follow the wind
[html]
ooc;; 20.10.10 Oberon's Spring

The wind was engaged in a roudy game of tag with the grass and the few autumn flowers that dared to brave the coming winter. Long tendrils of thick wind would sweep in and play with the grass and the flowers. They would giggle and laugh, waiting for their turn to shout the words back at the wind. It was an amusing game to watch, and it reminded Saul of the play date he had participated in just days before. Mia had only just arrived in Dahlia, but Saul felt like he knew her inside out. It was true to think that he was fond of the little grey furball and he was glad that he would have more time to play together. Maybe next time, they would actually be able to play hide and go seek like he had proposed in the first place. A gentle smile lifted his lips as he thought of Mia. She was so full of life it was heartening to see her running around the house at all hours. Still, he had made his promise to one day show her how the wolves of Dahlia were different.

Just recently, Saul had been feeling off. Just little things that worried him slightly. Like this morning, waking up when the sun had already risen, instead of rising with it. His run had been fairly short this morning, a lap around Flanders Field, St Pepins Vineyard and around the Wasteland. He was putting on more weight thanks to the steady supply of food heading his way. No longer emaciated, just a little on the thin side. He had been suffering from terrible shivers recently, sometimes so bad he seemed to be shaking himself out of his skin. And he was running a temperature. His thoughts chased back to the meeting with Gideon, when his younger brother had admitted that he was scared about shifting. Could these "off" feelings have anything to do with him shifting. He hoped so.

Green eyes were bright in the twilight as he watched the river rush past. He didnt know the name for the place he rested, but he could hear a gentle bubble of a spring not too far away. The stars shone brilliantly and the moon hung in a semicircle above him. It was odd for him, but he was thinking more about what he wanted to do with his life. His brothers, especially Gideon, no longer needed him. He was an older brother without a purpose. Part of him believed this was because he had gotten lost, and his brothers had had to grow up a bit. But it would have been nice to come back and still be needed. Perhaps he could ease his brothers worries about shifting by doing it together. A soft sigh echoed from his lips as he stood up. He wasnt usually out this late, but he found that he wanted a little solitude this evening.

A flash in the water caught his attention and Saul padded closer. The expanse of water he was near was neither deep or fast running, and only a few tiny silver fish swam in the bed. He was tempted to catch one of them, but decided against it. He wasnt hungry, and he was no expert at fishing. Gideon had promised to teach him, but he was a little too busy with his pups at the moment. Saul tried not to be resentful of the two pups, but sometimes he slipped. Another sigh escaped him before, for no apparent reason, he hit the grass on his side and rolled onto his back, staring at the stars and trying to will them to figure his life out for him. There was no answer.

word count;; 486

"speech" "speech"
[/html]
[html]

Here we go! Word Count: 486

The trees were bare, the grass scarce, and drops of frost now turned to dew glistened in the sun. The wind swept through the few plants that were still trying to shed their faded ornaments of spring and summer--flowers, leaves, and stems that were late for their departure. On this particular morning all things in nature seemed to whisper contentedly about all that was well in the world. At least, that’s how it seemed to Glaiven. The grasses and trees raised their voices above the wind one moment, and sighed happily in the calm at another. All the while Glaiven skedaddled about them, not caring about the fact that to any onlooker she would appear merely foolish or even slightly mad. She rejoiced in the simple freshness of the air and the coldness of the world around her, running through tall grasses and ferns only to halt a few steps away and watch the strands and leaves flutter down around her.

After many rounds of this juvenile and made-up game, she looked around and found herself to be near a rather large stream. Glaiven spotted several fish swimming through the glistening water, and decided that here was another game. She never gave up a chance for a game. Bracing herself for the cold, Glaiven took a running leap right into the middle of the small group of fish. As she broke the surface, she gasped at the cold that penetrated her skin—although the water did not make its way through her fur, the freezing sensation did. Glaiven made a note to herself to make sure she slept in an especially warm and dry place that night so she wouldn’t catch cold. She smiled at the thought of what her friends would say about her now. They would probably make some obvious comment about how the cold made her even more spontaneous than usual! She almost laughed out loud, but stopped herself just in time to avoid swallowing a huge amount of water.

