lost without reason
[html]
ooc;; 11.10.10 for Skye deary!

His first week at Wolfville had been exceptionally busy. There was rarely a moment where he hadnt met anyone, and in fact he had managed to meet someone every day since arriving here. It was like a whirlwind had caught the young Stormbringer and flung him in the direction of others, as if to make himself known. Still, he was having a nice time meeting people and growing in strength. He had met Lolita yesterday in the vineyards. She seemed nice, although his behaviour could have been better. He had not seen Ascher since they had been reunited in Flanders Field a few days ago, but that was understandable. They were off, doing their own things and meeting new people. Saul was becoming increasingly worried however about Gideon. Saul had been back almost a week now and he had not seen his younger brother once. He wondered if his darker sibling was still around Dahlia De Mai. If he wasn't, Saul wondered where on earth he was.

This was the objective for this excursion. Find Gideon, and maybe even look for Shiloh. Like a shepherd trying desperatly to gather his sheep, Saul searched for his brother and sister. He was having no luck in the main terratories of Dahlia, Saul had extended his search to the outer parts. He knew that within Flanders Field lay the overgrowth, but he was more interested in the small lake that was mostly shared. The northeast section of this lake was Dahlia terratory, and this was where the tawny male headed. He wondered if his brother was there, whether Shiloh had made it back to Dahlia yet. He was sourly disappointed when he arrived and found no one.

Small, thin body flopped down onto the ground on the shores of the lake. He thought briefly about his bath in the river this morning, how it would have been nice to bathe here. But he gave up on these thoughts. He lay his weird shaped head down on his overly large paws and gave a soft whine before staring off into the distance with a classical puppy dog look. He was rather upset now that he had not found his flock.

word count;; 366

"speech" "speech"

[/html]
[html]

He is in Lupus, yus? And sorry for the delay! -facepalm-

Skye was excited. She'd been walking for a while, and decided to stop in the middle of Ethereal Eclipse for a rest. Today was the day she and Shaw would make Cercatori d'Arte - she assumed he wasn't there yet, though. It was early in the morning. So she continued to walk slowly towards it, taking her time and feeling a rising, wonderful feeling in her chest.

Suddenly, a scent reached her nose - puppy? She glanced around and saw, through the cracks in the trees, a small wolf lay in the grass by the lake, his head on his large paws. He wasn't a puppy - at least not anymore - but he still was an adolescent, a little younger than Skye herself. She looked down at her own body - a loose pink T-shirt and baggy blue pants hid her more developed female traits, but she looked less like a puppy and more like an adult more and more. In fact, next to Shaw, one could hardly tell the difference - Skye was growing, that was sure.

She stepped through the trees and smiled at the puppy. He smelled of lots of other wolves - perhaps he was part of one of the other packs in the area?

<style>
.grasshop .ooc {font-style:italic;}
.grasshop p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.grasshop b {color:#6A7258; letter-spacing:-.2px; font-weight:bold}
.grasshop {background-color:#D6F4BA; background-image:url(http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/5953/avataruh.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #F8F8EA; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#828B6B; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; width:317px; text-align:justify; }
.grasshop-border {width:319px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.grasshop .separator{width:275px; border-bottom:1px dashed #828B6B; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
ooc;; no worries sunny dear

It was disappointing to come up here and find nothing. He had been back a while now and it seemed odd that he hadnt seen his brother. Gideon was such a huge personality that Saul had expected him to be bouncing around Dahlia de Mai all the time. But apparently his brother had changed a lot since Saul had left with his father. He hadnt heard a single thing from his brother, and the only news he'd had off of anyone was from Aunt Bris, who had said that Gideon would be pleased to see him, and Nayru, who'd said mostly the same thing. As of yet, he had seen neither hide nor hair of his darker brother and it was beginning to worry him. Soon he would make a systematic search of Dahlia and find out which hole his brother was hiding in. Until then, he would miss his favourite brother almost as much as when he had been lost.

That just left Shiloh to find. Saul thought that perhaps after teir father had dropped Ascher off at the borders, he had returned and found their dearly lost sister. It was apparent that Ascher had arrived alone and therefore confirmed the thoughts that Shiloh was on her own. He worried for his sister- she wasnt made of the same stuff as he brothers. She was prissy and stuck up- she hated most things. Saul wondered how well she would survive in the wild on her own. He prayed that their father would find her and bring her home. A sigh lifted his thin body for a moment, and it bought with it the cloying scent of another wolf.

