Sophie says she's really tryin'
[html]

P for Silas!
The forest had been busy, bustling with life, but things were slowing down now that she was beginning to enter the city. Brown paws took her through streets devoid of all life, besides a few pigeons. Street after silent street. Her ears strained to catch any sound at all in a place that had once been central station to all noise pollution in the area, but did they not hear anything. Instead, a light ringing inside her own head replaced the sounds of birds chirping, squirrels chattering, and other creatures stirring. The female cleared her throat to create some sort of a noise, uneasy in the silence.

Night was falling on the place more quickly than usual, the days getting shorter and shorter as the season wore on. She had thought that she might make it in and out before it got too late. Addison wanted to be able to return to young Grace later that night, after she had found something of use, but the pup would probably be long asleep either way. She had known that it wouldn’t be easy to find the things that she needed after darkness had fallen, of course, but she knew of the item’s general area. She’d found it here before.

The Valley wolf stood short in her optime form, barely scraping the minimum height of most female luperci, but her shadow stretched out in front of her as she padded along, the celestial moon at her back. She walked with a smooth gait over the paved streets, muzzle turning this way and that as one yellow and one blue eye fixed on the various storefronts in the fading light. She was going to find her sister the toy she’d promised her if it was the last thing she did. The brat had been doing well with learning the things Addison was trying to teach her, and she deserved some sort of a present.

She shivered slightly, getting a sudden chill, and crossed her arms as she walked. The dilapidated buildings cast odd shadows on the ground around her, frozen machinery lining the streets with their boxy shapes as well. This place looked nothing like the forest that she had left behind, smelled nothing like it, and sounded nothing like it. Her foot connected with a glass bottle that had been laying on the pavement and she jumped, startled, as it clinked its way down the street and into the gutter. She’d get the toy and get out as fast as she could, she decided quickly.

[/html]
Big Grin +3
[html]

He had returned to the place that he had not visited in some time. When he had first come to Halifax with his family, Silas had snuck away to the store many times not only to claim the intact bottles with the label he so loved, but also to steal away the flag that now hung proudly on the wall of his room. Since his time here in Nova Scotia, the young Russian had been quick to claim the specific bottles of vodka, dwindling the supply down to nothing. There was one remaining bottle, and that had been tucked away in his room under his bed where it was wrapped in old, tatty quilt to make sure it remained intact. He had forgotten about that bottle in his evolving state of anger and sadness. So Silas had returned to the one place he knew could settle his woes for now – the Russian liquor store.

He did not find the bottles with the proud label declaring Русский стандарт, but that did not stop him. There were plenty of other salvageable drinks to choose from, and the young Vigilies blindly grabbed at some. It did not take long for the boy to set himself on a path to drunkenness, and he staggered out of the store with two bottles accompanying him. He would not need this much liquor to render himself useless for the rest of the night, but his mind was in no state to logically conclude this. Really, the boy wasn’t capable of too much at the moment. With half of an empty bottle abandoned in the store behind him, the Russian meandered down the crumbling concrete streets of Halifax, dodging the rusted frames of old automobiles.

"Hey you!" He called out, raising a hand into the air (bottled still clutched in his clawed fingers) and waving at her. Precarious steps brought him closer, and icy blues eyes scrutinized her from beneath a curtain of black hair falling haphazardly around his blue bandana. "Zhose some eyes you have zhere, ya?" Even from his distance, Silas could easily observe the odd differences in the color of Addison’s eyes. The yellow stood out so vibrantly against the deep blue. Silas stopped where he stood, arms slumping to his sides so that the bottles rested against his thighs, and he cocked his head to the side, studying. "Huh. Never zeen anzhing like eet."

table by kahilli
<style>
.silas-kahilli p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.silas-kahilli b {color:#FFFFFF;}
.silas-kahilli {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#265B6C; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; width:400px; background-color:#97C3D1; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #8FB4BF; background-image:url(http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm10 ... lastop.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:265px; text-align:justify; }
.silas-kahilli-credit {width:400px; font-size:9px; font-family:georgia; style:italics; text-align:right; }</style>

[/html]
[html]

O hello!

