First Encounters
[I'm a bit new to this, so if I make any mistakes, please correct me. I need a luperci character to come in for Aquila to meet.]

The coyote curled himself up into a ball for the day, in the upper room of the old house. He slept for a good hour or so, before standing up and pacing for a few moments and lying back down. Being from the city, used to the large buildings he grew up in, the close, humid atmosphere did little to help him get to sleep. Maybe he shouldn't have left in the first place. Maybe....

No. He promised himself he wouldn't look back- There was nothing left there but dust and memories. He stood again and paced again, and padded toward the hole in the roof with a sigh. There was just nothing he could do to get to sleep, so he'd just head out to go hunting.

A few minutes later, he was abroad, padding through the woods with a determined look on his face. His current prey- An opossum that was rooting through a rotted log for grubs. The coyote crouched lower to the ground, and crept forward, inch by inch, concealing himself behind and under a small shrub that had taken over a portion of the wooded area.
[html]

I hope you don't mind if i post date this to october 10th? also, i hope you dont mind that i joined! Saul is Luperci... he just cant shift yet!

It had taken the little Stormbringer only a week to build up the courage to go exploring once more. He was nervous about leaving his family, nervous about getting lost and never finding Dahlia again. But he needed to go, needed to explore this land and see for himself what was going on. He was practical as he did it- thinking about scenarios such as an invasion where he would need to get his family to safety. He justified his wanderings by thinking about what he could do for his family. He was also rather seriously considering what he wanted to do with his life. Learning about the plants and their ability to heal him had sparked an interest in the six month old puppy that he simply couldnt ignore. But was that the path he wanted to take? Become an apothecary and then maybe a doctor. He could see himself going that way, having the knowledge to look after others and make sure his family were safe. But he didnt know if this was what he really wanted to do. And so like any half grown pup, he threw it from his mind and continued to romp in the grass.

His obvious skinniness was beginning to loosen- a few of his ribs were less prominant than they had been a few days ago. It was going to be slow, this recovery. He knew it before he even considered it. He couldnt just return home and suddenly everything would be better again. The thought that he had kept firmly to himself was that he wasnt sure he wanted to put back on all of that weight. He quite liked being skinny, but perhaps not this angled. His overlarge paws tripped him constantly, his too large head and ears looking comical from anyone elses point of veiw. He was a walking mess, but he was going to chance that. Tawny pelt rippled softly over his ribs and sticking out chest before he entered the shoreline side of the lands. He didnt take much notice of his surrondings, he didnt really care if there were lakes or houses. His nose had caught a strange scent and he was determined to find out what it was.

Away from his family, Saul felt a lifting of responsibility, even if it was just for a few hours while he explored some forbidden land. He didnt worry about them, didnt feel as though he needed to watch their steps to make sure they didnt get hurt. So instead. the butterflies that danced about his head were snapped at, his overlarge paws swiping at them and trying to catch them. His path was taking him further towards this strange smell, but he was laughing and playing at them same time. His emerald eyes were free of worry. As he grew closer, another odd scent assailed him. He had never met an opposum before and it puzzled him. Green eyes spotted the creature at the same time as a prowling figure entered the scene. Slicking his ears back for a heartbeat of a second, Saul backed away and watched as the weird wolf thing creapt up on its victim. Perhaps he could learn something here.

word count;; 537

<style type="text/css">
.saul-a02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#95b596;}
.saul-a02 i {font-weight:italic; color:#95b596;}
.saul-a02 ooc {padding:0px; font-size:10px;}
.saul-a02 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; font-size:12px;}
.saul-a02 {margin:0px auto; width:420px; background-color:#557941; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/345zadu.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 332px 0px; font-family:cambria; font-size:12px; color:#c0bd98; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[OOC: Sounds good to me.]

The coyote kept low to the ground as he slunk towards the rat-like creature. It picked its head up to gobble down one of the beetles it was eating when it spotted him. Aquila realised his chance and leapt foward, kickign all four feet below him for extra air. He'd snap his teeth on the ruff of the opossum's neck, and twist his body around in midair to slam his to- be food to the ground, hopefully snapping its neck in the process. Fortunately for the opossum , he missed by an inch or so, and by the time Aquila'd hit the ground, the creature was safely barrelling into the nearest crevice- the hollow of the log.

Aquila snarled and leapt atop the log, peering inside the hole. His food was long gone. Aquila wasn't one to lose his temper. he decided to keep looking, loping through the undergrowth. A gust of wind hit him, and he perked up. The smell of wolves was in the air. This was not good- Was he hunting on packland? He ducked underneath a tangled net of kudzu and headed toward the source of the scent, silent as a phantom.
[html]

okay, no worries!

