Nothing Old, Everything New
[html]

Sorry for taking longer to start than I wanted to. Internet connection is hit-or-miss at my house.

Word of the day and 300+

The blue-gray wolfess decided to try something new today: leave Magic alone in the Crimson Dreams territory. She knew the members of the pack sometimes went outside of the borders, and as much as Pixie loved her horse, she longed to wander by herself occasionally. Knowing she wasn’t going to get that opportunity if Magic wasn’t comfortable being by himself in their new home, she thought she would start getting him used to the idea. She had ordered the chestnut stallion follow her until they reached the cottage where there were always a few goats hanging out, and ordered him to stay. At first, he had been temperamental, but after some persuading and reassurance that yes, indeed, Pixie was coming back, Magic had calmed down and started eating away at the branches of the trees that surrounded the little house.

And so she quietly slipped away in her optime form, her guitar in one hand and her satchel on her back, carrying her lesson book and berries she had picked the day before. Pixie had been traveling north all morning until she reached the land known as Ethereal Eclipse. The dense forest made Pixie a little uncomfortable, but she relaxed when she found a crack of sunlight next to a bubbling stream. Setting her satchel and guitar down, she heaved some stones from the water onto dry land to create a makeshift seat. After a few minutes, she was satisfied with her bricolage and proceeded to put it to use, sitting down and plucking each string, making sure each one was tuned. As she was tuning, she glanced around, wondering how any place could be so quiet and seemingly devoid of other creatures. It was haunting, and part of her liked that, but it also made the fur rise on the back of her neck.

<style>
.pixie-z91 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.pixie-z91 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.pixie-z91 b {color:#bfb726; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.pixie-z91 {background-color:#bde7f7; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/2ponqxj.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 268px 0px; border:1px solid #bfb726; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#382f0e; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.pixie-z91-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait, I can't believe I didn't see this! D: Can we backdate this to maybe the 9th, though? I have a thread for this day. ^^"

It was another day, another day in the life of Souls. Skye was feeling rather happy; it had been weeks since she'd seen Shaw, and it was only a matter of time before she could see him again. She hoped he'd collected members for the new pack; the idea was so adventurous to her, so much more than anything she'd ever written or done...and the notes that he'd played while she met him astounded her even more.

Suddenly, she stopped in her tracks; she heard a noise. Not the small noise of the bubbling stream nearby, nor the noise of the forest rustling with the wind. It was music.

The notes were lower and more detached than Shaw's; but they had a low echo to them that Skye rather liked. Turning towards the noise, she poked her head through the bushes. There, sitting down, was a young wolf; she had a soft gray color to her fur, but at the top of her head, red spikes made up poised hair. Her eyes were a shocking purple, and in her hands was a guitar.

Thinking it rude to spy, Skye stepped out. Her faded pink t-shirt and her baggy blue pants were covered in leaves, but otherwise clean; as was her hair. She smiled, hoping for a good first impression. "Hello," she said. "I like your guitar."

<style type="text/css">
.beachTable b {font-weight:bold; color:#FFD08B; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.beachTable i {font-style:italic; color:#FFD08B; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.beachooc { font-style:italic; color:#FFD08B; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:center; }
.beachTable p {text-indent:0px; padding:3px 30px; margin:0px;}
.beachTable {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#C19E70; background-image:url(http://i30.tinypic.com/5xth1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #FFD08B; padding: 220px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#3C575A; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
.beachTable-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #3C575A; margin:0 auto; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

It's alright. I was going to remind you if the thread went onto the next page. xD And I backdated it, don't worry.

300+

She was so focused with tuning her guitar that she at first didn’t notice the wolf that stepped out from the depths of the forest. It was only when she was finished tuning and looked up that she noticed the stranger. The first things Pixie noticed were the colors: cream fur, red-brown hair, brown eyes, pink and blue clothing, dusty green leaves fading into the reds, yellows, and browns of autumn. She was like a palette of colors, this wolf, and it made Pixie curious as to where she was from. The young woman—she seemed to be less than a year old—didn’t carry the scent of Crimson Dreams or any of the other packs. In fact, Pixie confirmed with a quick sniff that she hadn’t been around any other wolves recently. Perhaps she was a loner, like Pixie herself was not too long ago.

