Ancestral Heart
She'd never ever witnessed a forest like this. She'd creeped out of the Cour Des Miracles for a while, needing to wander this strange land.

The trees loomed, touching the big wide expanse of sky with their mighty boughs. It made Cowslip realise how small and insignificant she really was. The female plastered her fluffy ears to her head in respect, these trees knew much, very very much. They whispered knowledge, unsung songs and secrets.

But Cowslip knew that these forests sang in every wolf's heart, roots curling in their blood. Cowslip had never seen a moose or a buffalo, but inside she knew, knew how to snap at their heels, drive the weak away from the strong.

She padded inside, the sun immediately being engulfed by the ancient trees, the shade leeching any heat that had warmed her rusty fur. Cowslip grinned as she thrust her snout up high, the scents filled her black nose, tingling her senses, tantalising her vigour to explore.
[html]

hey ya'll =D hope you don't mind me and my friend butting in here. we're new ^^

Jace had been walking for a long time it seemed. Having met her friend Temo several months ago out in the western Americas, they know knew each other very well, better it seemed than she'd ever known her family. She shuddered slightly at the memories and pressed on. Breaking out into a steady lope that just seemed to eat up the miles, hearing Temo following just behind her.

After a time they came to the edge of a very large and imposing forest, together they stared at the huge trees in awe until Jace gathered her courage and padded cautiously inside. The light immediately faded to a dappled kind that got darker and they carried on.

Then Jace suddenly stopped, up ahead there was a wolf. Kind of unsure what to do, they conversed for a few seconds before Jace called out,

"Hello? Excuse me, but do you happen to know the way to Souls'? We're a bit lost." To make herself less of a threat she lowered her ears slightly and wagged her tail a tiny bit in a friendly way.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Jace "talks", 'thinks', and walks.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Table by Kaena Lykoi <3

<style>
.jace-mountains .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.jace-mountains p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.jace-mountains b {color:#16323D; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.jace-mountains {background-color:#BAD9E5; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010oct/jace.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px; border:1px solid #16323D; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#42616D; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5px; }
.jace-mountains-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5x; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Giving a go with my new table, take 2.

Temo Wolfe

His old pack, now a distant memory many months and many miles behind him. New memories made with his new friend Jace replacing old memories of his travels alone before meeting her. A slight smile on his muzzle as he realizes she is not a new friend any more after several months of travel together and getting to know each other.

Lost in thought as he looked at the huge and imposing trees only stopping short of walking into Jace and staring into the dark interior that enveloped the trunks. Quietly following her into the shadowed spaces between the trunks wondering how long this forest was here to grow trees this large.

Stopping and quietly conversing with Jace at the sight of the unknown wolf, Temo wags his tail a bit and keeps his ears forward trying not to look threatening as they await an answer. He wonders if this wolf will be friendly as his ears occasionally flick and rotate homing into the forest noises that are coming from the shadows between the trees.

<style>
.temo-b012 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.temo-b012 b {color:#171F34;}
.temo-b012-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.temo-b012-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#192A57; text-shadow:#081127 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.temo-b012-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010oct/temo.png); height:134px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#171F34;}
.temo-b012-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.temo-b012 {background-color:#A2AECC; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #171F34; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3D455B; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
Haha, don't worry, I'm new too xD

Cowslip frowned lightly as a different scent hit her nostrils, it was familiar, but almost forgotten. She let the scent linger in her nose for a while, before the realisation had hit her. The scent was dog. But intermingled with wolf. Cowslip had met many dogs, mainly border collies and bull terriers, and she thought them rather fun, more up for games, and more expressive than wolves.

She padded towards the wolf-dogs, who were wagging their tails lightly, ears facing forward in a friendly manner. The male was completely black, and to all other senses could of been mistaken for a pure wolf. The female on the other hand was different shades of tan, brown and white.

"Hello? Excuse me, but do you happen to know the way to Souls'? We're a bit lost." Asked the female.

Cowslip's father had refered to this place as Souls before, she was pretty new, she had only been here for a couple of days, sailing away from England in a scrappy tin boat.

'' You're in Souls right now, in a neutral territory called Dans l'Obscurité, I've just come from my packlands; Les Cour Des Miracles... I hope you don't mind me askin', but what are you two doing here?

<style type="text/css">
.cowsliptable b {font-weight:bold; color:#FFFB72; letter-spacing:.2px; text-shadow: #3F3E00 1px 1px 1px;
}
.cowsliptableooc {font-style:italic;text-align:center;font-weight:bold; color:#FFFB72; letter-spacing:.2px; text-shadow: #3F3E00 1px 1px 1px;font-size:11px;}
.cowsliptable p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.cowsliptable {margin:0 auto; width:430px; background-color:#A4AAC0; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/2itlcu9.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fff; padding: 10px 0px 278px 0px; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#fff; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.2px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
.cowsliptableborder {width:432px; border:1px solid #3F3E00; margin:0 auto; }
.cowsliptable .separator{width:405px; border-bottom:1px dashed #5E603C; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

omg soooo sorry about the long wait, university is a time eater XD

She bobbed her head in greeting to the she-wolf then turned to grin at Temo when the wolf said that they were in Souls. Months of traveling had finally come to an end. She sniffed at the air a little trying to infuse this wolf's scent into her memory, cocking her head at the question of what they were doing here,

"We have come seeking safety and maybe a new home." She shrugged her shoulders lightly, her fur began to ripple and flex in the small breeze that sprung up. Unseen above the trees the sky began to darken slightly in the anticipation of rain. She shivered mentally, thunder had always been a bit scary to her; she disliked loud, sudden noises.

"If it is not too much of an intrusion, may I ask your name? My is Jace. Jace Denahlii."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Jace "talks", 'thinks', and walks.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Table by Kaena Lykoi <3

<style>
.jace-mountains .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.jace-mountains p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.jace-mountains b {color:#16323D; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.jace-mountains {background-color:#BAD9E5; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010oct/jace.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px; border:1px solid #16323D; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#42616D; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5px; }
.jace-mountains-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5x; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Sorry for taking so long

Temo Wolfe

Glancing back at Jace, seeing how happy she was at the news that they made it to Souls. Temo returns her grin, then, as Jace's attention returns to the other wolf, his gaze slowly wanders the forest for a moment as he sinks into thought. The breeze bringing him out and his answer follows Jace's, "Yes, possibly a new home. For many months, I have followed my heart. I don't know yet if it is leading me here or not."

A moment passes as he notices the change for the worse in the weather and glances up at the darkening clouds. When Jace asks her question of the she-wolf, he watches her awaiting an answer. The breeze picking up a bit as it ruffles his fur.

Temo "Talks" Thinks Walks

Table lovingly created by Kaena Lykoi

<style>
.temo-b012 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.temo-b012 b {color:#171F34;}
.temo-b012-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.temo-b012-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#192A57; text-shadow:#081127 0px 0px 4px;

float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-

spacing:1px;}
.temo-b012-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url

(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010oct/temo.png); height:134px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px;

border-style: solid none; border-color:#171F34;}
.temo-b012-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-

style:italic; }
.temo-b012 {background-color:#A2AECC; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #171F34; font-family:

georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3D455B; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-

height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]