M. And baby makes three
[html]

WARNING This thread contains: strong language, drug usage, strong violence, or strong sexual content starting with the 3rd post. Reader discretion is advised.

She was taking a break from Grace for today and getting some time to herself. The girl was off having her own adventures, hopefully within Phoenix Valley. Addison had been quite the troublemaker when she was younger, and she could only expect her child sister to follow in her footsteps. Maybe it was something that ran in the family; she had heard a few rumors about their family...that it was a bit twisted. Hm. So far she didn't think that she was too horribly twisted.

If anyone was twisted, it was Dierdre. Addison had ended up taking Grace from under her mother's nose. The pup had been malnourished and neglected...and she'd been the one to provide most of Grace's care even when Dierdre had been there. Their mother hadn't seemed very interested in actually being, well, their mother. She hadn't been feeding the little one or taking very good care of her.

It was starting to get a little late, the sun's rays stretching across the sky overhead. The bits of horizon that she could see between the skyscrapers were shades of red and purple, casting a glow over the lands around her. She'd stay in the city tonight and return in the morning. She'd brought a blanket and set of warmer clothing in her backpack just in case; she already wore a long black skirt and large hooded sweatshirt. The items in her backpack were a jacket and a large pair of snowpants.

The tawny wolf traveled in her optime form, her preferred form. On this trip she hoped to bring back some useful things for Grace (toys, books, etc) and some useful things for her. She really needed a few new knives for chopping up meat for the pup to try. Grace was still refusing solid foods, for the most part, and she wanted to convince her that meats were alright to eat. The wolfess yawned as she entered one of the shops, a home-interior and kitchen supplies shop, and began to look around.

[/html]
[html]

ooc speech: Table & Coding © James; 780 words

The male had come from across the water and was still settling into this area. He had hooked up with a few canines that were working towards creating their own pack. He had joined in with their whole procedure, helping out there. He was just a newcomer but didn't feel like an outsider in the slightest. After all, how was he to know that one of the other canines there was some form of relation to him. That he actually had many relations where he had finally ended up. He had no idea that his name was as big as it was. That he had family scattered all over the land of Nova Scotia that he was now in. All he knew of was an uncle, a couple of aunts, and grandparents where none of which that he has ever met. And well, there was Demi too. Demi and his mom were the only family that he knew of and had any contact with, or at least those were the only blood relations that he knew that he had for a certainty. After all the cult he had been raised in was just like a large family. There was a possibility that everyone was related to everyone in some shape or form. And that unknown knowledge had kept them close. Or for the most part they were close. There had been one that had caused trouble. He had been dealt with though.

With his satchel tossed across his back he had set out for the day. Around his neck was his standard gris gris that he always wore. It was his good luck charm, one that he had made for himself. There were a few things that he needed to pick up and word was that there was an abandoned city that would most likely end up perfect for what he needed. He only had a few things available for him to take from New Brunswick to cross the water and not get ruined. And well, he hadn't been thinking clearly when he had left. All he knew was that those close to him wouldn't wake so he had packed up and left. He had no idea where he was going. Had no idea what he thought that he was doing. What had been his intent? Going out to find those that had left previously? Seeking help? He wasn't sure. Even now he didn't know if he would end up going back or what. He was just living in the moment. It was what he had always done. So far the few he had met needed help and so he was offering his services for the time being. They wanted something to decorate the border that they were creating. There had been some mention of paint and so Ouija had set out to find things to use for color. After all he was covered in muted colors so he certainly had to know the importance of plants and the colors. But to gather those plants he needed something to keep them in and so he had come into the city for that purpose.

Since he was carrying his satchel about with him he was in his optime form. He walked the streets of the city without being certain where he was going. Though seeing someone else up ahead heading into a building gave him enough direction for now. He hadn't bothered to call out but simply followed. He slipped into the building after the clothed female, not having any clothes himself. He kept his distance for a bit, lingering behind as he watched her look around. But soon he was unable to hold his peace any longer. In silence he moved up behind the female. He made to press his large chest against her back, reaching past her for whatever was in front of her as an excuse for his close proximity. "Excuse me." Deep voice murmured out the words. He was quite a large beast, standing over eight feet in height. It was something that had been inherited from his grandfather. Actually, if he had rolled around in soot until he was completely black, he could very nearly pass at the spitting image of his grandfather. He had never actually met him but had heard stories from his mother. Actually, if he didn't color himself then he would look like a large, male version of an aunt of his. But that was all that he knew about his family was the stories that he had been told. So he had no idea that he in fact trying to rub up against and subtly flirt with a cousin of his.