Bright emerald eyes shone with wonderment as he watched the weird looking creature stalk its prey. It was so different to anything Saul had experianced- his technique was to jump in with the element of surprise. It rarely worked. In fact, he almost never caught his prey in this way. Wide eyes watched with a certain amount of caution. This creature was obviously of a small nature, but in his emaciated state he was nowhere near ready to defend himself. He would need to build his strength first before he took on anything like this. It was never his way, violence. He was a peaceful soul, a pacifist in almost every sense. But he did understand the need to know how to protect himself.

Concern dripped from his face as predator and prey slammed into the log. It was a shame- the rodent creature got away while the larger wolf-like thing tried to catch it. In the end, the sandy coloured creature backed away, obviously angry for his loss. For a moment, Saul wondered if it had been his fault. But he had stayed well out of sight, hadnt made a sound even. It couldn't possibly be his fault. Cinnamon-backed ears flattened as emerald eyes spied the creature coming towards him. Was he aggressive? Saul was not the type to run away, so he took a deep breath and puffed his chest out to make him look a little bigger. A calmness settled over him as he revealed himself from his hiding place. Emerald eyes shone and a small, tentative smile played his lips.

"A shame the log was in the way- it would have been a good kill."

He managed to sound articulated despite the slight lisp that still plagued him. This was probably his most structured sentence of the conversation and he was likely to slip back to his puppy speak soon. But it was better to make a good impression afterall. His whip-like tail flickered back and forward, showing friendliness and a willing to make friends. He knew nothing of this creature, not even what it was. But it seemed similar to himself, so maybe it was a subspecie. Curiosity took hold of him, and he allowed his head to twist to the side before he asked;

"What are you?"

word count;; 383

<style type="text/css">
.saul-a02 {margin:0px auto; width:420px; background-color:#557941; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/345zadu.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 332px 0px; font-family:cambria; font-size:12px; color:#c0bd98; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
The coyote ignored the pup's statement about his prey, and stood up straight, yellow eyes fixing on Saul. He flicked his tail once, and sat down, his head tilting as well.
"Only pup. What are you here for?"
His accent was thick, but hard to pinpoint. In reality, he rarely spoke, so the words were hard to bring. His parents died when he was very young, before he'd been split up with his pack, so he didn't learn english in its entirety. He was no savage, though.
"I am coyote. I am not intruding, yes?"
he sniffed again. Under the wolf's scent, there was only the smell of the forest. It occurred to him maybe the pup was straying from his packlands- as pups often do. He sniffed, and his eyes closed halfway.
"I can't deal with pup. Need to hunt."
He paced towards the pup, intending to pass him on his way to search for more prey. He had to eat tonight, if he was going to keep moving north. He hated the moisture here, and he wanted somewhere dry, more comfortable to someone like himself.
"You should go back to packland. Is dangerous here."
[html]

oh gosh I am sooo sorry for the wait! I'm a bad person, I know! Lol

He was an odd looking thing, this sandy coloured half-wolf. Saul was confused about exactly what he was. But he had arrived now and he looked worried, angry, distracted. For a moment the young male did not understand. But a grumble from his own stomach gave him the answer he needed. He was hungry, this half wolf. Saul's green eyes flashed up to catch the other creature's yellow and he was a little shocked when he sat down. He had seemed really anxious a moment ago, but now he sat. Still, the words that came from the creatures lips was oddly accented, a strange way of speaking that Saul was unsure of. Yes, he was just a pup but he had every right to be out here. If he was the type to get mad, he would have put this loner in its place. But he was the peaceful calm type, he didn't get angry about these kinds of things. So instead, he answered with a short; “Just wandering...

Cinnamon-backed ears perked up once again as the creature thing answered his rather rude question beforehand. What on earth was a coyote? And he had no idea if this coyote was trespassing. If he was, that would mean Saul was also trespassing. For a moment he considered it, but as he sniffed the air and paced around for a few moments, no scents reached him. As far as he could tell, they were in neutral land. With a soft shake of his head, Saul answered once more; “No, we're in neutral lands. No trespassing!” However, the tone changed as the coyote spoke once more. Despite his maturity, Saul was still a pup and the disappointment of nearly being dismissed awoke in him. He almost whined at the sandy coloured creature before he remember his manners. He waited for the coyote to finish speaking, telling him to go home before he spoke again.

Maybe I could help you? I don't want to go home yet.