She had been treading water up until this time, and now decided to make her way upstream. Powerful legs pumped through the previously undisturbed water, becoming numb from exercise and the bitter cold. Her body became accustomed to the temperature of the water and her breath ceased to hang white in the air. Glaiven maneuvered herself over to the bank, gingerly pulled herself out of the water, and shivered as the wind swirled around her saturated coat. Her fur clung to her skin, and she felt truly awake for the first time this morning.

She looked about and stepped back a bit, surprised that she hadn’t noticed the still, dark figure amidst the pale landscape. Of course, she thought, my nose is slightly numb. That probably contributed to her unawareness. She giggled faintly, then caught herself before she could startle the stranger.

“Excuse me,” she asked the unmoving form, “are you alright?”

<style type="text/css">
.glaiven b {font-weight:bold; color:#d3f991; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.glaiven-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:center; }
.glaiven p {text-indent:20px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.glaiven {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#2b7501; background-image:url(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... -table.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #b2ed07; padding: 240px 0px 9px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10.5px; color:#b2ed07; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
ooc;; yaaaay glaiven! <3 its night time, silly! ^^

Green eyes were dark as they gazed up at the sparkling lights in the sky. He knew they were called stars- a lesson learnt early on from his mother, which was a novelty. He remembered almost nothing about his mother and laying belly-up in the grass right now he felt an ache in his belly that he didnt really understand. He hadn't known Abigail but he had known that she was his mother. His mind had blocked out most of that fateful day in the Halycon Mountains that had ended with his mother dying, but there were a few images that never left the young male. His grandmother launching herself at the dark mass that was Gideon, his terrible screams as his flesh was punctured. His mother wrenching her son away from those killing jaws and instead having them turned on her. He couldn't remember the moment his mother left them, but he could see in his mind his mother laying in a pool of her own blood, eyes glassy and lifeless. This was perhaps the only memory of Abigail he had and since Dreyrugr had returned home and left the Stormbringer brood here, he had no one to ask about her. The only other thing he could remember about her was when she had told him about the stars. He had spotted them one day and asked her why the fireflies weren't moving- for he had learnt just days before about fireflies. She had laughed softly and told him no, they were stars in the sky. She had told him that they were the spirits of all those lost to them. As Saul gazed skyward this evening, his eyes stung for the mother he never had, who ultimately skedaddled across these skies and watched over her children.

A deisturbance behind him almost made the young male flip onto his front and look around. But the tears that had sprung to his eyes were stinging and he didnt fancy letting anyone else know what was going through his mind right now. So he took a deep breath and bent his head backward to get an upside down view of the creature that came towards him. Pale grey fur clung to a curvasious body, soaking and saturated. Logical mind put two and two together and he guessed she had just exited from the moat. Although that in itself was a very odd thing to do. It wasn't quite summer yet but the air was becomgin frigid in the evenings and the lakes were frosting over in the mornings. This would be his first summer and even Saul knew that it was dangerous to get too cold. He was intrigued now and he allowed a small smile to race across his lips. A further inspection with his nose confirmed that this was a female and with a final blink of his green eyes, Saul flipped over onto his stomach. He was a handsome male and laying in the grass made him look cute. Her words made him chuckle softly, because he usually was okay. Just moments before, he had been crying about his dead mother, which was unlike him.

"I'm fine thank you... I was just looking at the stars! I'm Saul by the way. You must be cold- the water looks freezing!"

Saul wasn't usually the chatty one, but he liked the look of this female and he flashed her a cheeky grin to prove it. Tail flapping softly back and forward, Saul looked around to see if there was anything that would dry the female off. She would catch a cold if she didnt get the water off her fur soon. Being the worrier he was, Saul became more concerned when it turned out there wasn't anything there that could help. What a tricky predicament they were in!

word count;; 638

"speech" "speech"
[/html]
How to Add my Table:

[html]

Oops! My bad. Switching to night mode. xD Also, curvaceous??? I sense some raging hormones. ^^ Also, sorry--it's kind of short. My muse is a little peckish lately...

The moonlight that had illuminated the scene before her suddenly left them to darkness, the clouds obscuring her view. She waited for a few seconds as her eyes adjusted to her newly darkened surroundings. Large paws. Lightly muscled chest and shoulders. Markings distinctly timber wolf. Her eyes traveled upwards, and her breath caught a bit when her golden eyes met cutting green ones. The stranger said that he--she could tell by his figure, voice, and scent that he most definitely was a male--was fine. He introduced himself, and commented on how cold she must be. Saul, as that was his name, smiled at her in a way that might have appeared to be a leer on another wolf. However, it somehow worked for him. All this she took in as he was speaking, and when he was done he looked at her expectantly.