[/html]
[html]

The sleeves of her sweatshit were beginning to get in the way a bit, as it was a tad too large for the girl's frame, and she pulled them up to her elbows so that they wouldn't get in the way when she reached for things. Everything in this shop was covered in dust, and she was constantly having to rub the dust off of the price tags or items to get a better look at them. She sneezed a few times when the amount of dust became too much, causing even more to float up into the air around her.

Addison had her back turned to the door, and didn't notice when the stranger came in. In fact, she was so caught up in her search for the perfect knife that she didn't hear anything at all. She had her hand around the handle of a blade when she felt a touch against her back, a body press against her. She whirled around in shock, knocking a few items off the racks and onto the floor. "What the fuck do you think you're doing, perv?!" She held the knife out between them, pointing it at his chest. "Back off!"

[/html]
[html]

ooc speech: Table & Coding © James; 514 words

As strange as it would seem Ouija actually laughed as a knife was pulled on him. It made him appear rather addled to not show the slightest bit of fear or apprehension. He didn't even try to back off either. In fact it made him press closer so that the point of the knife would dig into his chest. "If you want to do any real damage you will need something bigger than that." The words were practically purred out as if some other subject were being talked about. A hand reached into his satchel to pull out one of his athames, the bone blade longer than the metal one that the female wolf had. "Now this will gut a deer with ease." He spoke the words with a slight smirk, showing off the weapon that he made and maintained himself. After letting Addison get a look at it Ouija slipped the item back into his satchel.

"Granted I can use one of these though." As he spoke he reached out a hand to try to wrap around Addi's hand, the one that was holding the knife. "I have happened to have lost mine and I'm afraid I don't have the ability to create another one." Ouija simply didn't know how to work with metal. If he did then he wouldn't have to scavenge a metal bladed knife. He only needed it for the purpose of branding so it wasn't as if it was an urgent need so far. Still it was better to have it and not need it right off then it is to need it and not have access to it. All of the runes on his body had been branded first and then had color added to the scarring. Doing it that way he didn't have to worry about fur growing back and covering it up. Having subjected himself to third degree burns for the sake of his craft it was obvious that he could handle a bit of pain.

A playful little smile rested on his lips as he stared down at the female. "I'm also looking for some sort of jar or container as well. You wouldn't happen to be hiding those as well, would you?" His free hand made to try to tug at her sweatshirt as he questioned her. For all he knew she could have pulled the knife out of her clothing. Who could tell what else she was hiding in there or, what his mind really wanted to know, under there. What could he say? He wasn't used to baggy clothing. He was more used to being able to get a free look. So yes, he was entirely curious about just what she was hiding. What it was that she didn't want others to see. Or was that her game? Did she cover up to make others wonder and ask? If that was so then it was certainly working. Ouija had most certainly fallen for it. What it was that he could get a peek of just wasn't working for him. He wanted more.

[/html]
[html]

She was unused to being in such a situation, and did not enjoy it one bit. He moved closer to her, the blade’s tip disappearing into his fur, and her eyes widened. Why would this stranger be doing this? It made no sense. He was definitely some kind of freak, that was for sure. She should have guessed as much based on his looks alone, though…she gazed upon a form riddled with marks of all different types. The markings made no sense to her, as she couldn’t read whatever language they were in, and seemed a bit random. They were oddly placed, too.

The last time she had been in something like this, she had been tortured. She closed her eyes for a moment, trying to get her bearings back. Jefferson had stepped in and saved her then, but this time she would have to save herself, it seemed. From what, though, she wasn’t sure. This male wasn’t acting oddly, but not as if his goal was to harm her. He gripped her hand and Addison released the knife, allowing it to clatter to the floor. She glared up at him, yanking her hand back. She didn’t like being touched without permission by anyone.

