Never Tear us apart
[html]

WC:306 (2 Points) OOC: Post dated to the 20th Big Grin

She had done it… she’d managed to lose her only friend… she had not seen him since the day that she’d kissed him. What was she thinking? She couldn’t understand her own actions, what had made her actually do that? She’d cried the whole night knowing she’d lost him. That was when she started sleeping in the stables, the sounds of the horses was comforting to her, she would work on her job for now, trying to get things sorted in her mind before really trying to be near anyone. It had been many days since she’d talked… and it was Nayati who was the last she’d spoken to… Well she talked to the horses, though they gave her little hope in what was on her mind, but they at least wouldn’t say anything to anyone, or do something stupid.

Today was no different than any other day, though she’d seen a few people, she managed to keep out of eyeshot, and always was out when she knew that Nayati was going to take Iye out, she knew his routine well enough, she knew he didn’t want to be around her, she wasn’t surprised if he was disgusted with her actions the night they’d last saw each other. She brushed one of the ponies that Theo had brought with him. Thinking of what to train them for. They had no young pups in the pack now, but what if she trained the just to teach the young ones that would come? It would be an interesting thought, as she moved the brush down the fur absentmindedly, her thoughts mixing between training and her stupid actions from a few nights ago. Both the ponies had been easy to take care of but they had the personalities of horses, which kept her pretty busy with the other horses.

<style type="text/css">
.liliquills b {font-weight:bold; color:#A79D86; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.liliquills-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right; }
.liliquills p {text-indent:15px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.liliquills {margin:0 auto; width:407px; background-color:#0F0A04; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... lslili.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #EBECE4; padding: 120px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#676052; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... ddlebg.png); background-repeat:repeat-y;">
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... e_top2.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

Yay! Big Grin 300+

Nayati had been reeling ever since that night he had invited Liliana over for dinner. He had started out that day thinking that he had done something to make her hate him, and it had ended with her kissing him. He hadn't consciously been trying to avoid her since then, he was only trying to figure out his own feelings. For so long he had only thought about Asha Amara in that way. The Utina was not the type to hold those kinds of feelings for multiple people at once. He had been so hung up on his childhood best friend though, that he had never given the thought that he could feel that way for someone else, even when she had not been around him since he had come to this tribe. Without knowing it though, his heart had changed direction without his permission or even his awareness. He had known that he really like Liliana, and had really cared for her, but until that night he hadn't realized how much she truly did mean to him. The kiss had been a shock, but it had been far from unpleasant, even though it had lasted but a second.

The past few days, Nayati had been trying to pin down his own feelings before looking for Liliana to talk with her about what had happened. Throughout his own soul searching, and with talking to Onawa, he had come to realize that he felt the same way for her that she felt for him. He cared about the hybrid woman as more than just a friend, and now whenever he thought of her he felt a certain tingling in his chest. Remembering the kiss made his skin flush with heat. He had never been kissed before, not like that, and he knew that he didn't want that to be the only time his lips met with Liliana's.

Finally, he felt ready to go and find her. He knew that she made sure to be out of the stables when he was usually there, so he was heading there at a time that was far out of his schedule, hoping he would fine her. Nayati knew that she was probably horribly embarrassed, and that his waiting to find her would have only made that worse, but he had felt he owed it to both of them to sit down and figure his own emotions out before approaching her. As he came up on the stables he moved quietly and his ears picked up on movement inside. It had to be her inside with the horses. Swallowing, he made his way to the open door of the building and his heart jumped at the sight of her. A couple seconds ticked by, and then taking a deep breath, he spoke. "Liliana?" It was all he could manage to say right then, and he hoped she wouldn't run away from him.

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... bottom.png); background-position:bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat; height:52px;">
[/html]
[html]

WC:320 (2 Points) OOC: Post <3

She thought today would be like any other day, that was until she heard her own name come from the last person she expected to come to her. She stopped what she was doing, to the irritation of the pony. So he was probably here to tell her that she’d made a stupid mistake, that he didn’t want to see her again. She took a deep breath building her courage before she looked at him, she wouldn’t cry this time, she was all out of tears. It was time for her to be an adult.

Hello Nayati.

She said quietly, friendly, yet skittish. He’d been there for longer than she thought he had, but that wasn’t the point, putting the brush down in a bucket that she had held them in for Theo, she looked at the handsome man. Waiting for that rejection she’d been waiting for since the night she’d gone to his hut. She couldn’t help her feelings and she knew it, it was not something she was use to, nor was it something she could control. That’s why she’d been trying to bury it as far as she could. It wasn’t working very well. Every time she thought of actually leaving AniWaya Ouray would convince her it was a very bad idea to do so, it was almost winter, she didn’t have the skills to hunt in the winter and she’d not be leaving her own worries behind. She could now see the porcupines logic. She looked over at Nayati, but didn’t move further than the door, she had never been in such a situation as this so she hoped she wasn’t expected to do something.