He admitted, dipping his head and twisting it to look up at the coyote. He didn't want to go yet, and it appeared they were both hungry.

word count;; 360

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
Aquila stopped. The pup was behind him. He was relieved that he wasn't on packlands, but the fact that Saul wasn't listening to him was a bit annoying, but he decided not to berate a pack wolf. He breathed through his muzzle, thinking, and closed it.
"Okay. You know more of land."
He tipped his head forward, indicating for the young wolf to follow him. He didn't like pups, but he was aware that maybe good things would come of him watching the pup.
"Listen. You are quiet, you follow me. Okay? Quiet talk."
He trudged on through the undergrowth, checking over his shoulder every so often that the pup was keeping up. He stopped, and sniffed a small matted place in the fallen leaves.
"I smell rat," He whispered, "keep quiet. Be careful, not break stick."
He kept low to the ground. The place where the small creature had stopped to rest- He didn't know any other word than 'Rat' for them -was fairly fresh. He sniffed, and nudged his head through a small tuft of grass into the hollow of a tree. He jetted forward, and caught the rabbit, bringing it out by the nape of its neck before placing a paw on its torso, and closing his teeth around its neck.
"Ah. Good rat."
[html]

honey fails! sorry hun, I seem to be struggling with this thread! maybe its because Saul doesnt know how to act! haha

It was quite obvious that Saul was unsure of what to make of this male. If he was a male, Saul wasnt sure if every guy smelt the same, no matter what species. Green eyes watched as the coyote seemed to battle with something inside, taking a deep breath and releasing it through his muzzle. His disjointed, broken english came through again and Saul almost corrected him. This was the first time he'd been out here- he had no better idea of the land than this foreigner did. He was no help to the coyote, who still had no name in Saul's mind, but he wasnt going to say that. He could hunt and Saul wanted to know how to do it. If he admitted that he had no idea where anything was in this place, he would surely be sent away. So instead of admitting it, Saul let his head nod forward and a tentative smile to light up his features. The tip of the coyote's head was a universal symbol, for him to follow. He spoke again and Saul let his head nod again.

"Okay, I'm quiet..."

He whispered back as quietly as he could. As the coyote set off, Saul was on his heels instantly. There was no way he was getting away from him! Green eyes met yellow every time the small wolf-creature turned around to check he was still following. Each time, he would give a soft nod of his head and urge the male forward. He needed to find out his name so he could stop calling him 'the coyote' in his head. Saul was unprepared for the male's sudden stop however and had to stop hard to avoid hitting into his bum. He supressed a giggle as the male spoke again. For some reason, all of a sudden, the creatures broken english was hilarious. So when he told him to be quiet and not break any sticks, all Saul could do was nod his head and stay where he was, fighting giggles. The kill was swift and despite his laughing fit, Saul watched carefully as the coyote stalked forward and rushed the rabbit. Not a rat, it appeared.

"Thats a rabbit, not a rat! But well done for catching it. Whats your name?"

He spoke quickly, fighting the giggles with an iron clamp on his jaw. He didnt want to be rude and offend this creature, so he tried not to laugh in his face.

word count;; 412

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[Sorry I'm late. Complications with internet connection, and the fact that I've been on fall break, I couldn't reply. And it's perfectly fine- I'm very rusty with Feral RP. You seem to be doing great to me. :3]

Aquila snorted at the pup's snickering, licking the blood from his snout. He seemed not to care that his english was terrible, but the pup's stifled snickers seemed to make him relax.
"Is small, is rat. Is what I know."
He didn't sound annoyed, just adamant. He probably couldn't pronounce rabbit correctly anyway.
"Name? Is... Aquila."
He seemed to struggle with it for a moment, and then spat the word out.
"And you. You have name, too?"
He set to work cleaning the rabbit. The coyote sat up, hanging the rabbit from its legs with his teeth, blood dripping from its neck to the ground, staining the leaves a dark crimson. Once that was done, he'd set it down and begin to butcher the meat.
"I hear that Wolves in woods here are big, scary. But you are not, so I think it is fairy-tale. No wolf walk on two legs." He seemed to struggle for words throughout the whole sentence, which would probably bring full-on laughs, if it were not for the seriousness of his tone.
[html]

Its fine! I was wondering if we could finish this thread up? I have a lot of threads and since your internet might be limited, I figured it would be easier to finish soon?