She hadn't smelled that particular scent in a while, and when it came to her nose her mind flooded with memories. She had forcibly tried not to remember the little details about the day that she had been tortured, but now her mind went back and revisited the memory as if it had happened only the day before. She had found Halo, lost, and had tried to help her find her way. Addison had been a more innocent wolf in those times, younger, and she'd trusted too much in the kind eyes of that young coyote.

The smell of Inferni overcame her senses and she stood stock-still in the darkness, praying that it would go away or at the very least that it wasn't Halo coming after her again. Jefferson had saved her that day, but he was probably preparing for bed at this moment back in the Valley. Addison could almost feel the rats biting on her again, their sharp teeth ripping through her flesh, as she closed her eyes for a moment.

A voice came, then, and she nearly jumped out of her skin. Her breathing slowed as she turned toward the place that the voice had come from in the darkness, watching his silhouette. Was he holding onto something in his hand? She was relieved to hear a male voice, friendly, rather than the one that she had been expecting. As he came closer she could see that they were bottles.

He commented on her eyes and she blinked a few times. No one had taken note of their odd coloration for a good long time. It had been too long since she'd met someone outside of the pack or family, perhaps. "Is that a..compliment, though, or are you just saying they're weird?" She asked, folding her arms over her chest. "Yours are nice, I guess...they're really bright." She said. "You don't look like a regular coyote to me, though..do most coyotes have blue eyes? You smell like Inferni."

[/html]
+3
[html]

He remained motionless, the bottles still held idly at his side while he struggled to remain balanced. Silas had easily downed the liquor, wincing at the taste he still didn’t find enjoyable (but bearable) until a good portion was gone. Upon leaving the store he was still in good wits, but his actions had easily snuck up on him. Pale eyes concentrated hard on the mismatching pair before him, and subconsciously he found it hard to stay standing straight. "Eet’s nice. Never zeen zhem before." She moved on to compliment the pale blue eyes he had inherited from his father, and Silas shook his head in response. Perhaps too fast, for the world still seemed to tilt a bit even after he had stopped nodding his head. "Nice, ya."

She seemed like a nice girl, Silas decided. She had to be somewhere close to his age, though perhaps a bit younger. It made him think of Liliya, and he frowned a bit. Why had his sister left him all alone? Why would she do that to him? "Vell, mine fazher ees not a coyote. 0 процентов койот. But mine mozher, she ees all coyote." Dramatically, the boy swooped both hands (still clutching bottles) towards his chest. "So you see, I am собака: a mutt." He took a step forwards, when his balance seemed to sway too much, and found his footing wasn’t stable. Stumbling slightly, Silas decided to settle onto the nearest curb and let the bottle rest on the crumbling concrete beside him. He patted the ground in invitation for the girl if she so chose.

"I ‘ave not seen eyes like zhese before, except een mine family." Who knew if other coyotes had them or not. Taking a deep breath to stabilize himself, he continued, "I leeve een Inferni," explaining the reasoning behind her earlier comment. "But ебут, I don’t know vhy I stay here eef mine family ees gone now." He sighed, then found the mismatched color of her eyes again. And, as if he had suddenly realized he was desperately lonely, he asked: "You stay and have a drink vith me, ya? Eet ees Russian vodka; zhe very best."

table by kahilli
<style>
.silas-kahilli p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.silas-kahilli {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#265B6C; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; width:400px; background-color:#97C3D1; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #8FB4BF; background-image:url(http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm10 ... lastop.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:265px; text-align:justify; }
.silas-kahilli-credit {width:400px; font-size:9px; font-family:georgia; style:italics; text-align:right; }</style>

[/html]
[html]

He spoke pretty oddly, she was now beginning to notice. Addison didn't know what to make of his accent. She'd heard canines that spoke in different ways before, in other packs...but never an accent like that before. The girl could make out what he was saying, after a few moments of consideration, though. Did he not grow up learning the language that she had?