She especially did not like the controlling movements of his hands. He tugged at her clothing and she attempted to pull away, trying to slide out to the side of him so that she could have a better route of escape if it was needed. She was still puzzling over what his goal in all of this was, why he had approached her to begin with. He had pulled out that blade but hadn’t threatened her with it…so what was his motive? She kept quiet until he was completely finished speaking, the glare never leaving her face ”Why would I have something like that?” She had seen a few bigger knives on the display to the rear of her and reached for the handle of one from behind her back. ”And I’d watch where I was puttin' them hands, if I was you” She warned.

[/html]
[html]

ooc speech: Table & Coding © James; 582 words

Actually the placement of his marks had been purposeful. They were runes that he used constantly. They were placed in spots where they would work the best. Of course he wanted the ones related to spell work to be on his hands which he used in all his spells. Protection of course had to start at the head, or ears, and flow down the rest of the body. And of course attraction lay between the eyes. So unlike others that marked themselves up his actually served a certain purpose. Actually Ouija was quite the practical wolf even though some of the things that he made and did seemed a bit out there for others. Like he didn't make things just to make them and toss them aside. Everything served a purpose, even if it was only an extra for something that he already had. Surprisingly there really wasn't much that Ouija wasted despite what others might think about the way that he was raised and come of his beliefs.

When she dropped the knife he quickly loosened his grip. Honestly, he hadn't mean to make her drop it. It made him wonder if his grip had been too tight. It certainly wouldn't be the first time that he had forgotten his strength and had inadvertently harmed another. It hadn't been on his mind to make a handshake painful but it had been through that which he learned he had something of a strong grip if he wasn't careful with it. It was one of those downsides to being a giant beast. His mother looked like a small little doll when standing next to him. But then again he had easily dwarfed everyone in the cult.

He allowed for Addison to slip away, not even trying to prevent her. Instead he bent down, leaving himself open and vulnerable, to retrieve her knife from the floor. He grabbed the weapon by the blade so that he could hold the handle out to the female. "I believe that you dropped this." He said as he straightened back up in order to present the handle of the knife for her to take. "And I asked because you pulled a knife on me. If you could hide this in there then who can tell what else you are hiding." Even though he was trying to give the knife back he didn't try to close any distance that had been placed between them. Rather he was letting her keep her space that she desperately wanted.

If Addi wouldn't end up taking the knife back then he would just have to drop it into his satchel. After all he had said that he needed a new one. Actually he needed more than one. He would need on with a long, thin blade for branding and would require a sturdier one for carving. Because of that he actually wanted a selection of a few different styles and types of knives. That way he could have at least one for every thing that could ever think of doing with it. "I was watching where I put my hands and I didn't put them any place that was inappropriate." The large male shook his head with the words and walked his way over to the other side of the store in order to search for the jars that he had questioned about. He had come to this place with that in mind and so it wouldn't do to come up empty handed.

[/html]
[html]

Fear under lied everything that she did in this instance. She needed to calm down, really, to take time and think about what was going on. She'd be fine. He didn't want to kill her or tie her down and torture her. So far, he was just touching her weirdly and talking to her. Besides; she was awesome. If she wanted to, she could easily get away from him! This thought gave the female a little bit of confidence, and she allowed her eyes to meet those of the stranger.

He offered her the knife back and she grabbed it from his hand. Now she felt even better! "Well...good. I would have had to kick your ass if you had." She said. It was obvious to her that such a thing was very unlikely and that she would have had to have two or three wolves to be able to defeat one as big as him...but she said it anyway.

"Who are you, anyway? You said you're looking for a jar...but for what?" She shot off both questions quickly, taking another few steps back just in case. He wasn't coming any closer, which was good. He was an unfamiliar male; of course she would be wary of him at first.

