Joining the Pack
Kanen's Colors (This image is property of wolveskeeper, Deviantart.)

Character Name: Kanen
1. Character Birthdate (including year): april 27, 2009

2. Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci Ortus

3. Species: Northern Rocky Mountains wolf

4. Gender: Female

5. Preferred Art Rank: Painter

6. A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M). Unfortunately, I have none.

7. Currently played characters: Kanen

8. How you found 'Souls: Searching google for a werewolf RP forum

9. Initial post: Introduce your character approaching the pack lands In Character. Aim for a minimum of 2 paragraphs.

A new wolf approached the border of a nearby pack. Her grey eys pricked with caution. Her fur moved in slight ripples as the breeze blew through her fur. It was not uncomfortable. Kanen walked along the borders, her large body tense with worry. She had always been a big wolf, she was larger than many males. But then again, that was not too unusual, after all, her mother and father had been large. She remembered that as a puppy everyone was so big. It confused her a bit as to why that was so. It had been so long since the pack she was born in had been home. A new pack leader had attacked her as a pup, she did not know why. But her mom thought it was to get her back into heat again so he could have kids. Kanen was the daughter of the old alpha male, and the new one hated that. He just attacked one day when she was jumping and pouncing on mommies ears.

Kanen was glad her mom could change shapes and sizes. She had jumped and bitten him, holding him now with her teeth as she transformed. Her mom ran away with her. But after she was ready to go back she had gotten lost and could not find her mom. She had grown up on killing big bugs and little rabbits. It was not lightly that she now walked the borders of a new pack. She was still scared of very large males in a way. Kanen drew up her courage and gave off a howl to alert the pack of her presence. She was scared of being attacked. Kanen had heard that some packs killed lone wolves near their borders. Kanen, catching the scent of someone approaching jumped, panicking a little, before settling down. She flattened her ears submissively and let her tail point down. She lowered her body so she was facing the ground, almost laying. Hopefully no one would hurt her.
[html]

WC: --- OOC:First off Let me welcome you to souls!!! Second off, Welcome to CdA!!!

Shawchert hadn’t been too far away, he was settling himself in a nearby tree when he heard the howl, his ears perked and his heart leaped, someone was at his boarders. He stood up and moved quickly to answer the calls. What he saw was a rather big surprise, a fair wolf who was almost as big as he was. He knew his presence had always been with shock from the other party. She did seem timid, and shy. He hoped that would not hinder a conversation especially since she’d pretty much called him to his borders. He was very curious as to why she was there though, but he made sure he did not show that excitement. He gave a welcome smile as he moved closer.

Good day, you are at the border of Cercatori D’Arte, my name is Shawchert. How may I help you?

He said, his voice was soft and pleasant, he’d always been a patient wolf, one who thought things through, after all his own family had disowned him when he was just barely able to fend for himself as well. He’s spent most of his life on his own, now he defied his own father, and was the leader of a pack. Not just any pack, but a pack designed to create. He stood waiting, not knowing that he might make the large female uncomfortable. He had found the larger the wolf the less scared they normally were, but it had not always been the case, for Shaw did stand over eight feet tall, nearly taller than all the wolves he’d met thus far.

<style>
.shaw-a03 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.shaw-a03 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.shaw-a03 b {color:#81dd4f; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.shaw-a03 {background-color:#20732d; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/15zl7qa.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:268px 0px 0px 0px; border:1px solid #81dd4f; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#103816; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px;}
.shaw-a03-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
Kanen began to get in a more erect form, though still clearly submissive. She moved her head up and looked around, before steadily facing him, though not eye to eye, which she feared he would mistake for a challenge. "My name is Kanen, I have been looking for a new pack. I smelled your packs borders and got curious if I might be able to join your pack." Kanen had always been a bit scared of large males since the incident as a puppy, and it was hard for her to get over new males. "Sorry I am a bit scared of large male, I was attacked by the new alpha as a pup because he wanted my mom to go into heat again sooner. Since then I just get really awkward around them.. Anyway I am also a Luperci...But I thought wolf form was best for approaching a new pack. I also saw some trees nearby that had been painted on and thought this might be a good clan. I am good at painting. . Do you think there is any palce for me in your pack? I would love not being on my own anymore."
[html]

WC: --- OOC: Forgive my post this morning, it wasn’t as good as I could have made it, woke rather early ^^

Shaw could tell the poor wolf was rather nervous, he tried to give her a reassuring smile, and knelt a little, He wasn’t one who was too formal entirely with everything, she showed that she was vulnerable just by the way the poor girl talked.

Oh Don’t worry about me, I’m more of a big teddy bear than anything else.

He said giving a slight chuckle. He was not one that fought often though the fresh, and mostly unseen wounds didn’t show such ideas. He took a second to process everything she’d said, so she wanted to join and she was a painter? He smiled, well that was good, that was good enough. He sat on his heels, contemplating her words.

Well I think that we could take in another body, do you know how to hunt? We are in dire need of winter storage for this year, we need able bodies for that, but I will not turn you away if you cannot. I also guarantee you will have Sanctuary here in Cercatori D’Arte. We are quite new, but we stand together.

He said, trying to give the young wolf some outlook that would seem better than the past she’d just shared with him. Though not many would even admit or explain that, but he wasn’t going to judge her, though he felt bad she’d gotten attacked.

It is very nice to meet you Kanen. If you want I can show you around?

He said, standing once more, hoping her fear would dissipate soon, he really wasn’t a bad guy and disliked most wolves that gave his own appearance a bad reputation. He knew there wasn’t much around that had either been restored or really looked into, though he’d made it his home he was still learning most of the places himself. He still wanted to show her around.

<style>
.shaw-a03 {background-color:#20732d; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/15zl7qa.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:268px 0px 0px 0px; border:1px solid #81dd4f; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#103816; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px;}
.shaw-a03-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
Kanen stood up and thought about that. More like a teddy bear? that would be unusual for an alpha male? What was a teddy bear anyway? Some soft human child's toy, but that is all Kanen knew. That created interesting idea of this pack. Anyway, the enxt question brought her up, not sure how to answer. Kanen hunted things like rabbits and such all the time, and often survived on small game. She was not very experienced with large game in hears. True, she had taken down some dear before. There would be other hunters to teach her more about group big game hunting. "Oh, I can hunt, but I am not used to hunting with a pack. I have usually killed small animals such as rabbits, but I have killed dear when I could. So I suppose I can hunt, but I may need help learning to hunt as a team. I come from the mountains to the west a bit, so I guess I understand the importance of stockpiling." Kanen was a bit cautious. She new based on what he had said it was a small pack, still, winters inth e mountains had been bad, so perhaps they can be here as well. "Oh, yes, nice to meet you as well. I would indeed like it if you could show me around. I would hate to be mistaken for an intruder as I am new. And I just came from the mountains so I do not know what the area is like as of yet. Your kindness is much appreciated."
[html]

WC: --- OOC: I think we can just say he showed her around then? don't have to rp it all out (and though he knows about it... he knows more than his rper XD Wink for now :3)

He nodded, well knowing how to hunt was good enough for him, they needed the help until they were on the way to becoming a fully functional pack.

Good, there’s a few of us who can hunt, I’m sure you can be taught. I can even teach you if you wish.

His smile broadened when she agreed for him to show her around. Though he was still new to this place he’d found a few things that were worth taking a look at, so he’d show her around and help her settle in, though they had no living quarters as of yet, he knew there were a group of small caves around, hidden enough, but big enough for a wolf until they found something or built something suitable for the pack.

To be honest I’m a bit new myself, but I do know my way around here well enough that I won’t get lost.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.

[/html]