Silas told her of his parentage and she nodded, though a few of the words were unfamiliar to her. She got the gist of the statement. "I never really asked my parents what I am...but I guess I'm full wolf. I look like a wolf." He was a mutt, a word that she'd heard used once or twice. Hybrid was the word that she would have chosen.

So his eyes were somewhat of a rarity, as well. It was interesting. Her eyes were the same as her mother and grandmother's. "Mine run in my family, too. You say...it's Russian vodka? Is that what you are? I've always lived around here...pretty much all my life. Where's Russia at?" She took the invitation to sit down. His eyes were rather transfixing, especially now that she was closer, and she leaned over a little so she could continue to look at them.

The smell of Inferni still stressed her slightly, though, keeping her in reality. "I'm in Phoenix Valley. My adopted dad runs it...and my little sis lives there with me. Where'd the rest of your family go?" She asked. Did they go back to Russia? She'd never even heard of that place before.
[/html]
[html]

She had taken his invitation to join him on the crumbling concrete curb, and he nodded his head at the bottles to signal that she was free to drink from them whenever she so chose. Silas was starting to feel a little light headed, but this was far from the condition he would most certainly be in at the end of the day. "Ya, Russian vodka. Zhe very best. Mine family ees from Russia. Eet ees very far avay. Far over zhe ocean," he raised a hand and gestured in the general direction of the Halifax harbor. He couldn’t possibly think of a way to explain just how far Russia was. The journey had been arduous, but the adventure had been so captivating to such a young boy.

As he listened to her speak of Phoenix Valley, Silas reached for one of the bottles. A quick tilt of the palm followed by a grimace, and another swallow of vodka was down the youth’s throat. He did not enjoy the burn, but that didn’t stop him. "Mine family all go back to Russia. Zhey left me here." His features visually gained weight with his words, as if the thought of their departure had added some sort of tangible heaviness to the boy. "But ees nice you ‘ave your family to be vith in zhe Phoenix Valley. Eet ees nice zhere, ya?" He let the bottle settle onto the concrete beside them once more with a light clatter.

table by kahilli
<style>

[/html]
[html]

He was interesting. The female hadn't met many foreigners and was finding his accent and the cultural aspect of him to be quite intriguing. Addison had taken time to look out over the ocean before but didn't know what was on the other side of it. A lot of Russians, apparently. She nodded at the mention of where his family was. It was really far away, then...because the ocean was pretty big.

She reached for the bottle when he put it down on the ground, holding it to her lips. . Whatever it was, if he could drink it then she was determined that she could too. He hadn't attacked her and was acting in a very friendly way, helping her to keep her guard down a bit. She was often overly stressed about meeting others in general, though she tried to hide it.

Addison gave a cough after finishing a large gulp of it, fire spreading through her from her belly. She had been the one to leave her own family behind so she didn't know how he felt, exactly. She had left knowing that her mother wouldn't come here, of all places. "My family's crap...at least, my biological family. So I took off. I guess it's kind of the opposite of you, huh. Do you have any friends to hang with here and cheer you up?"

[/html]
ILY!<3 +3[html]

He frowned deeply at Addison’s words, his Chesire grin dissolving quickly after having formed at seeing her drink from the bottle. For the briefest moment he had wondered what she thought of it, but his mind was not able to keep many trains of thought going. He had switched instead to her dialogue, and so the vodka and her opinion of it had been lost for the moment. He was sad to hear that she didn’t hold her family in high regard, but Silas figured not every family was like his. He had grown up in a complex full of Russos, and so family was the only way of life he had known. It wasn't until they had sailed to Nova Scotia that Silas had gotten used to not being surrounded by his own family.