[/html]
[html]

ooc speech: Table & Coding © James; Doll, not an exact replica of course but JuJu (good luck) dolls are typically covered in a number of adornments though only on the front side and herbs that would go inside though I haven't decided on which ones yet cause I haven't looked for which are native but there would be a combination of native ones in it; 720 words

He hadn't even thought about what he was doing. He had simply acted. It was just what he would do when he was back in his cult. He had been careful in the placement of his hands but hadn't adhered to the concept of personal space. But then again where he had come from he had touched about everyone in the cult in a more intimate way than he had touched the female. So he really hadn't thought about it because he was used to much more than what he had done. Though once she had made it clear that she didn't enjoy the attention he had backed off. He wasn't entirely without manners. He had been rejected before, not that it had happened all to often, and so he knew how to let the subject drop and move on to other things instead.

He chuckled with her words as he handed back the knife. "I just might like that." Okay, maybe he couldn't turn it off entirely but at least he wasn't touching. That was some sort of progress, right? Just the thought of being pummeled by a beautiful lady was delicious enough to make him shiver. "Could do more than kick it if you wanted to." He tossed out the words with an absent minded shrug. It wasn't like he was a stranger to things being placed in there. He was the open minded sort that would try everything once and some things thrice or more. Life boiled down to pleasure and pain. His religion spoke of the devotion to pleasure. He would take it in whatever form it came in. He could even get pleasure out of what would bring pain to others.

"Actually I could use a few of them. Probably won't have anything to actually use them for until the seasons change." He hadn't exactly answered either question with his explanation. But that wasn't to say that he hadn't heard them. He most certainly had. He was just otherwise preoccupied as he picked up a small bowl to look at and survey, having turned it about in his hands before placing it down. "I don't have any supplies right now but I will need them for storing plants and the like. It is too late to get anything that would work particularly well right now." He added onto his previous explanation as he turned his attention towards some other pieces of pottery. "It is hard to keep color during the cold seasons when the world sleeps." She would have to be blind to not notice that his appearance wasn't something of a natural occurrence. He didn't much like his natural appearance. He didn't enjoy being stuck as a single color.

"Of course I need more than just those." He added on after a bit of a pause since he had been distracted by a vase. Though it not having a lid wouldn't work well for him. He reached a hand into his satchel and pulled out his good luck doll and tossed it towards the female. "They work as filling as well. What you put in determines how powerful it will be. Potency also depends upon ripeness as well as pleasant thoughts. You can't have ill will in your heart and expect to have good fortune. If you try it you will have bad juju." It was a peek into his beliefs as well as another peek into just what he was capable of making with his hands. He was actually very talented with his hands but what he made he crafted for a specific purpose and not just for the fun and hell of it.

Once he finally found a cluster of small jars he looked them over before actually looking towards Addison once again. "The name's Ouija." He finally answered her first question. "And you are?" He returned the question. He then ended up motioning back to where the knives were. "Mind tossing a few of those over this way? I need ones of varying lengths and thicknesses. Particularly one with a long and thin blade." He didn't think she would have too much trouble throwing knives at him considering that she had pulled one on him. And well, he would get them himself but he was letting her keep her space instead.

[/html]
[html]

She could do more than kick his ass, eh? She almost laughed out loud. "I think you'd enjoy that too much." She said wryly, slipping the knife into a fold in her clothing. She had been asking her dad if there were any males around the pack, but he hadn't seemed like he liked the idea of her hooking up with packmembers too much. What about loners?

"Why do you like to be all those funny colors though?" She asked. He really was an oddity. When he tossed the doll to her she easily caught it, examining it and running her fingers over its textures. "What's this? And what's eh...that juju thing you said?"

He asked for a few knives and she picked a couple of them from the display, holding the doll under one arm. "Addison." She took a step closer, offering him the knives carefully. "You seem very different than most of the males I've met." None of those flings had worked out anyway...maybe it was time to try something new.

[/html]
[html]

ooc speech: Table & Coding © James; 518 words

"Perhaps." He agreed with a bit of a chuckle. "As long as you enjoy it then I imagine that I will as well." After all that had been his whole thing. His pleasure was learned to be gained through the pleasure of others. If whomever he was with enjoyed themselves then he could imagine that he was enjoying himself as well. All he had to do was to believe it to make it so. It was the way of hedonism, the pursuit of pleasure. And well, all pleasure started in the mind and then was filtered into the body. And to him to see another in the throes of passion and pleasure, knowing that he had been the one to cause it, was the greatest pleasure that ever could be achieved.