"My name is Glaiven. Nice to meet you," she said with a smile, fighting hard to keep her teeth from chattering. "

And yes, I am quite cold. Of course, why would I swim in winter if not for the cold and the thrill of it?"
She hoped that he didn't mind her bluntness, and added another smile. That was the way Glaiven was with most things: blunt. She looked at him closely, and decided that he must be a little bit younger than her. He seemed friendly, and she was always up for new relationships. She shivered and noticed that her breath was still lacking the white puffs typical of a wolf with the correct body temperature.

<style type="text/css">
.glaiven-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:center; }
.glaiven {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#2b7501; background-image:url(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... -table.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #b2ed07; padding: 240px 0px 9px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10.5px; color:#b2ed07; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
ooc;; haha, i can sense a crush coming on! no worries, your post is fine!

Green eyes connected with gold and a funny sensation flipped his stomach. He didnt exactly know what to think about it and tried hard to settle the grumble in his stomach that seemed to have little to do with hunger. She was a pretty female, perhaps half a year older than he was. She suddenly seemed to realised it was dark and Saul chuckled softlly to himself. Despite her obvious maturity in age, she appeared to be just as skittish and mad as he was. Or at least how he should be. She hadnt yet shaken any of the water from her fur and the grass around her body was becoming slippery and soaking with the water from the moat. He stretched in his laying position, rump twitching upward for a moment before he settled back down on the floor. He liked the look of this female and the fact that she was another Dahlian was a bonus- he could see her again if he really wanted to.

"Its nice to meet you too Glaiven!"

He responded, a smile eminating from his lips as he fought to control the chattering of her teeth. He knew that if she were to shake the water off her fur thoroughly and curl up beside him she would warm up in no time. Shock seemed to freeze his face momentarily as he analysed the thought he had just had. He shouldnt be thinking like that. Embarrassed, though it was not obvious to Glaiven why, Saul pressed his body deeper into the ground. If wolves could blush, his cheeks would be bright red. She spoke again and Saul was saved, for her humorous and sarcastic response made him laugh to himself. His laugh was deep and manly and it surprised the young male. He hadnt realised perhaps until this moment that he was actually growing up. Tail flipped back and forward as he thought of something witty to say back to her. For some reason his tongue seemed stuck in his mouth.

"Welll someone could have pushed you in? Or... you could have fell in!"

He teased with a cheeky grin. He couldnt help the teasing- she was close to his age and it was his natural reaction to lighten the tone with a joke. Still, she really must be cold and the young male was still at a loss as to how to warm her up. He was just a little too young to shift yet and even if he could he didnt fancy getting soaked through by her saturated fur. He didnt quite understand why she hadnt shaken off some of the water, so he told her instead.

"You should shake your body... it'll get some of the water off!"

word count;; 457

"speech" "speech"
[/html]
[html]

Aw! Glaiven's first crush/crushee! Also, I messed up the age in my profile. She was a bit too old for her personality (realized that when I wrote the spazziness of the last post and recognized that it's not going to change), so I asked in the forums about it. She's now 11 months old. Just FYI! ^^

Saul appeared to be thinking something, and was about to say it when he stopped, thoughtful once again. He seemed a bit embarrassed for some reason, and Glaiven noticed this and wondered if she had said something out of turn. Typical Glaiven-style, she decided to just continue plowing through pretenses and preliminaries. He was a potential esteemed colleague and if this friendship was to work out, then Saul would probably want to know what he was getting into.

"No, I haven’t seen anyone besides my reflection taday. Actually, I've been living by myself for a while. Haven't adopted a permanent home yet, and you're one of the first Dahlians I've met. I could have very well been pushed in by that malicious-looking squirrel I saw a while back, though..." Her eyes sparkled and she smiled her trademark slightly-crooked grin. She cocked her head to the side as Saul suggested she get some of the water out of her fur.