Saul leapt around, body twisting as he tried to get up faster than his brain could catch up with. Green eyes connected with the pale form of another wolf. The scent she carried told two things- the fact that she was female and the fact that she belonged to no pack. She smelt of a singular wolf, that being her. She was a loner. Despite her calm and serene expression, Saul was unwilling to let his hackles down. He had met many loners in his two months alone, and they were rarely kind to him. A pout suckered his lips as his green eyes cast critical looks over her way.

"Who are you?"

He asked, his voice barely above a whisper. Despite his pacifist nature, he had been outed by too many lone wolves to extend his usual peace and calm to this one. Once she made her intentions known, Saul had every intention of being nice and relaxed around her. But until then, his hackles remained up and his eyes remained wary. This was totally out of character for the young male, but he could never be too careful.

word count;; 469

"speech" "speech"

[/html]
[html]

Ohdear, Skye's not heading off to a good start. xD Ah, puberty.

"Who are you?"

The young wolf's hackles were raised, and he seemed very defensive for some reason. But Skye, for all her purposes, wasn't very afraid - this wolf was very young, and she had been feeling rather...different lately. She didn't know why the feeling came; lately she'd been swinging from a happy mood to an adventurous one to an angry one to a sad one without any other reason. It was strange to her - new. But now, a feeling bubbled up in her chest, and she couldn't resist it.

She burst out laughing.

Oh, no! she thought as she tried to control her giggles. She had no idea what she found so funny - this little wolf was trying to protect himself in case she was someone who wasn't very nice, and that wasn't to be laughed at. But she couldn't help it - something just struck her as funny, and she fought the laughs as they poured out of her mouth.

Finally, she got herself under control and shook her head. What a first impression! "Oh, I'm sorry," she said, "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to laugh, I wasn't laughing at you..." Oh, no..this wasn't what she wanted at all. The giggles were gone now, replaced by worry that the wolf might think she was weird or laughing at her. After a few awkward moments of silence, she answered his question; "Uh...I'm...I'm Skye."

<style>
.grasshop .ooc {font-style:italic;}
.grasshop p {padding:0px 10px 5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.grasshop b {color:#6A7258; letter-spacing:-.2px; font-weight:bold}
.grasshop {background-color:#D6F4BA; background-image:url(http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/5953/avataruh.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #F8F8EA; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#828B6B; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; width:317px; text-align:justify; }
.grasshop-border {width:319px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.grasshop .separator{width:275px; border-bottom:1px dashed #828B6B; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
ooc;; its fine, I understand!

Saul was not an aggressive creature, but even the most passive animal would strike out when backed into a corner. True, the female who had entered into the clearing just shy of Dahlia's borders would have had to push him far away from the borders in order for him to be cornered. He would step over that boundary and run home faster than she could blink, then Conor and Bris would be on her back before she could even follow him. So in all truths, he was in very little danger. But his two months alone with just him and a bunch of nomadic loners he occasionally passed on his journeys had ingrained into him that they were not to be trusted. It was for this reason, and this reason alone, that Saul remained in a threatening position, hackles raised, ears erect, tail higher than hers. He may have been younger, but he belonged to a pack and therefore was automatically higher status that her.

However, the sound that came from the pale loner in front of him was something Saul was shocked to hear. His ears had been straining for the gutteral sound of a growl. Instead, his mind processed a continuous peal of laughter. It took the little Stormbringer by complete surprise, enough so that his ears dropped along with his hackles. She was laughing at him. Was he really such a puny runt that he couldn't even defend his own home. Hot embarrassment washed over him, accompanied by a very rare emotion for Saul. Anger. His pacifist nature almost never saw him become angry. But this complete stranger was laughing at him and he didn't know whether to turn tail and run away from the embarrassment or to growl and snarl at her until she stopped. One good thing about this situation- Saul was fairly sure he wasn't about to be attacked. A scowl marred his handsome face as he took a step forward. The growl bubbled at the back of his throat and his green eyes shone with a sort of shame. He had been ridiculed by a complete stranger. Great. Her words reached his ears but he wasn't sure how to respond to them.

“So you should be. Laughing at people you don't know is rude. If you weren't laughing at me, what were you laughing at?”

His whole body felt hot with embarrassment as he finally allowed his tail to lower to its normal stance. It was obvious he belonged to a pack and she didn't, but there was no need to show any forms of dominance. He couldn't do anything about it anyway, much less a willingness to want to do something about it. Even when he grew up, he knew he would have trouble getting other to submit to him- not through lack of authority. More through lack of want to dominate. His mind was pulled away from these thoughts as she stuttered out her name. Skye eh? The scowl slipped from his muzzle as he took another step towards her, still wary but no longer backed against a wall.