When she continued, Silas’ frown only seemed to deepen more, if it were at all possible. The heaviness he felt seemed overbearing, and he wondered if a smile could ever find his features again. There just didn’t seem to be enough effort left in him to dissolve that frown. But Addison’s words had hit a certain chord with the boy, and he was saddened by what he realized. Silas had come to meet a lot of people since his family had docked in Halifax, but had he really made any friends? He shook his head heavily, black locks of hair bouncy messily into his face and obscuring the pale blue eyes. "I don’t," he responded, his voice barely audible as he felt the heaviness of this. His family had left, and he didn’t even have any friends to take away some of that weight. He truly was alone, wasn’t he? Silas lifted his head, and turned his gaze onto Addison. There was a pleading look in his eyes; it was clear he needed to be rescued, even if she wasn’t the one capable of that. "I don’t ‘ave anyone."

table by kahilli
<style>

[/html]
[html]

She guessed that she didn't have too many friends either, but wasn't sure if she ought to voice it. Maybe she and Silas could become friends! Addison was already beginning to have a good time. She let out a small giggle at the thought of having the Russian as a new friend; he was odd and different from her in so many ways. Perhaps that was what made her drawn to him, willing to sit here and talk to him. Addison didn't waste her time on wolves who she didn't want to be around. "LET'S BE FRIENDS" She said.

"We're already getting along so well! Why not?!" She shouted. As she drank more, the taste of the stuff got a little better. Her tongue started to feel a bit numb. Friends were great. She moved over so that she might lean on him a little, laughing. "Then neither of us have to be alone, man."

[/html]
[html]

Her sudden outcry surprised the young Russian, and he could not help but let his Cheshire grin return. He had not expected to hear those words from her and somehow they had managed to dissolve some of the hurt he felt at realizing he was alone. Today, at the very least, he would not be alone it seemed. He was now very grateful for the young D’Angelo’s company. Pale eyes watched as she drank more from the open bottle, and he nodded his head feverishly to her words, setting his dark locks bouncing. "Yes, zhat sounds vonderful. Let us be friends."

She had moved closer to him, leaning her weight into his. He did not mind the physical contact, and in fact it only seemed to help reaffirm the fact that they were to be friends. "Drink, friend, drink!" He beckoned, a hand reaching out to tilt the bottle encouragingly held in one of her hands. "Ve von’t ever be alone," he chimed, echoing her words. When the bottle was no longer touching her lips, the Russian reached for it and took a hearty swallow of his own. The burn of the liquor didn’t seem to bother him so much anymore, and he welcomed the throbbing burn after it had trailed down his throat. "Vhat vill ve do, friend?" He realized he did not know her name, but his brain did not make the connection that he should ask.

table by kahilli
<style>

[/html]
[html]

End soon? :]

She didn't really know what friends did. Addison was around family far more than friends, so this would be a trial for her. The girl was interested in making friends and keeping them around, but wasn't sure how to go about it. As he said for her to drink she did, drinking more and more, her head spinning.

"Friends! Uhh. Visit each other! And do stuff together!" She said. "Can I come visit you where you live?" Addison asked, grinning back at him. It sure was nice to have a friend!

[/html]
Sure thing! Thanks for helping me out with getting posts up for Zale. Big Grin SSWM: 281 [html]

The other bottle he had in tow sat untouched and forgotten for now, but it did not seem as if the pair of new friends would need it anyhow. They had drained much of the vodka in the open bottle, and Silas swigged at the remaining liquid. All of this quick drinking had his head in quite a spin, and he would not be surprised if he felt quite the headache later. That, however, did not matter at the moment. All that mattered now was that he had drowned away the pain.

"Yus, my friend! Yus!" He chimed in response to Addison’s word. He was not coherent enough to realize that it would be hard for Addison to visit him where he lived without the potential of starting trouble. Wolves were not openly welcomed in Inferni, whether or not they were friends of the clans members or not. If someone else were to find Addison on the borders before Silas did, things had the potential to go sour very quickly. However, maybe it would never come to that. After all, both of the Luperci had gotten themselves quite drunk. It was possible that after tonight, neither would remember the other well enough to track them down. After all, Silas still did not know his new friend’s name.

"Here mine friend," and he offered the bottle back to Addison. Precariously, the boy rose from the curb. It took him a moment of rest for his world to stop spinning before he let his focus settle on Addison. Offering a hand, he waited to lift her to her feet. "Let us valk together." Together the two drunken Luperci would stroll the city’s streets.

table by kahilli
<style>

[/html]