Hello,” she greeted cheerfully, lengthening her vowels as though she were singing. When the stranger complimented her guitar, she felt herself blush under her fur; her guitar was like her child, an actual part of her soul, and so she swelled with pride whenever someone voiced their liking of it. “Thanks…it’s seen better days, but it’s still got some life in its strings.” She plucked each string and listened to the notes—E, A, D, G, B, E—letting each one fill the air for a second before she plucked the next one. Then she strummed them all at once, lightly and quickly, her left hand (her stronger one) a blur as she effortlessly made the notes blend together to create one beautiful sound.

I’m Pixie Frost,” she introduced herself, extending her opposite hand to shake the other wolf’s. “I’m from Crimson Dreams, the pack by Rabbit Lake. Do you live around here?” At this point, she was pretty sure the stranger wasn’t part of a pack, but she wanted to know if the wolfess lived around Ethereal Eclipse or was just passing through.

<style>
.pixie-z91 {background-color:#bde7f7; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/2ponqxj.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 268px 0px; border:1px solid #bfb726; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#382f0e; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.pixie-z91-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

~ Lalala ~

"Hello," the wolf said, and Skye noted that her voice was soft and melodic - like she spoke in a mixture of singing and speaking to go with her beautiful instrument. “Thanks…it’s seen better days, but it’s still got some life in its strings." The wolf then strummed the instrument - individually at first, so the notes echoed out into the forest with a low, natural sound, and then all together, when the notes blended together in a gradient of beautiful music. Skye loved that sound, the sound that the guitar made; it seemed so natural, so part of earth, but yet part of another, beautiful world; the world of music. She looked at the guitar with longing; longing to understand how to perform such wonderful sounds.

“I’m Pixie Frost,” Pixie said, reaching out her hand to shake Skye's. “I’m from Crimson Dreams, the pack by Rabbit Lake. Do you live around here?”

Skye took Pixie's hand and shook it, feeling happy that she'd finally met another wolf. "I'm Skye Collins," she said, lowering her hand back to her side. "It's nice to meet you." She considered Pixie's question; at the moment, Skye was wandering...had no home, at least not yet. "I've been staying around here for a while," she said carefully, "but I don't really live here. I sort of wander." She paused, but didn't want Pixie to think she was a rogue or just a wanderer; she wouldn't be that way for long, hopefully. "A friend and I are going to try to make a pack soon, though," she said, a small glow of pride accompanying the words. This wolf already had a pack, so Skye wasn't about to try to make the wolf leave her pack and join theirs; but she was excited about the new pack she and Shaw may make and wanted to share the news with someone.

<style>
.grasshop .ooc {font-style:italic;}
.grasshop p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.grasshop b {color:#6A7258; letter-spacing:-.2px; font-weight:bold;}
.grasshop {background-color:#D6F4BA; background-image:url(http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/5953/avataruh.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #F8F8EA; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#828B6B; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; width:317px; text-align:justify; }
.grasshop-border {width:319px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.grasshop .separator{width:275px; border-bottom:1px dashed #828B6B; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

300+

Pixie noticed the wolfess’s liking towards the guitar and smiled. She loved how art, especially music, could bring people from different backgrounds and lifestyles together with one passion. Even Magic liked it whenever she played the guitar; if he was in earshot when she plucked a string, he would lift his head and trot over to her, then quietly listen as she practiced chords or played a whole song. It was a beautiful feeling, whenever she made someone happy with her music.

Skye,” she repeated, shaking her hand and then resting it back on her guitar. “That’s a nice name.” When she said it, the blue-gray wolfess imagined a blue sky with clouds of all sorts of shapes and birds of all different sizes. It was a musical name, one that might appear in a song. Then again, any name could appear in a song and sound nice as long as you sang it with meaning. And Collins…Pixie had never heard of a family named Collins. She hadn’t really heard of any family names until she joined Crimson Dreams. The name Frost was her own creation; she had given herself the moniker after the same incident in which her stallion’s name appeared on her hand.

I don’t really live here. I sort of wander. So she was a wanderer, just like Pixie and her horse had been. But then Skye mentioned that she was starting a pack with a friend. “Oh, you are?” she asked. “What kind of pack? Are you going to live around here?” Pixie was curious, but (at least for now) not interested in joining. New packs were usually risky to join; the hierarchy and territories weren’t properly established, there were often not a lot of members…nevertheless, she wanted to know about this pack, for the purpose of informing the rest of Crimson Dreams and also because she was simply intrigued by the idea.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

“Oh, you are? What kind of pack? Are you going to live around here?”

