Just had to wander home
[html]

OOC: Hello there, my name is Thomas, and I've been given the opportunity to pick up Ascher here and start up some trouble fun. I hope that this thing here is not too awkward - if so, I'll correct whatever needs correcting! (slight powerplay has been okayed) P.S. sorry that I rambled.

Ascher Stormbringer: Born March 16th, 2010. Luperci. Male.
contact me at honesthomas@gmail.com for my MSN, or honesthomas for AIM. I have no other characters here, but Hana persuaded me to join.

IC

"So... why do I have to come back home, Father?" were the opening words to the last conversation Ascher was going to have with his father for a long time. Too long for the young Stormbringer to grasp the true depth of. Then again, he had not considered that same depth when he had left with Dreyrugr in the first place. Perhaps the idea of adventure had seemed more appealing then, but now the thought of leaving everyone else behind as the young wolf followed his father sent a shock of unease through his body. Of course the last thing Ascher wanted was to be separated from his parent, but finding a completely new home and leaving behind all the memories that had just started to form - both good and bad - was not the puppy's idea of a good action.

And that is what had brought Dreyrugr back with his son in tow, if only for the moment. His father explained to him that completely removing himself from Dahlia de Mai had to happen for him, but Ascher's life was just beginning here, and it was unfair to postpone it on his account. Father had realized that a little belatedly, but that was alright. Family here loved him and would accept him once again, but for now, and maybe even later (what did that really mean? Ascher had started scratching behind his ear at that statement, and he still couldn't get the whole picture).

Bringing his mind back to the present, Ascher looked at his father, and the grim visage that seemed etched onto his face. Granted, it could be the darkness of the approaching night, but sometimes sadness did not hide well. "I'm sorry, father. I didn't know that I wasn't ready to come with you," because Ascher knew that he had not been silent about missing family already. Only two weeks out of home and the young one was whining, that must be what his father had thought of him. But even as he thought that, father assured him that it had nothing to do with him being ready or not; it was all about what was best for Ascher. 'I need you to grow up strong, son. Grow up with your family, and love them,' father had said. Well, that was one thing he would do to his utmost, no matter what.
'Good luck son', was followed quickly by a calling howl that pierced the coming night. Ascher's reply to his father's parting comment was lost in that howl, so the "I love you, father. I'll make you proud," seemed a little hollow to Ascher. He watched his father's retreating form and then turned around to figure out where he was now, and who would respond to his father's call.

[/html]
[html]

That was a very good post Big Grin <3 It's nice to meet you (though we've spoken in PMs already!) and I hope you'll have fun roleplaying here at 'Souls. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Drey’s voice was recognized as it rung over the Dahlian lands, and so the alpha swiftly replied by tossing his muzzle towards the quickly darkening sky to announce that he was on his way. The trek from Wolfville and to the borders was longer than it could have been, but the Soul male had been about to retire for the evening. Those plans would have to be put on hold for now. He was curious as to what exactly the dark Stormbringer male was up to. He seemed to have a soul that could not easily be chained to a place. The caramel hued male could understand this, but he honestly disliked this kind of behaviour when there were children involved. Well, truth be told the Stormbringer puppies were not that small anymore, but it would no doubt create conflict within their hearts if their sire came back only to disappear again.

Although the adult travelled swiftly on all fours, it took a good half of an hour before he reached the outskirts of the lands and started to search for the presence waiting by the borders. In the end he found no Drey, but he found another face that he had not seen in a while. ”Ascher!” the young Alpha called out in mild surprise as he killed off the last distance between himself and the boy. ”It’s good to see you—where is your father?” The boy seemed to be on his own, and if Drey used Dahlia as a place to dump his kids, Conor would not look at him with approval the next time they were to meet.