Anyone else would have been outraged by the fact that a pup was laughing at him. Saul himself would have been fairly pissed if someone laughed at him. But this weird creature seemed to take mostly all of it into his stride. He didnt seem to care that he was being laughed at. And more importantly, he didnt care that his english was wrong. It seemed odd to Saul, who was usually so puncuate and articulate in his speaking. He was working to get the lisp of childhood out of his voice and it was working so far. With a chuckle and a roll of his shoulders, Saul let it go. If this creature wanted to believe that a rabbit was a rat, then so be it. There was nothing Saul was going to do about it, must less want to do about it. His tail flickered softly back and forward, trying hard to pinpoint the accent this creature was talking it. It would be difficult, seeing as Saul had experianced very little of the world. A smile crept over his lips as a name was spat at him. Aquila.

"Its nice to meet you Aquila. My name is Saul."

He replied simply. He was tempted to tack on his lack name, but it was completely meaningless to the coyote. He wouldnt have a clue about last names, nor would he be familair with any of the more powerful names his father had told him about. Green eyes shimmered softly as blood drained from the carcass into the leaves. The coyote, Aquila, could have eaten that blood, it would have nourished his muscles nicely. But intead he chose to drain it and butcher it. Saul wondered briefly if he was part of a strange religion that would not eat the blood of an animal. Or something along those lines. Still, it wasnt his place to question this coyote's eating practises. A soft smile slipped onto his muzzle at the mention of the wolves around here. Aquila apparently didnt believe in it. Saul almost wished he had the ability to shift right now, just to show him that it was true.

"Oh no. They're real. They stand on two legs and have thumbs. But most of them aren't scary at all. Just the same as when they stand on four legs. I'm one of them, a Luperci"

He announced with a proud smile on his face. He had no idea how Aquila would take this news. He seemed genuinely wary of the Luperci and Saul wondered if he'd made a big mistake by first supporting them and second owning up to being one of them. Then again, it wasnt his choice to be like this. And right now, he couldnt shift at all. Saul could only hope for the best.

word count;; 469

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[Yeah, we can finish it up. Just introduce him to a recognisable Luperci, that was the whole intention of this RP.]

It was Aquila's turn to try to stifle his laughter. He dug a small hole in the leaves and dropped the rabbit, and began to chuckle.
"Saul... You are no monster-wolf. You are not bigger than me. I am small."
He chuckled, kicking the dirt over the rabbit's blood. He was, in fact, part of a religion that believed that the soul was in the blood. TO drink blood was to become a monster, to steal another creature's soul. It was punishable by death.
In fact, that's what the superstition about Luperci was.
He shook hs head again. "You want 'rrah-beet'? Come get a piece."
[Sorry. I have to go, probably won't be online for a while.]
[html]

It was lovely threading with you Possum deary! We shall do this again some time! You can reply once more if you want, but Saul has left the area! lol

Saul watched with an odd sort of curiosity as the nimble paws of the coyote, Aquila, in front of him dug a whole in the soil. Saul himself had never been religious, in fact he had no idea what religion was and what one was expected to do. But he knew that a few of the things this coyote did were not normal. The rabbit was pale and lifeless, dead beyound doubt. But the pale glaze to its skin would only come from completely draining its blood. Saul wondered what this coyote was doing, not for the first time. However, he noticed the tight lips and the amusement in Aquila's eyes and realised that the male was doing exactly what he himself had done just moments before- stifling a laugh. Shaking his head, Saul fixed him a glare of sorts.

"I'll show you one day, Aquila! I just have to get old enough first!"

Despite his glaring, a soft grin slipped over his muzzle. He found that he quite liked the not-wolf. Green eyes narrowed once more as those nimble sandy paws began to kick up the dirt, covering the blood that had been there moments before. He could still smell the irony sweetness the blood tasted like, but the dirt masked it almost completely. It was gone completely. Taking a soft snuffle at the earth, Saul could no longer locate the exact place where it had been spilled. He imagined it was a good trick to learn- to cover all of your tracks, including the food you ate. He was offered a bit of the food, of which the coyote even tried to name properly. A grin slipped over his muzzle and he nodded at Aquila's improved english. However, he really needed to get home. He hadnt meant to be gone so long, and he knew his Aunt Bris would be worried about him.

"Thank you for the offer, but I have to go home now. I hope we meet again, Aquila."

He said, dipping his head in a soft recognition that he liked the coyote and genuinely wished to meet again. Perhaps next time, Saul would be able to shift and he would show the coyote exactly how scary the Luperci were. With a soft chuckle and the flick of his tail, Saul turned and began with a slow trot. He had almost reached out of earshot when he turned back and regarded the small figure in the distance for a moment. He shouted back one word, before heading for home.

"BYE"

-saul exits-

word count;; 424

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]