it would be like on my end. You come out with your pack posts wolf skulls on their borders and what am I supposed to think? My place is with those I care about. I have no pack, so I have no ties to bear. I may not be a member of a pack around here, but that does not make me any lesser than anyone who is, including you."

He growled savagely and got up to stand a bit away from her, facing away from the sound of her heart. "Look, if you really think all I think is you and your pack are savages, you are mistaken. I'm just going by what you told me. Naturally, wolf skulls on borders, with me being a wolf, is going to raise up at least one red flag in my mind, couldn't you understand that?" He sighed heavily. "I apologize if I offended you and your pack, but my instincts are telling me one thing is for certain, your pack has a problem with wolves, I'm a wolf, therefore, your pack has a problem with me. So, by pack association, you have a problem with me as well. It's just my way of thinking."

He turned back to face her, "looking" her up and down. "Speak your mind, I have nothing but time. If you wish me to disappear, so be it."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Fae
[/html]
[html]

Sepirah is not happy. WC: 332 {3 points}

Sepirah was not pleased with Kemo’s reaction to her answer. She never expected him to raise his voice at her. As she listened to him carry on, she narrowed her eyes in annoyance and anger. If there was one thing that the dark princess wouldn’t take, it was someone raising her voice to them and arguing with her. She would just yell back or try to act like the better person to make her look like the more mature one. In this case, because there was no one around, she didn’t have to worry about acting like the more mature one. Her ears folded back down against her skull before she began to move closer to him. She wanted to just snap at his neck so that he couldn’t talk anymore, but she knew better than to attack anyone out at random, even if he was a wolf. She waited until the male was done ranting on her before she began to speak in her defense.

She pushed her front paw against his neck so he would have to wait before she was done talking before he was allowed to speak again. ”Listen here you stinking mutt! I understand wolves have a problem with the fact that we like to put skulls along our borders but that’s why I was warning you not to go there! I was trying to protect your ass but it seems you’d rather argue with me! Now you’re the one who needs to back off and look at the situation here!” The dark princess was done. She didn’t want anything else to do with this wolf and wanted him out of her sight. Seeing as that wasn’t likely to happen, it would have to be her to be the first one to leave. The jackal passed by the wolf and began to walk away. She didn’t even tell him she was leaving. She began to head back towards the Mudbloods borders, her ears still touching her head.

<style>
.sepi-b02 {background-color:#4C492D; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/Hogwarts/gifts/20 ... pigift.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:400px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #A8A369; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#A8A369; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC:

The whole time he was ranting, he was also listening. Her heartbeat gave her emotions away as it seemed to speed up and pound even harder in either anger or fear, and he had a hunch it was the former. He didn't need to think too hard after he finished his speech as she turned right back and gave her own and on top of that used her paw to cut him off, further proving his suspicions were correct. Her words cut an icy path through him, but he shrugged it off, determined to get his piece in before she left.

"Mutt? Mutt!? Sepirah, I was making my point, I wasn't arguing with you, but if you really want to leave, go. Go ahead and run. I haven't done anything to you, I haven't done anything to make you want to run away from me, but it's your choice, I'm not going to stop you." His heart told him to chase after her, to try and save their all ready strained friendship, but his mind made the final decision. "Fine then, go. Goodbye Sepirah, maybe in the future we'll talk again, but until then, take care of yourself." And with that, he turned and left, heading off toward Muggles. He couldn't wait to see Ralla again, someone who wouldn't just turn their back on him like Sepirah had done. With one last "look" back in Sepirah's direction, he disappeared out of sight, quite possibly for the last time in Sepirah's eyes.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Fae
[/html]
[html]

WC: 317 {3 points}

Sepirah was sick and tired of hearing the male’s voice even after she turned her back to him and began to head for home, though one sentence he said made her stop. Run away? She was not a coward and would stand and fight if she needed to. The dark princess quickly turned around and began to head back to the male, her eyes narrowed and teeth bared. She was not about to run home after a comment like that. The jackal moved right in front of the male’s face and quickly raised her front paws, aiming for his cheeks. She was not going to put up with his crap and would make sure she left a mark on him to remind him of the horrible mistake he just made. ”I’m done with you and I never want to see you again!” After she made her mark, whether it actually hit or not, she would then turn and take off running. She just wanted to get back home and forget about the whole thing.

Once she arrived back to the borders of her home, she paused and looked to the line of skulls. She knew this was why the wolves feared her pack and didn’t want to come near. She moved past the line of skulls and wanted to wish that what happened tonight was just a dream, however when Kemo made his statements, it was clear that she couldn’t be around him. Knowing how he was acting, he may turn on the pack, and there was no need to start a useless battle, but if worse comes to worst, then she would defend her pack to the end. Her ears folded down as she padded back home. She crawled into her cave and curled up near the back and by her blanket. She took the moment to think of her family before slipping away to sleep.

<style>
</style>[/html]