<style>
.conor-z91 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.conor-z91 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.conor-z91 b {color:#E3B7EA; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.conor-z91 {background-color:#573450; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010j ... orgift.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:262px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #E3B7EA; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1B0C18; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.conor-z91-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>
Table by Siekone
[/html]
[html]
OOC: Why thank you. I hope to uphold the standards here, which are nicely high. Now, to fix up some communication that I didn't quite get right in the initial post. Much sorry to Jassy - Drey will not be a bad father!

IC:

As soon as Ascher turned his head back to the darkening lands of Dahlia and away from the diminishing form of his father he heard call responding to their presence. Granted, it seemed to come from a distance, but the call was clear and invoked an authority that assured the young wolf. He again looked back to see his father, but oddly enough, he had vanished. Given the fact that a dense forest lay off to Ashcer's side, perhaps father had darted off there. Maybe not, all Ascher knew was that he was alone right now.

Alone because he was not strong enough. Not enough to go with father. No matter how he assured him and rationalized it, Ascher was not able to accompany him; such a shortcoming hit the youngster like a blow. He could not fathom what was swirling around in his father's mind, so he had to substitute some sort of reasoning in its stead. And so the pup laid his head on his paws and mused silently. The time passed interminably, but the boy felt a set of eyes on him which he quested for in the darkness. He did not feel as if he were in danger - rather, more like he was simply being looked after. A small small seemed to creep onto Ascher's features as he imagined his father yet looking after him even though he had to be some distance away by now.

The almost yelp that came from in front of the brown and black puppy startled him out of his reverie. Standing now in front of him was... Conor Soul. Pack alpha, that was a good sign. He was a good sign. Standing up, Ascher tucked his tail down and kept his head low - he felt like interrupting Conor right before bed time (Ascher himself wanted to burrow in right about now, come to think of it) required the respect he had been learning lately. "Mr. Conor, hello, Ascher began. And then a yawn punctuated his speech, making the puppy look very much his age. Oblivious to that, Ascher continued, "Father told me that it was wrong to uproot me and make me go with him. So he brought me back here, where everyone else is. He said something about growing up with others. Maybe he'll come back, but I don't know. He didn't tell me." Suddenly thinking that this whole situation could be much deeper than Ascher knew how to perceive, he added, "You're not mad, are you?" The youngster looked a little worried when he said it; he did not want to make Conor mad.

Off in the distant trees, Dreyrugr nodded at Conor's arrival and with a heavy heart turned away from Dahlia de Mai once again.

[/html]
[html]

XD 300+

The boy had grown since the last time he had seen him. Face tilted ever so slightly to the side as lavender eyes investigated the young Stormbringer. Bris and Gideon would be overjoyed to see their sibling and nephew again. Conor was not less comforted by the boy’s reappearance, but the two were not bound by blood. White tipped tail waved behind his masculine form and he watched the youth’s yawn with a tranquil smile placed upon his lips. It was late and they both felt it. The boy had most likely spent the day traveling and the Alpha’s days were always full of things that had to be done. Shadows lingered under the young man’s eyes, though he did not know what it was that allowed the body to sink down into such exhaustion. Perhaps it was all about mentality, but at the moment Conor wallowed only in contentment, so he found no cause for his condition, and therefore no cure.

A nod was given as the young boy before him explained the situation. A caramel hued ear twisted to lean backwards to his cinnamon skull. The others? The Dahlian had hoped and believed that Saul and Shiloh were with their father as well, but Ascher seemed to be on his own. ”Was it only your father and you?” he asked softly, the smile withdrawing to make room for a more somber expression to fit the touch of seriousness in the conversation. Bris would worry sick, as Conor, when she found out that two of the children continued to be lost. At least Ascher seemed to be all right and was back, and that was what mattered right here and now. ”I’m not mad,” the male then quickly explained, eager to stress this point so that the young wolf wouldn’t feel bad about this. ”I will have a little talk with your father though, when he returns,” the Dahlian Alpha added coyly, one corner of his mouth curling upwards almost mischievously.