Forgive me about the other night…

She said, well that at least needed to be said, and it was a slight lift off her shoulders just saying it, but she would just have to get over with the rejection very soon.

<style type="text/css">
.liliquills b {font-weight:bold; color:#A79D86; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.liliquills-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right; }
.liliquills p {text-indent:15px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.liliquills {margin:0 auto; width:407px; background-color:#0F0A04; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... lslili.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #EBECE4; padding: 120px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#676052; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... ddlebg.png); background-repeat:repeat-y;">
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... e_top2.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

<3! 300+

She had been brushing a pony, and when he spoke her hand paused. Nayati held his breath, wondering if she would take off before he could say anything more. She didn't though, she stood there and seemed to gather herself before looking up at him and greeting him. A silent sigh of relief left him, at least she hadn't fled. The tension was palpable in the air, but that was to be expected in such a situation as they now faced. Liliana put the brush down, but she didn't walk over to him. He didn't blame her, she probably felt ashamed and embarrassed along with many other things. Nayati felt bad for making her wait this long, but he hadn't seen another way to properly go about things. He needed to be sure of how he felt before speaking to her, or it would only make things more awkward. Now he knew though, and he needed to share it with her.

Liliana spoke again, asking him to forgive her for what had happened and immediately he said, "No." No, she didn't need to be forgiven for that. Not at all. Soon he realized that that one word response was probably confusing and he shook his head. "You...do not need to be sorry for that Liliana." Steeling himself, he carefully closed the distance that still lay between them, watching her to see if she was getting uncomfortable at all. Once he was in front of her, he reached out, seeing if he could take one of her hands in his own. "I was...surprised that night. I did not know you felt that way. I did not know I felt that way," he said, trying to find the right words, this was not an easy thing to do and he knew now why she had been so tongue tied. "I like you too Lili, in that way. You do not need to be sorry about that because...well, I am glad that it happened." A soft, sheepish smile came to his face as he looked into her pretty brown eyes.

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... bottom.png); background-position:bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat; height:52px;">
[/html]
[html]

ooc...

She heard his response… No… no he wouldn’t accept her apology? She knew it, but then he spoke again, and her heart skipped, he meant that she didn’t have to apologize? And he came toward her, she was about to turn tail and run but Ouray reminded her she needed to be brave, he wasn’t going to physically hurt her, and she knew that much herself, she was afraid of the emotional pain things would cause… until he spoke again. Had she really heard him right? That he felt for her too? Her heart beat faster on her chest she could see his hand, asking for hers, she took it, lightly feeling his own hand, feeling the warm feeling coarse through her body. She didn’t move though, her own stunned shock would not let her.

You mean… but…

She was near speechless, mostly because of how she’d grown up, hearing how no wolf would want some hybrid like her and now here this male was showing her the exact opposite attention, and in so many ways it delighted her, yet confused her. Thoughts were jumbling in her mind. What was she suppose to say?

Then I should be sorry… that I had avoided you, I just didn’t want to lose you, and I… I couldn’t help the way I was feeling, I didn’t want to react in a bad way…

She said, now feeling even more relief, he’d actually liked her? The beating of her heart was now faster, and she tightened her grip, smiling slightly for the first time in quite a while… was it since she’d seen Lolita’s pups? Possibly. It felt good to smile again.

<style type="text/css">
.liliapple b {font-weight:bold; color:#D4BF6A; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.liliapple-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.liliapple p {text-indent:10px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.liliapple {margin:0 auto; width:406px; background-color:#BE3F28; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... iapple.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #E2CF81; padding: 10px 0px 250px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#92261E; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

300+

As he walked towards her there was a moment that seemed as if she might run, and he paused in his advance. Something seemed to make her master her flight response though and her feet stayed in place. He was glad, he didn't want her to be afraid of him, he didn't want her to run from him. Nayati never wanted to see this woman fleeing from him again. The Utina had let her run that night, but he wouldn't let her go again. At least not until she heard him out and knew how he felt too. The man was so glad, relieved, when she took his offered hand. As their fingers touched a warm feeling settled into the pit of his stomach and his smile grew. It was amazing. Only a few days ago he had been wholly ignorant of his feelings for her, and now he could hardly contain them.