"Now, why didn't I think of that?" she asked, stepping a few feet away and shaking furiously. The resulting rain shower was great, and she hoped she didn't get him wet. Her fur still damply clung to her, but much less so. She acutely felt the slight breeze, lack of sun, and leftover chill. Glaiven now realized that she could be sick for a while if her current condition persisted, and saw her foolishness. Things like this can’t be undone, though, so she might as well try to fix the whole temperature issue. She looked around for a source of heat, and found one. That source of heat might object to a stranger pressed against him, however. A little more meekly than before, she asked, "You wouldn't happen to know of something that would keep me warm, would you? Turns out going for a swim wasn't a great idea..."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
ooc;; its all good, I saw your thread in the OOC section! Somehow I dont think their going to get on to herbs and healing in this thread! Why not just let them have fun? ^^

Saul didnt know if she'd noticed his embarrassment and he was sourly glad that even if she had, she wouldnt know why he had this feeling. Green eyes tried to stay away from her but in the end he gave up, exploring her as she stood above him. Her fur was much darker than it perhaps would usually be, but he imagined she would become an ashy grey once dry. Her golden eyes were alight with mischeif and amusement, which Saul could feel leaping the gap between them and infecting him. He didnt mind all that much but he also didnt understand the sensation that was over-coming him. He would speak to Conor or Bris about it soon, but for now he would just have to suffer the flips his belly was making and the raise in heartbeat. Her words made him laugh softly again and he stood this time, unwilling to remain beneath her.

"You should make a home in Wolfville... I live there! A malicious-looking squirrel yu say? Well you must have upset it some for it to push you into the river. Are you sure it didnt follow you?"

He teased, returning the crooked smile that she gave him. He was rather enjoying this midnight meeting. To tease her even more he peered behind her deliberately, trying to see if any such squirrel had followed her down the river to make sure his handiwork had not gone to waste. He smiled and shook his head softly from side to side as she spoke once more. He wasnt prepared for the shower of water that hit him full on in the face. He gave a shocked gasp before shaking it away from his own fur. It was too late however and the water seemed to have a gel like affect. Tufts of darker, wet fur stuck out of his face and a scowl tried to fix itself to his lips. He couldn't keep it there however and he fought the smile that broke out. She asked him another question and he was acutely reminded of the embarrassing thought he'd had earlier. He would have offered his body heat, had she not splashed him in the face with water.

"Oh, I dont know... Maybe another dip in the river would get you to the right temperature?"

He threatened in a teasing way. With a short bark Saul launched himself towards Glaiven, landing with his front paws on her back. Despite being about three months younger, Saul was slightly larger than the almost-yearling. He attempted to use this leverage to push her back towards the river, snapping playfully at her neck. It didnt matter than he had met her just moments ago- they were both children and children were meant to play.

word count;; 462

"speech" "speech"
[/html]
[html]

That's what I like about writing with other people--you never know where the story's going to take you! Big Grin

Glaiven briefly wondered about this place he called Wolfville, but by the time she thought to ask, they had already moved on to another subject. She continued grinning lopsidedly, delighted that her new friend was playing along with her story. Turns out that she did get him a bit wet, and she giggled a bit as he tried to keep a straight face and failed.

”Oh, I don’t know…Maybe another dip in the river would get you to the right temperature?”he said. She was about to slip in another teasing comment, but what happened next caught her off guard. He shot towards her, a blur of grays and browns, and she let out a little surprised yelp as he practically shoved her towards the water. When she realized what he was planning on, she smiled slyly and said, ”You know…since we’re both already wet…I don’t see the harm in us both going in!” Glaiven assumed that the thing he least expected was for her to go willingly, so that’s exactly what she did.

Using their combined momentum, she pushed with her hind legs as hard as she could towards the water in an attempt to make him crash headlong into the spring. Of course, she would end up in there too, but she didn’t mind…

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
ooc;; I know <3

If Saul thought she was going to resist his attack, he was very much mistaken. He had expected to be met with resistence, the lock of her legs as she tried to keep them both upright. When she fell backwards without even an attempt at staying upright, Saul was shocked. Apparently she didnt react at all like he had expected, she was a bit of a wild card really. As they fell backwards Saul couldnt help the whine of apprehension as their combined body weight neared the river. He didnt fancy being as wet as she was, but the spray of water in his face and the underside of his legs and chest where he had pounced on her were already boardering soaking. The thing that didnt exactly bother Saul about the water was the fact that he had a bath every morning and he was already beginning to get used to the cold. Still, he had a place to go after all this, blankets to dry himself off on and a roof over his head to keep him warm. She didn't.