“I'm Saul. What are you doing around here?”

He was tempted to mention that they were just metres from Dahlia's borders, but he wasn't feeling quite so hostile now. He was never very good at aggression and though he still had authority, it was not won through fear. He was a gentle hearted male and he couldn't keep his anger alive for long. He was, however, still in a bad mood for being laughed at. A small huff escaped him as he sat, attempting to rid himself of the embarrassment of the situation.

word count;; 611

"speech" "speech"

[/html]
[html]

“So you should be. Laughing at people you don't know is rude. If you weren't laughing at me, what were you laughing at?”

Skye felt slightly uncomfortable being reprimanded by a puppy, but she didn't lash out - it had, after all, been a little rude of her to burst out in laughter for no reason. "I don't know," she said, "but I wasn't laughing at you." She cocked her head as he asked the next question.

He seemed on the defensive side - almost as if she were trespassing on his territory. The pup smelled of a pack, that much was true, but taking another whiff, Skye could tell that she wasn't too close to trespassing on his pack's territory. They were several feet from the border, and Skye was traveling parallel to it - even slightly away from it, actually. If she'd have kept walking, she'd be far away from the border in no time.

"I'm actually meeting my friend," she said. "It's farther away from this - we're making a new pack. Cercatori d'Arte." She was quite proud of this - she would soon, after this day, be part of a new pack! A totally new pack! She grinned at the wolf, hoping he'd share her enthusiasm and not be annoyed by the fact that his pack would have new neighbors.

<style>
.skye-z91 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.skye-z91 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.skye-z91 b {color:#C8DCF8; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.skye-z91 {background-color:#7E9BC6; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010j ... yegift.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 175px 0px; border:1px solid #C8DCF8; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#111F33; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.skye-z91-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
GAHHH! I edited the wrong post! Craaaaap!
[html]
lol skye = clueless

“That's pretty cool... A new pack! What made you decide to make one? Why not just join one?”

Skye was glad he shared her enthusiasm and seemed to forgive her for her odd outburst of laughter. She grinned, a happy, lopsided grin that meant she was genuinely happy. Her tail also began to wag. "Well, Shawchert (one of my friends) and I met a month or so ago and decided that there weren't really many packs just for artistic people," she said, explaining the need for a new, more 'artsy' pack. "Shawchert plays the flute and I write, and we thought that there must be other people who are artistic as well, so we decided to meet up again and try to make a new pack today. I'm sure he got a lot of people to make the new pack - I heard there are a lot of loners around here!" Skye hoped Shaw had gotten a lot of people to make the pack. She didn't want to go and find out that there weren't any people.

Of course, she hadn't exactly gotten any people either...oh, no! What if Shawchert thought she was going to get people to join, too? But she discarded these ideas from her mind at this point. She was in company, and she couldn't go flying off her gasket just because of some silly little thing. She then realized that this wolf hadn't given his name.

"So...what's your name?" she asked a little awkwardly. She had introduced herself as Skye and hoped he didn't think she was being overbearing.

<style type="text/css">
.skyeforest b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #2F3C17;}
.skyeforestooc {text-align:right;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 10px 5px 10px;}
.skyeforest p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.skyeforest {margin:0 auto; width:397px; background-color:#4E6617; background-image:url(http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/6222/avatarho.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #C8FF87; padding: 10px 0px 270px 0px; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#C8FF87; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
.skyeforest-border {width:399px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
ooc;; sorry sunny for the wait!

Her excitment shimmered around her in a wave, he could imagine. She seemed really pleased that he was interested in what she was doing. A pack for artistic people seemed a good idea, however it was far beyound his reach. He was neither artistic nor inclined in any way to become artistic. He was sure there were others out there like Skye and Shawchert, as her friend was called, but it certainly wasnt him. Cinnamon backed ears perked as she began explaining herself. Skye could write, apparently, and this Shawchert fellow could play the flute. Well that was great for them. Not so interesting for the puppy. He took a step backward, stretching his back out in a soft crunch that made him smile.

“I havent seen many, but then again this is my first time up around these parts. Maybe I just missed them. Then again, I met you! I hope you find lots of artisic people for your pack, it seems like a really nice idea."