She spoke, stammeringly. Had she truly thought that it would ruin their friendship as she had said that night? Even if he didn't return her feelings as he did, he would not have wanted her out of his life. Of course he now understood why she was having issue finding words to say, he was experiencing the same problem himself. Nayati had never done this before, expressed these feelings to someone he felt them for. He had felt them for Asha, but he had never told her and she had disappeared from his life again. That sadness wasn't so great now though, not when Liliana was around and now what they felt for one another was clear to them both.

It was sweet of her to apologize for her behavior prior to that night, but he only shook his head. "It is okay. I cannot say that I would have been any less worried in that situation. It is not easy." Even if he had been hurt, he could not hold it against her now. Not in the face of what had been discovered. Her grip on his hand tightened and he felt butterflies in his stomach, his thumb rubbing her fingers gently. A small smile appeared on her face and it might have been the most beautiful thing he had ever seen.

[/html]
[html]

ooc...

His fingers rubbing hers made the butterflies in her stomach move faster, she felt safe enough to move away from the small barrier between them, and opened the ponie’s stall to let herself through, now there was nothing between them. This had to be a dream a wonderfully beautiful dream, and if it was she never ever wanted to wake from it.

I’ve never… never felt this way with anyone before, but I know… that I love you Nayati. I… I have for some time now…

the words just came out of her mouth, as though they were meant to… and if this really was a dream and it all went bad maybe she could wake from it, but he’d said that he felt for her so that was the only thing she really could say. She was so new to all of this, she was no experienced wolf, she even promised to save herself for her mate. And that mate would be her first and her last. Now she knew that if she couldn’t be with Nayati she couldn’t be with anyone.

<style type="text/css">
.liliapple-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.liliapple {margin:0 auto; width:406px; background-color:#BE3F28; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... iapple.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #E2CF81; padding: 10px 0px 250px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#92261E; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

300+

Finally she came out of the stall and now that there was nothing between them he wanted to hold her close to him, but he refrained. The last thing Nayati wanted to do was to rush things. He was a careful wolf, and he had always known that whenever he found someone to be with that he wanted to take things slow and be respectful. The way he had been raised had been very clear on such things. He would never lay with a woman until she was his mate. It was the proper thing to do, the right thing to do. If there was one thing he was certain of, it was that he was going to do right by Liliana and treat her as she deserved to be treated.

When she spoke, he was a little surprised to hear the word love come from her lips. He didn't know if what he felt was love yet, for he had never felt it before like this either, but he knew that this certainly had to be the beginnings of love. Clearly, she had realized her feelings for him a long time ago, and had had time for them to grow and to think on them. He had only had a few days, so hopefully she would not hold it against him if he could not say the same exact words just yet. Nayati squeezed her hand. "I hope that next time, you will not be afraid to tell me anything. Even if I had not returned your affection, I would have never cast you out of my life. There is nothing that would make me want to be without you Liliana." Especially not now, not with how he felt. He wished he had known of these feelings earlier, so then he would be at the same stage as she. For now, it was still new to him, but he wasn't questioning the truth of it. The feelings simply needed time to grow.

[/html]
[html]

ooc...

She really was more than relieved that she was able to get what she had off her chest, though he didn’t acknowledge that he loved her as well, she felt better that he didn’t take it badly either. She was sure that he wasn’t feeling exactly the same as she’d been or things may have possibly gone different. She looked down at her feet.

I’ll make sure to. I won’t keep anything from you again.

She asked shyly, just like him she was so inexperienced, it was confusing, she wanted their relationship to grow, but she knew that it would take Nayati some time, and she was in no hurry she was relieved she still had her best friend.

So now what?

she asked awkwardly.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

300+

Nayati was relieved when she didn't react negatively to the fact that he didn't say that he loved her back. He really wished that he could say that now, but he could not. The Kanait was not the type of person to say something unless he knew that it was true, and at this moment he just could not say that he loved Liliana. Despite that, there was little doubt in his mind that he would grow to love her in return. How could he not, with the way he already felt? Standing there, holding her hand, it just felt right. It felt like this was perhaps how they always should have been. Any remaining feelings of this sort that he had held for Asha seemed to vanish. She had made her choice in life, and now he was making his. He wanted Liliana, and he would not abandon her.

"I'm glad," he said. From now on he wanted them to be open with their feelings and where they wanted things between them to go. No more secrets and no more being afraid. The first step was to trust each other, and now they had reached it. The question she asked was a valid one, and he had to think for a moment on how to answer it. "Well, I guess we just take things one step at a time. We will not make decisions until we are both ready to." The man's emphasis was on both. Nayati wanted her to know that he was just as concerned with her wishes and comfort level as he was with his own.

Gently, he pressed his nose to the top of her head. "I care for you more than anyone else Liliana, I want you to know that." He may not be able to say love yet, but he could assure her of that.

[/html]