Skye was delighted that this new wolf was interested in her and Shaw's pack. It seemed like it had been forever since she and Shaw talked, and she hadn't seen another wolf or coyote since. It was nice to converse with someone else, and especially nice for her to be interested in what Skye was interested in as well. She grinned and answered the questions;

"It's called Cercatori d'Arte; it means 'Seekers of Art'," Skye began. "It's all about learning about and creating art; Shaw, the leader, plays a flute, I write, and there are going to be several other members interested in art, too," she said. She grinned, excited at the prospect of the new pack all over again; it would be something great, something she'd be a part of just as much as any other wolf. "Yes," Skye said in answering to Pixie's question about whether or not it'd be around here. "It's going to be right around here, in Ethereal Eclipse. It might be a little dark, but there are some beaches not too far from here that provide plenty of sun."

Skye was excited to meet the other wolves that'd be in the pack; and although she knew Pixie wouldn't be in the pack, not if she was already in another one, she was glad that she was making friends in the area of Souls. This feeling was so much different than the feeling of hopelessness and terror when she'd first almost trespassed on Inferni; it was a feeling of belonging, and Skye loved it.

<style>
.grasshop p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.grasshop b {color:#6A7258; letter-spacing:-.2px; font-weight:bold}
.grasshop {background-color:#D6F4BA; background-image:url(http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/5953/avataruh.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #F8F8EA; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#828B6B; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; width:317px; text-align:justify; }
.grasshop .separator{width:275px; border-bottom:1px dashed #828B6B; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word of the Day

Pixie’s ears perked up when she heard the word “art.” It definitely sounded like her kind of pack; artists, musicians, writers…it was almost as if her very essence had been rolled into one pack. If it hadn’t been for the fact that she had recently joined another pack, she would have probably joined Cercatori d’Arte.

I write songs and can play them on my guitar,” she said. “If things ever get bad in Crimson Dreams, your pack sounds like a nice place.” The blue-gray wolf chuckled, then added, “At least, I hope you don’t mind if I visit every now and then. I’ve never really talked to other musicians and writers, and I definitely would like to learn some art.

At Skye’s mention of where the new pack’s location would be, Pixie nodded. “So then it won’t be that far away from Crimson Dreams. I can get here in a flash riding on my horse; the only reason I didn’t bring him out here today is so he can get used to being on his own.” Her eyes brightened at the mention of her stallion, and she felt a pang in her stomach from being away from him. But leaving Magic in Crimson Dreams territory was for her benefit as well; like the chestnut, she needed to make new friends, perhaps some that were the same species as her.

Then she realized the pain in her stomach was also from hunger. Opening up her satchel, she found the berries she had packed and popped a few into her mouth. “Want some?” She held out a bunch of them, offering Skye the viand.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

“I write songs and can play them on my guitar. If things ever get bad in Crimson Dreams, your pack sounds like a nice place.”

The wolf then chuckled at her own joke, and Skye laughed as well. She was glad Pixie wasn't offended by the idea of another pack; she knew not all wolves were as territorial as Inferni had seemed, but she was slightly afraid that this new wolf would take the new pack badly. But she was happy that she was interested, and also happy that she turned it into a joke. She laughed appreciatively.

“At least, I hope you don’t mind if I visit every now and then. I’ve never really talked to other musicians and writers, and I definitely would like to learn some art.”

"Oh, I wouldn't mind at all!" Skye said. She wasn't sure about Shaw, but she thought he wouldn't mind; after all, the point of the pack was to create art and share it with others. He had even said so himself! "That'd be great, Pixie! Maybe you could even teach me how to play. I really love the sound of that guitar," she added. Perhaps she could find someone that had a spare guitar - there had to be some somewhere - and learn to play it. The sound, the deep, lovely echoing sound, hit her like nothing had before. It as beautiful.

She nodded at her offer of berries. "Thank you!" she exclaimed, taking a few of the berries and popping them in her mouth. They were sweet, like the ones she'd had in the backyard at home - she dug one of her berries into her pocket, planning to plant one later, perhaps even in the territory of Cercatori d'Arte. One could never have enough sources of food!