Turning slightly to gaze towards the deep woods of Dahlia de Mai, the adult allowed a deep inhale to result in a wary sigh. The trip back to Wolfville would not be too swift, and so he thought they should head of straight away. Obviously, Ascher would return to the house with Gideon, Bris and Conor. ”Ready to go home?” He dearly hoped that Ascher could continue to see this place as home, even if his father would not be there.

<style>
.conor-z91 {background-color:#573450; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010j ... orgift.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:262px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #E3B7EA; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1B0C18; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.conor-z91-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>
Table by Siekone
[/html]
[html]
OOC: Sorry about the late reply - won't be a regular thing. Also, Honey(Saul) came up with the idea concerning Saul and Shiloh.

IC:

Well, at least he had not made anyone angry. That was something good to put into the night. However, Conor's tone when he referred to Father had been heartening. Maybe he agreed with father in that Ascher was better off in one place than on the move. Hopefully Conor did not think that Ascher was too weak to be a part of his father's journey - wherever it was going to. The puppy shook the thought from his head visibly, and moved on in his serious contemplating.

Which was promptly interrupted with the question of going home. The thought of home spurred something in Ascher's memory that he had not considered for a while now. Maybe a whole day had gone by before he had thought about it. And to think that he had not opened with it, which got the wolf distracted once again. He nodded absentmindedly to Conor about getting moving, but as he started moving in his direction he also blurted out, "Is Saul and Shiloh there yet? Father said that they went home after a big storm scared them away. He looked for them, but they didn't even leave tracks, he said. He was really sad about it, but he did say that it was good that I was still with him." Ascher broke off there, thinking for a moment about the last portion of his news story. Maybe father would want him with him some other time, too. Maybe he would go and find Saul and Shiloh and have them go with him at certain times. That made sense to Ascher, so Conor had probably already figured that out.

But other things began nagging at him, but only one thing became vocal as Ascher started to travel down the path that Conor had come from, "How's Gideon? I haven't seen him for a long time." The idea of going home, hopefully to family, had excited the youngster, and he was nearly skipping in delight. The forest surrounding him brightened just slightly, and he thought that something good was going to happen very shortly. That would be a very good thing, considering how not-good the evening had started.

[/html]
[html]

Goodies Big Grin WELCOME (back, char) TO DAHLIA DE MAI! <3 I'll get you titled up ASAP.

The alpha had been worried for the Stormbringer siblings when they had left the lands. Drey seemed to be a loner by heart, and that was not an ideal thing if children became part of the picture. It was hard to be a single parent, especially if everything depended on that one adult alone. If anything happened to Drey, his children would suffer as well. At least Ascher was back now. He felt a slight touch of dread when the young adolescent asked for his missing siblings. There were no signs of concern on the caramel hued male though, for he wouldn’t want the young male worry more about things than he had to. Not now anyways. It was late and Ascher needed to settle in again. That was the number one priority now. ”They are not here yet, but I am certain that they will show up very soon,” the young Alpha announced confidentially, though he worried about the two missing siblings. They were older than they had been when they first had stumbled upon Dahlian territory, but they were still too young to be on their own in his opinion.

”Gideon is very well.” At least this was true. Gideon was doing wonderfully, and the Soul puppies that were under his care seemed content as well. With Conor and Bris’ guidance, Gideon would be a great guardian for the Alpha’s half siblings. It was so messed up, that entire thing. He cared extremely much about the two small balls of fur that seemed to have taken after their cruel sire’s unique colours of chocolate and cream. There was no doubt that they were related. ”He will be so happy to see you,” the male continued, keeping Gideon as a subject. It would indeed be pleasant for Giddy to discover that his brother had returned to Dahlia. The adult moved them, eager to find a stable pace so that they would get home in a respectable hour. Winter was slowly approaching and making the light days shorter and the dark nights longer.

<style>
</style>
Table by Siekone
[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Related, or to seek out a Mentor.