Politeness rang in his words, perhaps the most words he had spoken in a while. His tail flipped softly back and forward, the tufty growth at the base looking odd. He was just starting to grow his adult tail, the fur patchy and broken on his whip-like structure. His legs were long, but his paws were too big for them and they looked comical. As did his head, which looked just slightly too large for his skinny body. He would grow into it soon, but for now he would have to get over looking like a complete freak. Talking of freaks, the awkward question that came from Skye's mouth threw him for a moment. He had already given her his name, when she had introduced herself he had done likewise. Green eyes danced with amusement at the ditzyness of this wolf. Shaking his head with a soft laugh, he replied.

“I already told you my name; I'm Saul Stormbringer. And you're Skye!"

He announced, confused as to why she couldnt remember his name. Glancing skyward, Saul noticed the midday sun beating heavily overhead. He was going to go home soon and take a small afternoon nap- looking for Gideon and Shiloh was proving harder work than he had imagined.

word count;; 377

“speech "speech"

[/html]
[html]
it's fine! ^^

“I haven't seen many, but then again this is my first time up around these parts. Maybe I just missed them. Then again, I met you! I hope you find lots of artistic people for your pack, it seems like a really nice idea."

"Thanks!" Skye said, happy. She hoped she found lots of artistic people as well; she didn't want her pack to fall apart, especially not right before winter. That would be very bad indeed...But she was sure it'd hold up. And since the other wolf didn't seem offended at the thought of a new pack, she guessed the Ethereal Eclipse area wasn't too close to this wolf's pack. She hoped so, at least - at the very least, it'd be easy for her to give a gift to the leader of his pack when she was ready. She wanted to be on good terms with all the packs, and gifting something to one seemed like a good way to go.

“I already told you my name; I'm Saul Stormbringer. And you're Skye!"

"Oops!" Skye exclaimed. She was so forgetful! She shook her head. "Sorry! I'm a bit ditzy today. I guess I'm just excited!" It was true; she was more excited for the meeting of her pack than most. The meeting just before with Pixie - and now this! Yes, she was excited indeed. Today had been a day for meeting people and being happy. And she'd meet even more later - just a bit farther would be the territory that would very soon be Cercatori d'Arte's, hopefully.

She saw Saul look up at the sun. She looked up too; it was midday, and the sun was beginning to sink below its highest perch of the day.

<style type="text/css">
.skyeforest b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #2F3C17;}
.skyeforestooc {text-align:right;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 10px 5px 10px;}
.skyeforest p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.skyeforest {margin:0 auto; width:397px; background-color:#4E6617; background-image:url(http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/6222/avatarho.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #C8FF87; padding: 10px 0px 270px 0px; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#C8FF87; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
.skyeforest-border {width:399px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
ooc;; mind if we finish up here? I have a lot of threads going on and theyt dont seem like their doing much! haha.

He heared her thank you and dipped his head with a soft smile. She was a nice female, a little ditzy and clumsy it seemed but nice enough anyway. He stood, stretching out his back with a classic dip to the ground in a motion that would mean play to anyone else. He straightened up and yawned softly, an action he couldnt help but perform. He was tired from the running this morning and the build up to his shifting days- it seemed to wipe the strength out of him. But he was okay, save for a little fatigue. Glancing once more up to the sky, Saul noticed again that it was just tipping past midday. Surely she would want to leave soon, to have that all important meeting with Shawchert or whatever his name was. Saul himself had things to do at home. He had come to find Gideon and Shiloh, and having found neither he intended to go home.

“Don't worry Skye, it's fine!"

He murmered, his heart not really in to soothing a stranger. He glanced left and right, trying to find any danger in the small woods that she had come from. He could see any, which was a good sign. He had to pass through one or two trees in order to get home and he was glad he could sense no danger. Green eyes caught Skye's and he smiled at her. She was a nice girl, one Saul thought he might like to see again. Tail flapping softly back and forward, Saul closed the gap between them and in a friendly gesture touched his nose to her shoulder. Backing away once more, Saul twisted his body in a turn for home.

“It was nice meeting you Skye. I hope you get what you want with making your pack! Maybe I'll see you again someday and you can tell me all about it?

He said with a smile. His tail flickered once before he turned and trotted off towards Dahlia. He didnt have a whole lot on his mind, which was peaceful for the young male. He was usually thinking a mile a minute about everything, so a peaceful trot home would do him some good. Just before he reached the treeline that bordered Dahlia up this way, he turned back and barked softly back at her.

“Bye Skye!"

-saul exits-

word count;; 394

“speech "speech"

[/html]