He gave a shrug to her question. Not many had ever asked why he continuously colored himself. Usually he only earned himself strange looks and raised eyebrows but very few ever though to ask about it. "Nature is full of colors so why should I be limited to a single color?" That was his simple reasoning behind what he did. Nature was colorful so why shouldn't he be colorful as well? Most other that he had seen had more than one color. Even his sister had more than one color in her coat. He simply found himself attracted to color and coated himself with them.

"Juju?" He mimicked and watched Addison examine the doll that he had created. "Well it basically means luck. The doll is for good luck in the things in life that you might pursue. It is filled with plants that are known for enhancing good luck and safety." It was just another testament tot he things that he believed in and did that others were destined to find odd and peculiar. But it wasn't like that was going to change his beliefs and habits.

He was surprised when she didn't throw the knives at him but made to hand them over instead. He smiled as he accepted the offering. He took the knives from her and dropped them into his satchel without bothering to examine them. Why should he? He would end up getting more before he left anyways. He could use quite a bit. He wanted to make sure that he would have enough, as well as the right sizes, for whatever came up. He had a large collection back in the cult as well but he had been unable to get to them in all of the commotion.

He gave another chuckle and a bit of a shrugs at her words. "I suppose that I am. I'm not from the area and have been raised differently than most others." After all she hadn't said it was a good different or anything of the sort. For all he knew she could detest it as many before her had. Because it was different and not understood then others labeled it as being evil and bad, as something to be frowned on and avoided. So he was used to persecution for his beliefs already.

[/html]
[html]
wc: 213

Her own pelt was a myriad of colors. Her back and sides boasted a saddle of browns and blacks while her muzzle and belly were a mixture of creams and light oranges. She was a very unique looking wolf. His words about nature limiting him to one color made sense to her; if he didn't dye his fur then he would just be a regular white wolf. "I see. I think I have enough colors...never thought to dye my fur or anything."

His explanation of the doll was interesting, and she shrugged. "I've never heard of such a thing...juju and luck and whatnot. What kind of place did you grow up in? I guess I could say I've had a pretty normal life." More than normal. She'd had an adopted mother and father who had treated her right and who had attempted to instill values upon her and make her into a good wolf. What more could a pup ask for?

"I like wolves who are unique...they're interesting. Keep me guessing." Addison was always looking for something or someone new and interesting to make her life more exciting. Phoenix Valley was a pretty dull place with a set routine for pretty much everything. She would have to seek her thrills outside of it.

[/html]
[html]

ooc speech: Table & Coding © James; 302 words

He smiled and shook his head. "You don't need to. You are beautiful just the way that you are. I wouldn't ever dream of changing anything about you." He couldn't help but to compliment her. She had so many lovely colors that he found himself envious. Everyone seemed to be blessed with more than just a single color. He reached out to get ready and touch her but quickly dropped his hand before he could, remembering what had happened previously. He had made some progress and he wasn't about to ruin that now.

"Hm..." He paused to think of how to explain where he had come from. "Well I lived over in New Brunswick. Grew up in a cult that had many practices that others haven't heard of or don't seem to understand." He lifted a hand up to motion to the branded tattoos on his ears. "These are for protection. And this too." He moved his hand down to touch the gris gris that hung about his neck. They were just a few things that he had been taught to put into use. Protection was one of the biggest lessons that they were forced to learn.

"Well I doubt you will find too many like me." At least he didn't imagine so. He couldn't name another like him. Not with all the odd looks he got. "I like you. You are so colorful and beautiful. I'm helping to found Cercatori D'Arte. Where do you stay? I would certainly love to see you again. That is if it appeals to you." Granted he had made a bad first impression. He had hoped that he had made up for that though. After all he was being a good boy and keeping his hands off despite how hard it was to do just that.