"That was delicious," she said, smiling at her new friend. She then thought back to what she'd said about a horse. A horse...she'd read about them, but never had seen one in person. "I've never seen a horse before," she said. "I've only seen pictures of them in books. What are they like?" Although Skye'd read about horses, she had never really read what they were like - only stories about how a human and her horse rode off together, usually got separated, then got back together again. Such stories were nice, but Skye wanted to know what a horse was really like. What if the stories were wrong?

<style>
.grasshop p {padding:0px 10px 5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.grasshop b {color:#6A7258; letter-spacing:-.2px; font-weight:bold}
</style>[/html]
[html]

300+

The violet-eyed woman had never fully understood why people took a liking to the sound of her own guitar, which she estimated was about as old as her great-grandfather, but she still beamed with pride at the compliment. “I can totally teach you guitar,” she said, smiling mischievously, “if you don’t mind teaching me how to read. You said you write, right? Well, I can’t understand a word of human literature, which has slowed down my own learning of how to play. Maybe I could visit this pack you’re forming about once a month, or you can visit mine—I’ll tell Savina and Anu that you’re a friend—and we can teach each other. Deal?” She stuck out her hand once more, waiting for Skye shake on it. The idea seemed even better the more she thought about it, and she hoped the other she-wolf would agree to it.

You’re welcome,” she replied, not hungry enough yet to eat any herself. Besides, she had eaten berries just as much as she ate meat while she was traveling, and sometimes they were the only thing she could eat when times got tough. None of them were quite as enjoyable to her as they were when she was younger.

At Skye’s obvious curiosity of her horse, Pixie frowned a little. She had yet to meet any canines around these parts that actually rode like her. But she knew there were other horses around here somewhere; she had seen hoof prints, dung, and places where grass and leaves had been chomped at. “My own horse, Magic, is a stallion—a male. He’s pretty tall, taller than me, though I’m pretty short for a Luperci myself and he’s tall for a horse. Anyways, he’s a chestnut—he’s a caramel brown with a reddish mane, and a few white spots.” Snickering, she added, “He’s a complete show-off. He does this fancy, high-stepping jog with his head and neck raised, as if he didn’t look tall enough.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Grinning, Skye clasped the other's hand and shook it. This was great - a teaching exchange, sort of. She would gladly go into Pixie's packlands to teach her how to read and write - after all, her pack seemed more friendly than the skull-lined borders of Inferni and their seemingly hostile ways. Letting her hand fall to her side once more, she thought to herself how great it would be.

Skye's smile faltered as the other girl frowned a bit. What was wrong? Was she perhaps disappointed that she didn't know about horses? Skye understood. Whenever she found that someone didn't know of books, she felt the same sadness - and the same urge to teach others how to do what she did.

Skye smiled at the description of her horse's antics. She could just imagine one of the wild beasts romping around with its head high and its mane shaking in the wind. She giggled and spoke; "It must be fun to ride him. Are there other horses in Crimson Dreams?" She wasn't sure if horses were social animals or not, but if they were, it made sense to have more horses around if there were one. And it seemed that horses could run pretty fast if they put their mind to it; someone could travel farther and faster by horse than on foot.

<style type="text/css">
.skyebook2 .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:12px; padding-left:45px; padding-right:40px; color:#000000}
.skyebook2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 1px 1px 1px; margin:0px;}
.skyebook2 .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:12px; padding-left:50px; padding-right:50px; color:#79341c}
.skyebook2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#a2630a; letter-spacing:1px; }
.skyebook2 {margin:0 auto; width:350px; background-image:url(http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/800/skyemid2.png); background-position:center; background-repeat:repeat; padding: 1px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: cambria, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

Le muse is gone Sad

Pixie shook her hand and grinned along with her. Now she would be able to read and write, and not have to decipher the diagrams in her handbook or doodle to remember songs and poems. And in turn, she could pass on her knowledge of guitar playing to Skye and possibly other members of Crimson Dreams and Cercatori D’Arte. She had never made this kind of deal or friendship with anyone, and it gave her an uplifting feeling. Maybe pack life wouldn’t be so difficult to adjust to after all, after living on her own for so long. “So, how often would you like to meet?” she asked the other wolfess. “I think once a month would be good, but if that doesn’t work, I’m open for anything. And maybe we could alternate between who travels to the other’s pack each time.