"Are you sure you want to go in again?"

He questioned in her ear, cold nose touching the warm inside of her nose before there was nothing left by the bank and the river. She landed first, having propelled herself backwards. He landed on top of her, front legs pining her to the floor. There was a moment where their momentum threatened to throw them both into the freezing water but Saul held on tight to her back with his paws. They came to a stop, but not before she ended up with her front end dangling over the side of the bank. He was the only thing that was keeping her from falling into the stream once more. A mischeivious grin slipped over his muzzle, the expression sliding into those green eyes as they connected with her gold ones. He could drop her in if he wanted to.

"Now where's my apology? For covering my face in water?"

His voice was low and gruff and he tugged softly on the fur around her neck. He loosened his grip on her back from across her ribs and she shifted slightly towards the water before he hardened his grip once more. Knowing he had the power to drop her was satisfying, even if he didnt know her all that well.

word count;; 401

"speech" "speech"
[/html]
How to Add my Table:

[html]

Sorry it took so long! ^^

Glaiven's split-second decision to play on the element of surprise was effective--the startled and obvious apprehensive expression on Saul's face told her that much. "The thing about split-second decisions, though, is that there isn't much time to think about them,"she reflected as the river's bank drew closer at a slightly worrying speed. Apparently it worried him, too, because she heard him whine slightly while they were in mid-air. Images of sleeping through the night outside with wet fur flashed through her mind, and she heard a small whimper escape her mouth at the sight of the freezing water. Where would she stay tonight? That is, if she ever went to sleep. This night had turned into an adventure that had started with meeting a new friend, and would most likely end with her making a pile of leaves and grass to keep warm in. If that was to be the result of this night, then Glaiven wouldn't mind. After all, she could always ask Saul to lead the way to Wolfville. Perhaps someone there would know of a place to stay. She would ask him for a place to stay, but that seemed rude, and she didn't want to pressure someone she had just met.

Throughout this whole internal debate, they had been falling. Her thoughts were interrupted by him asking her whether she wanted to go in again. Glaiven paused and was about to reply with some sort of teasing remark when she noticed the cold of his nose against her ear. She felt strange; the feeling was a little bit uncomfortable, but in a good way somehow. Glaiven was just beginning to contemplate the fluttering sensation she felt in her stomach when she remembered that they were still falling--the realization came just in time to be blasted away along with her breath from the surpise impact. She landed right on the edge of the bank, and the one thing keeping her from falling over the edge into the water was Saul's grip on her back. She stilled, paws dangling over the edge, and watched her white breath bounce off the surface of the water. She cocked an ear backwards, listening to the male's cocky remark. She put on a demure face, even though he couldn't possibly see her from this angle, and said sweetly,"I am sincerely sorry for getting your face wet. It won't happen again. Do you forgive me?"

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
ooc;; <3

She had landed facing away from him, her face almost touching the slow running water. His body had landed across hers, his paws hooked around her back and holding her from falling back into the water. Despite the fact that she was a few months older than he was, he was obviously bigger than she was. A playful tug at her neck was given again and he chuckled softly in her ear. The night wasn't too cold and it was still october so it wouldnt start to frost over in the nights for a while. But that didnt mean the two wouldnt get cold if they were soaking wet. Words came up from the silvery female beneath him and his ribs shook with a soft laughter that would no doubt radiate towards her.

"I forgive you"

He chuckled. Now was the tricky business of getting her back up again. Claws dug into her back, not too hard to make it uncomfortable but a tight grip none the less. He pushed his back legs a few centimetres back and tried to tug her backwards. If that worked and when he was sure she was safely back on solid ground Saul released her and jumped out of her way before she might be able to catch ahold of him and push him in the water. He wondered whether it had really been a good idea to come here tonight, considering the hyperactive company he had met here. But she was fun and considering the fact that he had been feeling rather upset a few minutes ago she had successfully cheered him up. Green eyes caught gold and he smiled.

"So how come you live on your own?"

He wondered, a smile making his already handsome face light up. A paw reached out to bat at Glaiven's muzzle, another playful gesture that was another informality between the two of them. She was nice and he enjoyed her company, even if she was a little bit cheeky and mischevious.

word count;; 335

"speech" "speech"
[/html]