[/html]
[html]
Should we just try and end this soon and start another one immediately after? :] a more updated one? <33

This wolf held an edge of danger to him that spoke to her wild side. She was attracted to things that were new and interesting, things that could catch her eye and actually hold her attention, and so far he was all of those things. He almost reached out to touch her and she tensed, unsure, before deciding to allow it if he did choose to. He seemed to change his mind halfway and allowed his hand to drop, a curious thing to her. Perhaps he thought that she would cut him.

He showed her some of the markings on him, markings that she had failed to notice before. She had thought that some of them were simply a part of his coat and hadn’t paid much attention to their color or placement, but now she looked at each one as he pointed at it. For protection, he had said. Did they work? She was intrigued, and spoke the question aloud. "Do they? Protect you?"

Addison reached up to try and touch the tattoo on his ear, interested. She’d never seen a tattoo like it before and had no tattoos or piercings of her own to speak of. Had it hurt a whole lot to get it? "They’re really cool. That bag, too. I think that I’d be alright with seeing you again. I live in the Valley…Phoenix Valley. If you don’t come see me, I’ll go to you.”

[/html]
[html]

ooc speech: Table & Coding © James;Okay, didn't think you'd want another since this one failed. And I'll make this my last post and you can decide if you want to post again or just archive it; 535 words

It wouldn't be the first time that he had been cut. Just as long as it pleased someone else he was willing to suffer through it. It was all about pleasure. He could endure anything as long as his partner was pleased. At least that was one of his lessons. He could be used and abused as long as whomever he was with ended up being happy. So if she would feel pleasure from it then he would allow for it to happen. But no, he had dropped his hand because he remembered that she had been uncomfortable with his touch. He would just have to try and court her like he did another female back in the cult. Though she had disappeared after all of his hard work for some strange reason.

He nodded his head in response to her question. "I would say that they do. Others died where I came from but I am still alive." He had woken up with dead bodies all around him but he had remained living. If that didn't speak for their ability to protect then he didn't know what would. So yes, he would say that showed a true manifestation of its power to protect.

He smiled a bit when she reached up to touch his ear and feel over the raised and colored flesh there. That was just the thing with brands, they stood out against the flesh and made themselves predominate. Which certainly helped him since he had a thicker coat due to the tundra wolf blood in him. Of course the places that he did the brands didn't have especially thick fur in the first place. But still it was the technique that he had learned to do. And with him having multiples done showed that he could tolerate his fair share of pain. After all his flesh had to be burned in order to create the marks.

He couldn't help but to grin at the compliments. "Thanks. I've done it all myself." He couldn't help but to be proud. After all he had managed to work with snake skin in order to create his gris gris. To him that was quite an accomplishment with how thin it turned out to be and how easily it would tear. Because of that he was extremely proud of his gris gris. "I could make you one as well." He offered to her. He had no idea if she would accept it or not but it didn't hurt to offer either way.

"Well I have gotten what I need, so I suppose I will see you around?" She had mentioned something about them seeing each other again but had no idea if she would really agree to it or not. For all he knew it could just be pleasantries only and she didn't actually plan on it. Either way he made his way around to the exit of the store so that he could leave. He looked back to give a wave before heading back so that he could make his journey back to the lands that the new pack had claimed so that he could set up the den that he had found for himself.

[/html]
[html]
This one wasn't a fail :o I just want a more up to date one! wc: 200

She usually had trouble trusting others, and today had been no exception. Now that she had initially met him, though, she felt that there would be little to no awkwardness between them. Perhaps she could get some lessons on working with knives...and some lessons on that voodoo stuff that he did. She hadn't been down to the place where he lived at before, and was interested in seeing that as well...it would be a day of new experiences for her, something that she craved. She needed to get away from the valley every once in a while and she'd be able to bring information back to Jefferson on the new pack, as well.

"I'd like that." She said, answering his offer. Of course, she was aware that it was quite possible that he offered the same thing to every girl...but she liked to think that she might be special. He made mention of leaving and she nodded. "I'm going to get a few knives...then head back. I'll have to come down to your packlands and see if you're around. Bye!"Addison turned back to the rest of the shop, finally giving him her back, to search for a few more items.

[/html]