Running her fingers through her spiked hair, she let out a short laugh. “Ha, it’s definitely fun. Definitely a challenge—it’s like riding the wind. I learn something new every day.” Pixie strummed her guitar a few times before answering Skye’s question. “Not that I know of. I was thinking that, if any of the other wolves in my pack say they want to learn how to ride, I’ll see if there’s anyone in the other packs who’s willing to trade a horse for something. If not, I could just teach them how to ride on Magic, but it would be better if they had their own horse.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
eek! sorry for short post! xD

"Yeah, once a month would be great! That'd be enough time for me to get new books from the library in Halifax as well as enough time so we don't annoy the leaders with it," she said, giggling at the thought of Shawchert being angry at Pixie going into Cercatori d'Arte territory too much. Of course, he wouldn't - he was such a laid back wolf. And since Skye was also a leader of the pack, she wouldn't get angry either, of course! But she didn't want the leaders of Crimson Dreams to get angry, so she agreed to the once-a-month plan.

"That'd be pretty cool," Skye admitted, thinking about the idea of a horse riding ranch. "You could offer riding lessons, and get paid in...I don't know...guitars," she finished, laughing. The thought of hoarding hundreds and hundreds of guitars for teaching other people how to ride horses was quite funny to her. "Wanna ride a horse? One guitar please!" Skye snickered at her own joke' if she knew something valuable like riding horses to teach other people, she would probably charge something more...practical. Like pelts from deer or berries to plant. But you only ever needed one guitar!

<style type="text/css">
.skyeforest b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #2F3C17;}
.skyeforestooc {text-align:right;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 10px 5px 10px;}
.skyeforest p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.skyeforest {margin:0 auto; width:397px; background-color:#4E6617; background-image:url(http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/6222/avatarho.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #C8FF87; padding: 10px 0px 270px 0px; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#C8FF87; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
.skyeforest-border {width:399px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Bleh, mine is short, too. Think this is almost done?

Pixie tilted her head in curiosity. “What’s a library? And where’s Halifax? Is that a town around here?” She still didn’t know every tree and bush in the Souls territory, and Crimson Dreams wasn’t particularly close to whatever this Halifax place was—at least, she had never heard of Halifax before from her fellow pack members. And whatever a library was, she hoped there were plenty of books in it.

I don’t think I’d offer riding lessons myself,” said the blue-gray wolfess dryly. “If someone wanted to learn how to ride, they could come find me, but I’m way too self-centered to try to set up a business for it.” She was about to say she was a horrible teacher, but didn’t in case she would discourage Skye, even if she was only joking. The truth was, she had never taught anyone anything. “Besides, I’m fine with just one guitar.” Nevertheless, she smiled at Skye’s joke, happy that the other woman didn’t think she had to be uptight because she was a leader.

She got to her feet and swung her guitar around on her back, her violet eyes glancing around the forest before focusing back on Skye. “I’ll see you in a month, I suppose,” she said, holding her hand out once more.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
sorry for the blah post xD but yup! it was nice rping with you! : D

“What’s a library? And where’s Halifax? Is that a town around here?”

"Yes," Skye said. "It's near Phoenix Valley's pack - or, at least, I think that's what it's called. A library is a big collection of books - and the Halifax library has a lot!" She remembered when she first went there - stories and stories of books, and a mysterious black cat that had slunk around in the shadows. It was full of books, and Skye was sure she'd be able to find one she and Pixie would like to read.

Skye smiled when Pixie said she was fine with one guitar and shook her hand yet again. She nodded. "See you in a month," she said, and began to walk away. She turned and waved once, and then once again set out to find the area that she and Shaw had decided on to meet and create the new pack, Cercatori d'Arte.

<style type="text/css">
.skyeforest b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #2F3C17;}
.skyeforestooc {text-align:right;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 10px 5px 10px;}
.skyeforest p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.skyeforest {margin:0 auto; width:397px; background-color:#4E6617; background-image:url(http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/6222/avatarho.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #C8FF87; padding: 10px 0px 270px 0px; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#C8FF87; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
.skyeforest-border {width:399px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
</style>[/html]